• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

pizzacat

Banned
Rolled McCree in mystery heroes
That's just my msg finally coming in from the inhouse when you went mccree

TALKING ABOUT THE INHOUSE WE SHOULD DO ANOTHER ONE

894bc908-14a8-4249-b4b6-a0f7b78d7355_l.gif

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY. THE PC INHOUSE WILL CONTINUE WE NEED PEOPLE, WE NEED NUMBERS, CHECK THE DISCORD TO KNOW WHO TO ADD AND WHEN IT WILL BE BUT KNOW THAT IT WILL BE ON SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

YOUR BOY GOT FIRST POST IN THE NEW PAGE, THIS MUST BE A SIGN

WE NEED NUMBERS, NO TILTS ALLOWED BY THE WAY

This is sadly what happened last time we had a tilter, he was just saying gg, now he's all black and blues.

d4FhCzb_d.jpg

Owzers

Second most frustrating behind having you on the team as Mercy.
I have a higher winrate as Mercy than Rein( not counting last night, but the big picture), if only I had people worth healing in our stack!

If I play tonight I will prove my skill with non-Reins like always and everyone will be happy and no one tilting.

Quan

I think the game's toolset needs an overhaul. Quick Play is atrocious, so anyone who even moderately wants to play a game according to the goals of the game plays Competitive. That's not a good division.

I agree 100% let's see what Blizzard going to do with this fiasco.

I have a higher winrate as Mercy than Rein( not counting last night, but the big picture), if only I had people worth healing in our stack!

If I play tonight I will prove my skill with non-Reins like always and everyone will be happy and no one tilting.
89-71 is a much larger sample size than 10-6 lol.

Overbuff tells me that your Mercy only lacks in one area, HEALING. 90th percentile objective kills (2), 22nd percentile healing. What's more important? :p

You should bust out the Dva more often though.

pizzacat

Banned
If your pistol is not out as mercy

TIME 👏🏻 TO 👏🏻 PACK 👏🏻 UP 👏🏻 THE 👏🏻 WINGS

Nimby

Banned
Give me Mercy mains and Zen mains to watch on Twitch.

I know Eevee and animetic(don't know if they stream tho), most good Zens I know like Roolf from C9 don't stream often.

Prelude.

This week's mystery heroes tilted me sideways. Holy shit what a garbage mode.
Last week, 8 wins in a row, this one, 3 days to get 9 wins. Fuck me.

Fugu

Getting ready to quit because of the SR system. I've posted in this thread about this many times but it continues to get more egregious. I made a bug report about it on the battle.net forums because it is seriously impacting my enjoyment of the game:

Myself said:
Short version: I categorically lose more SR than I gain by such a large degree that I need to win over 60% of my games just to maintain my rating.
-

Long version: A lot of people come on here to talk about SR gains that they don't understand, like when they're unusually small due to a large difference in SR between the teams, but I think I have a fairly good understanding of the system and yet I still have absolutely no idea what's going on with my account.

Basically, I categorically gain very small SR for wins and lose a lot when I lose, particularly if I play as Pharah for any length of time in the match. This is problematic for me because Pharah is the hero on which I have both the most playtime and the best win rate. I would understand the logic that the game's systems have concluded that my wins are in spite of me underperforming on Pharah if it weren't for the fact that my win rate on her is at 58% and shows no sign of abating from that number, which would, in combination with the fact that I mostly solo queue, indicate that I'm doing just fine on her.

Here are some numbers. You can verify them yourself pretty easily if you take a gander at my profile on any of the stat-tracking websites (Fugu#1436).

Yesterday, I played six games and went 3-3. For this effort, I lost 36 SR (3708 to 3672). I played all of these games as Pharah, with some time on Ana in at least one of them. Maybe there was a big SR difference between the teams -- fine. There wasn't, but it's at least plausible that decay/hidden MMR played into that result.

On Tuesday, I played 27 games broken into two segments. During the first segment, I duoed with a friend and went 6-10. The net loss there was about 110 SR for me and 45 for my friend. I started at 3911 and finished at 3802; she started at 3982 and finished at 3937. A couple of relevant points here are that my season win rate is better than my friend's and that my placement was also much lower; my current number is a climb from around 2450 whereas she was placed in the 3400 range. I'm not sure how either of those details play into the result, but they're the only factors I can think of.

The stranger part is the second segment of my Tuesday games where I went 5-6. Although this is still a win rate below 50%, that does not account for the fact that I dropped another 100 SR over the course of those games for a daily record of 11-16 and a net loss of 203 SR for the day (3911 to 3708).

The problem as I see it is that the win rate that I need to achieve to even maintain my current SR is unrealistically high. Just taking yesterday's games as an example, for me to recover my SR after the 3-3 result would take at least two wins -- I've been charting my average gains for awhile and I notice that with win streak factored in I get an average of about 19 per game -- and only after the third would I be up any SR.

5-3 -- a win rate of 62.5% -- necessary to maintain a rating? Given that I mostly solo queue and I'm playing in the master range it is very unlikely that I will be able to consistently achieve a win rate that high.

I'd really like to know why this is happening to me. My aforementioned duo queue friend with the lower win rate tends to see a small SR gain when she finishes with a 50% win rate, suggesting that the win rate required to maintain her SR is just below 50%. Why is mine 62.5%? It has been this way for a little while, although it's getting worse now; I've repeatedly been turfed back to diamond and then gone on a ridiculous tear to recover my lost SR due to my SR being too low. Indeed, the reason I was at 3911 on Tuesday in the first place is because I had lost something like two games out of the last twenty.

It's seriously impacting my enjoyment of competitive and I'd appreciate an explanation, if not a solution.

Thanks.

Jellie

Getting ready to quit because of the SR system. I've posted in this thread about this many times but it continues to get more egregious. I made a bug report about it on the battle.net forums because it is seriously impacting my enjoyment of the game:

Probably cos game thinks your SR is too high compared to the hidden MMR so you don't gain as much.

DOWN

Banned
How do y'all feel about the longevity this game has? Do you feel pleased by how much you can come back to it or no?

I've been so surprised at how much I like to just pick it up and play a match or two whenever I get the time

antitrop

I'm around the same SR as Fugu with about the same win rate (3950, 60% WR) and don't have that problem with SR gains and losses, so it definitely seems like it's screwing you. :(

Im almost certain that it's because the game can't believe that you have climbed 1500 points in the season.

if someone who was at 3500 drops to 2500 they will gain a ton of SR. The opposite will happen to you. I think as you 'prove' to the system that you belong there it will get easier.

Not saying it's right or true, but that's my best bet at an explanation.

Although you have climbed an insane amount in one season. You should be proud.

But I did the same thing, I went from 3000 to 3900 in the span of weeks, and my SR gains seem balanced to me. It doesn't feel like it's trying to pull me back to Diamond.

Im almost certain that it's because the game can't believe that you have climbed 1500 points in the season.

if someone who was at 3500 drops to 2500 they will gain a ton of SR. The opposite will happen to you. I think as you 'prove' to the system that you belong there it will get easier.

pizzacat

Banned

im going through the same thing as the other user and like this is some fucked up harry potter deciding hat bullshit I'm reading right now if its an actual thing thats implemented

I had lost 39 pts as underdog to gain 32 in a rein game (as underdogs again) with like 12 shatter kills and 20k dmg blocked

every season the game hat screams LOW PLAT when I place but I go to diamond anyway and this season I'm hundred away from masters but it keeps denying me with giving me these people who throw on command

I just play 9 games of 1v1 to get my weekly boxes. That mode really shows who knows more characters (spoiler: most have a small hero pool). I'm on something like a 50 game 1v1 win streak lol.

Anne

In case anybody missed it, Lunatic Hai's coach was talking abotu the KDP vs Rogue match.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv...natic_hai_coach_rewatches_rogue_vs_kdp_gives/

Most interesting things metawise is that Korea thinks Sombra is broke on 2CP (I kinda sorta agree), and that the weird Widow/Mercy thing is supposedly more common in Korean scrims.

The big talking point is how he thinks Western teams find the "new meta" first, but Korean teams come up with new adaptations and counters to those comps faster.

Geneijin

Probably cos game thinks your SR is too high compared to the hidden MMR so you don't gain as much.
That, and if you go on any lose streak, is more impactful than the same win streak frankly. It's how I lost like 400 SR in 1 day despite maintaining a 50% win rate overall.

What is solo queue?

Girbraltar, Enemy runs a Winston Orisa Rein barrier cancer that absolutely destroyed us. They have 3 min remaining. (One dude on mic)

We are getting destroyed on offense. I go off second support and go DVa we now have one healer and yet we don't lose another fight. We capped with 1:30 left. (Another dude got on mic)

Overtime,
Decent offense, almost to first point.

(Another dude on mic)
New guy suggests we go cancer as fuck
Rein
Mercy
Torb
Bastion
Symm (me)
Soldier

We held somewhat easily. That was the most improbable win of my life. I never thought we had a chance after the first round. And our offensive comp made no sense at all.

Funny that I wasn't even on mic for this game, It's charging. I would've been dishing out some major props at the end. But I also probably would've said that the offense comp was shit and we should change, and if we had....

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
What is solo queue?

Girbraltar, Enemy runs a Winston Orisa Rein barrier cancer that absolutely destroyed us. They have 3 min remaining. (One dude on mic)

We are getting destroyed on offense. I go off second support and go DVa we now have one healer and yet we don't lose another fight. We capped with 1:30 left. (Another dude got on mic)

Overtime,
Decent offense, almost to first point.

(Another dude on mic)
New guy suggests we go cancer as fuck
Rein
Mercy
Torb
Bastion
Symm (me)
Soldier

We held somewhat easily. That was the most improbable win of my life. I never thought we had a chance after the first round. And our offensive comp made no sense at all.

Funny that I wasn't even on mic for this game, It's charging. I would've been dishing out some major props at the end. But I also probably would've said that the offense comp was shit and we should change, and if we had....

If they go a team like that. Pocketed Bastion will melt it always. With Orisa, Winston, and Rein. It's going to be a slow, low damage team. Where the Mercy, Rein, and Bastion combo has nothing to worry about with those three.

LiK

What is solo queue?

No Junk or Pharah for barriers?

Fugu

I'm around the same SR as Fugu with about the same win rate (3950, 60% WR) and don't have that problem with SR gains and losses, so it definitely seems like it's screwing you. :(

But I did the same thing, I went from 3000 to 3900 in the span of weeks, and my SR gains seem balanced to me. It doesn't feel like it's trying to pull me back to Diamond.
I was getting slingshotted between 3300 and 3600 for awhile until I got to the high end of master. Now I get bounced around between 3900 and 3600 because I don't belong at 3600 but the climbing gets so slow at 3900 that I have to maintain ridiculous win rates to keep going up.

Right so Vault's best guess is my best guess, but Like Antitrop said a lot of people who have climbed a lot don't have this problem.

I cap out just above 3900, drop a bunch, and then come back up, because it becomes impossible for me to maintain the necessary win rate at 3900 but it's relatively easy for me to get there.

When my friend and I play, she'll start at a lower SR than me and invariably end up above me. The last time we started at the same number she finished with 100SR more than I did.

Nimby

Banned

Thanks. Turns out Roolf actually streams quite regularly, one of the best Zens in the West, frequently outplays pro DPS players too.

First meta report that Rein is in D tier? And Zarya? Not that I mind, dive comp is much more interesting than shield wars. If you just look at Korean picks, Widow and Sombra are higher, Sombra goes up a whole tier.

catspit

If I am just playing for fun, is solo q with no mic alright? Do a lot of people leave the game halfway through if losing? (On PS4) or should I just stick with quick play, cap the flag etc?

JHall

Thanks. Turns out Roolf actually streams quite regularly, one of the best Zens in the West, frequently outplays pro DPS players too.

First meta report that Rein is in D tier? And Zarya? Not that I mind, dive comp is much more interesting than shield wars. If you just look at Korean picks, Widow and Sombra are higher, Sombra goes up a whole tier.

But but but... DVA is unplayable.

Jellie

Sure, but why? I have a good win rate. My win rate is better in master than it was in diamond.

How many games you guys played this season? Your SR might be more stable since it has more data to use or something similar? You have to raise your hidden mmr to keep yourself there.

This reminds me I was gunna try making an official PC Inhouse banner, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

I think anne said she has a friend who can make one? Would be good to have options though.

antitrop

How many games you guys played this season? Your SR might be more stable since it has more data to use or something similar? You have to raise your hidden mmr to keep yourself there.

I've played 117 games this season.

Fugu has played 604.

If anything, theirs should be more stable.

Top Bottom