• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Nimby

Banned
I reaaallly hate that Sombra EMP takes away shields. Zen has a grand total of 50 health after an EMP, kinda unfair to Sym as well. Additional shields fine, shield regen I could see, shield HP is a no go.

Roubjon

I reaaallly hate that Sombra EMP takes away shields. Zen has a grand total of 50 health after an EMP, kinda unfair to Sym as well. Additional shields fine, shield regen I could see, shield HP is a no go.

I didn't even know this. Time to kill a bunch of Zenyattas.

komaruR

Jeez Owzers, heal your team
Makvu8L.png

I'mma dps at heart!

Where is Buttchins? Did he give up OW?

he's in mainland

Fugu

I've played 117 games this season.

Fugu has played 604.

If anything, theirs should be more stable.
The issue isn't even stability, since an unstable rating would move a lot in both directions. I lose a lot when I lose but gain very little when I win.

The worst experience in this game is playing against a really good Widowmaker.

It's like a horror movie just moving around the map.

I played an insane Top 500 Widow the other night. She had to have been a Mouse/Keyboard player because she was getting constant headshots on a level I have never seen before.

The sad part is she was carrying their team, but they still lost horribly because we just started avoiding her and had a Winston or D.Va on her 24/7 while Rein just kept his shield up on our healers.

I played an insane Top 500 Widow the other night. She had to have been a Mouse/Keyboard player because she was getting constant headshots on a level I have never seen before.

The sad part is she was carrying their team, but they still lost horribly because we just started avoiding her and had a Winston or D.Va on her 24/7 while Rein just kept his shield up on our healers.

Same thing here, we even had our Rein switch to Winston to try and counter.

Only difference between our stories is their team still ended up winning because we pulled a Cloud 9 and left the point in overtime because of a D.Va ultimate and I couldn't blink back on in time :(

It was even the same map the meme originated on, we played on Volskaya!

Yeah, currently learning Zen and that was a real rough lesson to learn lol

That feel when you get an awesome team on an awesome map and you are all hyped up to start, and some asshole on the enemy team quits immediately and causes the match to cancel, then you get requeue'd on Capture with a shit team.........

This is my life.

Also Roadhog low skill? I think Reaper or Junkrat would take the title of low skill.

That feel when you get an awesome team on an awesome map and you are all hyped up to start, and some asshole on the enemy team quits immediately and causes the match to cancel, then you get requeue'd on Capture with a shit team.........

This is my life.
This is why whenever a match cancels for me, I go play a QP game or two before going back in. 9 times out of 10, I get matched with an unorganized team and we lose which leads me to believe that canceled game would've been a win. Match being canceled = break time for me.

Aomber

The matchmaking in arcade can be pretty lax since it's a lower populated fuck around mode.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm probably gonna have to pass on Arcade for a while as a result. Wanted the extra loot boxes but I'm just way lower level than everyone I get matched with, feels kinda bad to be playing with people who have way more experience with the game

Shredderi

The matchmaking is doing it again! It's decided that my winratio or SR is too good and is throwing me a bunch of impossible, non-winnable roflstomps to forcefully get it down :/ I think blizzard calls it "trying to find fair matches" but it's not very fair when you get seven matches where you had no chance in hell. Couldn't it implement this more gradually? I feel like it just throws me these stompfests in big bulks and they hurt mang. I could take it if was "one normal match, one stomp match, one normal." but it's really taking a toll on me to suffer through a gauntlet of these. It happens everytime I've had a somewhat normal 10 matches.

Same shit just happened again. Steamrolled first point, someone rage quits, match cancels.

There really needs to be a bigger penalty or something for doing this.

And yeah, I have definitely had some of those stompfest nights before. Literally working my A++ game and still my team gets steamrolled because of either trolling, poor cooperation, or just bad team comp in general and it seems to happen all night basically. I have learned to just give up on those nights, especially weekends. I have tanked my SR hard before (Like 500+ points hard, luckily I always regain them)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The matchmaking is doing it again! It's decided that my winratio or SR is too good and is throwing me a bunch of impossible, non-winnable roflstomps to forcefully get it down :/ I think blizzard calls it "trying to find fair matches" but it's not very fair when you get seven matches where you had no chance in hell. Couldn't it implement this more gradually? I feel like it just throws me these stompfests in big bulks and they hurt mang. I could take it if was "one normal match, one stomp match, one normal." but it's really taking a toll on me to suffer through a gauntlet of these. It happens everytime I've had a somewhat normal 10 matches.

I think you're overestimating the power of matchmaking. All it can do is throw out guesses as to who you should be paired against. You aren't playing against bots that Blizzard can precisely turn up the difficulty knob on. It does feel dumb sometimes but IMO most of (solo queue) competitive feels like a dice roll in terms of whether or not you are on the obviously better team or not.

Shredderi

Same shit just happened again. Steamrolled first point, someone rage quits, match cancels.

There really needs to be a bigger penalty or something for doing this.

And yeah, I have definitely had some of those stompfest nights before. Literally working my A++ game and still my team gets steamrolled because of either trolling, poor cooperation, or just bad team comp in general and it seems to happen all night basically. I have learned to just give up on those nights, especially weekends. I have tanked my SR hard before (Like 500+ points hard, luckily I always regain them)

Oh man that's brutal. I hate when that happens in comp. Yeah the reasonable thing to do is just disconnect from the game at a time like this. The game is gonna fuck me over for the rest of the night for sure. I just wish the game realized that I'm trash and would pin me against other trash and not periodically test me by putting me against non-trash. I swear, I'm not getting better, no need to put me to test once in a while. Just keep me with the other trash for all eternity pleaase ;_;

I think you're overestimating the power of matchmaking. All it can do is throw out guesses as to who you should be paired against. You aren't playing against bots that Blizzard can precisely turn up the difficulty knob on.

I get what you're saying but it feels like it's the other way around: the matchmaking is overestimating my power in the game x'D

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I wonder if it's not feasbile to judge people who solo queue based on individual performance rather than win / loss.

It might be a bad idea but at the same time, if the game is apparently keeping track of your performance with its 'hidden MMR' it shouldn't be impossible. Especially if it is able to track your performance while placing you in games it expects you to lose.

Yeah, looks like the weekend no match rule is back on. Lost all my games today, last one just turned into a salt/insult fest among our team and me just leaving the team chat.

How is your luck so bad? You should stream, it sounds entertaining.

My luck is either good or bad, there is no neutral for me. Just check my stats lol, its a literal rollercoaster of SR.

And I hate streaming, people watching me makes me more awkward and stressed out.

The theme this season has been "start team fight with two picks and still lose"

How can everyone be in chat and we still go different directions every time on KOTH? When Lucio says hes' going somewhere, tell him he's wrong or go with.

How can everyone be in chat and we still go different directions every time on KOTH? When Lucio says hes' going somewhere, tell him he's wrong or go with.

Reinhardt: "EVERYBODY GROUP UP!"
Soldier: "I'm just gonna peek to build some ulti-----*dies*"
McCree: "Their healer is overextended, I'm just gonna try to----*dies*

Repeat ad infinitum until match ends and you have reached maximum tilt

Gorillaz

Did a few duo and triple queues with my boy in gold and jesus christ. That really is a black hole.

Your almost better off starting a alt and trying again

liezryou

Yeah, looks like the weekend no match rule is back on. Lost all my games today, last one just turned into a salt/insult fest among our team and me just leaving the team chat.

No fucking kidding. Just had three of the most annoying games. 1st one we defend 3rd point strong with a few seconds left and then 3/4 people in our 4 stack leave when we attack.... gg i guess. Second game there are these fucking two 14 year old awkward anime virgins who do nothing but spam idiotic yes no blah blah on team chat while putting symmetra teleporters off cliffs. 3rd game... FUCK OFF THOSE 2 IDIOTS AGAIN.

I'm done with this game.

Let's go jump pad.

Winston that was on chat goes right lmao

Awful games today, even the ones we won. It's been the usual at this hour so I assume it's not the best time to play. I'm really not feeling it playing support lately, especially on koth.

At least today wasn't like yesterday when we should have stopped way before than we did. Hopefully the games later at night will be better.

Soldier: "I'm just gonna peek to build some ulti-----*dies*"
McCree: "Their healer is overextended, I'm just gonna try to----*dies*

Repeat ad infinitum until match ends and you have reached maximum tilt

Just reading this triggers me. So true.

Let's go jump pad.

Winston that was on chat goes right lmao

Awful games today, even the ones we won. It's been the usual at this hour so I assume it's not the best time to play. I'm really not feeling it playing support lately, especially on koth.

At least today wasn't like yesterday when we should have stopped way before than we did. Hopefully the games later at night will be better.

Just reading this triggers me. So true.
You should start instalocking non support. I liked your Ana round but we also lost to solo Zen healer. Not sure what the hell happened there.

Top Bottom