• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Gurrry

I was watching a few OW videos on youtube, and im sorry if this is offtopic a tad, but ever since I got the "new" youtube, comments never load up for me.

Now this is probably a blessing since most youtube comments are straight garbage, but does anyone know why or how I can fix this?

JHall

She was 2300 S2 and 2400 S3. Only plays Mercy.

I'm a boosted Mercy main too, but at least I'm not a 1-trick and I actually get my Rez's off.

I know you've put in the time to get better, I don't consider you boosted. Players like the one you described are the "boosted" ones. They still play like they're in gold, have horrible positioning, never use their ult correctly, etc.

It's amazing how one little buff can make players rise further than they belong.

I like Sombra's weapon against tanks, but the ttk against smaller heroes is kinda of insane. Too much spread.

Haven't spent that much time with her though, I find her hard to play compared to the other attack characters.

ND I just had to kill a many legged creature on my wall and I blame you.

They are out there lol

I just don't want the bugs to lay eggs on PS4 o_o

ND for Prez. I don't trust Americans with running America anymore. Especially a Symmetra main.

You gonna get a torb main instead, hope you guys are fine with that :p

catspit

haven't played OW for a long time.. just getting back into it.. fun as hell still.. it is however very easy to tell in my opinion when there is a KB/M user on the PS4 and when there is just a good controller user... wish they could control that somehow.

N7.Angel

Weekend Overwatch...
I was prepared for trouble, but not for this!

lost 200 SR already, fucking trolling and shit but it's when I can play the game the most, seriously, people on diamond that still don't know how to counter a pick or make a good team composition have nothing to do in that rank.

rulerk1

It's fine as in she is a viable character.

Timeline:
I say I don't like Sombra very much because of her gun, which is a perfectly fine opinion to have

I admittedley start shit with the spitball analogy but it was seriously jarring to see "Sombra hits so hard" so I made a joke.

Then you guys say that the gun is amazing and it's me sucking, so I have to push back.

Then you say go compare it to other DPS, which is when I really got confused. (This is the point that you three seem to have completely dropped, so we're good I guess)

She doesn't do as much damage as her counterparts. And I don't enjoy playing her very much because of her gun. Nothing has changed.

what is this....

let me show you the way

N7.Angel

Summer is right around the corner too. It will be Weekend Overwatch for a good 2-3 month stretch.

Prepare yourselves.

crying-gifs-10112013-09.gif

XxCGSxX

Solo competitive sucks, I was almost 2,600 again and I got matched up with the same kid trolling with music on the mic full blast and I'm back at 2,496. Is it possible to reach diamond solo? I consider myself an above average dva, pharah, zen, reaper, but I'm struggling so hard getting paired up with trollers and people who just go alone after respawning instead of grouping up. Any tips? :'(

Paltheos

Solo competitive sucks, I was almost 2,600 again and I got matched up with the same kid trolling with music on the mic full blast and I'm back at 2,496. Is it possible to reach diamond solo? I consider myself an above average dva, pharah, zen, reaper, but I'm struggling so hard getting paired up with trollers and people who just go alone after respawning instead of grouping up. Any tips? :'(

I just climbed from 29xx to 3205 this morning on an (ongoing) win streak, solo queue. A couple seasons ago I'd have never made it out of mid Platinum. Some games there's nothing you can do anything about, but if you're playing allot and you're not climbing, it's on you.

My accuracy's... kinda still butt, but I'm becoming much better at situational awareness, identifying weaknesses on my opponents' teams, feeling out which of my picks are strongest on certain maps and how to adapt my choices based off my team's. You've gotta grind it out. People bitch all the time in the OW OT about how the matchmaking's unfair. It's really not.

ohkay

Def doable. I solo queued my way to diamond on both of my accounts this season after being in plat for the past 2 seasons

1500 gravitational orbit is pulling me hard, I am downing to 1700 , jeez
Damn. Gotta know when to put the breaks on when losing too much. You can make it back up.

Definitely possible. I hit Diamond in Season 3 doing solo q and got back in it this season mostly solo as well (though I did find a group to q with on occasion). What roles do you play?

HiiiLife

Why do you pick widowmaker when you're not good with widowmkaer. Holy shit. You are not good. Changing to sombra with 10 seconds left when you realize holy shit I'm not doing a damn thing is hilarious. No picks. No ults. Just feeding. Useless ult anyway

Anne

I maintain GM and I only play soloq. Get a hero pool with some more high impact heroes and get good enough to exploit enemy team problems with them.

Why do you pick widowmaker when you're not good with widowmkaer. Holy shit. You are not good. Changing to sombra with 10 seconds left when you realize holy shit I'm not doing a damn thing is hilarious. No picks. No ults. Just feeding. Useless ult anyway

I think Widowmaker's ult could use a small buff, but it's not useless - Roadhog adores it. <3

It's the main reason why I stopped complaining about Hanzo players. As long as they give me vision, I can help pick up for their slack. =)

HiiiLife

I think Widowmaker's ult could use a small buff, but it's not useless - Roadhog adores it. <3

It's the main reason why I stopped complaining about Hanzo players. As long as they give me vision, I can help pick up for their slack. =)

I guess it's just me then but I've had no trouble being able to hear footsteps or getting the general idea of where enemies are coming from.

Anne

I guess it's just me then but I've had no trouble being able to hear footsteps or getting the general idea of where enemies are coming from.

Her ult is insane because you can track people all the way from spawn. If you can land a shot they literally can't peak because they can't know what angle you're holding.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Her ult is insane because you can track people all the way from spawn. If you can land a shot they literally can't peak because they can't know what angle you're holding.

Ult is what, 10 seconds of knowing the entire enemy team's moves. It's a damn fucking good ult. Not even for the Widow, but ambushing, picking off stranglers, finding the sneak, etc.

And it charges quick too.

Chance

Ult is what, 10 seconds of knowing the entire enemy team's moves. It's a damn fucking good ult. Not even for the Widow, but ambushing, picking off stranglers, finding the sneak, etc.

And it charges quick too.

Widow ulting is like free lunch on Tracer. Line up the headshots before you turn the corner. Delicious!

TheYanger

Yeah anyone that thinks Widow's ult isn't good is crazy. When I'm on Zen and Widow ults it's trivial to like, fire off charged headshots on anyone anywhere without them even seeing what's coming etc. Yes, clearly it synergizes with her own kit, but literally your entire team has ways to get crazy picks because of it. Any solo flanker is fucking toast.

More hilarious to see sombra trying to play as a Soldier instead of actually flanking

catspit

How do these placement games work.. never played a season before.. is it based on wins and loses or individual skill?

also.. wth.. if 1 person leaves during the match.. the whole game gets shut down...
;/ waste of time.

(its happened 3x in a row now since I posted this.. maybe 20-30min of wasted time altogether so far)

Jellie

How do these placement games work.. never played a season before.. is it based on wins and loses or individual skill?

also.. wth.. if 1 person leaves during the match.. the whole game gets shut down...
;/ waste of time.

First placements use your QP MMR to start you off and will place you by your skill and how much you win.
If one person leaves before the first minute it shuts down. After one minute and it won't.

catspit

First placements use your QP MMR to start you off and will place you by your skill and how much you win.
If one person leaves before the first minute it shuts down. After one minute and it won't.

is there a way to view your mmr or is that hidden?

HiiiLife

;/ waste of time.

(its happened 3x in a row now since I posted this.. maybe 20-30min of wasted time altogether so far)

Be thankful they left in the first minute. No loss of stats for you. You'll be even more annoyed when they leave a couple minutes after, forcing you to deal with a 5v6. And yes you'll still lose ELO if you quit when he does too.

Competitive Overwatch has lost three more teams today as Fnatic, Dignitas, and LG Loyal are all disbanding.

This is a pretty crazy situation to be honest. Hopefully Overwatch League is soon.

Top Bottom