• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Me and Ned had a pretty good duo.

Longest Dorado game over, we pushed the cart all the way to the end with a minute remaining in overtime.

It was quite a Lucio game:

4MR3nKV.jpg

I have now officially won more than I've lost with Lucio this season, it's been a long road.

100c5d677cc28ea3f154c70d641f655b_meme-crying-gif-crying-gif-meme_620-340.gif

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
That's amazing. lol

Someone really needs to tell me why 50% of the player base are Mercy main.s I mean I don't like her, but I get that people do. But she should just be one more character in the arsenal, just playing this game floating around teamates and holding a beam on them? That's ALL you ever want to do in Overwatch? Why?

It's the easiest character to play I guess.

maomaoIYP

That's amazing. lol

Someone really needs to tell me why 50% of the player base are Mercy main.s I mean I don't like her, but I get that people do. But she should just be one more character in the arsenal, just playing this game floating around teamates and holding a beam on them? That's ALL you ever want to do in Overwatch? Why?

I'm guessing that it's because not everyone has the mechanical skills to play attack heroes, and it's still satisfying to make sure your team stays alive. Lucio, Zen and Ana all require aim.

That's amazing. lol

She requires the least amount of mechanical skill in the game by far, which is why so many people gravitate towards her. The issue is that if you're playing her because you don't have good mechanical skill you likely also don't have good game sense, which is absolutely required to play Mercy (if you're going to play Mercy, and you really shouldn't unless you're doing Pharamercy). That's why so many Mercy mains still manage to die with Ult; they have no idea what they're doing and how to position themselves.

I had a Mercy main say to me "Well then why don't YOU fucking play Mercy then?" after I complained that she didn't revive us one time on a 6 min Hanamura defense despite having her ult two minutes into it. I said "Alright, sure.", picked Mercy and managed to get off 3 revives without dying once. She instalocked Mercy on the next phase of the match and left the voice chat lmao.

Azoor

That's amazing. lol

1. People tend not pick a healer and thus some eventually switch to her.

2. Doesn't require twitch shooting skills.

ramyeon

Man, Overwatch really needs more maps for 3v3. It's one of my favorite modes thanks to how quick the games are but playing Antarctica over and over again gets old quick.

NeoRaider

Longest Dorado game over, we pushed the cart all the way to the end with a minute remaining in overtime.

I have now officially won more than I've lost with Lucio this season, it's been a long road.

What kind of slayage is this?? o_O

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
That's amazing. lol

Easiest character to play.
Easiest character to play while being effective, in turn making it easier to raise in rank.

Becomes a Crutch for a lot of players, who effectively are getting exposed.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Too many torb mains and people-that-cant-look-up-at-pharahs on console comp. I've become a dedicated game thrower.

Get less salty if I'm not actually putting effort in while teamed up with awful players.

Dude, you have no idea how much we want and we need Lucio players. We keep on getting Mercy+Zen in every damn match on PC on 2.7-2.8k SR matches. It is just ridiculous, especially when we dive and we Mercy without Pharah, and when we do go Pharah with dive, Mercy doesn't pocket the Pharah.

I can count so many situations where Ana+Lucio (obviously the superior supports) could have been much better picks, especially on KoTH and payload maps with chokes where you need speed boost. Sometimes I pick Rein and you simply can't play Rein efficiently without Lucio+Ana+Zarya; that is the optimal comp with Rein. Instead we get friggin' Mercy+Roadhog+Zen, and don't get me started on Roadhog players who won't go Zarya and help with Rein, or go Hog/Mcree when we dive.

Lucio has an insane pickrate at high level matches for a reason. There are a lot of stuff that you can't do without speed boost. If we get a Lucio, it is mostly a suicidal one that thinks he is DSPStanky and goes on crazy flanks; doesn't save barrier to counter visor/dragon blade and mostly has healing on instead of speed boost. Just stay in the backline and give us speed boost; peel for the Ana too.

Man, Overwatch really needs more maps for 3v3. It's one of my favorite modes thanks to how quick the games are but playing Antarctica over and over again gets old quick.

i dont know why they dont just make a few more.

or even close of areas of some of the maps and use those. i guess they need to be symmetrical though.

Have any of the Overwatch events started without something leaking?

I guess technically the lootbox listing counts as a leak, but usually there's been an ad or a comic that showed some of the costumes beforehand.

Owzers

That's amazing. lol

It's fun to zoop around healing, dmg boosting, dodging damage, and occasionally being alive to res. Maybe you need to give it a chance.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The fucking "Yeah" from the random dude slays me in the Mercy's Main Fight

Holy Hell, I would've been laughing so hard if they were in my comms

Gave up on Overwatch for a month+, hoping to come back for Season 5

What the hell is it with Odd # seasons with me, I go and play 1,3 a lot and 2,4 not even once (do placements, get whatever reward), almost need to 1 season to adjust lol

Paltheos

Haha, that's pretty funny. I came here to bitch about the same thing. Maybe my game awareness has gone up, but in Diamond I've been noticing... allot of one-trick Mercys. Every single game I've been in this morning with one I've lost (even if I can only certainly attribute one of the losses to having a Mercy). Today's been bad - Had two one-tricks in the same game, and the one who didn't get Mercy was... not good - 2 to 1 loss ratio on every other hero when I checked after the match. Well, this pretty well offsets the great luck I had last night.

Edit: I thought to myself a few times, "Ya know, I'd be okay with everyone who doesn't have a significant hero pool being grouped together."

Wanna get my weekly boxes, don't wanna play a few hours of shitty game modes with no guaranteed wins

Wanna do the HOTS nexus challenge, don't wanna play HOTS

Wanna get up to plat like all the other seasons, don't feel like playing a lot of OW

The struggle

Top Bottom