• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Fugu

I have a theory and it's that a Mercy that had the Q button being pressed constantly (i.e. would res instantly whenever it became available) would be better than the average Mercy at ressing.

It's incredibly irritating to lose a fight because of a missed opportunity to res.

EDIT: I've recently come to hate, even more than "only takes the big res" Mercy players, the "takes every big res" Mercy players. If there's 50 seconds on the clock and you're on attack, you probably shouldn't res your team that just wiped in a grav.

I have a theory and it's that a Mercy that had the Q button being pressed constantly (i.e. would res instantly whenever it became available) would be better than the average Mercy at ressing.

It's incredibly irritating to lose a fight because of a missed opportunity to res.

EDIT: I've recently come to hate, even more than "only takes the big res" Mercy players, the "takes every big res" Mercy players. If there's 50 seconds on the clock and you're on attack, you probably shouldn't res your team that just wiped in a grav.

the worst is dying right before an ult pops up and getting rezz'd into it and dying again.

It's fun to zoop around healing, dmg boosting, dodging damage, and occasionally being alive to res. Maybe you need to give it a chance.

That I get, what I don't get is people who only stick with her and play nothing else, they are no better than hanzo mains who will never switch to something more accommodating to a team's comp.

antitrop

I wish this season didn't even tease me with the possibility of GM. I would have been happier being at 3600 all season than being like 2 fucking games away from GM with a week left before it ends.

Or people who pop their ult right after an objective was reached - what are you preventing, exactly?

When Mercy dies first on our team I fight it hard not to rage. You have ONE job, and it's to do NOTHING until we all die, and then resurrect the team for round 2. Can you handle doing NOTHING for a bit without dying?

Owzers

No I get it, people like her.

But even you wouldn't want 180 hours as Mercy and less than 1 as anyone else, right?

I like this a lot
If I played that much Mercy I'd probably get worn out and start playing Ana.

Even though I avoid aiming characters there's still enough others in the game where I wouldn't just want to play one character forever, even Mercy.

Plesiades

This deluxe limited edition comes packaged in a beautiful clamshell box with magnetic closure and includes an acetate slipcover featuring the game's most popular hero, Tracer, as well as two portfolios containing a total of three prints chosen by the Overwatch team!

Stop trying to make Tracer happen, Blizzard.

NeoRaider

Playing support in quick play solo-Q. Hmm.

It's basically all i do in last few weeks. Mostly Mercy and Ana. Sometimes Lucio.

It can be really bad with some ppl, like really, really bad. But with good teams i am having great games most of the time. I can't believe how i improved my Mercy. Went from 5-6k per match to 10-11k now.

It's basically all i do in last few weeks. Mostly Mercy and Ana. Sometimes Lucio.

It can be really bad with some ppl, like really, really bad. But with good teams i am having great games most of the time. I can't believe how i improved my Mercy. Went from 5-6k per match to 10-11k now.

I don't play Mercy much unless I have to. And it's so hard to try and keep everyone healed when everyone is running off in their own directions. Or when we're on payload assault and you have rogue dps' trying to rush peoples spawns (looking at you Genji and Tracer)

NeoRaider

I don't play Mercy much unless I have to. And it's so hard to try and keep everyone healed when everyone is running off in their own directions. Or when we're on payload assault and you have rogue dps' trying to rush peoples spawns (looking at you Genji and Tracer)

It's not that hard when you learn her good.
You have to "cycle" between your teammates and never have one teammate with less than 50h. Don't focus on one hero and try to heal him to 100%. Also if you have another healer in your team don't ignore him, heal him.

Ppl that are who knows where and are spamming: "I need healing" are the worst. They just don't get it that you can't reach them. And i am really moving around a lot. If i see Widow or Genji far away from me i will give my best to try to reach and heal them but some ppl are just... ugh.

Also other players like Tracer, Genji, Sombra... are usually focusing you A LOT. And that's like... the worst thing about playing Mercy. You usually are number 1 target but thanks god i learned how to make it hard for them to kill me.

antitrop

I should have played a bunch of games on Thursday so I wouldn't have to play Weekend Competitive in order not to decay.

We had people in placements on our team. It's like a week away from the end of the season...

KiraFA37

You have to quit a lot of games for it to give a shit. There's a percentage threshold of completed vs uncompleted games you have to cross before it slaps you with the XP penalty.

Well if leave every game with 5dps or Widow and Hanzo you will reach that threshold very quick.

You have to quit a lot of games for it to give a shit. There's a percentage threshold of completed vs uncompleted games you have to cross before it slaps you with the XP penalty.

So it wants to incentivize people to throw games instead? I'd rather have someone quit then have asshole Meis ice walling me all day.

Cappa

Banned
ND/batman I had to leave because for some reason my PS4 is stuck going right. I tried 3 different controllers and for some reason it just scrolls right the entire time. Like its stuck.... no idea because its not just the controller. Im stuck on PS4 home screen right now

Edit: weird restarting the PS4 worked probably got banned and lost sr lol

Well if leave every game with 5dps or Widow and Hanzo you will reach that threshold very quick.

Yep. This is me. Last game I was in I had a team of 3 SITTING outside the spawn. A couple of games before that I had Mei jumping to her death. But Blizzard doesn't want me to quit, it wants me to be a team player.

I understand why it exists in competitive, and I support it. But qp is a cesspool that quickly gets refilled.

KiraFA37

C8f3o3l.png

STARTING IN 10 MINUTES. Quote to reveal discord link.

Fugu

I wish this season didn't even tease me with the possibility of GM. I would have been happier being at 3600 all season than being like 2 fucking games away from GM with a week left before it ends.
This is my life. Despite my SR oddities I breezed through master and have come a few games from GM a few times.

...However, because of my SR oddities my duo queue partner got GM and I didn't.

Nimby

Banned
Damn zen and his years of mindful meditation creating a well exercised ego capable of being sniped from outside his actual head.

What's even funnier is that this doesn't account for projectiles. Hanzo's cursor could be farther off and still get a headshot on Zen.

That was such a weird stack. Every game felt like a steam roll in either direction and I think we lost every one of the few 50/50 games (66, Dorado, Hanamura)

I was far from playing my best today :/

Top Bottom