• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

My positioning was pretty atrocious those last few games, sorry ps4 GAF!

It's fine, you did great as pharah in those koth.

That last game was rough, felt sorry for batman playing rein, he had absolutely no support there. I would've tilted lol

Edit: Owzers is only on now, he could've been the mercy main we needed when we had sym, missed opportunity there.

It's fine, you did great as pharah in those koth.

That last game was rough, felt sorry for batman playing rein, he had absolutely no support there. I would've tilted lol
The Zen games I keep screwing myself over chasing the finish on certain kills, like right at the start of Gibraltar I had the roadhog down to 5% and without hook, I peek down the stairs to try to kill him and get hit by a helix or something. Similar on Route 66 where I get someone low, dropped down to try to get eyes on them and leave myself defenceless.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
CHwxf73.jpg

>multiple attack on titan

Are custom games fun

Blues1990

I've been watching 'Mad Max: Fury Road' again, and I would kill for a Blizzard-interpretation of that world with JunkerTown being the focus of a future event, in addition to explore Junkrat and Roadhog's backstory (and Junk's treasure vault).

Given that most of the showcase for Overwatch's idealistic future as been overall a positive one, showcasing the societal collapse of the Australian outback would be a fun contrast. At the very least, Ana & D.Va's JunkerTown-themed skins would be interesting to see expanded, as Junkrat mentioned he is deathly afraid of snipers and with Ana being a bounty hunter for a time, it would be hilarious if Junkrat's fear stemmed from her hunting him down and leading up to hiring Roadhog as his personal bodyguard.

Yeah, can't say I'll be showing up for one of those in-house things again. People were just sighing into their mics, tilting and even some yelling at the end there. It's just not what I showed up for so forget it. Good games regardless, though. You got a mean Genji, DevilDog.

The Zen games I keep screwing myself over chasing the finish on certain kills, like right at the start of Gibraltar I had the roadhog down to 5% and without hook, I peek down the stairs to try to kill him and get hit by a helix or something. Similar on Route 66 where I get someone low, dropped down to try to get eyes on them and leave myself defenceless.

I saw that on gibraltar, d.va was right behind you, don't know if she was out of dm but if she wasn't she could have protected you instead of trying to kill him too.

Can't remember the last gibraltar game where the whole team made it back to the corner near the first checkpoint alive, it's steamroll after steamroll which is a shame because that point is actually very good to defend.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Yeah, can't say I'll be showing up for one of those in-house things again. People were just sighing into their mics, tilting and even some yelling at the end there. It's just not what I showed up for so forget it. Good games regardless, though. You got a mean Genji, DevilDog.

Sounds entertaining, someone post vods pls

Sounds entertaining, someone post vods pls

I think Komaru was recording again, and since he was on my team all three games it'll more than likely be in his rebroadcasts lol.

I'm not even upset that we lost because it's just for fun games and the people on the other team were genuinely great players (fuck whoever was playing Orisa lmao). It's just a drag when people don't communicate and then turn on their mic literally to just sigh into it haha.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
How was the third one wasted?

Well by default it would have been of questionable necessity just to catch that Hanzo and Zarya, since the Reinhardt was on the other side of the payload. No idea why that Lucio decided he wanted to hop in and die as well though, so I guess that was worth it.

Consoleplay.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XOb7EnCUBE

this garbage ass zarya is enough for me to climb back into diamond lol. 3 ults in 3 minutes, all wasted. someone help break shields pls.

??

In the first you forced lucio ult, you were down two and off the point so probably not ideal but still got something out of it. The third one was pretty good after you got the mercy.

Sometimes getting only two is more than enough to win a team fight, especially if they are the supports. What sucks is when you grav only a couple that are easy kills and then your team proceeds to use every single ult in the game lol, happened me a couple of times in the past and I immediately regret using grav.

Good stuff getting the ult that fast, you were always really high energy raining nukes on them :)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
??

In the first you forced lucio ult, you were down two and off the point so probably not ideal but still got something out of it. The third one was pretty good after you got the mercy.

Sometimes getting only two is more than enough to win a team fight, especially if they are the supports. What sucks is when you grav only a couple that are easy kills and then your team proceeds to use every single ult in the game lol, happened me a couple of times in the past and I immediately regret using grav.

Good stuff getting the ult that fast, you were always really high energy raining nukes on them :)

Yeah I've no issue with getting a few kills with an ult. For some reason people who clearly have hundreds of hours logged still are hesitant to use them unless it is for a team kill potg opportunity or whatever, so they hear an ult pop then just activate theirs as well.

Ramirez

I've hit a point where I have so many hours logged with basically every viable character that I just look at the character select screen kinda bored, heh. I did enjoy playing Winston today, I usually just get smoked over and over when I use him.

Yeah I've no issue with getting a few kills with an ult. For some reason people who clearly have hundreds of hours logged still are hesitant to use them unless it is for a team kill potg opportunity or whatever, so they hear an ult pop then just activate theirs as well.

Yeah and that opportunity might never happen and they will hold on their ults during the whole game, it sucks.

I've hit a point where I have so many hours logged with basically every viable character that I just look at the character select screen kinda bored, heh. I did enjoy playing Winston today, I usually just get smoked over and over when I use him.

Had fun following you around as zen on oasis keeping the orb on you and discording your targets. They were ignoring me the whole time focusing only on you giving me free kills, I'll take it.

Shame about the torb thrower.

I can't make past 3250.

If I heal, I get great rezzes, but the team just can't close out.
If I dps, our healers are terrible and continuously die with utls.

Blu(e)

What drama? Some people got tilted, came together and talked about it after the in-house was over so it doesn't happen again and now it's done with. There is no drama.

My mistake then. You ended up arguing with someone and ended up leaving. Don't know if you left because that was your last game or the tilting.

My mistake then. You ended up arguing with someone and ended up leaving. Don't know if you left because that was your last game or the tilting.

Things got pretty heated after the King's Row match and I said fuck it because I was being yelled at and then I left. The person messaged me after it was done, apologized and then we talked about how to better communicate for next time. :) I just couldn't understand why people were taking the games so seriously but looking back it is honestly kind of lame when only a few people are trying to work together and there's no game plan/strategy. I don't think we can make a "must have a mic" rule because it goes against the spirit of what the games are supposed to be about but we can at least try to spread no mic players evenly across teams in the future.

Things got pretty heated after the King's Row match and I said fuck it because I was being yelled at and then I left. The person messaged me after it was done, apologized and then we talked about how to better communicate for next time. :) I just couldn't understand why people were taking the games so seriously but looking back it is honestly kind of lame when only a few people are trying to work together and there's no game plan/strategy. I don't think we can make a "must have a mic" rule because it goes against the spirit of what the games are supposed to be about but we can at least try to spread no mic players evenly across teams in the future.

Yea. We kind of had to do the same on PS4 In House.

Teams that are dead quiet aren't the best... you need at least a couple of people communicating.

Blu(e)

We had people with mics but no one was talking. Oh well.

My mic wasn't working but I tried doing as many group EMPs as I could and pushed in with the group. Our team would just scatter though.

Hopefully next time is better and hopefully the tilting won't push you away from playing again next week.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What in the fuck, I am in awe.
I can't even build charge for the life of me, not to mention 3 gravs in 3 minutes.

I think lower SR games are easiest to solo queue as as Zarya because of how readily people will feed you energy while simultaneously never being aggressive enough to kill you.

That's why if I'm support or something and our team keeps feeding an enemy Zarya I'll just counter intuitively go Junkrat or something to burst her down since everyone else is too apprehensive to kill or ever break her shields.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
are they ever going to make it so mercy doenst have ult every.single.team.fight?

i dont care if they buff her elsewhere, it's just insane how quickly she can charge her ult compared to every other hero sans hog

AbaFadi

Banned
I haven't had a chance to participate in any of the in-house events but I'm reading how sometimes there are people tilting in them. I feel like these are the type of games you should be enjoying for fun and not having to get mad. It's not like you have your rank on the line.

LiK

I haven't had a chance to participate in any of the in-house events but I'm reading how sometimes there are people tilting in them. I feel like these are the type of games you should be enjoying for fun and not having to get mad. It's not like you have your rank on the line.

I was about to post something similar. Why tilt in in-house? It's more about practice and having fun.

This is exactly what I've been wondering for the past two in-houses now. Both times people have got upset and it's like... these are for fun community games and you're tilting why?

Jblanks

I think lower SR games are easiest to solo queue as as Zarya because of how readily people will feed you energy while simultaneously never being aggressive enough to kill you.

That's why if I'm support or something and our team keeps feeding an enemy Zarya I'll just counter intuitively go Junkrat or something to burst her down since everyone else is too apprehensive to kill or ever break her shields.
As a Zarya 'main' a Junkrat on the other team is my best friend.

komaruR

You were going off as Zen though, you're honestly really good at Support. Why don't you play Competitive ever? I looked at your career profile and you just played S1 from what I saw.
not much in mood to solo comp. was playing on the ps4 crew for a bit but kinda got fatigue.
im not really a support. im a dps in disguise :p

yea. too bad u still got a deadeye off lol

I think next in-house I'm just going to fill as best as I can regardless of if I'm shit at the hero or not. The point is to practice so I shouldn't just insta-lock DPS.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mei honestly seems like a character that was designed to counter Tracer/Lucio and then the game actually launched and it was like Blizz forgot

Mei honestly seems like a character that was designed to counter Tracer/Lucio and then the game actually launched and it was like Blizz forgot

I think it'd be cool if they made her freeze targets faster, with the trade off of less right click damage or something? I feel like she'd be used a lot more then.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I think it'd be cool if they made her freeze targets faster, with the trade off of less right click damage or something? I feel like she'd be used a lot more then.

Isn't the common criticism of Mei "why am I spending time freezing them when I could just kill them faster"?

Freezing them faster and doing less damage might provide the same time to kill as it does currently but that main issue is the same.

Top Bottom