• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Jellie

Trollbjorn is actually pretty good against a dive comp.

He is a beast against a Genji, Tracer, Hanzo or other low hp heroes.
Last week's in house I got 5 kills with him during overtime on numbani with only baby dva and me left. Was hype.

This in house could've been better but I had fun deleting antitrop in the last game at least.

Waiting for leaks like

oprah-hold-me-back.gif

The GOTY edition is a weird one, unless it's digital only. Would be kind of weird to announce a physical version that's coming out next week.

Hey guys, any tips on Lucio? He is my comfort zone and my friends have dragged me back to overwatch. We have been playing competitive and losing alot.

My Ave healing is around 11k with my record being 22k.

I've been trying to stay in the back of the group cause if I don't i get killed extremely quick.

I remapped jump to l1 to make wall grinding easier and also have back grind on as well.

It just feels like I'm missing something about the character.

So any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed, thanks.

Hey guys, any tips on Lucio? He is my comfort zone and my friends have dragged me back to overwatch. We have been playing competitive and losing alot.

My Ave healing is around 11k with my record being 22k.

I've been trying to stay in the back of the group cause if I don't i get killed extremely quick.

I remapped jump to l1 to make wall grinding easier and also have back grind on as well.

It just feels like I'm missing something about the character.

So any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed, thanks.

Lucio shouldn't be the main healer, he should be the guy who keeps everyone topped off at best. Most of the time you'll want to have speed on instead and leave the healing to the healers who are better at it than you (Ana usually, but may be Mercy).

Waiting for leaks like

oprah-hold-me-back.gif

The GOTY edition is a weird one, unless it's digital only. Would be kind of weird to announce a physical version that's coming out next week.

Sounds like GOTY is PC only, since the Origins Edition which is still the only console version includes everything but the few free loot boxes and WoW pet, which is useable only on PC.

If the event isn't tmw I'm going to be bummed.

I'm actually more bummed that it's an event and Blizzard isn't just adding more content to be available normally. At this point if you've played enough to prestige regular loot boxes are pretty pointless.

Also new map soon, please.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Lucio shouldn't be the main healer, he should be the guy who keeps everyone topped off at best. Most of the time you'll want to have speed on instead and leave the healing to the healers who are better at it than you (Ana usually, but may be Mercy).

I don't know, I feel like if the issue is a Pharah, Roadhog, Soldier etc. Then no.

But if the issue is the enemies Genji, Tracer, Winston. I feel like their is no better counter than a healing Lucio.

A lot of people understand how much healing Lucio can do. I like sticking on healing with switches to movement, to largely patrol our group. Ana getting attacked by Genji, go boop him away and save her. Go back to top of Rein and Hog. Soldier needs some help, heal and damage, Their Rein charging? Boop into corner, etc.

If they don't have a unit that can quickly do a lot of damage, then Lucio is more than enough.

Paltheos

I'm expecting next week, tbh.

I'm split on it. 3 weeks is the tradition for event length, but on the other hand this week you get 10 free loot boxes for playing HOTS. If these end up being event boxes, this may further incentivize people to play HOTS, but on the other hand it'll probably undercut Blizzard's bottom-line (as I imagine these events are big sources of revenue for them).

LiK

Do you think it will last two weeks instead of three then since we know it ends on the 5th?

I'm split on it. 3 weeks is the tradition for event length, but on the other hand this week you get 10 free loot boxes for playing HOTS. If these end up being event boxes, this may further incentivize people to play HOTS, but on the other hand it'll probably undercut Blizzard's bottom-line (as I imagine these events are big sources of revenue for them).

Guess we'll know tomorrow. Seems like too many things are going on. I agree that I thought it would start after the HOTS event at least.

When does Blizz usually announce the exact date if an event? Because if it was supposed to start tomorrow, wouldn't they have announced it already?

Next week would make sense because then the 10 free HOTS boxes would just be regular boxes instead of event boxes :))))))

How do we know for sure it ends on the 5th?

So I've been being that guy lately and playing Hanzo in Comp (on PS4).

It's been a magical experience. I try to make the choice as least toxic as possible, but it still end up having a reaction. For instance, I never insta-lock or anything of the sort, and I only pick him if we already have at least 1 tank and 1 healer already.

Despite this, I've been harassed like crazy. But let me tell you the two most interesting stories.

Story 1:

So I'm playing a Comp game on Lijang Tower. I've got a nice group of people, and for the first time ever I have someone ask me to go DPS. I grab Hanzo. We hit 99% but couldn't hold the zone long enough and lost the first point. Guy on my team asks me to switch to something else so I do. I end up playing the second round as Reaper and the Third round as Pharah. We ended up losing all three rounds, but it wasn't a big deal. Everyone admitted to not playing their A game and that we just didn't have good synergy.

No big deal right? WRONG!

Next game loads up on King's Row. 4 people on my team have picked characters so I again try to grab Hanzo on Offense. As soon as I do some guy starts bitching at me, and tells the entire team I'm insta-lock Hanzo trash, so he's throwing with Attack Torb. The team is super confused about why he is tilting before the game even started. He says he knows because he was on the winning team on the Lijang Tower map, and by his analysis I cost the team the game by insta-locking Hanzo (despite only playing him for the first round).

Somehow, despite this guy going full tilt and yelling about his superiority we make it just shy of the final checkpoint. I have Gold Elims, Obj Elim, and Damage, with a Silver for Objective Time. Doesn't matter. He tells me he isn't seeing me up on the kill feed enough so I must be dead weight...

My teammates are literally arguing on my behalf. The only comment I made at all was to say, "If you wanted to ask me to play something else, you could have. I don't know why you're going full tilt as an initial reaction." To punish me... yeah... punish... for defense he insta locks Hanzo to force me to play something else. Which I do, and have no issue with. But he doesn't know how to play Hanzo, admits this, but refuses to switch just because. We lose the match.

If that wasn't enough, one of my teammates from the King's Row match who was defending me more than anyone else get's paired against me for the next match on Gibralter. I'm playing with a cool set of people and they have no issue with me playing Hanzo for attack. I ended up headshotting the guy who was defending my Hanzo choice from the game before 6 times. Everytime I felt so bad about it, but it couldn't be helped. My team won that map very easily.

I'll get into some of my other experiences later but I just realized it's lunch time. So here is one of my PotGs from last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT0_qS_oDMA

Owzers

I want an event tmw...or I will be forced to play other games this week, I can't do another "week before event overwatching "

Yukinari

Im not gonna do the 10 free HoTS loot boxes until its confirmed that the event is starting this week.

I dont have enough credits to buy the items i want and any little bit of extra loot is useful.

From the XBOX Live store page, IIRC.

I expect some leaks today. Somebody's bound to publish a video or ad early.

The leaked thing saying the 5th what throws off everything.

The event starting next week would make a lot more sense (closer to the actual anniversary, no overlap with the Nexus Challenge in HotS, GOTY edition release), but I just don't see Blizzard running an event for two weeks. Also Blizzard usually teases their events a week out.

Maybe if all of the anniversary stuff is permanent instead of limited time. Either way, I just want to know what's up

Dirty Hanzo main stuff

Note to self: send a nice PSN message to any great Hanzos I play with in ranked.

The event starting next week would make a lot more sense (closer to the actual anniversary, no overlap with the Nexus Challenge in HotS, GOTY edition release), but I just don't see Blizzard running an event for two weeks. Also Blizzard usually teases their events a week out.

Maybe if all of the anniversary stuff is permanent instead of limited time. Either way, I just want to know what's up
This is what I thought of, and I'm pessimistic about that actually being the case but god I hope so.

This is what I thought of, and I'm pessimistic about that actually being the case but god I hope so.

They definitely need to add more base stuff. Hell, I'm only at 105 on my base account and 2/3 boxes are all dupes. Can't imagine what the people who are at level 300 and above are feeling.

Off the top of my head, they've only added that Reinhardt skin, the sitting and laughing emotes, and...that's it? That's pretty crazy for a whole year.

They definitely need to add more base stuff. Hell, I'm only at 105 on my base account and 2/3 boxes are all dupes. Can't imagine what the people who are at level 300 and above are feeling.

Off the top of my head, they've only added that Reinhardt skin, the sitting and laughing emotes, and...that's it? That's pretty crazy for a whole year.
Yep, that's it. Everything else has been a timed event unlock or a timed HOTS unlock. Really dumb. And stuff like the Uprising skins don't even make sense to be time limited.

And Sombra and Orisa still don't have sitting or laughing emotes either.

Plesiades

Yeah. It makes sense.

2-week event, but all stuff is permanent.

Why would they have an event tomorrow, with no announce yet?

Because all of the other events lasted three weeks, and the anniversary boxes are only on sale until June 5th based on the leak.

Plus I think the Uprising event was the first event they actually announced a week ahead of time. There might have been another one, but most of the info usually got out through website or comic leaks

hypernima

Banned

I just stopped caring and joining team chat in comp, it's 90% toxic no matter what I pick.
Since I've been playing whom I want it's been good sailing for me. I picked widow once on attack for Anubis B. I was previously DPS and getting kills but we had only one tank and I couldn't do much more vs their Hog/Dva. So I go Widow and I started getting really really good picks on Pharah, Hog, and Ana that guaranteed us the point.

I go into voice chat because I figure hey, maybe we can discuss some strategy on how to defend. As soon as I go into it someone is complaining about me picking Widow, claiming how it was a 5v5 instead of a 6v5 (they had a leaver), so I say "You saw me on the board for those picks? Why are you complaining? When I was soldier I had literally no support from you guys on the push, you would always leave me solo."

The guy and his three stack didn't want to hear any of it. On attack they started off with a Mercy/Mei/Junk. Yet blamed me for switching even though I was gold the first two full rounds while playing Winston. Their mercy was pocketing and when a guy in their stack got on soldier, he wasn't making much of a difference.

Thankfully at the end of the match some guy was like "Dude, you were like the only one getting kills. They were complaining the whole match."

I don't doubt that I could have played better using my comms but I just have no motivation to play in comms or talk in comms unless I'm in a stack. So be it that no one tilts me with constant complaints. I think I might strictly just focus on playing in the in-houses now. That seems to be the only way to get a real match in this game, through scrims.

Top Bottom