• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Why is the menu so freaking sensitive on the PS4 version? I have a really small dead zone on my DS4 and normally it isn't a problem. But with Overwatch it makes navigating menu's a pain in the ass. Why are your menu's feather sensitive blizzard?

ohkay

I think the main point of decay is to keep top 500s playing so they can't just stop and be safe. There is no reason diamonds should decay, considering top 500 starts in GM.

Ambient80

Why is the menu so freaking sensitive on the PS4 version? I have a really small dead zone on my DS4 and normally it isn't a problem. But with Overwatch it makes navigating menu's a pain in the ass. Why are your menu's feather sensitive blizzard?

One thing I hate on both PS4 and Xbox is that going into and out of the sprays menu for heroes in the gallery is super laggy. Like, the game almost locks up for a full second when leaving the menu. It's weird.

One thing I hate on both PS4 and Xbox is that going into and out of the sprays menu for heroes in the gallery is super laggy. Like, the game almost locks up for a full second when leaving the menu. It's weird.

Yep. I used to love spraying before they turned it into a menu and ruined it.

Shredderi

How do you counter attack bastion team with rein+2 healers focusing on bastion? Assume that no one on my team can use Tracer and Genji because they all hate those heroes and avoid playing as them and thus can't use them when the need arises.

How do you counter attack bastion team with rein+2 healers focusing on bastion? Assume that no one on my team can use Tracer and Genji because they all hate those heroes and avoid playing as them and thus can't use them when the need arises.
Bomb that shit with Junkrat and get them to scatter.

Veelk

Banned
Sprays are a pain in the ass to use using the menu, but it's a huge improvement for emails and voice lines, which I think are better suited for expressions anyway.

Besides junkrat, Pharah seems like a reasonable choice given that they have 4 characters that can't really touch you. You'd likely focus on the healers first. Having a pocketed pharah would likely wreck them.

ohkay

D.va, Pharah, Winston would prob be my choice if you can't run a tracer or Genji. D.va can effectively stop Bastion's damage with matrix, Pharah can get behind with her mobility and/or boop the Rein away with conc shot, and Winston can just leap on the Bastion

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I need 2 more Arcade wins before the reset so I join CTF and I'm playing against teams who all defend resulting in 7 minute draws, what absolute boring bastards they are.

DR2K

Banned
Are they not going to reveal the contents of Overwatch anniversary? Usually there's a trailer that shows everything off

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I need 2 more Arcade wins before the reset so I join CTF and I'm playing against teams who all defend resulting in 7 minute draws, what absolute boring bastards they are.

Well, I got my 2 wins and my first ever double legendary box, both duplicates ofc but still! This is the first time I'm going into an event with currency to burn, I will be buying the Soldier skin 100%, the rest are ugly as fuck so unless there's more I'll have enough for next event too.

zAE4MgV.png

Are they not going to reveal the contents of Overwatch anniversary? Usually there's a trailer that shows everything off

It's the Origin's Edition plus 10 Anniversary loot boxes, that's it.

Prelude.

2470>2455>2491>2471>2520. Exit game, see you next season.
Fuck this elo, lul.

Every loss was because of a widow/hanzo btw. The kind that switches off, we start winning, and goes back so we lose.

Orisa is also a really good Rein counter, I've found. She can also lay decent DPS into Bastion from the edge of his effective range, and Halt can yank him out of cover.
I still haven't gotten many chances to play her yet. Think I've had one really good QP game and that's it. Good to know this though.

MCD

As a Bastion main (don't hate lol) Tracer, Genji and Roadhog give me the most trouble.

Pharah is a pain sure but I can manage her unlike Road's one hit kill chain attack, Tracer's bomb and Genji's annoying shitck.

Zarya can also be deadly if close and no one's there to back you up.

MG310

Two Lucio mains arguing over who should play Lucio for 4 rounds of Ilios. One trying to lord over the other that he is an Attack Lucio and somehow that makes him better.

I had my final tilt from this game

My season high was in the upper ~3100's to now 2540
7RwUTnW.png

I think my Overwatch addiction is finally gone.

End of the season games tend to suck really bad, couple this with the fact that kids are officially on vacay, it's just a disaster. Happened to me last season, I ended near a similar SR. I placed @ 2470's this season but reached diamond/masters fairly easy shortly thereafter (RIP win streaks).

Waxwing

Oy...just got out of the most toxic comp game I've played in a while. We WON (and I had gold elims) and still people were cursing and calling me pile of dog**** and threatening (or maybe doing) to report me for playing Symmetra. I just don't understand what makes humans so wretched to each other over a game. I love this game, but some of the people are just insanely cruel. I guess I understand now how wars happen.

maouvin

Just lost 7-6 on Anubis. I had no idea you could go 7-6. And the final round is ye olde coin toss, oh how I missed it.

It was a fun match at least. Except for the final round where our Ana swapped to Hanzo to troll, maybe because he thought me and another teammate were trolling by disconnecting thrice during the match (we always reconnected, an opponent also dropped with us every time, turns out we all had the same ISP). But that's part of playing online, all fine.

I had my final tilt from this game

My season high was in the upper ~3100's to now 2540

I think my Overwatch addiction is finally gone.

I had something similar happen to me last week. I dropped from 3970 to 3500 in one night. Most of my losses were due to trolls, quitters, and one tricks.

It has completely turned me off the game and I have no interest in going back anytime soon.

Just lost 7-6 on Anubis. I had no idea you could go 7-6. And the final round is ye olde coin toss, oh how I missed it.

It was a fun match at least. Except for the final round where our Ana swapped to Hanzo to troll, maybe because he thought me and another teammate were trolling by disconnecting thrice during the match (we always reconnected, an opponent also dropped with us every time, turns out we all had the same ISP). But that's part of playing online, all fine.

Did everyone just forget to play defense or something?

Veelk

Banned
Anyone else ever take a break from a character, only to come back to them having forgotten how to play them?

I swear, I used to be a pretty good Rein, but now I make the most terrible plays with him before realizing "oh, I guess I shouldn't have done that."

cyborg009

Banned
Just keep rolling the solo q dice, you'll go on a winning streak eventually.

I fell from 3000's to 2100's my poor soul can't handle that again.

End of the season games tend to suck really bad, couple this with the fact that kids are officially on vacay, it's just a disaster. Happened to me last season, I ended near a similar SR. I placed @ 2470's this season but reached diamond/masters fairly easy shortly thereafter (RIP win streaks).

It's so bad on the weekends but it's pretty much the only time I can play now.

I had something similar happen to me last week. I dropped from 3970 to 3500 in one night. Most of my losses were due to trolls, quitters, and one tricks.

It has completely turned me off the game and I have no interest in going back anytime soon.

I think at this point I will only come back if we get a new character.

I tried playing sunday morning on PS4, I ended up in a team of 5 random 12/13 year old kids in solo competitive. I expected the worse, but they were serious, all had mics, they organised quickly and were very polite. Switching characters when someone asked, cheering one another up, no negativity. The Reaper kid lost connection while we were winning, but everyone tried his best at 5VS6 anyway!
I wish that was the standard with randoms!

maouvin

Did everyone just forget to play defense or something?

I don't even know. The connections for the three who kept dropping always ocurred when my team was defending, and before the first point was captured. Then whenever I reconnected we were already on the next round, so my team likely had fast defeats due to the numeric disadvantage. Or maybe they gave up on those rounds, I'll never know.

But we were having some solid victories when attacking. Maybe if we weren't put on defense on the decisive round it's be a win. Alas.

Anne

I don't mind the decay, but I think it is way too aggressive. One game a day with a 7 day bank is quite a bit to actually go through and means you're playing with your rating up fairly often. I think something more along the lines of 3 a week would be a lot more fair. Basically every higher ranked player agrees with me that I ask about it too. It's not that people want to play less just to hold rank, it's just you have to actually schedule quite a bit of Overwatch time into your life. God forbid you can't play for a couple weeks and that takes you all the way down to 3k.

In general my main reasons why I'm not happy with the queue and comp system are just out there. Glad to be done with this season.

Top Bottom