• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Blues1990

After equipping Mei's Bee Keeper skin, I'm shocked with the lack of Bee-related puns.

A large influx of bees ought to put a stop to that!

It constantly blows my mind how incompetent people are at 3700-3800. Mercy won't rez two players. Genji decides to solo ult the enemy team. Zarya gravs after they grav and killed 4 of us. How are people so bad at game sense and general team flow and getting to this level? It's fucking infuriating. I feel like there needs to be someone in every game telling everyone exactly what to do and when, otherwise everyone is just completely useless and borderline throwing.

Ramirez

How long have you been playing with m&k so far? I plan on building a PC later this year, but I haven't played on PC in like 8-10 years. I was hoping it wouldn't take long to adjust

I literally played 3 matches because of the free weekend just to see if my PC could run it well.

I think the thing I miss most is rumble, I have gotten so used to that feedback in console shooters, it's really weird not having it. My PC setup is not ideal by any means, I have a stock 2 button mouse and a worn out pad that has drawings my kid drew on it, lol.

I think I'd get used to it if I stuck with it, I had 4 golds in the matches I played, but I never felt like I was doing that well.

LiK

I literally played 3 matches because of the free weekend just to see if my PC could run it well.

I think the thing I miss most is rumble, I have gotten so used to that feedback in console shooters, it's really weird not having it. My PC setup is not ideal by any means, I have a stock 2 button mouse and a worn out pad that has drawings my kid drew on it, lol.

I think I'd get used to it if I stuck with it, I had 4 golds in the matches I played, but I never felt like I was doing that well.

Rumble makes using certain weapons more intuitive and feel better, imo

I don't really miss the rumble.

To be fair a decent PC is needed tho to see the great benefits the PC version has over console.

But hey everyone has their favorites.

lol people can get some mad when they don't get heals. 1) youre behind a wall. 3) i'm the only healer (ana) 2) you think im going to go in there with a bunch of the other team there with you? bit plz

Backlogger

It constantly blows my mind how incompetent people are at 3700-3800. Mercy won't rez two players. Genji decides to solo ult the enemy team. Zarya gravs after they grav and killed 4 of us. How are people so bad at game sense and general team flow and getting to this level? It's fucking infuriating. I feel like there needs to be someone in every game telling everyone exactly what to do and when, otherwise everyone is just completely useless and borderline throwing.

Its crazy because I feel like I can't get over 2000 because of people playing this way. I honestly have no idea how folks have the patience to play comp. I certainly don't.

LiK

To be fair a decent PC is needed tho to see the great benefits the PC version has over console.

I play on PC version at max settings but playing with m/kb sucks ass, imo. Using kb for movement in general has become a pain for me these days.

Pooya

there is this huge splash screen ad on bnet launcher for the trial, the thing is it doesn't go away... I can't launch the game halp.

edit: oh invisible close button. found it! why it even shows me the ad when you know I have the game lol.

I play on PC version at max settings but playing with m/kb sucks ass, imo. Using kb for movement in general has become a pain for me these days.

What kind of keyboard do you got? Could be the issue.

But like I said everyone has their own feels for this stuff.

I have kind of fallen in love with the Kb/M situation. I think I'll be getting most FPS for this thing.

LiK

What kind of keyboard do you got? Could be the issue.

But like I said everyone has their own feels for this stuff.

I have kind of fallen in love with the Kb/M situation. I think I'll be getting most FPS for this thing.

Just a wireless Logitech one. Nothing fancy. I don't game competitively on PC anymore. Probably the reason I haven't upgraded to stuff like mechanical kbs

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

If I could run the game at 60fps at all low quality on my laptop I'd do it just for kb/m. That outweighs any graphical shit imo.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Thats what I mean. You need to be able to get 60fps out of it.

On hideous quality settings, do you need a decent PC for 60? I guess decent is subjective though but I know what you mean.

I should hook up an external GPU to my thinkpad. Just want that kb/m though. Skill ceiling feels artificially limited for me on console.

Having fun with Ana in QP though. Too bad can't bring it into comp.

MacAttack

I tried PC today and I'm totally jealous of how good it looks and controls. I've already invested (via lootboxes and skin unlocks) too much into xbone at this point so I don't think I'll double dip.

Danj

This doesn't sound like an exploit. By leaving people behind to cap the flag again, they are shorthanding themselves if the entire other team is trying to recap their flag, so they should have an advantage in numbers.

How is this an exploit lol

Bro that's not an exploit that's how you're supposed to play CTF lol

I phrased it as being an exploit to increase the possibility that the problem would get looked at. I already reported it as a bug 2 other times with no response.

As for "this is how you're supposed to play CTF" so you're saying CTF is supposed to be an unfun, unfair, cheaty, exploity experience that ruins the mode for everyone?

And it's not like using this method is an uncommon thing, it happens at least once a week to me.

Other games with CTF modes have mechanisms to prevent this, some of which I suggested in the post and I think the most common of which is that you can't capture a flag if your flag is not also present.

Just a simple change like that would make it possible to counter this disgusting flag camping strategy and vastly improve the CTF mode.

MogCakes

This game is exasperating. I get incredibly frustrated when I know my side is being outplayed by the other team, and especially so when I am hard countered by their numbers because my team spread out and I'm unable to find a safe vantage point of attack, or my team is swiftly wiped out the instant we try to push together. I try to keep awareness of what they're doing, but there will be times that we engage, only for them to immediately abandon me to doom within a second. Sometimes I rush to support them, and arrive just in time to see them die and the enemy's focus turn to me instead. This game is so very exasperating. The amount of required coordination and dependence on every link in the party is staggeringly high. I play with friends and none of us really coordinate, we just shout and laugh - but me being a tryhard, it's hard not to get tilted when we are so thoroughly destroyed by the other side. More so when we are near the end of a match, losing thoroughly, and my friends say 'nah we can still turn it around' as we trickle back up to the full enemy team in wait for us. I get irritated when my group doesn't acknowledge that we have been outplayed and out-skilled.

The game is great when we are actually playing off each other and playing our characters and roles, but the rest of the time, which is the majority of the time, I am in constant frustration.

Cappa

Banned
I had the Samsung gaming series 7 laptop which was a beast at the time and found myself playing on console more than pc and when I did play on pc I ended up using the controller more than kb/m anyway lol

PC just isn't for me.

Crzy1

tfw you get a legendary and it's not an event legendary.

kinda feels bad man
I've gotten Reinhardt, Orisa and Mercy legendary skins​ that weren't from the event and a box of coins. Have gotten Genji and DVAs skins from the event. Seems that the legendary drop rates for seasonal boxes are the same, but never seen this many non event skins. Not a big issue, don't like many of the skins this time around, but the lack of dance emotes is a little upsetting.

Top Bottom