• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

My cousin plays TF2 and just came over to try Overwatch and lost his fucking mind at my frame rate, he couldn't believe how smooth it was, I asked him what he plays TF2 at and the poor bastard said "12-15fps". He's going to save up and then I'll teach him how to build his first PC. Luckily you can build a 1080p/60fps PC so cheaply these days so it shouldn't take him long.

holy shit

also I can't get over how horrid the game sense is at this level I mean holy fucking christ (mid gold)

terrible comps, reins who hammer down with a full orisa barrier right in front of them, lucios who charge on to a point by themselves that's filled with the entire enemy team on critical health when there's a full health pack right next to them and me as ana, soldiers who think they can 1v1 roadhog in close quarters indoors so they sprint in to chase him

the salt right now is tremendous, I think if I ever got down to silver or bronze I'd probably just cry

I'm gonna eat some chinese and then come back to comp but I think I'm done with solo q for the day. It treated me well the past few days but not today.

_Legacy_

GG's Yager for our two-stack session. 5 straight wins and barely a single thrower! I climbed 200+ SR over the last two days and you got a new season high, nice! Makes a huge difference when we have a really good Mercy.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
hahaha

DA8YSwVWsAAZ21F.jpg:large

i'm dying

DA7xabRXcAAaYsx.jpg

I'm trying to find a way to play overwatch on two PS4's with my wife without having two plus subscriptions. I have two PS4s. Would this work?

Have wife on my primary PS4 with a disc and her PSN account which is not Plus. She can connect to PSN by virtue of my Plus being on that console as primary, right?

I can buy a digital copy of overwatch and play it on the other non-primary PS4. Can I use my Plus while she is already piggybacking off of it? Will one of us be booted off?

Would it be better to buy the second copy through her account or my own? I have a disc

Okay, I just went through this with my kids' accounts when I got a Pro.

Your wife's account has to be a Sub Account of your main account. If it isn't, have her create a Sub Account. She can then play on the Primary Console while you can play with your account on the other PS4, but only with your main account. I can't play with my smurf Sub Account vs my kids' Sub Accounts.

And yeah, you need two copies of the game, but if you haven't purchased a disc version, I believe you can buy one digital version and download it to both machines for use at the same time. I sadly had already purchased the disc version.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Orisa should have had Tina Belcher's personality instead of.......no personality

I mostly just want her to go 'uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' when low on health

Nepenthe

Completely new to PC Overwatch and hopped in on the free weekend. Been switching between Soldier, Junkrat, Ana, and Reinhardt depending upon team comp and situation and it's been pretty fun.

HOWEVER.

Played as Ana on defense once. Last few seconds, my team bailed the fuck out for no reason, leaving me to my doom against a full power Zarya while I tried desperately to keep the clock running.

I know it's low level casual play but come the fuck on.

Orisa should have had Tina Belcher's personality instead of.......no personality

I'm cracking up at this.

Okay, I just went through this with my kids' accounts when I got a Pro.

Your wife's account has to be a Sub Account of your main account. If it isn't, have her create a Sub Account. She can then play on the Primary Console while you can play with your account on the other PS4, but only with your main account. I can't play with my smurf Sub Account vs my kids' Sub Accounts.

And yeah, you need two copies of the game, but if you haven't purchased a disc version, I believe you can buy one digital version and download it to both machines for use at the same time. I sadly had already purchased the disc version.

Thanks

Can I convert her existing account into a sub account?

It's gonna be weird when she's described as the "new hero with plenty to learn" when it's 2019 and we have Doomfist, Liao, Athena and Tracer and Mercy's twin sisters as heroes.

still not enough healing

and if you're like me, extremely streaky damage

Talk someone else into going Lucio to pair with your Zen? And damage with Zen isn't so much about you putting the hurt on people as much as it is making sure your Discord is on whoever your shitty DPS is targeting. And peeking alt-fire into shields.

why would a mercy tell me to go die on point (jump down on point). are they so wanting the 5 res. bitch. just res everyone else on point while i'm high ground.

why would a mercy tell me to go die on point (jump down on point). are they so wanting the 5 res. bitch. just res everyone else on point while i'm high ground.

Because if you Rez anything less than 5, it is guaranteed the remaining living team members will die a split second later, no matter their health status or the safety of their location.

Or she's just thirsty for that mega-rezz.

Who truly knows what's going through the mind of a Mercy?

Talk someone else into going Lucio to pair with your Zen? And damage with Zen isn't so much about you putting the hurt on people as much as it is making sure your Discord is on whoever your shitty DPS is targeting. And peeking alt-fire into shields.

Oh I pretty much always have 2 healers lol, was just talking hypothetical.

Lemstar

I'm trying to find a way to play overwatch on two PS4's with my wife without having two plus subscriptions. I have two PS4s. Would this work?

Have wife on my primary PS4 with a disc and her PSN account which is not Plus. She can connect to PSN by virtue of my Plus being on that console as primary, right?

I can buy a digital copy of overwatch and play it on the other non-primary PS4. Can I use my Plus while she is already piggybacking off of it? Will one of us be booted off?

Would it be better to buy the second copy through her account or my own? I have a disc

You shouldn't need to mess around with this subaccount business. The setup you're outlining is right; her account on the system your account is primary on lets her use your PS+, and you can also use your PS+ while you're signed in to PSN on your account on a different system.

You can also share one digital copy of Overwatch this way and sell your disc.

You shouldn't need to mess around with this subaccount business. The setup you're outlining is right; her account on the system your account is primary on lets her use your PS+, and you can also use your PS+ while you're signed in to PSN on your account on a different system.

You can also share one digital copy of Overwatch this way and sell your disc.

Yea, it seems to be working. Thanks. I'm gonna buy the digital version on my own account.

Just got the game yesterday and ive been playing it a ton ever since. Really loving it, would also be interested in playing with someone else on PS4 if theyd be willing to show me the ropes and morph me into a decent player. Still only playing against bots right now til i get the hang of it (Medium difficulty) but im really enjoying playing Pharah, D.Va, Bastion and Orissa. Also wouldn't mind learning how to play Hanzo Genji and Widowmaker.

holy shit

also I can't get over how horrid the game sense is at this level I mean holy fucking christ (mid gold)

terrible comps, reins who hammer down with a full orisa barrier right in front of them, lucios who charge on to a point by themselves that's filled with the entire enemy team on critical health when there's a full health pack right next to them and me as ana, soldiers who think they can 1v1 roadhog in close quarters indoors so they sprint in to chase him

the salt right now is tremendous, I think if I ever got down to silver or bronze I'd probably just cry

I'm gonna eat some chinese and then come back to comp but I think I'm done with solo q for the day. It treated me well the past few days but not today.

My time in gold has been like a never-ending Three Stooges skit. I'm past the point of being mad about it, just enjoying the fuckery and watching the my rank go down.

One particular moment that floored me was an Orisa on my team setting a barrier, than a Soldier on the same team using Tactical Visor, running through the barrier and dying before he could kill anyone. It was hilarious, and yes we lost.

This sounds like a job for Zenyatta.

Zenyatta is great because you can taste the futility when you see that you have Gold or Silver in eliminations and damage dealt. If you're prone to getting mad then he's not the best choice, the robot monk is only for the patient among us.

Just got the game yesterday and ive been playing it a ton ever since. Really loving it, would also be interested in playing with someone else on PS4 if theyd be willing to show me the ropes and morph me into a decent player. Still only playing against bots right now til i get the hang of it (Medium difficulty) but im really enjoying playing Pharah, D.Va, Bastion and Orissa. Also wouldn't mind learning how to play Hanzo Genji and Widowmaker.

you can do quick play fine, the matchmaking is pretty good where it's match you up with new players

My time in gold has been like a never-ending Three Stooges skit. I'm past the point of being mad about it, just enjoying the fuckery and watching the my rank go down.

One particular moment that floored me was an Orisa on my team setting a barrier, than a Soldier on the same team using Tactical Visor, running through the barrier and dying before he could kill anyone. It was hilarious, and yes we lost.

WHY DO BAD PLAYERS INSIST ON RUNNING THROUGH FRIENDLY BARRIERS

every. single. one,.

"oh lemme just run past this nice rein barrier real qui-" sniped

Edit: just had two leavers immediately leave after we lost a round 2 of koth when we won the one before that, did they forget about comp scoring or what

LAM09

My season is over. I didn't think I'd be able to better my career high thanks to solo queing, but a good run over the last few days saw me gain over 400SR.

I'll be sticking to stacks more often than not next season.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love hitting a 5 man shatter with Rein and all my DPS is out in the middle of fucking nowhere for 'teh epic flank' oh hey tracer's on my ass and i cant turn around or roadhog can hook through the team. sure would be nice if mcree was on the tracer instead of in the middle of bumfuck nowhere

blizzard dont ever add another flanker to the game .ever.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I don't understand why so many people still pick Reaper at this SR. He's garbo whether you're bronze or a GM.

I've seen it work a lot lately. People not used to him maybe.

His stupid teleport-then-ult strat also usually comes from behind and will at least kill the Mercy so no res.

Good son. Bad player.

True but if you knew your mom was cooking you dinner why would you join a comp game :3

Also had the most stereotypical Mercy main ever in my last game of the season

First round he said phrases such as; "I'm literally the only good person on this team"

"PROTECT YOUR FUCKING MERCY GOD" (as we were all getting overwhelmed and were trying to protect him)

second round he switched to Widow to throw and then left halfway through that

I've seen it work a lot lately. People not used to him maybe.

His stupid teleport-then-ult strat also usually comes from behind and will at least kill the Mercy so no res.

I suppose but outside of his ult he's crappy

I also play D.Va like 50% of the time so his ult isn't even that noticeable to me, poor guy

jviggy43

Anubis is the worst thing man ever created.

2 point has gotten so much better than what it used to be tho, imo.

First piece of advice......Just no.

Top Bottom