• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Season 5 sprays are up, it's a shitty picture of Oasis that I could only tell was Oasis because of the sun

the animated spray is cool though, goes through the different times of day

you're part of the problem.

LxWP0n7.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like the Lucio gun and the music

I dislike the skin itself. Feels like he wants to sell me anime prints at a convention.

I start working graveyards tomorrow, so I have to keep myself up all night tonight.

If anyone wants to just grind loot boxes for awhile I think I may just have a few drinks and chill in QP.

We should make a group.

Edit: or off season comp mode if that gives good exp.

Sends bat signal to Lik to make a group

bought the zarya golden gun, now frosted will no longer have the bright pink monstrosity :)

it also looks dope with midnight actually which I luckily have

exYle

I start working graveyards tomorrow, so I have to keep myself up all night tonight.

If anyone wants to just grind loot boxes for awhile I think I may just have a few drinks and chill in QP.

We should make a group.

Edit: or off season comp mode if that gives good exp.

I'll be home in 3 hours

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Who truly knows what's going through the mind of a Mercy?
Based on my extremely limited experience, it's usually something like "you're the tank, why are you running way off to the side to try to sneak up on people" or "why isn't anyone trying to shoot all the people who are shooting me"

I love the body of Orisa's futuristic legendary skins but my god why does it look like she got a crowbar to the face. There's just a completely random dent in the center of her face

Blues1990

I don't buy that. The maps clearly wern’t designed with CTF in mind. Broad swathes of each map segment go unused, and flag stations are usually confined. The possibility space for potential tactics is limited.

On a fundamental level, Overwatch nails the basics of CTF, but what usually happens is one of two things: 1) both teams turtle up, rightly favoring defensively sound heroes like Symmetra, Mei, Bastion, and Torbjorn, and nobody ever manages a single successful flag capture, let alone three, or 2) one team absolutely stomps the other, racking up at least one flag capture with ease because their defense is good and the other team’s is not.

My friends and I thought of two possible ideas that can fix this when experimenting in Custom Games:

1) Disable hero abilities on pickup - this prevents Lucio and Tracer from ruling this mode while still giving them a distinct function as their foot speed is still naturally faster than most of the cast. It also prevents terrain skipping abilities such as Phara or Winston from ruling the mode.

2) Don’t allow “return flag” to be instant. This is the biggest offender as it MASSIVELY favors the defenders in a CTF scenario. when standing on the flag for an instant or clicking it instantly will teleport it across the map to base the defenders have to put in no work to recover their flag save for killing somone. Offense meanwhile has to break through a defense and then run the thing without ever dying across the map. They can’t make incramental progress because a death will almost absolutley get the flag taken back to base as no one else can claim it fast enough (especially when they have to remain stationary on it to pick it up again).

Compare this to say Halo or TF2 where a player can pick up the thing instantly where it dropped but - this allows a coordinated offense to relay the flag back to base but still have to work to do so. Defense additionally can’t just have one guy be sufficient to return the flag because he probably can’t run it all the way back on his own safely.

I feel like the only one who actually wants this mode to be improved. :(

rulerk1

Banned for 10 min for leaving comp after someone on our team left. The rules for off-season are just dumb. It needs to be qp with comp ruleset like wtf

gurudyne

Never fails. Every event, get a legendary that's coins. 500. Not even enough for a pink event/dance emote. Frustrating as hell.

Please don't make us do another 10 matches for placement Blizz.

I hope they do. I placed so much lower in season 4 than I did in season 3 that I didn't bother trying to raise the number. Just played quick play/arcade modes all season to save myself the salt. (Admittedly my own fault for playing the ranking matches when I hadn't played in so long, but I won 8/10 and lost 430 rank. Not sure how that works.)

Im getting so freaking frustrated with this game

Quickplay feels horrid. Im constantly losing against stacked parties and cant do shit

For some reason, ranked feels much more balanced. Why are all the serious players in casual??

Top Bottom