• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
just make his RMB fire both shotguns at once on a short CD

or a temp speed boost from souls

edit: back to playing genji

back on my old bullshit

Playing on PC because...well, I bought it at launch, might as well.

First CTF game, captured the flag with D.va and just defended for the rest. Easy win, free box. Never have to play it again.

Blues1990

Playing on PC because...well, I bought it at launch, might as well.

First CTF game, captured the flag with D.va and just defended for the rest. Easy win, free box. Never have to play it again.

Speaking of which, I hope that there will be maps that are designed around CTF, along with some QOL changes that can make it a more pleasant experience.

Speaking of which, I hope that there will be maps that are designed around CTF, along with some QOL changes that can make it a more pleasant experience.

there need to be a loooot of QOL changes to make it a more pleasant experience, and they basically already made the maps designed around CTF lol

I doubt they'll put any more effort in to that shitshow

Owzers

True but if you knew your mom was cooking you dinner why would you join a comp game :3

Also had the most stereotypical Mercy main ever in my last game of the season

First round he said phrases such as; "I'm literally the only good person on this team"

"PROTECT YOUR FUCKING MERCY GOD" (as we were all getting overwhelmed and were trying to protect him)

second round he switched to Widow to throw and then left halfway through that

The Mercy I strive to be.

Had to end the season on Anubis, but at least we won.

Fun season, not my highest ranking, I don't think always playing a large stack that's always comprised of different people is the best way to climb. But it is super fun. This turned out to be my most played season yet.

We seemed to get better as the season went on. Maybe next time we can get some of our people into master.

Good stuff Gaf.

Owzers

Had to end the season on Anubis, but at least we won.

Fun season, not my highest ranking, I don't think always playing a large stack that's always comprised of different people is the best way to climb. But it is super fun. This turned out to be my most played season yet.

We seemed to get better as the season went on. Maybe next time we can get some of our people into master.

Good stuff Gaf.

We're going to make dive comp be a thing we do.

Blues1990

there need to be a loooot of QOL changes to make it a more pleasant experience, and they basically already made the maps designed around CTF lol

I doubt they'll put any more effort in to that shitshow

I don't buy that. The maps clearly wern’t designed with CTF in mind. Broad swathes of each map segment go unused, and flag stations are usually confined. The possibility space for potential tactics is limited.

On a fundamental level, Overwatch nails the basics of CTF, but what usually happens is one of two things: 1) both teams turtle up, rightly favoring defensively sound heroes like Symmetra, Mei, Bastion, and Torbjorn, and nobody ever manages a single successful flag capture, let alone three, or 2) one team absolutely stomps the other, racking up at least one flag capture with ease because their defense is good and the other team’s is not.

My friends and I thought of two possible ideas that can fix this when experimenting in Custom Games:

1) Disable hero abilities on pickup - this prevents Lucio and Tracer from ruling this mode while still giving them a distinct function as their foot speed is still naturally faster than most of the cast. It also prevents terrain skipping abilities such as Phara or Winston from ruling the mode.

2) Don’t allow “return flag” to be instant. This is the biggest offender as it MASSIVELY favors the defenders in a CTF scenario. when standing on the flag for an instant or clicking it instantly will teleport it across the map to base the defenders have to put in no work to recover their flag save for killing somone. Offense meanwhile has to break through a defense and then run the thing without ever dying across the map. They can’t make incramental progress because a death will almost absolutley get the flag taken back to base as no one else can claim it fast enough (especially when they have to remain stationary on it to pick it up again).

Compare this to say Halo or TF2 where a player can pick up the thing instantly where it dropped but - this allows a coordinated offense to relay the flag back to base but still have to work to do so. Defense additionally can’t just have one guy be sufficient to return the flag because he probably can’t run it all the way back on his own safely.

antitrop

Gold Balls
txQ1Whd.png

Proud owner of the glorious golden Torbjorn hammer.

I wasn't planning on getting a golden weapon for a while because I think most of them ruin the weapon designs along with looking tacky but Pharah's with Frostbite looks pretty cool. Zarya Frosted with a gold weapon may look cool as well and if Reaper ever comes back in the meta I have both El Blanco and Mariachi and gold weapons look amazing with those.

Or I could just get golden nuts for Zen. Edit: lol^^

I wasn't planning on getting a golden weapon for a while because I think most of them ruin the weapon designs along with looking tacky but Pharah's with Frostbite looks pretty cool. Zarya Frosted with a gold weapon may look cool as well and if Reaper ever comes back in the meta I have both El Blanco and Mariachi and gold weapons look amazing with those.

Or I could just get golden nuts for Zen. Edit: lol^^

Yeah some of them look great. I have golden Pharah with Raptorion which looks great. Junk with Jester looks solid, and I need a good Torb skin to go with the gold. I think Woodclad looks surprisingly cohesive.

I probably should have bought a gun for Zarya because I end up playing her so much in comp but Torb is so much more fun and I love the little guy too much to not get glorious golden hammer.

Gold weapons look stupid af. I would never use them.

most of them do, they can look good in a small amount of cases

the worst I saw when going through my options was witch mercy, turns her broom in to a chunk of gold and ruins the awesome wood paneling on her gun

awful

Oh yeah, I can get more golden goods now to go along with Zen and D.Va (who I rarely use now...well at least they look great with BVa)
Shame Winston's look lame, I especially feel like it may be like throwing an even bigger target on your already well targeted back.

Maybe I'll just wait for the next character.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Gold weapons are indeed ugly. Bought Zens and Junkrats a couple of seasons ago and have not spent CP since.

At least they changed the golden orbs for Zen's Ascendant skin recently though. Looks a bit better.

antitrop

I only buy golden guns for heroes who I climbed with in Comp. QP doesn't apply.

I get another golden gun in 3 wins (so next season's placements). I'm either going to get Ana (who I play in Comp) or Sombra (who I don't).

I kind of just want to get Gold Sombra and spam her in QP.

I don't think Dva is as bad as people say. I like that the dashboard of the Mech is gold. I got mine a couple days ago.

I stand by them looking nicely colour coordinated with both Junebug (mainly for D.Va's own attire) and B.Va.
The rest though, they can be a bit rough.

I actually expected by this point we'd have other options for CP usage but I guess not.

LiK

I get another golden gun in 3 wins (so next season's placements). I'm either going to get Ana (who I play in Comp) or Sombra (who I don't).

Are you trying to have mind games with golden guns? :p

I use Wasteland Ana and gold gun for that looks terrible
I stand by them looking nicely colour coordinated with both Junebug (mainly for D.Va's own attire) and B.Va.

I actually expected by this point we'd have other options for CP usage but I guess not.
Yeah I'd settle for even trading CP for credits lol

I'd rather buy an event skin than a golden gun I think

And I have junebug D.Va but not B.Va, I use Officer mostly anyway. I have seen it on other Junebug D.Va's though and it does look ok

I'm using carbon fiber and the gold and black looks cool. Still want her anniversaries skin, which admittedly doesn't look as good with gold.

Apathy

The day I invent the machine that can smack people through the internet is the day OW mystery heroes will finally be tolerable. How the fuck can idiots be this bad? Do people just play with music blasting so loud they can't hear footsteps or something?

Nimby

Banned
Seagull and Calvin have been streaming scrims for their contenders team. If you ever wanted to watch a pro match from their perspective it's pretty informative.

EDIT: I think most of them are streaming it

Seagull - DPS
Calvin - DPS
Ajax - Lucio
B1am - Support
Juv3nile - Tank
NicolasTJO - Flex

The day I invent the machine that can smack people through the internet is the day OW mystery heroes will finally be tolerable. How the fuck can idiots be this bad? Do people just play with music blasting so loud they can't hear footsteps or something?

I play Mystery Heroes with no sound, sorry lol. That's my "fuck it" mode, especially since most of the time the winning team is the one that lucks into a great team comp.

I start working graveyards tomorrow, so I have to keep myself up all night tonight.

If anyone wants to just grind loot boxes for awhile I think I may just have a few drinks and chill in QP.

We should make a group.

Edit: or off season comp mode if that gives good exp.

Dumb tank player wanted me to solo Rez a reaper who just used ult so he didn't have to walk back from spawn.

We are in the middle of a team fight and that enemy is using ults. Why would I do that now?

Anyway waited for that inevitable 3x man, and won us the fight.

Top Bottom