• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Blizzard

Banned
Both my friend and I had options randomly reset, I guess because of the free weekend. It's annoying because not only were a bunch of video settings changed, but the audio levels were screwed up so the ingame was far too loud.

decided to play a qp game

dude picks hanzo

jumps off the first ledge he sees

switches to torb

never builds a turret

i think i'll wait to play again until wednesday

and I'm back, that was fast

leaving team chat immediately so I don't get shit on for my poor widow play

holy shit I got on fire and got 3 ultimate shutdowns lol

The games tonight were a ton of fun guys, lets take that momentum into next season!

We'll probably lose our first 5 placement matches.

Is there a guide anywhere for someone that wants to start season play? I've been playing off and on since launch but never comp.

I would like to start with season 5. PS4.

I jumped into some matches today (seeding?) and got people quitting and some guy yelling at me to be Anna so I stopped.

Owzers

Overwatch made my brain tired tonight and now I'm thinking about that junkrat mocking me in the potg. I bet Lik sent him...

Getting the sym skin makes me want to retire but there are more things to get.

Blues1990

My Hanzo and Zarya are ready for season 5.

I still haven't made up my mind for what heroes to play in Season 5. The only reason why I played Lucio, Ana, and Zenyatta was no one wanted to play the Support Heroes, and that didn't get me anywhere last season.

If anything, I think I should stick to the Tanks, as I think I'm done healing teammates that act like inbred assholes that wouldn't know how to function.

LiK

I still haven't made up my mind for what heroes to play in Season 5. The only reason why I played Lucio, Ana, and Zenyatta was no one wanted to play the Support Heroes, and that didn't get me anywhere last season.

If anything, I think I should stick to the Tanks, as I think I'm done healing teammates that act like inbred assholes that wouldn't know how to function.

Yup, play whoever you have the best luck with. Sometimes it sucks getting stuck ina role but if you wanna win, gotta sacrifice some joy. At least you can flex between classes.

Are you PS4 dudes doing off season?

Yup, fun night. Even Batman is enjoying it!

Blues1990

Yup, play whoever you have the best luck with. Sometimes it sucks getting stuck ina role but if you wanna win, gotta sacrifice some joy. At least you can flex between classes.

And I agree, as being flexible had helped me in the past. But with no one on NeoGAF wanting to team up with me for going up the ranks, I can't do it alone anymore, as I can't trust random teammates that either throw are too stubborn to switch when they are not pulling their weight with a certain character. Even the people I played with and friended are rarely on to climb the ranks, so I don't know.

EoJocqN.gif

LiK

Amazingly fun close Comp match. Need to save that even if it was a loss cuz everything was just close as hell, lol

Yager

Banned
GG's Yager for our two-stack session. 5 straight wins and barely a single thrower! I climbed 200+ SR over the last two days and you got a new season high, nice! Makes a huge difference when we have a really good Mercy.

It was so good, but at the same time so weird. I feel like it was the universe apologizing for all the shitty Junkrats and Hanzos we got in the past few weeks, so we got the good ones for the last day. We won with some pretty strange comps and on maps we usually struggle a bit, that game on Anubis was damn nuts.

And now the wait for the next season begins. You're getting to diamond, I bet my ass, and with any luck, I can probably reach Masters (at least that's my goal). I will probably keep on being a Mercy main, I enjoy playing her so much.

Can relate.

Damn, I think we're ready for Season 5. Even when we're against other good stacks, the games are just epic and fun. I wish Comp was like this all the time.

Off Season still isn't comp.

I was doing some here on PC and for the most part yea we have been wrecking it.

I think most people are either trolling or playing characters they don't normally play.

LiK

Off Season still isn't comp.

I was doing some here on PC and for the most part yea we have been wrecking it.

I think most people are either trolling or playing characters they don't normally play.

Of course it isn't real Comp cuz real Comp is garbage with trolls and throwers.

We just went up against another stack and they were playing hard with their mains. Gold weapons galore. It was fun. Like I said, we had close games, we didn't "wreck" all of them. You can ask Batman how our games went tonight cuz he was in all of them. I'm gonna upload this game cuz we had some epic fun times.

More fun than in-house, believe it or not!

komaruR

Did Komaru also quit PS4?
I'm still ps4. just pooh kept asking for pc qp lol
and some other friends was trying pc ow this trial weekend
Overwatch is all you need.
not even destiny 2??

offseason is actually quite fun. no throwing even if you pick, junk, bastion, hanzos

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazonianPunchyMeatloafSoonerLater

my hidden sr in PC is plat?!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147970604

LiK

Rendering the clip.

I'm still ps4. just pooh kept asking for pc qp lol
and some other friends was trying pc ow this trial weekend

not even destiny 2??

offseason is actually quite fun. no throwing even if you pick, junk, bastion, hanzos

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazonianPunchyMeatloafSoonerLater

my hidden sr in PC is plat?!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147970604

Best thing about off-season is no one is tilts. I hope people play more like this cuz we do so much better as a result.

Last two boxes have actually thrown in a couple of pinks. Orissa's dance and Zarya's.

A welcome change from the whites and the blues I suppose, but still no skins.

I have reached new levels of BM obnoxiousness today.

I've configured my Logitech Gaming Software to have my mouse's Right Click perform the Right Click action and then immediately use my character's default Voice Line. Now every single Lucio Right Click comes with a "Boop!"

I might've started a cancer this day.

I made a tutorial and posted it to Reddit and Youtube:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6dz56d/tutorial_how_to_assign_your_secondary_fire_to/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYBk9sB-2Fc

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Why are there more tryhard Pharahs in QP than comp?

Guess you have to test your mouse / keyboard somewhere :^)

Top Bottom