• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Going to use "off season" to try different aiming modes. Too bad linear ramp is still broken. Blizzard pls.

edit

lol someone was destroying as various DPS classes in quick play so I sent a sarcastic "which keyboard and mouse adapter are you using :^)" and got this reply

IyFSVGX.png

Madman.

Sounds like I missed some good games last night but I had a really shitty day and would have probably brought the mood down - also I was playing shitty because of it so yeah. Need to remember to stay away from OW after crappy days because it just makes me more annoyed usually.

Does new season start Tuesday or Wednesday? I'd like to group up with GAF for my placements but if it starts Tuesday I'll probably miss the initial sessions.

X-Frame

I played some QP last night with friends who are trying it out for the Free Weekend and I got immediate flashbacks to the first few weeks of Overwatch.

Bastion's destroyed, Hanzo's Ult regularly killing 3+ people with no set ups, players trickling into the fight to their death, nobody stands behind the big Reinhardt rectangle, etc.

I tried to support my friends being a healer and realized that it was pointless with how quickly they can die. Other teams rarely had a healer too, it was 5-6 DPS on either side often.

LiK joined us too for a game last night and it was rough -- my friends were getting annihilated with the other team having 3-4 experienced players, haha.

Since I imagine a lot of people here are off for Memorial Day, we should try doing another 6 stack today. It's turned out to be pretty decent practice for next season.

My D.Va Law player icon that was available during the HotS event has, I've just noticed, a locked symbol on it. I've still got it equipped but I'm not worried that if I change icon I will lose that one for good.

Any one else have that problem? Very odd.

I'm playing this for the first time because of the free weekend. I'd played a bunch of TF2 during it's prime, so understanding team dynamics is easy enough for me to grasp.

But what the hell... I'm getting used to playing Mercy, but every time I'm locked out of it, the person playing is inept as all hell. Are quick play randoms usually this bad? How come I can be on fire, healing multiple team members, killing people that try to get me, and actually saving my ultimate while these randoms fail to heal anyone and just run out into the open?

Also Zarya is underused. I've been pulling the trigger on her more often and she's fantastic.

Nimby

Banned
edit

lol someone was destroying as various DPS classes in quick play so I sent a sarcastic "which keyboard and mouse adapter are you using :^)" and got this reply

IyFSVGX.png

Madman.

I've done this once too, and got the same result lol

If you're playing Widow in QP, with a kb+m, you're the worst person. Next is Genji.

komaruR

I played some QP last night with friends who are trying it out for the Free Weekend and I got immediate flashbacks to the first few weeks of Overwatch.

Bastion's destroyed, Hanzo's Ult regularly killing 3+ people with no set ups, players trickling into the fight to their death, nobody stands behind the big Reinhardt rectangle, etc.

I tried to support my friends being a healer and realized that it was pointless with how quickly they can die. Other teams rarely had a healer too, it was 5-6 DPS on either side often.

LiK joined us too for a game last night and it was rough -- my friends were getting annihilated with the other team having 3-4 experienced players, haha.
One of the reason you make alts to play with friends. Fresh accounts so that the match making will not skew the mmr to more experience players and making it unpleasant for newcomers to play.

The new 1v1 is such garbage. Roadhog is an option too often, and it's just so much easier to win with Roadhog vs squishies. I won three games in a row playing nothing but Roadhog. The dude tried Soldier 76, McCree and then finally a Roadhog himself to try to defeat me.

I'm a shit Roadhog player. I played him a lot during hook 1.0, but now I've no idea where to aim, how long the range is or anything with the current Roadhog. I still win all the time.

Maaan, the time of Hanzo, McCree and Widowmaker 1v1's were so much fun and thrilling. Now it's just a game of picking Roadhog and instantly winning.

Falchion

Any Overwatch Gaf play on Xbox regularly? I just finished grinding up to 25 so that I can play competitive since I'm tired of just playing with randoms with no mics on quickplay.

JordanKZ

The new 1v1 is such garbage. Roadhog is an option too often, and it's just so much easier to win with Roadhog vs squishies. I won three games in a row playing nothing but Roadhog. The dude tried Soldier 76, McCree and then finally a Roadhog himself to try to defeat me.

I'm a shit Roadhog player. I played him a lot during hook 1.0, but now I've no idea where to aim, how long the range is or anything with the current Roadhog. I still win all the time.

Maaan, the time of Hanzo, McCree and Widowmaker 1v1's were so much fun and thrilling. Now it's just a game of picking Roadhog and instantly winning.

As someone who mains literally none of the options, 1v1 is an infuriating exercise now.

yo. it's off season;. why people still trying hard right now lol.

just had a fun comp on hanamura. battle mercy and zen trying to battle it out (same team) lol. she thought she got potm but i did lol. fragged out on the second point.

JackEtc

Been away from the game for months but been playing for a week now and I think I'm getting pulllllled back in...

Mercy main, I averaged ~9k healing, 8 rez, 3 kills in competitive season 1. No idea if thats good lmao but whenever I played with other GAF people we wrecked

I added my name to the PS4 Google Doc. Is the discord mostly just for organizing PC games?

So any advice on getting triphies like getting 3-4 deadeye kills at once?

luck mostly tbh

they also kinda get harder the more you play because players start avoiding ults better

I think that's one of the ones I still don't have but I don't play McCree much, I had it all lined up once and a Widow crit me :/

LiK

tXaYQi8.png

It's a shame we lost three in a row but their hog and zen were disgustingly good. Of course you shared one of the few we lost ;)

It was a fun match so even if it was a loss, it was worth sharing. Most of the other matches from last night were mainly us stomping others. This was like a real Comp match and we were evenly skilled with that group.

Not gonna lie, their Tracer and Zen def focused on my Zarya which was annoying as hell. Should've swapped back to Dva sooner. Bubbles didn't help much when they were just double teaming me and popping them to kill me.

luck mostly tbh

they also kinda get harder the more you play because players start avoiding ults better

I think that's one of the ones I still don't have but I don't play McCree much, I had it all lined up once and a Widow crit me :/

Seems like such an insane trophy. And yeah, it fees too late for me because everyone is so good and aware

Cant imagine how many hours I need to get that lucky and then theres like a bunch of other trophies with similar luck

Seems like such an insane trophy. And yeah, it fees too late for me because everyone is so good and aware

Cant imagine how many hours I need to get that lucky and then theres like a bunch of other trophies with similar luck

Yeah, especially after some balance changes some of the trophies are near impossible. I've got over 200 hours in the game probably and I've only got 75% of the trophies. Some people try to boost them though

LiK

If solo, try going behind the enemy and waiting for someone else to Ult so while they're distracted, you can drop it on them.

If in a group, you can try using it with another Ult like Zarya or Mei if they could get 4 guys in their Ults.

I got it by going behind the enemy lines and they weren't paying attention while fighting my team.

I saved a video cuz it became PotG but this was how I got the trophy:

https://youtu.be/1WT813jFDIs

Edit: Jesus, this was from 11 months ago lol

So any advice on getting triphies like getting 3-4 deadeye kills at once?

- Ask your Mei to put an icewall underneath you when you ult.
- Ask a Zarya and a Sombra to combo their ults, then let you kill everyone.
- Use your ult after a Mei or Rein ult.
- Or, the easiest way, use your ult when everyone is distracted, such as when someone uses any form of ult, overtime, or when your Rein charges in.

Achievements are certainly harder the longer the game is out.

I mean who in their right mind is going to shoot at a Genji who's deflecting these days? It's hard enough to get one kill like that, but you want me to get two?

4 kills with McCree's Ult is a tough one.

I play Zen quite a lot, not come anywhere near getting the 4 discord kills in 6 seconds...

Owzers

- Ask your Mei to put an icewall underneath you when you ult.
- Ask a Zarya and a Sombra to combo their ults, then let you kill everyone.
- Use your ult after a Mei or Rein ult.
- Or, the easiest way, use your ult when everyone is distracted, such as when someone uses any form of ult, overtime, or when your Rein charges in.
Mei is going to put an ice wall in front of you.

LiK

Unless you're god-like with Mei, don't play her in Comp. Been fucked over too many times cuz of her fucking walls. Thanks for blocking my Ult. Thanks for blocking me from killing off someone. Thanks for blocking me from escaping.

MCD

Unless you're god-like with Mei, don't play her in Comp. Been fucked over too many times cuz of her fucking walls. Thanks for blocking my Ult. Thanks for blocking me from killing off someone. Thanks for blocking me from escaping.

I'd rather have a wall fucking me than an enemy D.va sucking my Ult.

Feels bad man.

Call for a wall cancel immediately. Even good Meis have shit happen sometimes and build a wall that prevents a kill but saves the Mei. We can break our walls for you to do your thing though. Wish people would just use the mic to ask for a wall cancel instead of just groaning followed by complaining.

Call for a wall cancel immediately. Even good Meis have shit happen sometimes and build a wall that prevents a kill but saves the Mei. We can break our walls for you to do your thing though. Wish people would just use the mic to ask for a wall cancel instead of just groaning followed by complaining.

This too though, however sometimes a wall cancel comes too late anyway even if they say it immediately.

LiK

Even the good Meis have slow reflexes to canceling any walls. They just use it to save themselves for the most part. It's annoying. Of course we'll complain cuz they should have better game sense on what's going on. A bad wall can kill off any good momentum you've got.

Chance

Once, I'm defending on Eichenwalde. Our Bastion goes Tank and the enemy Rein charges at him through the choke and smacks right into my wall, which immediately drops to let Bastion do his dark work.

There's a brief scrim, we hold them back and Genji dives just as hjs Rein hammers down... Which is blocked by another wall. We kill the Genji, I have my ult and then it's all gravy.

https://youtu.be/15OkEcEg7uI

I should really Mei more.

Top Bottom