• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Fugu

The new 1v1 is such garbage. Roadhog is an option too often, and it's just so much easier to win with Roadhog vs squishies. I won three games in a row playing nothing but Roadhog. The dude tried Soldier 76, McCree and then finally a Roadhog himself to try to defeat me.

I'm a shit Roadhog player. I played him a lot during hook 1.0, but now I've no idea where to aim, how long the range is or anything with the current Roadhog. I still win all the time.

Maaan, the time of Hanzo, McCree and Widowmaker 1v1's were so much fun and thrilling. Now it's just a game of picking Roadhog and instantly winning.
Roadhog's balance in small group settings is very poor; I'm convinced that 3v3 was changed almost exclusively in deference to this fact.

It's worse in 1v1, though, because of the strange ways that Roadhog mirror matches work. There is, for example, the paradoxical advantage given to the player who hooks second, rewarding the player with the slower reaction time.

No character is going to consistently beat Hog in a 1v1, however, unless the playing field is very large. In close quarters the only other character that even comes close is Mei and it takes prodigious timing to win as her.

I hate the 1v1's with a passion, do so much better in 3v3s. I especially hate some of the matchups, Zen Vs Genji Vs Junkrat? Its no shit we are both gonna pick Genji (Well I pick Zen, because I'm a Zen main)

Also hate the Pharah and Ana mirror matches. Roadhog mirrors always play out like they do in any other mode, the first to hook usually loses unless they fling you off a ledge, and the Mei matchups just feel janky (Like the time I lost a 4-4 because he somehow froze me AFTER my Cryofreeze had engaged).

Just feels like I constantly get thrown into heroes that I do not enjoy playing or don't have much skill with (Since I'm a Tank/Healer main).

Also I feel like Mei actually can beat Hog fairly consistently, or atleast mine can. I usually just bait the hook (Or just stay out of his range and spam icicles), then freeze him the moment he either has to heal or reload. Worst case I'll just turn the match into a game of tag until I get my ult and go for the kill.

In close quarters the only other character that even comes close is Mei and it takes prodigious timing to win as her.

I will say, Reaper can take out a Roadhog pretty easily, but that's also super risky, because if the enemy player picks anything but Roadhog, you're probably going to lose. 1v1 has become more of a game of rock, paper, scissors. Only scissors will usually beat both paper and rock.

people treating offseason as qp. leave when they want. played some volksaya as zen. lol. got potm. they couldn't cap so 2 left on the other team. so after that round i went battle mercy. didn't even try to heal. the other team idk if they knew how to play but the pharah didn't even try to hit me lol

rulerk1

Unless you're god-like with Mei, don't play her in Comp. Been fucked over too many times cuz of her fucking walls. Thanks for blocking my Ult. Thanks for blocking me from killing off someone. Thanks for blocking me from escaping.

?

Youre getting walled off in spawn

Solo ulting ppl as Mei feels.....right

NeoRaider

Tomorrow it will be exactly one week since i got Legendary item in the loot box!

I NEVER experienced this. And never had bad "luck" like this time. I play every day, and i opened more than 20 loot boxes since the event started and only got Hanzo skin day 1. I feel like crying. Lol XD

Edit: Also got D.Va dance emote day one. And that's the only one that i got. Today i finally see Epic item and guss what?? It's D.Va dance emote!
Out of 23 more emotes i get the one that i already had. Kill me pls.

Fugu

I will say, Reaper can take out a Roadhog pretty easily, but that's also super risky, because if the enemy player picks anything but Roadhog, you're probably going to lose. 1v1 has become more of a game of rock, paper, scissors. Only scissors will usually beat both paper and rock.
Eh, Hog can do everything Reaper can with the added contingency of a hook and a much larger health pool. I see no reason Hog should ever lose that fight 1v1 outside of poor aim.

Also I feel like Mei actually can beat Hog fairly consistently, or atleast mine can. I usually just bait the hook (Or just stay out of his range and spam icicles), then freeze him the moment he either has to heal or reload. Worst case I'll just turn the match into a game of tag until I get my ult and go for the kill.
Hog doesn't actually need the hook to win that fight; all he has to do is hit Mei until she tries to freeze and then take the easy hook to kill her/force her to ice block.

I think this matchup is a 50/50 when both players are very good but you need your icicles and walls to be on point as Mei whereas Roadhog just needs to +back and maybe land a single good hook.

Eh, Hog can do everything Reaper can with the added contingency of a hook and a much larger health pool. I see no reason Hog should ever lose that fight 1v1 outside of poor aim.

Reaper is a natural counter to Hoggie. He can get close using wraith form (or just dropping from high ground) and move around Roadhog while firing his guns. Reaper does tremendous damage on a Roadhog. Meanwhile the Hog has a slow firing speed.

Reaper is the counter to most tanks. In regular games, the only use for Reaper currently is if the enemy team is running four tanks, or maaaaybe three. In every other scenario, other heroes are more useful.

Fugu

Reaper is a natural counter to Hoggie. He can get close using wraith form (or just dropping from high ground) and move around Roadhog while firing his guns. Reaper does tremendous damage on a Roadhog. Meanwhile the Hog has a slow firing speed.

Reaper is the counter to most tanks. In regular games, the only use for Reaper currently is if the enemy team is running four tanks, or maaaaybe three. In every other scenario, other heroes are more useful.
We're talking specifically about 1v1. Wraith form is suicide in 1v1 as it gives Hog time to set up a rmb-hook-lmb-melee or drink (if you do it in the middle of a fight) or both, and Reaper's damage output difference isn't good enough to make up for any of that.

Even outside of 1v1 though this logic is pretty flimsy. Reaper's pick rate is low specifically because Hog is just as good against tanks and has much higher general utility.

Tomorrow it will be exactly one week since i got Legendary item in the loot box!

I NEVER experienced this. And never had bad "luck" like this time. I play every day, and i opened more than 20 loot boxes since the event started and only got Hanzo skin day 1. I feel like crying. Lol XD

Edit: Also got D.Va dance emote day one. And that's the only one that i got. Today i finally see Epic item and guss what?? It's D.Va dance emote!
Out of 23 more emotes i get the one that i already had. Kill me pls.
At least you have an event skin, that's one more than me.

Played some pretty stupid custom games today. People can come up with some hilarious rule sets.
Is there a way to view the rulesets before entering yet? Or save and share settings? Or earn xp?

Not anymore no, not even close. Hasn't been for at least two seasons actually.

xviper

did Blizzard mention anything about any fix for Reinhardt ?? i played the game for less than 2 hours in the last 5 days, that never happened before, i just can't play without Reinhardt, i hope they fix him because right now he is useless and unplayable

Did they ever put the healers back into 1v1? Since they have the new capture point tiebreaker, there's no good reason not to have them in anymore.

LiK

Is there a way to view the rulesets before entering yet? Or save and share settings? Or earn xp?

Not anymore no, not even close. Hasn't been for at least two seasons actually.

Yea, you can check in menu with Show Lobby and save the settings. And yea, we were farming XP with them as well.

Skii

Reaper doesn't counter any tanks lol. Hog and DVa are good counters to Reaper. Tanks counter Reaper...

DevilDog

Got killed like 7 times from miracle headhots from Hanzo as tracer, got so fucking mad.

Why does this happen to me everytime i tracer. Even the guy playing hanzo said he never played better in his life. Just fuck me I guess.

Ramirez

did Blizzard mention anything about any fix for Reinhardt ?? i played the game for less than 2 hours in the last 5 days, that never happened before, i just can't play without Reinhardt, i hope they fix him because right now he is useless and unplayable

Useless and unplayable? Holy hyperbole, Batman.

DevilDog

The only place to get salty is QP.

If you get salty in comp, you're going to ruin the game and lose.

So fuck off "It's only qp lul" people.

time to upgrade ;P

also there was a suspicious hanzo earlier. he was just hitting shots and looking at his rank. either his team sucked or he's cheating.

Wanderer5

Welp on a losing streak in arcade 3v3, and was shit on by the group I was with, despite them making some mistakes too (like their zen freaking overreaching and dying). I just ended up blocking one of them, and call it for now.

Top Bottom