• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I'm not sure if I should solo q for placements or not, I feel like if I go with a GAF group I'm gonna be placed lower than I should because I'll probably be the shittiest player on the team lol

LiK

I'm not sure if I should solo q for placements or not, I feel like if I go with a GAF group I'm gonna be placed lower than I should because I'll probably be the shittiest player on the team lol

Win/loss doesn't matter anyway so just go solo if you don't have anyone to group with.

Got Pharah dance emote and Cyborg 76 today \o/

Golden gun bought, Lucio and Zen will have to wait.

I've got 8 legendaries in 40 boxes so far, 4 from the event. Still another 4 to go that I really want, hopefully I won't have to spend currency at all.

See you later than! I

I will try, these past few days I've been asleep around that time.

LiK

Got Pharah dance emote and Cyborg 76 today \o/

I've got 8 legendaries in 40 boxes so far, 4 from the event. Still another 4 to go that I really want, hopefully I won't have to spend currency at all.

I will try, these past few days I've been asleep around that time.

Who did you buy the golden gun for?

HAHA, I bought it for Soldier too mainly cuz he was my Comp main last season. And yes, I'm glad it looks good with the Cyborg skin.

We're all soldiers now.

Oh shit I just realized it starts at like 2 am here lol maybe I won't play tonight after all either

Yup, I think it's 1AM in Spain. I'm going to sleep in a bit, don't know how many hours though so maybe I will be on, we'll see.

sephi22

Do you get competitive points for the season based on your highest rank or the final rank?
I calibrated at 2188 in season 4 four days before it ended, after not playing the game for like 8 months. I wanted to reach >2500 but after a couple losses I stopped playing in fear that I will end up below 2000 and get only 200 golden gun points instead of 400

LiK

Do you get competitive points for the season based on your highest rank or the final rank?
I calibrated at 2188 in season 4 four days before it ended, after not playing the game for like 8 months. I wanted to reach >2500 but after a couple losses I stopped playing in fear that I will end up below 2000 and get only 200 golden gun points instead of 400

Always highest.

Roubjon

I bought a golden gun for Sombra because it looks cool and she'd be my main if the world didn't freak out every time I chose her. Now I've got 4 golden babies.

I bought a golden gun for Sombra because it looks cool and she'd be my main if the world didn't freak out every time I chose her. Now I've got 4 golden babies.
I don't even play her in comp but it's hilarious that months later people still freak out when she's picked despite multiple buffs. Emp alone makes her worth it, especially on attack 2cp, can basically guarantee a tick or two if you combine it with something else.

You can group up with people here. The ps4 community is pretty active here I think, assuming you play on ps4.

Discord for PC is pretty active too as well I think.

Yeah that's the thing, more likely to win with GAF probably but I'll also perform comparatively worse which might skew my placement.

Same here. I'd like to do my placements with GAF though just because I always get to play my best characters with GAF and it'll be a proper team while it's a crapshoot with ransoms.

I'm 200 points away from my next golden gun - depending on what skins I get from the event I'll probably go with Lucio for it since I play him a lot now. Only need 20 victories in comp this season...shouldn't take too long, right?

....right? :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I never understood people who ragequit when a game is almost over. And i'm just talking outside of Competitive here.
They get 0 XP by doing so, right? So why leave after playing for 10 mins? It's not like there's a W/L kind of ratio that actually matter.

Anne

The majority of higher elo players are playing her like an actual support rather than a bootleg assassin now. As a result a lot less people freak out when she gets picked.

pizzacat

Banned
The majority of higher elo players are playing her like an actual support rather than a bootleg assassin now. As a result a lot less people freak out when she gets picked.
Imma still freak out when she takes up a support slot and I'm a tank.

LiK

I never understood people who ragequit when a game is almost over. And i'm just talking outside of Competitive here.
They get 0 XP by doing so, right? So why leave after playing for 10 mins? It's not like there's a W/L kind of ratio that actually matter.

Rage quitting is never logical.

MartyStu

Any videos of this play style? I am really curious to see how they go about it.

Just in the last week or two I've noticed a lot more Sombra in my games. Some of them are deadly and keep players shut down in team fights which is usually death. The hacked health packs are heartbreaking when they aren't yours...

LiK

Just in the last week or two I've noticed a lot more Sombra in my games. Some of them are deadly and keep players shut down in team fights which is usually death. The hacked health packs are heartbreaking when they aren't yours...

If you have shit support healers on your team, the inability to pick up health packs cuz they were hacked is pretty depressing lol

Anne

Any videos of this play style? I am really curious to see how they go about it.

Watch any of the recent APEX matches that feature her. Basically they all have predetermined routes and starts to keep health kits hacked. Just use hack CD almost entirely to keep medkits up. Go out with recall up, harass and build ult, recall and use hack to keep medkits up, repeat.

I wish I was any good with Sombra. I always fumble trying to hack people. To be fair, I think the feedback of her hacking ability could be a little better, it's hard to tell sometimes if it's locking on.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I've been working hard to get gud with Genji and even when I get gold in elims, objective kills or damage, I still think in the back of my mind that maybe I should have just gone D.Va or something that absorbs more damage and creates more opportunity for my team. Because while I've started eliminating a lot more with Genji and winning one on one encounters, I'll still die on average 8-10 times and that feels a lot to me. Bah.

LiK

I've been working hard to get gud with Genji and even when I get gold in elims, objective kills or damage, I still think in the back of my mind that maybe I should have just gone D.Va or something that absorbs more damage and creates more opportunity for my team. Because while I've started eliminating a lot more with Genji and winning one on one encounters, I'll still die on average 8-10 times and that feels a lot to me. Bah.

Try not to die more than 4-5 times per hero per match. Anything more than that is excessive.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Yep. Wheh my deaths exceed 5, I'm having a bad game. 0-2 is The Sweet Spot.

That's a fair metric to go by. I guess I'll keep plugging away with Genji on QP and really work on not dying. No other way to get better than to, well, practice.

I always torture myself learning the more obtuse characters in games. It took me 25 hours to learn how to play Spy in TF2, but it paid off when I became frankly the best Spy I've seen play the game.

Genji is similar in that way that he feels SO good to control.

If you've played a previous season, placements don't really matter. It's basically just 10 warmup games.

Is there any chance to place higher? I just dicked around with a friend to get the measly CP at the end of S4 and placed silver but only played like one or two actually games as that rank.

My confidence and skill have improved a lot in a little time, especially since I settled on my main. I was hoping to get a fresh start. Oh well, if I'm truly meant to be higher then I guess I'll enjoy the climb :) (or realize I'm shit and stay where I am).

Alucrid

Banned
i'm torn. my friends and skins are on ps4 but now i'm terrible with a ds4 and i feel like i have way more fun and more of an impact on pc.

Lunaniem

McCree

Deadeye
Targets now begin locking on after 0.2 seconds, instead of 0.8 seconds
Damage accumulated over the first 1.0 seconds increased from 20 to 80 (damage per second after the first 1.0 seconds is unchanged)
Developer Comment: McCree’s ultimate can deal a lot of damage if it has a lot of time to build up, but it was often too difficult to get even a small amount of damage out before being stopped or killed. These changes make it more flexible and powerful.

Reaper

The Reaping (Passive)
Removed health orbs
Now regains 20% of all damage done to heroes as health
Developer Comment: Reaper’s old healing passive was useful if you could kill a bunch of enemies in a row. But since enemies needed to be dead for it to work, it wasn’t very helpful unless the situation was already in your favor. His new passive lets him get immediate benefit from it, especially when fighting Tank heroes, which tend to be larger targets that deal lower damage.

these mccree and reaper changes tho

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20812212

Top Bottom