• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Weird, Roadhog was still a problem for people? Heh. Reaper change is pretty interesting, having a life leech offense character will be cool. Though with the way they're going I'm surprised they didn't buff shields and healing on top of all this.

This just makes Roadhog even more of an portable Ult Charge station IMO

antitrop

"Averages are now calculated in 10-minute slices, rather than by the number of games played"

Cool, more consistent now for stat-tracking nerds like me.

Rocketz

Reading the Roadhog changes

Oh.

eli-sad.gif

I honestly can't believe I can't play a single game without both widow and hanzo on my team. Like its literally a joke at this point. I'm pretty close to being done with Overwatch

Started a match with a Lucio pick talking shit about someone choosing Widowmaker. He said "please contribute this time." I told them to back off and we should just have fun. It's casual play. Seriously.

Tell me why the Lucio couldn't read a match to save his life, and keep using speed boost when we were on attack in Assault, leaving us to get shredded? Like, I shouldn't be dying as Orisa if you're around. Don't speed boost me when I'm engaged just because you want to rush a point instead of waiting on us to clear the point out.

"Please contribute." The fuckface.
Dspstanky strikes again

The Reaper changes might be too strong. He is definitely going to be a beast in 2CP (2nd Point) and final checkpoints in Payload. Combining him with Zenyatta Discord and Harmony sounds sickening.

MartyStu

Started a match with a Lucio pick talking shit about someone choosing Widowmaker. He said "please contribute this time." I told them to back off and we should just have fun. It's casual play. Seriously.

Tell me why the Lucio couldn't read a match to save his life, and keep using speed boost when we were on attack in Assault, leaving us to get shredded? Like, I shouldn't be dying as Orisa if you're around. Don't speed boost me when I'm engaged just because you want to rush a point instead of waiting on us to clear the point out.

"Please contribute." The fuckface.

He probably should have better communicated, but trying to speedboost through the choke is a better approach than just trading out. On point A anyway.

And he is clearly an idiot. If you are going to use Widow anywhere, it would be on attack.

Zero gravity is hell on my PC, had to lower my settings lol

The Reaper changes might be too strong. He is definitely going to be a beast in 2CP (2nd Point) and final checkpoints in Payload. Combining him with Zenyatta Discord and Harmony sounds sickening.

Death Blossom becomes a lot more dangerous because he's healing while using it, combined with something else can easily change a game. He's not invincible, but he's not as fragile either, especially if he's hitting 3-4 people.

Still doesn't change mobility though, I don't think this will convert a ton of people

Permanently A

He probably should have better communicated, but trying to speedboost through the choke is a better approach than just trading out. On point A anyway.

And he is clearly an idiot. If you are going to use Widow anywhere, it would be on attack.

Why is Widow better on attack? I thought she was a defense hero and doesn't like to move too much so it seems to me widow would be better for defense?

Yo guys how active is the gaf discord? It was pretty active before I quit playing back in January.

Would they be accepting on a one trick Zarya lol.

Alucrid

Banned
Why is Widow better on attack? I thought she was a defense hero and doesn't like to move too much so it seems to me widow would be better for defense?

the defense moniker doesn't really mean much. she's mostly played on offense because of her pick potential. take out an enemy dps or healer and you can roll onto the point a lot easier in a 6 v 5. that doesn't matter as much on defense since the offense reinforces faster. not that she isn't a decent pick on defense on some maps or to counter a widow if you can/

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
If she gets a pick on offense, it'll be a 5v6 for quite awhile. Also, she doesn't have to worry about the whole enemy team diving her because the defending team generally wants to stay near the point. It's easier to run away from a single flanker then it is the entire enemy team.

Maximus.

I really like the Reaper change. He is my main and I go used to relying on the orbs, but this change makes his survivablity even better.

Veelk

Banned
So can Hog no longer hook and kill a 200 health hero in one hit anymore?

They seem to want him to be more viable in general fights vs him being the hook->kill one trick he is now.

That damage nerf might be too much, but if they ease up on that, this might not be so bad.

antitrop

I think Hook + Left Click + Melee is still enough to 1-shot a 200HP target, but not more than that. I think Reaper and Mei are safe from the combo, now.

The days of getting 1-shot by right-clicks are 100% over, for sure.

Anne

He can kill 200HP heros. That's not the issue.

It's consistency. M2 consistentcy down. Hook combo consistency down on solos. Can't nstagib nano-Genji and things like it. Can only deal 150 max (all headshots lawl) against armor now.

A character that is literally only picked for instagib havign less consistent instagib isn't going to work out well. The RoF and clip thing don't make up for that at all. Even with the better RoF his DPS in general will still be lower or at best break even with live :T

Pooya

'leak' from 4chan, posted yesterday. got some things right I guess. The date is obviously wrong.

The new hero and map will be coming to the PTR on the 6th of June, as the anniversary event ends. Good timing to keep people playing after the event.

Hero:
The new hero is a Chimpanzee with cybernetic enhancements.
He is a support hero.
His abilities include placing anchor points that connect to form a barrier and placing a stun beacon.
The barrier drops after taking too much damage, but unless an anchor point is destroyed, it comes back up.

Map:
The new map is based inside the Horizon Lunar Colony.
It is a 2CP map, and you fight to secure the control room, and an air-lock.
There are a few small areas where gravity is reduced.

Animated Short:
A new animated short will be released to show off the new map and hero. It will take place on the colony, and will be narrated during flashbacks by the new hero.
It will show what happened on the colony and how Winston ended up on Earth.

Misc:
A few new skins will be added to the normal loot pool, the best of which include astronaut suits.
Spaced themed voice lines and sprays will also be put into the loot pool. Tracer gets a cool Portal reference voice line.
Custom games will now have a gravity setting.
The Mei origin story has been pushed back for a more favoured hero.

I'm not sure they'd release a new hero this soon when it's not in the PTR. E3 reveal maybe.

HMD

Reaper buff sounds OP. But his entire concept as a character sounds OP if you never played the game, so I don't really know.

NeoRaider

And THANK GOD for Hog nerf!!
Had a match today where he one shot killed me who knows how many times! And also with his alt fire not just using his hook. Nerf that shit.

Top Bottom