• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Anne

They might as well have just deleted Roadhog with those nerfs holy shit.

d5223abe2d.png

i'm torn. my friends and skins are on ps4 but now i'm terrible with a ds4 and i feel like i have way more fun and more of an impact on pc.

I was in the same position last year. I started on PS4 and had fun but wasn't very good. I switched to PC in October and my contribution to the game went up 100 fold and from there I've improved.
Unfortunately a friend who plays it all the time (self employed) won't switch off PS4 because he claims he'll never be good with kb/m.

It sucks but we still both talk about the game all the time. I used to go back and play a few matches with him but had to stop doing that because I felt impotent when back on console and couldn't justify the time not having fun when I could be playing where I do.

LiK

They added Oni Genji and Officer D.Va to classic lootboxes in PTR already. Wow, should've have wasted time playing HOTS.

They might as well have just deleted Roadhog with those nerfs holy shit.

Was...anybody complaining about Roadhog? I don't understand why this change even happened.

They added Oni Genji and Officer D.Va to classic lootboxes in PTR already. Wow, should've have wasted time playing HOTS.

Huzzah! Being lazy once again works out in my favor! Take that ambition!

catspit

Reaper and McCree finally got some buffs and rework.

Yup, doesn't matter at all. I never lost all matches tho. I lost 7 and still placed in Diamond. It's mainly based on MMR and personal performance.

HAHA, this is amazing.

I guess the biggest issue then would be people on your team leaving.. Which means your getting killed more often and or sitting there waiting for other team to win... Would tank your personal MMR.. Maybe I will try to get in a 6 stack so I don't have to worry about leavers

Pooya

reaper change is nice, now tanks will have to run away even if you're low. That's great.

deadeye needed a buff ages ago, I'm not sure if this is good enough. I guess now 200hp heroes are unlikely to escape if caught in open.

roadhog damage nerf is huge, I think reaper should be favored now and that's the entire point of all of these changes. It was ridiculous that reaper didn't counter hog. Maybe even if you're hooked you win 1v1 now?

Yep. Wheh my deaths exceed 5, I'm having a bad game. 0-2 is The Sweet Spot.

Damn... I was gonna say over 5 is bad? Obviously there's a ton of variables and I know backline characters (widow, torb, bastion, etc) and to some extent the flankers (tracer, sombra, genji) die ~less because they're not always in the middle of the action, but 0-2 usually doesn't happen for me unless it's an absolute steamroll.

Then I saw your stats and it tells a slightly different story. ;) I only say this because even plat/GM/master characters can average 5 deaths. KDR is this game fortunately isn't the main metric like in so many other FPS's. (Not that I love the ranking system as it is now)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
YES PIGGY GET FUCKED!!

Looks like meta is back to McCree and Reaper.

RIP Soldier lol

Hog is going to be a liability now, since if you hook a Tracer/McCree on current patch and don't land your combo for some reason, that's your ass.

Shitty.

Reaper with life leech is pretty crazy. I did not see that change coming.

Anne

I don't think the Reaper buff is as huge as people think it is. It makes him better at his job and I bet he makes it into comps against trip tank or with Sombra+ Reaper type stuff. I still think his mobility issues mean he won't make a huge splash in current meta. At least he might be seen as more than just an EMP combo bot.

Chance

Damn... I was gonna say over 5 is bad? Obviously there's a ton of variables and I know backline characters (widow, torb, bastion, etc) and to some extent the flankers (tracer, sombra, genji) die ~less because they're not always in the middle of the action, but 0-2 usually doesn't happen for me unless it's an absolute steamroll.

Then I saw your stats and it tells a slightly different story. ;) I only say this because even plat/GM/master characters can average 5 deaths. KDR is this game fortunately isn't the main metric like in so many other FPS's. (Not that I love the ranking system as it is now)

Lol I never said I'm not going over 5 deaths per match - just that that tends to be the tipping point, and 0-2 indicates a very good match.

I'm mid-gold and proud of it, as a gamer who never touched multiplayer shooters 'till Overwatch - but I have good days!

Over five and it's usually a down-and-out scrap (which can be hugely fun, win or lose). Over 10 and it's very unlikely that we'll win >.<

Gorillaz

They finally made hog have 5 shots which i wanted since launch but that trade off lmao

Reaper passive update is definitely interesting. Reaper in 2017 can no longer be s joke I make now wow.
nah I'll still make fun of reaper picks

I don't think the Reaper buff is as huge as people think it is. It makes him better at his job and I bet he makes it into comps against trip tank or with Sombra+ Reaper type stuff. I still think his mobility issues mean he won't make a huge splash in current meta. At least he might be seen as more than just an EMP combo bot.

His initiation still sucks.

Yeah after thinking about it, the change is good but not crazy. Against a full HP Roadhog w/ heal, he has to do 900 damage which = 180 health for him, which makes it a 430 to 900 health matchup. And that's the max health he can get back in a 1v1. Meanwhile killing a 200 HP hero only nets him 40 HP.

It's not drastic enough to make him OP but it'll change how he's played a bit. I'm interested to know how the health recovered is generated - if he does a 100 damage burst to a hero with 5 HP left, does he get 20 HP back or 1?

Chance

Yeah after thinking about it, the change is good but not crazy. Against a full HP Roadhog w/ heal, he has to do 900 damage which = 180 health for him, which makes it a 430 to 900 health matchup. And that's the max health he can get back in a 1v1. Meanwhile killing a 200 HP hero only nets him 40 HP.

It's not drastic enough to make him OP but it'll change how he's played a bit. I'm interested to know how the health recovered is generated - if he does a 100 damage burst to a hero with 5 HP left, does he get 20 HP back or 1?

1. It says "20% of damage done."

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
i don't see how this would bump soldier out of the meta in favor of mccree

I was joking, it's always when somebody gets buffed people instantly say rip to the other guy that got nerfed, in this case Soldier.

They are finally splitting hero damage and barrier damage. Also adding combined season statistics and showing most played heroes across all modes and seasons.

I think his kit still needs a bit more tweaking but this does make him more survivable, which is an improvement.

Weird, Roadhog was still a problem for people? Heh. Reaper change is pretty interesting, having a life leech offense character will be cool. Though with the way they're going I'm surprised they didn't buff shields and healing on top of all this.

DPS players about to be exposed with these changes:

• The “Damage Done” statistic has been replaced with “Hero Damage Done” in multiple locations
  • A new “Barrier Damage Done” statistic has been added to the Statistics section of the Career Profile, as well as an “All Damage Done” statistic, which combines damage done to barriers and heroes

Nepenthe

Started a match with a Lucio pick talking shit about someone choosing Widowmaker. He said "please contribute this time." I told them to back off and we should just have fun. It's casual play. Seriously.

Tell me why the Lucio couldn't read a match to save his life, and keep using speed boost when we were on attack in Assault, leaving us to get shredded? Like, I shouldn't be dying as Orisa if you're around. Don't speed boost me when I'm engaged just because you want to rush a point instead of waiting on us to clear the point out.

"Please contribute." The fuckface.

Top Bottom