• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Owzers

Grinded out the arcade loot with Pinku and Owzers in 3v3 Started off horribly, but we got better as time went on. And I actually didn't hate it. It's not so bad with everyone trying and the games go quick.

I'll be back for the start of comp tomorrow, we'll make a 6 stack for placements.
Winston, Lucio, tracer
Rein, Ana, hog
Why do we need three rounds I hope they fall off a cliff.

Got the Orisa sit emote and Cyborg 76 (my first event skin and my favorite Soldier legendary by far) in the same box after winning 3 mystery heroes games in a row

1f64c.png

Well I've got all three of the free loot boxes for winning modes. Now it's just the regular arcade grind to see if I get anything good in the next two weeks I guess.

Well I've got all three of the free loot boxes for winning modes. Now it's just the regular arcade grind to see if I get anything good in the next two weeks I guess.
Wasn't the ctf win box from like right after CNY?

also sometimes you've gotta shake your head at mystery heroes

dude with 2 stars and the event sym skin placing a teleporter right before the door of death on attack hanamura point a

like, what

Blues1990

After waiting for these suckers in the mail, my Hyper X Cloud II headset have finally arrived at my door step.

No more typing in the chat to communicate with my teammates for me. Now I'm cookin' with gas!

Jblanks

I've never done placements in the first week of a season. Will probably change that now, I want to get master quick so I can start playing some of these other games I got. I always believed I would be playing a lot against top players during the first few days.

lupinko

Lol I almost bought Overwatch right now, but the PS app hates PayPal as I was short two bucks.

Dunno if I'll buy it when I get home.

Gorillaz

Lol I almost bought Overwatch right now, but the PS app hates PayPal as I was short two bucks.

Dunno if I'll buy it when I get home.
I legit missed the sony promotion part of your comment last time lol my fault.

I think I remember seeing you in the study abroad/jet thread awhile back so I assume your talking about the Japan ps store? Paypal on the us side shouldn't have hook ups surprised if Japan store does.

I could be completely off base again tho lmao

Cappa

Banned
3v3 with cappa did not go well....I am losing faith in this mode.
Lol didn't help that our teammates would leave chat as soon as we moved to team chat. You spooked them with your scary voice.

What time does comp unlock? Hope it's early enough to get in a few games with you guys

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
i don't get why you guys spend so much time in mystery heroes.

Get two friends and get into elimination. I learn more there then I do in any other mode. Especially with the lockout variant.

Become awesome at overwatch deathmatch and it will improve your comp game guaranteed.

Banzai

What are some strong hero combos to take advantage of in s5? I'm most likely gonna 2/3-stack with friends. They're gold, I'm plat.

Ana-Soldier is still strong, even post-nerf, right?
I'm thinking Pharah-Mercy-Zarya should still be extremely strong on our level.
A friend and I wanna go Winston-Zenyatta most of the time because we're sick of hearing the words "Helden sterben nicht".

Recreat3

I think i have a new main in lucio. Going to try him out in my season 5 placement matches but i feel unstoppable with him. Also really fun to use and obviously the healing he can do + speed boost to get your team out of a sticky situation. Does t hurt that he is really fun to play.

Blues1990

What are some strong hero combos to take advantage of in s5? I'm most likely gonna 2/3-stack with friends. They're gold, I'm plat.

Ana-Soldier is still strong, even post-nerf, right?
I'm thinking Pharah-Mercy-Zarya should still be extremely strong on our level.
A friend and I wanna go Winston-Zenyatta most of the time because we're sick of hearing the words "Helden sterben nicht".

Zarya and Hanzo has always been a good go-to combo, provided that both parties know how to play both respective heroes.

Ana-Soldier is still a strong combo, regardless of the Soldier and Ana nerfs.

Pharah and Tracer can dictate the course of the battle, so finding good combos for those two would be a worthwhile investment.

Banzai

Zarya and Hanzo has always been a good go-to combo, provided that both parties know how to play both respective heroes.

Ana-Soldier is still a strong combo, regardless of the Soldier and Ana nerfs.

Pharah and Tracer can dictate the course of the battle, so finding good combos for those two would be a worthwhile investment.

Except you get fewer people complaining if you pick Pharah+Zarya instead of Hanzo+Zarya :p

I enabled a different highlight animation for D.Va but for some reason she keeps showing the heroic one when she should be doing the lying around. How come?

Are you sure you didn't get Emotes and Highlight Intros mixed up?

I think you can only equip 1 Highlight Intro at a time (or pick random), but you can equip 4 Emotes at once.

Are you sure you didn't get Emotes and Highlight Intros mixed up?

I think you can only equip 1 Highlight Intro at a time (or pick random), but you can equip 4 Emotes at once.

Sounds like you have it set to random.... Er are you talking about emotes or highlight intros?

Highlight intros is when you are in the character select screen and you just stand on a character, right? I just tried it for both D.Va and Zenyatta and they don't change. I know emotes are for during gameplay.

For some reason these highlight intros are written in purple.

Filben

Nope. Highlight intros are the ones you see at the play of the game. Emote victory pose is the emote you see at the end of a round you have won. And emotes are the one you can do within normal gameplay.

Character selection screen only one, non-changeable animation.

Nope. Highlight intros are the ones you see at the play of the game. Emote victory pose is the emote you see at the end of a round you have won. And emotes are the one you can do within normal gameplay.

Oooooh I see now. It wasn't really clear to me yet. So the animations for character select don't change at all? Good to know. Thanks man.

Cappa

Banned
Highlight intros is when you are in the character select screen and you just stand on a character, right? I just tried it for both D.Va and Zenyatta and they don't change. I know emotes are for during gameplay.

For some reason these highlight intros are written in purple.
Im still not sure what you mean but

Emotes are things you can do in game the default is "heroic" and than you can unlock others that including sitting, dancing etc. You access them in game by either mapping them to a button or just bringing up the wheel.

Victory poses are exactly what they sound like , when you win a game the victory pose you have selected in the hero gallery is what will appear at the end of the match "victory" screen.

Highlight intros are short videos that play when you have a "play of the game" at the end of the match or when you view your highlights.

You can preview any one of those three in the hero gallery so I'm not sure what you mean by they do nothing in character select screen

Wasn't the ctf win box from like right after CNY?

Yeah. I guess they redid the free loot box for anniversary purposes because I don't think they changed CTF at all.

Get two friends and get into elimination. I learn more there then I do in any other mode. Especially with the lockout variant.

Become awesome at overwatch deathmatch and it will improve your comp game guaranteed.

Mystery Heroes is better for solo queueing.

And even then 3v3 can be optimized into certain groups of three. It's probably better to go to 1v1 and learn solo matchups that way as 1v1s could translate into useful skills in regular matches.

It can be kinda hard to gauge your progress as a hero at times. I feel confident in playing Mercy/Ana (Ana needs a warmup for that unscoped accuracy) and Reinhardt in Comp, but I've been practicing Pharah to offer something more. I get gold damage and gold elims in Quick Play, and the few times I've taken it into Comp i'm usually gold or silver, but I'm still not sure...

Definetley not someone I'll be playing in placements out of choice :p

Filben

It can be kinda hard to gauge your progress as a hero at times. I feel confident in playing Mercy/Ana (Ana needs a warmup for that unscoped accuracy) and Reinhardt in Comp, but I've been practicing Pharah to offer something more. I get gold damage and gold elims in Quick Play, and the few times I've taken it into Comp i'm usually gold or silver, but I'm still not sure...

Definetley not someone I'll be playing in placements out of choice :p
I know what you mean. I'm playing a lot with Sombra lately and often get gold elims and damage. However, it's so hard to time her ult perfectly. I'm not quite sure if I would be comfortable playing her competitive. She's one of those heroes who get the heat of your team mates at first. Even in quick play "omg sombra" "nice ult sombra" "why didn't you get on point?". People tend to reflect their own incompetence more often on you when playing specific heroes.

LiK

Mystery Heroes was a stomp last night until the last two blips and then we had some of the worst fucking random hero picks. I guess the game decided to kill our win streak by giving me my least played heroes constantly. It never gave me Soldier which was just stupid while the enemy team had like 2 Orisas and 2 D.vas so yea, that was "fun:. Can't believe it gave us 3 stupid Widows all at once in that one map.

komaruR

Mystery Heroes was a stomp last night until the last two blips and then we had some of the worst fucking random hero picks. I guess the game decided to kill our win streak by giving me my least played heroes constantly. It never gave me Soldier which was just stupid while the enemy team had like 2 Orisas and 2 D.vas so yea, that was "fun:. Can't believe it gave us 3 stupid Widows all at once in that one map.
I joined and you left. We won 2 of 2 MH tho. We won with a bunch of support on def numbani first point lol. Then we manage to cap first point with little time left. Snowballed them til last stretch. We start getting some better rolls and won the game.
The worse was we played TM and those mei zarya dva stalling on route 66... Atleast we won.

So had the best and worst of 3v3s. In a good way.

The enemy Mei became like something out of Alien, complete with motion detectors in the vents, as she stalked our team in a 3v1 (and killed us with aimbot-precision headshots)...but then on a later game I turned into a Hunter-Killer Pharah, 1v3'd t he enemy team, tense but fun.

when you play a 6 man group with a streamer on nepal. we lose first round. commented with a twitch link. other team was like why would they go watch a team lose. so next 2 rounds we win. lul.
they tried to cheese so hard with their picks with a sym, rein, bastion, orisa.

So when does competitive launch today? I'd like to do placements with GAF but it's only 9:30 AM and I'm already tired. This does not bode well for my reflexes later.

So when does competitive launch today? I'd like to do placements with GAF but it's only 9:30 AM and I'm already tired. This does not bode well for my reflexes later.

Not sure but I can only group up later tonight I'm at my first day of my new job today. Who else will be available later? I'm only willing to do a full 6 stack if we're going to do placements on the first day.

Not sure but I can only group up later tonight I'm at my first day of my new job today. Who else will be available later? I'm only willing to do a full 6 stack if we're going to do placements on the first day.

I'll be on after 6 PM. I'd be willing to six stack for placements for a few rounds at least. Dunno if I'll want to do all of them today. Especially since hardcore six stacks will probably be prowling.

not at home but there's a countdown in game under rank.

Yeah I'm not at home either. I don't even know why I asked - I'm stuck at work until 5 regardless of when competitive goes live.

Edit:
Comp starts in 9 hours and 7 minutes from this post.

Awesome, thanks. So 7 PM EST. Hmmmmm, interesting. Well that'll give me time to warm up in QP I suppose.

Doing off-season Comp with friend atm...absolutely stomping as Pharah. Why can't this be placements :p

Edit: Not so much on Ilios. I ain't ready for Pharah in Comp

Lol

LifEndz

I think I'm tired of solo q'ing in comp as I really want to hit diamond this season. Do any of you guys/gals that play on console have any good LFG sites to recommend? I've browsed this thread and haven't really seen much in the way of lfg as I did in (for example) the Destiny threads.

Edit: Just discovered the NeoGaf list in the OP. Going to add all the people that play around the same time I do. Thanks!

AbaFadi

Banned
I think I'm tired of solo q'ing in comp as I really want to hit diamond this season. Do any of you guys/gals that play on console have any good LFG sites to recommend? I've browsed this thread and haven't really seen much in the way of lfg as I did in (for example) the Destiny threads.

You can group up with people here. The ps4 community is pretty active here I think, assuming you play on ps4.

LiK

Man, I'm gonna be at work until 5 hours after the season starts

Day 1 placements ain't that great anyways.

You don't need LFG when you have this thread. Just ask people to group up.

Top Bottom