• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

rulerk1

Seems like everyone gets salty in mystery heroes. Everyone leaves the second the match is over win or lose

I can immediately tell when I'm going to lose on Total Mayhem just by seeing what everyone on my team picks
I see so many hanzo picks during that mode. I just don't get it

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Had a funny moment as Pharah during Attack on Volskaya QP where I planned to spawn camp the enemy Sym and it snowballed into spawn camping the Soldier, Hanzo and Sym and then we got the quick 2nd cap for the easy W. Felt good.

LiK

No not you I mean the other team. It's always a ghost town lol

Oh yea, people wanna win for lootboxes really badly. I was getting frustrated with our random hero picks in Hollywood. Funny how we ended up with multiple Orisas and Meis in Defense instead and they got Symms. Not so random.

Got 29 Lootboxes
Got 2 legendary anniversary skins for my two mains (Pharah and D.va) though i also got a dupe of D.va and right after that i got a legendary Bastion (the one i wanted) also picked up a leg for Rein and 1520 currency. In addition to other stuff i haven't payed too much attention to. All i want now is Sentai Genji but im close to being​ able to buy that out right.
Edit: also have probably most of the anniversary emotes and voice lines now it seems.

Heysoos

first time I lose on defense on total mayhem because people kept trying to fucking do some weird defense setups that don't work on this mode

Oh no that Zen totally deserved those votes guys.

Oh, god, this is my life, but from the other side. I play with my (tween) daughter and her (tween) friends a lot these days, and they always quote me with "Always vote for your healers." as they vote for my Zen over the Solo-Q player on our team with all the Golds who carried their sorry (tween) asses- 'cause I guarantee it wasn't me or the tweeny-boppers carrying. I just Discorded whoever it was that poor, magnificent, carrying bastard was targeting.

Tweens have no souls.

rulerk1

That was the worst round no doubt. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw our comp of 3 widows and a hanzo. The rng needs to be changed

The people that tryhard and get salty in QP/Arcade modes make me laugh so hard. Those modes are supposed to be casual for a reason. I don't mind someone making callouts in voice and trying to strategize in QP but getting upset over a teammate not using their ult efficiently or something just blows my mind. How can you get mad at MYSTERY HEROES? The game can decide to give your team three Mercy's and the enemy team four Sombra's. What is there to get mad at lmao.

but here's the thing tho. we can't control how other players do their job. ppl can be stubborn or just bad in Plat or other ranks.
It's more thinking about how yourself can get things done. If I got rein, I feel like my destiny is under your teams hand on if they can break rein shield or not. What if the enemy break my shield first? I'm just trying to take the initiative here, instead being passive.

This is a great decision we're having tho. The sole reason I made the post was to have some kind of group decision and also guessing what I did to get things done. :p
Your decision is not wrong too and I did thought of those possibility which still in the end I chose what I choose to have a more active role rather than passive one.

My personal team-first thought was Orisa. Stagger her barrier and lay down suppressing fire, or just be a big old target while your team cleans up.
But really, I would pick D.Va and bully in the backfield. Because I'm selfish, and love nothing more than bullying Torbs and Hanzos and Supports as D.Va.

I'm low Gold at best, though, so maybe things change at Plat? This was a fun mental exercise, thanks!

komaruR

My personal team-first thought was Orisa. Stagger her barrier and lay down suppressing fire, or just be a big old target while your team cleans up.
But really, I would pick D.Va and bully in the backfield. Because I'm selfish, and love nothing more than bullying Torbs and Hanzos and Supports as D.Va.

I'm low Gold at best, though, so maybe things change at Plat? This was a fun mental exercise, thanks!

lol, np.
Dva can work too. But best be a distraction to force the enemy split up from the choke to fight you and now it depends on if your team can seize the opportunity to push in against the rein or not.
The other outcome could be the enemy rein wont budge and the enemy team will focus you down if you are alone.

Xeteh

The difference between two games.

First game, we're losing...

"fuck my ****** ass team can't kill a fucking turret" while I killed two as Pharah... not gonna repeat his garbage. He then proceeds to spout of worse shit before rage quitting.

Next game...

I get Mei, they have a Tracer. Last point of Kings Row and she blinks right in to a hole. We laugh in all chat. The POTG shows the same death, I make a joke about it again... she says it was the first, she did it again as Widow.

I love that people can laugh at their mistakes... I hate that there are people that think online games are their fucking soapbox for hatred. I'm glad people like the Tracer exist.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Time to go to bed and be ready for placement matches tomorrow! I only duo queue so I'd be happy with 6-4 or 7-3, although with the amount of assholes and trolls that play this game I'd take 5-5.

Heysoos

5 loot boxes today, all blues and white except for this last one got one purple, and it was a duplicate rein intro. I'm done

4/5 had duplicates too

lol, np.
Dva can work too. But best be a distraction to force the enemy split up from the choke to fight you and now it depends on if your team can seize the opportunity to push in against the rein or not.
The other outcome could be the enemy rein wont budge and the enemy team will focus you down if you are alone.

As long as I get to kill the Hanzo and Torb each time before I die, my team can die of starvation in the choke for all I care. Because I'm a Zen main, and fuck Hanzo and fuck Torb.

I need this.

Chance

The difference between two games.

First game, we're losing...

"fuck my ****** ass team can't kill a fucking turret" while I killed two as Pharah... not gonna repeat his garbage. He then proceeds to spout of worse shit before rage quitting.

Next game...

I get Mei, they have a Tracer. Last point of Kings Row and she blinks right in to a hole. We laugh in all chat. The POTG shows the same death, I make a joke about it again... she says it was the first, she did it again as Widow.

I love that people can laugh at their mistakes... I hate that there are people that think online games are their fucking soapbox for hatred. I'm glad people like the Tracer exist.

I'm one of these folks who'll hear "it's hiiiiigh..." right before our team gets hit with Sombra's EMP and say "oh my God that was gorgeous."

I believe it pisses off my teammates, but c'mon - give props when they're due.

hypernima

Banned
The games with antitrop tonight, pure lulz.
I'm gonna play Zen next season, which conflicts me because I hate the character down to my very core.

Blues1990

HENSHIN!!

I love the new genji voice lines so much.

I've using the skin just because of them even though I don't really like the looks of the hands/shuriken.

WACHA!! BREAK THE LIMIT!!

It wouldn't surprise me that most, if not all, of Genji's new voice lines for his skin are references to a multitude of Tokusatsu superhero shows. Genji's "Unbreakable Body" voice line is most likely a reference to Juuken Sentai Geki Ranger.

Top Bottom