• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

After some thinking about the new balance changes...

-Roadhog seems very different. He's going to be even better at breaking shields but his hook combo just got massively nerfed. I can't predict his future viability right now, but I'm worried for him if the one major aspect of his kit gets changed this drastically.

-McCree will be a bit better as he will now contest the hitscan slot with Soldier more heavily. Which one will be better will likely depend on the enemy's team comp although I still think Soldier is the overall better hero. McCree's lack of movement skills will still be his biggest problem.

-I'm quite high on Reaper right now. His sustain in team fights will be much higher now and he will be dominate if he can get in close. Where he still struggles is his relative lack of mobility and complete lack in range. However, at the pro level I think he can be combed with Lucio's speed boost to great effect. I'm not one to predict massive changes in hero usage but I think he's going to pop up more.

These are just some thoughts from your average Master to Grandmaster console player, I'm excited to see how the patch plays out over the coming weeks.

'leak' from 4chan, posted yesterday. got some things right I guess. The date is obviously wrong.

I'm not sure they'd release a new hero this soon when it's not in the PTR. E3 reveal maybe.

Based on how they release things, June will be Horizon, July will be the new hero.

They will probably announce the new hero closer to the middle/end of June, I think E3 would be too soon.

Lol people complaining about Roadhog right click like it's even remotely feasible.

It's impossible to land a sweet spot kill 99% of the time.

Anne

Lol people complaining about Roadhog right click like it's even remotely feasible.

It's impossible to land a sweet spot kill 99% of the time.

Do you mean on live or on PTR? Because on live people do that shit consistently on a game-to-game basis. On PTR it's a lot harder to do now yeah orz.

xaosslug

so, basically... peeps can now death blossom w/o fear. What a clustrefuck. xD

They added Oni Genji and Officer D.Va to classic lootboxes in PTR already. Wow, should've have wasted time playing HOTS.

eh, I'd say the hours playing HotS vs. the chance you'll get either to drop from a lootbox balances everything out. LOL

now, if they made 'em purchasable w/ gold... then we'd be talking!

HMD

They really wanna kill Rein without absolutely destroying him. I'll enjoy the inevitable Rein/Orisa/Hammond teams in 2CP.

What? If you got the spacing down you could land a max damage shot pretty reliably. Not 99% of the time but more often than not.

This comment could literally apply to any hero, especially widow.

Nimby

Banned
This 2CP map might be actually good? 2nd point has a lot of options for the offense, spawns for defense seem close but you actually spawn far back.

The Horizon map preview video got me thinking about Overwatch's overall narrative.

I've always found it fascinating that the actual game takes place specifically AFTER the Overwatch organization peaked and got disbanded, and just in the moment of a ragtag group of former OW agents, Talon people, and just powerful people who have nothing really to do with OW start to coalesce. The release of this new map inches forward the narrative by just a little bit. They now have to go back to Winston's birthplace for undisclosed reasons.

Do you guys think the story will continue to "creep" along at this space, or a few years down the line we'll see some "major" event that moves forward the story? Kind of like a Phase 2. We see Talon's plans advance, we find out what Sombra is trying to do, that kind of thing.

Based on how they release things, June will be Horizon, July will be the new hero.

They will probably announce the new hero closer to the middle/end of June, I think E3 would be too soon.

They could have waited for E3 to release the new map if that was all they were going to announce in June. Since E3 is in two weeks, that's perfect timing to test out the map by itself and release it, then announce the new character at E3, show it off in builds only at E3 for people there, and then put it on PTR for the public after E3 towards the end of June.

Phu

Banned
Reaper having life steal is cool and all, but I really liked the concept of the orbs, like he was actually reaping and collecting souls. Even if they dramatically decreased the health they gave, I wish they could've been left in.

They really wanna kill Rein without absolutely destroying him. I'll enjoy the inevitable Rein/Orisa/Hammond teams in 2CP.

This comment could literally apply to any hero, especially widow.

Yeah, but it was sort of crazy how Roadhog can do over 200 damage a shot with his alt-fire at a semi-reasonable pace

They could have waited for E3 to release the new map if that was all they were going to announce in June. Since E3 is in two weeks, that's perfect timing to test out the map by itself and release it, then announce the new character at E3, show it off in builds only at E3 for people there, and then put it on PTR for the public after E3 towards the end of June.

They probably are going to release the new map at E3 time.

Also I don't know how much a new character registers for the mainstream press at E3.

Edit: Apparently the Overwatch team won't even be at E3

antitrop

eh, I'd say the hours playing HotS vs. the chance you'll get either to drop from a lootbox balances everything out. LOL

now, if they made 'em purchasable w/ gold... then we'd be talking!

Oni Genji and Officer D.Va can be purchased for 1000 coins on the PTR.

OTsktn4.png

Even if Hogs changes in the PTR don't stick, he will eventually get some sort of nerf. He shouldn't be able to be Reaper, but better in every way. These changes are great for Reaper, he may not be competitive, but thats a hella good change. I actually can't wait to play him. I also really love Roadhog, but he is just sooo good not to nerf.

Lmao at Blizzard already releasing officer D.Va skin.
But she already got superior skin so... whatever.

It does feel a bit bullshit people sat through a game for the skins only for it to almost immediately make its way to the loot pool. I mean I ended up liking HotS after finishing the Nexus 2.0 challenge but others will probably be super pissed their more exclusive reward is not so exclusive almost immediately after. Also something horrible about them adding these 2 "Nexus event" skins to the normal loot pool and not the actual event skins.

Holy shit, I miss so much with this new sleep schedule.

2CP :'( but the map looks cool. I'm sure I'll at least enjoy the honeymoon period, and new content is good.

Reaper and McCree please kill Soldier. I'd way rather play those two.

Roadhog already felt blah tbh. We'll never return to season one Hog, killing him completely (for me) is fine. I've been enjoying Dva more anyway. But sad for Harbleu, and I won't enjoy watching him as much if he only plays Zarya.

Tracer gonna be better? Cool

New support hero? cool. More barriers? :/ but don't know anything about him technically. Looking forward to the reveal.

I need my squad tonight. I'll have 3 hours after the season starts to finish placements, don't let me down.

rulerk1

I'm playing solo q comp with masters and high diamonds. They are so angry

And lol at another roadhog nerf. Why do others get mad when they get outplayed :(

Edit: got banned for leaving when it said I could do so. Broken ass mode

Gorillaz

Surprised they won't even be at e3 just for the circle jerk of them making such a big splash on consoles with their first FPS

Also im dying that DVAs skin is already coming out. I wonder if they looked and the numbers didn't matter in terms of who all played since alot of people got the game just for the police skin.

Yukinari

Surprised they won't even be at e3 just for the circle jerk of them making such a big splash on consoles with their first FPS

Also im dying that DVAs skin is already coming out. I wonder if they looked and the numbers didn't matter in terms of who all played since alot of people got the game just for the police skin.

Pretty much what that entire Nexus 2.0 thread was about.

"I dont wanna play this garbage anymore just give me the skin"

Alucrid

Banned
But they did? Reduce his hitbox size which did wonders for Winston and gave him an extra bullet which means more time you need to stay away from him before he reloads and you go in

he still has no mitigation abilities and is just as much of an ult farm as before. shrinking his headshot hitbox a bit isn't going to change his function at all, he's just going to worse at what he does now. winston's real buff was the bubble cooldown.

New map looks cool even if it is 2CP. That Reaper buff, lawd. Played a lot of him back in Season 1 but only in QP since.

Think I'm going to wait a day or two before doing placements. I spent the last bit of S4 getting back in Diamond after a horrendous loss streak after reaching a career high. So not ready to see me start in Plat again. Unless me being in Diamond two seasons straight now means the game will be kind to me and start me there? Please.

LiK

I'm playing solo q comp with masters and high diamonds. They are so angry

And lol at another roadhog nerf. Why do others get mad when they get outplayed :(

Edit: got banned for leaving when it said I could do so. Broken ass mode

LOL, sounds like fun. Day one is when all the hardcore guys play.

If that hero leak is true, then it may confirm what I've long suspected...

Overwatch is set in the same universe as Congo, a Congoverse as I've suspected.

Congo_film_poster.jpg

Top Bottom