• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I'm available but I still dunno if I wanna play on the first night and/or not solo q ; (

Also that gaming side thread is great for crying and laughing

Apharmd

Would anyone like to group up on PS4 Overwatch for competitive rankings? I play an okay Soldier 76/Reinhardt/Winston. Lucio in a pinch. I float in the 2200-2400 area, would really like to hit Platinum this season.

Filben

his one note hook n' shoot gimmick I've never been fond of.
I'd like to see his hook as a tool to reposition you, getting you from dangerous angles up close to the enemy team. Often you're punished enough, being pulled away from your team (hitbox is very forgiving, too). I think the mechanic of a free kill doesn't suit a tank and being forced to become a observer isn't cool either in any game.

I mean if Widow/McCree get a well timed headshot and kills you, it's that. BAM, dead. Done with it. But getting hooked puts you in that 'passive' mode, watching your death coming straight up. Or being frozen by Mei who has questionable strength, too, because practically no need for reload, freeze AND damage, ice shot with a very forgiving hitbox on enemies (the amount of times I hit enemies with her where I was like 'no way that could hit' and than I play McCree or Widow and be like 'wtf, that was so much of a hit!'; or I see the ice shot flying by in my first person view and still get hit), and an ultimate that freezes within a very short amount of time, through walls and vertically and do damage. On top of that she can heal herself and not only that but block incoming damage while doing so.

No pro genji, tracer or what ever triggers me so often than Roadhog and Mei. Maybe it's not OP and it's totally legit, but it's not fun, however.

Would anyone like to group up on PS4 Overwatch for competitive rankings? I play an okay Soldier 76/Reinhardt/Winston. Lucio in a pinch. I float in the 2200-2400 area, would really like to hit Platinum this season.

Hey I'd be down for getting a group together. My SR is ~2400 and I mainly play tanks and support.

I'm down to play competitive on ps4 now if there are any groups. I've mostly solo queue' d Platinum these past two seasons 2600 something at my highest doing it like that.

My best characters are Zen, Sombra, Pharah, Orisa, Zarya, Winston, Sym

I don't have a mic but am pretty good at reading other people's positions and flexing that situational and environmental awareness.

Anyhow PSN: Incitesyne

👾

Maximo

Roadhog nerfs, YAS!
giphy.gif

The problem is these types of thoughts are common on all different heroes and lead to unnecessary nerfs.
True, if it were down to the entire group I play with Genji would've have been nerfed into the floor, through the earth and propelled out the other side with such force that he'd be forcefully ejected from the planets atmosphere.
Or at least a longer deflect cooldown, in any case he'd be useless.

Makes me wonder if there are people out there who think my boy Zenny should have cooldowns on his discords.

I'd like to see his hook as a tool to reposition you, getting you from dangerous angles up close to the enemy team. Often you're punished enough, being pulled away from your team (hitbox is very forgiving, too). I think the mechanic of a free kill doesn't suit a tank and being forced to become a observer isn't cool either in any game.

I mean if Widow/McCree get a well timed headshot and kills you, it's that. BAM, dead. Done with it. But getting hooked puts you in that 'passive' mode, watching your death coming straight up. Or being frozen by Mei who has questionable strength, too, because practically no need for reload, freeze AND damage, ice shot with a very forgiving hitbox on enemies (the amount of times I hit enemies with her where I was like 'no way that could hit' and than I play McCree or Widow and be like 'wtf, that was so much of a hit!'; or I see the ice shot flying by in my first person view and still get hit), and an ultimate that freezes within a very short amount of time, through walls and vertically and do damage. On top of that she can heal herself and not only that but block incoming damage while doing so.

No pro genji, tracer or what ever triggers me so often than Roadhog and Mei. Maybe it's not OP and it's totally legit, but it's not fun, however.

I'm oddly more forgiving of Mei though I totally get where you're coming from, I think the difference is that hook and shoot is just so much easier and safer than freeze and snipe.

disagree tbh

safer maybe since you don't have to be as close

My train of thought is that to pull off Mei's equivalent you have to have isolated someone (or the victims teammates are currently oblivious to their plight), basically it's more easily interrupted.
As such Mei's usefulness decreases as the level of play gets higher and player awareness stronger.

but each to their own.

My train of thought is that to pull off Mei's equivalent you have to have isolated someone (or the victims teammates are currently oblivious to their plight), basically it's more easily interrupted.
As such Mei's usefulness decreases as the level of play gets higher and player awareness stronger.

but each to their own.

yeah like that's what I meant

it's not as "safe" but in 1v1 situations it's "easier" because it doesn't require as much aiming lol

randome

Same, I wanna hit platinum this season. I got close in s4 but not quite there. If you guys wanna play pm me your psn names!

ISOM

I really don't get the Roadhog nerfs combined with the Reaper buffs. It's like you're making Reaper more viable while taking away one of his counters. It's like Blizzard can't do changes in moderation. .So now it's about to be Reaper season

I really don't get the Roadhog nerfs combined with the Reaper buffs. It's like you're making Reaper more viable while taking away one of his counters. It's like Blizzard can't do changes in moderation. .So now it's about to be Reaper season

More like flankers in general tbh.

There was absolutely no reason to nerf Hog. Tracer and Genji stay winning.

This. My life as a support player is about to get a lot more difficult.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Did you do arena in WoW? Huge balance swings and 'let's see how it goes' is the norm.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I feel like since the game has come out there's been a few heroes that get touched on a lot, originally it was McCree until they hit a good spot, they've done heavier reworks to Sym/Bastion/Dva, Roadhog went under a whole bunch of changes and after the hook CD nerf felt like he was more in line finally.

Now out of nowhere they just basically trash everything. There's no reason for the hook CD to be that long if it doesn't even lead to a kill now, it takes so much work they put into the character and trashes it. It's extremely questionable balance design if they end up pushing it through.

Kenai

I wish they would have saved some of that Roadhog hatred for Hanzo.

Oh well. I play Winston a lot now so they'll still know of my appreciation for them.

I still to this day don't know why he infuriaties me so much more than Widow but I honestly get no greater joy from vs others than chasing him down and sending him back to spawn. None.

I feel like since the game has come out there's been a few heroes that get touched on a lot, originally it was McCree until they hit a good spot, they've done heavier reworks to Sym/Bastion/Dva, Roadhog went under a whole bunch of changes and after the hook CD nerf felt like he was more in line finally.

Now out of nowhere they just basically trash everything. There's no reason for the hook CD to be that long if it doesn't even lead to a kill now, it takes so much work they put into the character and trashes it. It's extremely questionable balance design if they end up pushing it through.

yep

they spent months tweaking him, he was perfect, and now they completely throw that out of the window and fuck over his utility (picking)

furhtermooooooooore, there are a ton of heroes that are a bit much right now (lucio's ult charge for one) and hog is the one that gets fucked over lol

and, and, this is hot off the heels of putting the godawful rein change to live without putting it in ptr first

ISOM

Roadhog was in a good place. No idea why Blizzard decided to nerf again. Might as well delete him. The current nerfs would be more ok if he had his bs OP linesight hook and 6 sec cooldown. But both at the same time and it becomes a lot more annoying to play him. And that shouldn't be a way you design a hero.

tbt to when ana was about to get a needed grenade nerf and it got cancelled in ptr after like 2 days but they went through with the rifle damage nerf on consoles even though hitting people with her on consoles is a miracle as it stands

I want to play winston more but I really suck. I find him too hard. And his ult just feels okay

With the reaper buff, winston is pretty screwed

his ult shines in overtime to keep people off points

if you're on console I'd recommend jacking the sensitivity for him near max, otherwise you have very little control of leap

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
roadhog was not perfect. he still functioned as a tank buster and an easy pick and could basically do way too much for any one hero.

his only weakness was just that diving is strong right now. as soon as winston got a nerf or rein got a buff, roadhog would completely dominate again

Top Bottom