• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Not really liking the sound of this hog change. Inconsistency of combos is gonna suck ass.

The head size shrink is fine as I think all the tanks so far have had a reduction?

To improve his tankiness, I wonder if they could change his heal somehow. Maybe like Bastion's without movement? I just feel like he'll definitely need a bit of a defensive boost besides the head size shrink.

ZangBa

So Roadhog not one shotting with hooks anymore? Probably for the best overall in the future. Can't wait to play only Torb this season.

antitrop

So Roadhog not one shotting with hooks anymore? Probably for the best overall in the future. Can't wait to play only Torb this season.
Hook + Primary Fire + Melee is still enough damage to kill a 200HP target, but aim has to be more precise than it was before and he can't 1-shot 250HP heroes like Mei or Reaper, anymore.

Alternate Fire can't 1-shot 200HP heroes, anymore.

ISOM

Hook + Primary Fire + Melee is still enough damage to kill a 200HP target, but aim has to be more precise than it was before and he can't 1-shot 250HP heroes like Mei or Reaper, anymore.

Damn. Why play Roadhog then? sheesh

ZangBa

I'm OK with these changes, honestly. Every one shot I got with his alternate fire felt like I won bingo.

I like the idea of making him more consistently good overall, rather than a one trick, insta-kill pony.

Phu

Banned
Not really liking the sound of this hog change. Inconsistency of combos is gonna suck ass.

The head size shrink is fine as I think all the tanks so far have had a reduction?

To improve his tankiness, I wonder if they could change his heal somehow. Maybe like Bastion's without movement? I just feel like he'll definitely need a bit of a defensive boost besides the head size shrink.

Maybe instead of taking Bastion's heal meter thing, have the inhale give a [short] temporary damage reduction effect similar to Bastion's Ironclad effect? That could also help him feed a little less ult to the other team.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
But they did? Reduce his hitbox size which did wonders for Winston and gave him an extra bullet which means more time you need to stay away from him before he reloads and you go in

Winston's head hitbox change was nice but he still has the leap utility and the barrier, which even when he had a bigass head gave him some defense(and he could spin and land ass first while leaping to avoid headshots, lol). Roadhog is incredibly slow and lumbering, and the giant HP stick has always made him an ult battery with nothing to stop that since he has no damage mitigation and/or mobility like other tanks.

The smaller head hitbox would make his healing better but he's still feeding ult like crazy, which used to be counterbalanced by getting important picks. Making his gun better isn't good as a trade off when everyone is going to be outside of that range anyway since he's so slow, and his actual normal utility is gone on top of him already having inherent downsides with ult feeding. If they want to go down the route of making his hook not lead to kills he needs more than just gun tweaks, he needs a new ability or something to ever pick him again.

Gorillaz

Doing something like letting hog take less damage while hes healing ala bastion aint bad look.

At the end of the day hog is still a walking ult speedbag. Hes still going to be the reason the other team has their ult every 5 second regardless what this current nerf is.

They already fucking nerfed his hook combo twice

now it''s becoming even more useless

they're slowly turning roadhog in to the exact opposite of what made him fun

I expect next patch his scrap gun clip size is going to be increased to 30 and the damage reduced by 65 and the fire rate increased, just make him have a fucking machine gun at this point

He was in a good spot right now and they're determined to fuck that up ughgughgughg

The combo is just gonna be different.

Alt Fire+Hook+Primary+Melee should still take care of 250s.

oh and the new map is a 2cp gimmick map and no new hero tease or new winston skins added to the regular pool

blegh

Edit: also glad oni genji is being added to the pool but officer d.va is up too soon imo

antitrop

I hope the leak is false. I'm not interested in another Support hero that can't heal. I already don't like Symmetra (I used to hate her before her rework, now I just dislike her).

And THANK GOD for Hog nerf!!
Had a match today where he one shot killed me who knows how many times! And also with his alt fire not just using his hook. Nerf that shit.

1mUFqf64elJ.jpg

it's already been nerfed to no longer pull around corners, distance pulled was nerfed and a cooldown nerf

maybe get better?

Also fwiw I played Winston the most this season so yes I'm aware of good Roadhog can be. I also think he was in a good spot with his changes and so did a lot of others.

Gorillaz

They already fucking nerfed his hook combo twice

now it''s becoming even more useless

they're slowly turning roadhog in to the exact opposite of what made him fun

I expect next patch his scrap gun clip size is going to be increased to 30 and the damage reduced by 65 and the fire rate increased, just make him have a fucking machine gun at this point

He was in a good spot right now and they're determined to fuck that up ughgughgughg
The one man apocolayse hasn't deserved the title since season 1 last summer. Hes entitled loud guy at Starbucks status with potential to flip a few tables over lol.

rulerk1

it's already been nerfed to no longer pull around corners, distance pulled was nerfed and a cooldown nerf

maybe get better?

Also fwiw I played Winston the most this season so yes I'm aware of good Roadhog can be. I also think he was in a good spot with his changes and so did a lot of others.

Yeah that is on y'all if you get one shotted. If he did it while you were fighting someone else then I understand completely.

Hog was super fun, but OP.

Now he's been getting steadily less OP and drastically less fun.

People love bitching about him, so whatever. Do what you gotta do. But this seems like a bad way to balance a hero. He just feels way more clunky and out of place.

Nimby

Banned
Blizzard should give Sym an ability that is equivalent to heals, like as a passive or something. Sombra and Torbjorn right now would be better fits in the support category than her.

Previous iterations of Sym had
50 shields: Made flankers too strong so they were nerfed to
25 shields: Laughable support

I can't help but feel they nerfed Sym wrong the first time. The solution to fix god Zen was to make him have LoS or orbs would break. Why not do the same for shields?

Having her shield ability tied to generator just sucks. It is beneficial, but it has to be built up and isn't always available. You gotta solo-heal with Sym, or lack reliable damage if she is a third support. The solution to this doesn't really seem to be that hard IMO.

Phu

Banned

I definitely thought he was in a good place. If anything, I thought his next change would have been a minor buff, like a slight number tweak. I like him more as an 'all or nothing' kind of character. Landing a hook = very good. Missing a hook = very bad. Gun is slow with short range, but has the potential for great damage. The hook being okay and his gun being okay just seems kinda boring.

MGrant

Hog nerfs are big-time buffs to dive heroes. Genji, Winston, and Pharah mains must be celebrating now. Reaper may be a better tankbuster now, but he won't be able to peel divers off the back line like Hog could.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Thank God for the Roadhog nerfs, he has been out of control for way too long, he really ruins the game for me. Now if they just rework Scatter Arrow I can play without being enraged by bullshit.

hypernima

Banned
Blizzard should give Sym an ability that is equivalent to heals, like as a passive or something. Sombra and Torbjorn right now would be better fits in the support category than her.

Previous iterations of Sym had
50 shields: Made flankers too strong so they were nerfed to
25 shields: Laughable support

I can't help but feel they nerfed Sym wrong the first time. The solution to fix god Zen was to make him have LoS or orbs would break. Why not do the same for shields?

Having her shield ability tied to generator just sucks. It is beneficial, but it has to be built up and isn't always available. You gotta solo-heal with Sym, or lack reliable damage if she is a third support. The solution to this doesn't really seem to be that hard IMO.

Alt healing turrets maybe?

There was absolutely no reason to nerf Hog. Tracer and Genji stay winning.

Thank God for the Roadhog nerfs, he has been out of control for way too long, he really ruins the game for me. Now if they just rework Scatter Arrow I can play without being enraged by bullshit.

Neogaf.jpg

The dive heroes did just get a huge boon although McCree's ult being buffed may mean he gets a higher pickrate and he's sorta a counter to them.

rulerk1

I don't like the road changes because it gives him too much livability. They needed to reduce his health pool not improve his tankiness. He's never dying now lol. At least they neutered his kit to offset that

Range nerf would have been good too

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I would have been fine with a range nerf on the hook. Don't need to be ohko'd by a roadhog from 5 miles away because the Reinhardt I was behind decided to fire strike.

Nimby

Banned
Alt healing turrets maybe?

I was thinking more like an aura like Lucio's that converts a portion of your HP to shields. Probably like 50%. Has LoS restrictions too so Genji/Tracer can't run wild, and it simply functions as a healing substitute.

I think Symmetra is super strong, even on attack. People don't make attack Sym work, she just does. Offensive teleporter is super strong and there's not much the defense can do to get rid of it. It's just the rest of her kit makes her at odds with most line-ups, like she's not all 'there'

I also think if you're complaining about RH's alt fire being OP you should probably try playing as him. The skill gap between people who can land it consistently and most people is huge. If you're slightly too close or too far away it only does 50 damage (or less).

I can't even feel sympathy for the Hog nerf, I don't think he's overpowered but in general his one note hook n' shoot gimmick I've never been fond of.

Nimby

Banned
I can see a meta where Reaper is at least viable with a Mercy/Zen. I can't say for sure how powerful it would be, but it seems pretty nuts in practice.

Gorillaz

Do people here usually do placements with others? I don't think I've played with any gsffers in comp or qp for awhile or even ever now that I think of it.

I feel like I should do more duo or triple stacks this season . I'm just use to being a lone wolf in shooters in general that I almost never go into comp with others.

Top Bottom