• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Does anyone else find comp just too stressful to play in long stretches? I mean, we won our first placement (pretty easily) But, I dunno, comp just kinda kills my chill when I'm playing.

Owzers

Does anyone else find comp just too stressful to play in long stretches? I mean, we won our first placement (pretty easily) But, I dunno, comp just kinda kills my chill when I'm playing.
Yep, still trying to eliminate my occasional cursing but sometimeeeeeeees this game drains your spirits.

Too tired to comp more tonight but I want to play.

LiK

I wasn't stressed about Comp at all. Had a pretty good time.

I was more worried about Batman popping a vein from tilting lol

3-3. Zen carrying so hard. i'm trying not to play him as much.

OH MY GOSH what the hell is going on with these placement matches. How can anyone do well alone?!??

99.99% i solo Q. but this season i'm using my mic. i usually don't because i don't like the way i sound lol.

so last game for the night. it was temple of anubis. please stop giving me that map. that was the first map we played and 6th map.

we capped first point easily but second they held up well. our team comp wasn't so great. we had a sym but she was alright. should communicate more. can't just be dropping tele at spots we get picked off at. we didn't have a hit scan and they had a decent pharah. not a pest but still. anyways we never managed to cap second point.

so it was us up on defense.

it was zen (me), rein, junk, sym, hanzo, soldier.

the had an ana, lucio, dva, junk, hog and winston or maybe winston changed to dva. they had a mei at some point. like their attack was just as bad when you can solo heal as zen and pick shots. i never died too lmao. RIP

MGrant

This is so damn beautiful. Thank you Overwatch gods. Now Roadhog has to work more in synergy with his team then just pick off solo kill everyone for under 300 health for free.

He's gonna get dropped like a hot rock and yolo flankers aren't going to have to worry about shit.

This is so damn beautiful. Thank you Overwatch gods. Now Roadhog has to work more in synergy with his team then just pick off solo kill everyone for under 300 health for free.
Have you played roadhog recently cause uh, that doesn't happen

Also there's no hero with 300 health

Like hog's entire utility is that he's a picker

Imagine nerfing widow's gun damage but slightly increasing the fire rate

"Hurr now widow has to work in synergy with her team to get solo kills on squishies!"

Also there's only 2 heroes that have 250 health and neither should be getting solo killed by hog's combo after his rework since reaper has wraith form and Mei has ice block.

Then there's the fact that already heroes like Lucio can boop him away along with his constant healing, he's an ultimate charge for good agile heroes and walls, barriers and dm all nullify his combo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like hog's entire utility is that he's a picker

Imagine nerfing widow's gun damage but slightly increasing the fire rate

"Hurr now widow has to work in synergy with her team to get solo kills on squishies!"

you get in widowmaker's face, she goes down
you get in hog's face, you go down. you keep distance from hog, you go down.

you get in widowmaker's face, she goes down
you get in hog's face, you go down. you keep distance from hog, you go down.
If a genji or tracer get in hogs face and goes down then maybe they weren't good enough to kill the fat ult charge with his slow firing shotgun with 4 shots?

Look I'm not directly comparing widow and hog, but hog had a role and now that's blurred. There were also plenty of counters to it and the hook 2.0 and distance nerf got rid of the bs that he had before.

Look at his pro pickrate, if he was in such a need of a nerf he wouldn't be one of the last tanks.

Edit: and how do you keep your distance and still go down? His hook has a range of 20 meters, can't pull around geometry and is now on an 8 second cooldown. A 50% hook accuracy is considered good. That means you're looking at maybe getting pulled in every 16 seconds if you're out in the open within 20 meters away. He's also the only tank hero with zero "mitigating" abilities. Zarya has her bubbles, Winston has his bubble shield, D.Va has DM, Rein has his shield and Orisa has her barrier. He has no armor or shielding either and one of the biggest hit boxes in the game.

The hook also doesn't go through barriers and since rein is still the most played tank you could just... stand behind the shield and not get hooked.

Apharmd

ay yo special shoutouts to polluxoil, rikichix and foxhound417

thanks for coaching and playing with us yall, those were like the best games of overwatch i had so far

um. is it me or i'm reading this wrong...

cgCukKs.jpg

0 games lost, 3 games played, 3 games won, win percentage 92%

Ended last season at 2200, went 3-7 in my placements and started at 1505(!).

Maybe I should just give up this game and play something else lol.

Good games tonight with the GAFers I played with. I played exactly who I said I would...sorta. Apparently my Zen skills aren't as rusty as I thought. Those two we picked up complemented us well. Coming off of placements on a 5 game winning streak is nice.

7-2-1 and I placed at 2159.
That's the lowest placement I've had ever and I was plat last season. LUL.

I went 7-3 tonight, the best I've ever done in placements, and got placed at 2285, which I think is the worst I've ever been in placements. I even had a 64 elimination game as Tracer/Zenyatta on a KOTH match, which is the best I've ever done in terms of ED ratio (I think it was like 64-10 at the end?) and...yeah. I felt like I was doing really well even in the losses.

I don't understand the ranking system. I've been playing competitive since season 1 and it's a little demoralizing to think the system still thinks I belong in Gold. Especially when I was at 2600 or so for most of the last two seasons. Maybe it's because I only played like 35 games last season and lost more than half of them. I dunno.

hypernima

Banned
Good games tonight with the GAFers I played with. I played exactly who I said I would...sorta. Apparently my Zen skills aren't as rusty as I thought. Those two we picked up complemented us well. Coming off of placements on a 5 game winning streak is nice.

I went 7-3 tonight, the best I've ever done in placements, and got placed at 2285, which I think is the worst I've ever been in placements. I even had a 64 elimination game as Tracer/Zenyatta on a KOTH match, which is the best I've ever done in terms of ED ratio (I think it was like 64-10 at the end?) and...yeah. I felt like I was doing really well even in the losses.

I don't understand the ranking system. I've been playing competitive since season 1 and it's a little demoralizing to think the system still thinks I belong in Gold. Especially when I was at 2600 or so for most of the last two seasons. Maybe it's because I only played like 35 games last season and lost more than half of them. I dunno.

It's pretty ridiculous. I played really good games where I was doing well across a variety of roles. How much do I have to prove that I belong in Plat even? Even my first non placement game was a steamroll.

my lucio stat also seems screwed. i'm pretty sure i lost 2 games.but it's only showing 0-1 but with a 17% win percentage.

i should have wrote down what i played and what map. ugh. i hope this isn't how blizzard treats support with screwy stats

ana is 0-2 and 0% win percentage. that looks right.

It's crazy how I get fucked on placement every season. Already lost 3 of my first 4 matches pairing with randoms. They will put me down in Bronze again like Last season where I'm vastly better than other players and go 35 or 40 kills with 2 deaths per match and have to crawl back up.

So fun.

I had teammates quit in the first round of my first 3 placement matches.

After the placement matches my SR ended up about 400 points lower than what I started at last season.

Feels bad.

ay yo special shoutouts to polluxoil, rikichix and foxhound417

thanks for coaching and playing with us yall, those were like the best games of overwatch i had so far

Yeah, you were doing really awesome as 76 tonight. We had a pretty good run - that last match on Oasis was a nail biter, frustrating that my Internet wasn't cooperating but we pulled it together.

It's pretty ridiculous. I played really good games where I was doing well across a variety of roles. How much do I have to prove that I belong in Plat even? Even my first non placement game was a steamroll.

I played as DVa, Tracer, Zenyatta, and Reinhardt mainly tonight and did well with all of them - even the losses. I feel like that's a big enough range to show proficiency - but maybe there's something to the idea that you need to play as a main to climb in SR.

Me: "Season 5 is going to be awesome, ready to try my best and make it a great one!"

Overwatch:
anigif_enhanced-2083-1438892028-2.gif

At least placing way lower than before this season is a common thing.

Anyone have some pro tips for how to play Tracer? Want to focus more on trying out squishy dps heroes this season

I'm far from a pro - there are plenty of people in Master/GM level that can give better advice but some basic tips:

-Don't engage in a fight without all your blinks and rewind. Having that mobility is what keeps Tracer alive and a threat.
-Target the supports and go for headshots. I've solo killed a Zenyatta with one clip because I unloaded everything into his head.
-Combine your ult with a Zarya/Mei/Rein ult for maximum damage. Also good to use on Sym teleporters/generators to remove them quickly. Tracer builds her ult super quick so also don't be afraid to use it if it'll clinch a team fight.
-Flanking as Tracer is your friend. If the rest of your team has a handle on the point, keeping 1 or 2 of the enemy team busy away from the point is worth the effort.
-You can really ruin a Reinhardt's day if he's out of position. Blinking behind him and getting him to face you can open him up to the rest of your team shredding him. Or you can shred him if he doesn't face you.

Trickster

These placement matches going real well so far lol.

2nd game has been more toxic than any I had last season. Amazing what happens the moment I stop trying to accommodate people who are "dps mains".

hypernima

Banned
These placement matches going real well so far lol.

2nd game has been more toxic than any I had last season. Amazing what happens the moment I stop trying to accommodate people who are "dps mains".

Had a Widowmaker flame me about heals when she was never in my sight. Said she hated People who played Zenyatta because they're fake DPS or something?
The hog in her duo was cool but she was so toxic and contributed only 2 ults the whole way through route 66.

Owzers

What is Pinku's Gaf name?

Did anyone in our stack finish? How'd you do?
Pinku wants to play before the game tmw but I don't think I'll be on then and might betray him if there is a group in the afternoon. I don't think Pinku is on Gaf. We dismantled after you left and I was tired/didn't continue.

Maybe I won't betray.

Trickster

Had a Widowmaker flame me about heals when she was never in my sight. Said she hated People who played Zenyatta because they're fake DPS or something?
The hog in her duo was cool but she was so toxic and contributed only 2 ults the whole way through route 66.

There's definitely some dumb people in this game.

Also, to update my story. I ran into that dps main in the next game, only he was on the enemy team. Decided to pick my tryhard heroes. Proceeded to own his face several times and ultimately beat him, felt so damn good :3

Apparently me hooking him during genji ult is a sign of a badly balanced game, who knew

Paltheos

Unlike allot of you guys apparently, my placements went fine. Finished the season at 3115, went 7-3 in placements, got ranked at 3096. That seems about right to me.

In half my placement games I got carried, and in the rest I was ok. Of the losses, one was clean, one was entirely on me (very bad res), and one was due to a thrower

komaruR

S4 is the best season for support to climb.
Antitrop can attest to it.
There's definitely some dumb people in this game.

Also, to update my story. I ran into that dps main in the next game, only he was on the enemy team. Decided to pick my tryhard heroes. Proceeded to own his face several times and ultimately beat him, felt so damn good :3

Apparently me hooking him during genji ult is a sign of a badly balanced game, who knew
nah the idiot ulted in front of you,knowing that there's cast time. It's his fault.

Top Bottom