• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

NimbusD

oh man, I'm so tilted. placed just BARELY in fucking gold after 5 wins 4 losses and 1 draw. Most of the losses were so close we just had like in 3 of them a rein who would charge headfirst and die, over and over and over. they either didnt speak or there was 1 who was just shouting racist homophobic shit and wouldnt shut the fuck up.

I was high gold (capped at 2499, jesus) last season and I place so low? fucking christ.

Ugh, time to climb. Really getting annoyed at being forced to play soldier due to no one at my level being able to understand that you cant just let a pharah rain rockets on you ad nauseum and win.

7-2-1 and I placed at 2159.
That's the lowest placement I've had ever and I was plat last season. LUL.

Don't give up, I had my worse placement ever last season too, was always high plat but placed at 2350, I ended up hitting diamond for the first time ever before all was said and done, just gotta stick with it, improve where ya can, eventually you'll have one of those days where you just go like 9-1-1 and get a huge SR gain

IMO the Hog changes aren't as bad as people think but we'll see.

oh man, I'm so tilted. placed just BARELY in fucking gold after 5 wins 4 losses and 1 draw. Most of the losses were so close we just had like in 3 of them a rein who would charge headfirst and die, over and over and over. they either didnt speak or there was 1 who was just shouting racist homophobic shit and wouldnt shut the fuck up.

I was high gold (capped at 2499, jesus) last season and I place so low? fucking christ.

Ugh, time to climb. Really getting annoyed at being forced to play soldier due to no one at my level being able to understand that you cant just let a pharah rain rockets on you ad nauseum and win.

If it's like last season what matter most is your ending rank in the previous season.

The placement matches aren't that important, you will be placed a bit below where you finished last season and gain bonus SR in the first 15-20 games.

Placed at 2993, figured "Fuck it, I'll just play one and end the night off at Diamond."

Nope.

So many people are tilted they landed in plat instead of Diamond and Masters that I got at least two throwers per game for four games straight. Straight up throwing like Symmetra's sitting in spawn saying voice lines, Widowmaker's suiciding off of the map, Ana/Mercy's waving at my team and spamming "Defend/Attack the objective!" while refusing to heal...

I think I'm over it. I'm just not having fun anymore. I'm okay with losing games but not when people are outright throwing and screaming "DIE OF AIDS YOU N***ER JEW CUCK" or "DRINK BLEACH AND SLIT YOUR WRISTS" into my ears while doing it. I truly hate the community for this game.

So many people are tilted they landed in plat instead of Diamond and Masters that I got at least two throwers per game for four games straight. Straight up throwing like Symmetra's sitting in spawn saying voice lines, Widowmaker's suiciding off of the map, Ana/Mercy's waving at my team and spamming "Defend/Attack the objective!" while refusing to heal...

Wait... no one was dancing? wtf

Cheap bastards.

I honestly don't find the humor in this. It's not funny to me. I had a Hanzo straight up say "I do this because I enjoy making you cucks miserable. It's SO fun." to me when I asked him why he was running forward into the enemy and waving.

Nothing funny about it. And if it's like last season they are throwing away a lot of SR because you gain more in the first games. I don't know why people like that play the game in the first place.

Pinku wants to play before the game tmw but I don't think I'll be on then and might betray him if there is a group in the afternoon. I don't think Pinku is on Gaf. We dismantled after you left and I was tired/didn't continue.

Maybe I won't betray.

Now I don't feel bad for not knowing Pinku's gaf name even though I first played with him months ago lol

and yeah no change to the ranking system let alone the decay system is really disheartening especially since this season doesn't end until the end of the summer

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Placed at 2993, figured "Fuck it, I'll just play one and end the night off at Diamond."

Nope.

I think I'm over it. I'm just not having fun anymore. I'm okay with losing games but not when people are outright throwing and screaming "DIE OF AIDS YOU N***ER JEW CUCK" or "DRINK BLEACH AND SLIT YOUR WRISTS" into my ears while doing it. I truly hate the community for this game.

Symmetra spawn cheerleading is new meta, where you been

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Went 9-1 in placements, got 3014 SR. Ended the last season at 3100, and climbed up to Master rank for a bit. My friend ended last season at 2400 and got 2464 SR. They must be trying to rebalance the numbers a bit.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You guys suck, you know that?

"You have the PS4 version? Yeah, I'm down to play!"

"Anyone playing on PC?"

*cricket SFX*
SOLO FOR LIFE

3xCkDs6.jpg

Kuro

Placements don't actually mean anything

ISOM

You guys suck, you know that?

"You have the PS4 version? Yeah, I'm down to play!"

"Anyone playing on PC?"

*cricket SFX*

Haha i know right. I asked if anyone wanted to group up for offseason play on pc a couple of pages ago and it was crickets.

Ended Season 3 at 3021; placed in mid 2900s. Did well in placements, I think. 7-3ish.

Ended Season 4 play at 3338, but decayed to 3000 before the season ended officially. 4-1-5 in placements, and I placed 3169 this season.

So, I guess it ignores decay when placing you.

Nimby

Banned
9 wins
1 loss

2710. Placed gold last season (even after reaching diamond). My duo partner placed gold still.

Also Mercy and Zen only.

LiK

Ended Season 3 at 3021; placed in mid 2900s. Did well in placements, I think. 7-3ish.

Ended Season 4 play at 3338, but decayed to 3000 before the season ended officially. 4-1-5 in placements, and I placed 3169 this season.

Indeed, mainly based on MMR.

Pinku wants to play before the game tmw but I don't think I'll be on then and might betray him if there is a group in the afternoon. I don't think Pinku is on Gaf. We dismantled after you left and I was tired/didn't continue.

Maybe I won't betray.
Wait why don't you want to play before the game. That's the perfect time for me.

Are you and Pinku irl friends? Why did I think he was a gaffer?

Banzai

Oof, these ranked stories make me not wanna play tonight...I'll probably do it anyway.
I just barely stayed in plat in s4, I know I'll have to climb all the way through gold again anyway.

That's pretty good.

I ended last season pretty awfully - got 2800 out of placements, got up to 3200 and then decided to help my friends since I was guaranteed a Golden Weapon anyway...sooo I don't hold much hope for placements this season.

LiK

Maybe I won't betray.

Wait why don't you want to play before the game. That's the perfect time for me.

The real question is does Pinku ever play when Owzers ain't on. I'm legit curious.

Blues1990

There's a discord server thats posted in the OP, check that out.
Why do you think I'm asking here? Asked there, and it was nonexistent.

SOLO FOR LIFE

3xCkDs6.jpg

tumblr_l9jcnm55mc1qaqps8o1_400.gif

Haha i know right. I asked if anyone wanted to group up for offseason play on pc a couple of pages ago and it was crickets.

Seriously, there needs to be a thread that separates the group requests for console and PC users, as it's frustrating to find people to group up for PC that are 3000 and below.

Why do you think I'm asking here? Asked there, and it was nonexistent.

tumblr_l9jcnm55mc1qaqps8o1_400.gif

Seriously, there needs to be a thread that separates the group requests for console and PC users, as it's frustrating to find people to group up for PC that are 3000 and below.
Blues I'm always confused so I'll just ask once and for all. Are you console or PC? Because 3000 and below sounds pretty good for you to group up with us on PS4. But for some reason I feel like "Blue####" is posted here a lot which would be a PC tag.

NimbusD

IMO the Hog changes aren't as bad as people think but we'll see.

If it's like last season what matter most is your ending rank in the previous season.

The placement matches aren't that important, you will be placed a bit below where you finished last season and gain bonus SR in the first 15-20 games.

Yeah I really fucked up and just went ham on comp at the end and tanked my SR. didn';t realize it basically takes where you ended up and unless you do amazing in placement, puts you a little lower than that. fuck.

exYle

Batman has graveyard shift. Dunno about everyone else. I'm in bed with insomnia.

We went 3-4 so don't be too salty lol

Ah, I guess that's fair. I didn't get stomped in any of my games, only one was really bad at all. I'm just concerned about getting placed in low plat again, especially cause my buddy got placed in mid-diamond and I'M FUCKING BETTER THAN HIM

I work nights now :(

Oh right, I forgot. That's my bad. Well I'll only be on this schedule for one more month, then we'll see how frequently I'll be able to play

Blizzard

Banned
What queue times are people seeing on PC? I figured there would be a lot of people playing due to placement matches, but queue times are already over 1 minute this early in the season. I'm in NA.

Cappa

Banned
We never chase down kills!

:p
I felt like I should have played better but I also felt like I contributed more to the team when I was dps as Pharah/soldier compared to when I went mei/dva/Lucio. I don't know. I think I could have played better either way.... my dva bombs were so bad.

At least none of the games were blowouts but we lost lots of fights where we had numbers advantage but just couldn't finish them.

Where the hell were you today? We needed our Ned.

��������

Sleeping D:

I'm gonna try to sleep in the afternoon so I can be awake at the usual hours to play with you guys.

I did put my alarm clock yesterday set to 11PM where I live, but after waking up I imagined Owzers failing a charge and felt like I wasn't up to it so I decided to sleep again.

It's kinda flattering when you annoy the enemy team so much in a game - while playing as Mercy so getting plenty of heals and revives in - that four of them want to add you as a friend after the game.

Calm down, plenty of me to go around.

LiK

I felt like I should have played better but I also felt like I contributed more to the team when I was dps as Pharah/soldier compared to when I went mei/dva/Lucio. I don't know. I think I could have played better either way.... my dva bombs were so bad.

At least none of the games were blowouts but we lost lots of fights where we had numbers advantage but just couldn't finish them.

Like I said earlier, we were outplayed by that one team that we got matched up with twice in a row and they had a good Mercy. She was hard to kill and was healing everyone so we could never finish them off when they ran away. They got rezzed so much too. It wasn't a stomp at least. Both of the matches ended up being close. I think we did fine. We'll just need to focus a bit more on taking out Supports like her in the future. No biggie.

Also, if you feel you wanted to play someone else more, you could just tell us. I let TWrecks play Soldier since he wanted it. I can flex to whatever now.

Cappa

Banned
Like I said earlier, we were outplayed by that one team that we got matched up with twice in a row and they had a good Mercy. She was hard to kill and was healing everyone so we could never finish them off when they ran away. They got rezzed so much too. It wasn't a stomp at least. Both of the matches ended up being close. I think we did fine. We'll just need to focus a bit more on taking out Supports like her in the future. No biggie.

Also, if you feel you wanted to play someone else more, you could just tell us. I let TWrecks play Soldier since he wanted it. I can flex to whatever now.

I wanted to play tank, just saying I played bad overall and the only time I thought I was helping the team was when I played soldier and Pharah. I can play pretty much any role, I don't care what I play as long as I'm helping the team and winning.

bs000

my lucio stat also seems screwed. i'm pretty sure i lost 2 games.but it's only showing 0-1 but with a 17% win percentage.

i should have wrote down what i played and what map. ugh. i hope this isn't how blizzard treats support with screwy stats

ana is 0-2 and 0% win percentage. that looks right.

could it be that win percentage goes by rounds and not by entire matches

Top Bottom