• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

hypernima

Banned
I finally did it.
DBQlxjNW0AAjhhl.jpg

DBQl2-tW0AAfssx.jpg

Lemstar

I just wish they'd stop weighing everything on wins and losses, all it takes is one guy throwing in this game and there is nothing you can do to overcome it.

There has to be a way they could factor in personal play a little bit.
uh

factoring in personal performance is why the mmr system is so bad

Chance

As Junk, I can counter Tracers pretty easily. It's pretty fun, huhu.

I feel like Junk kind of stumbles across killing me more than just wrecks me. Like a junk who can body+mine combo superfast? Yes - rekt - but the consistent, conscious body shots of a solid McCree or Soldier are way scarier.

Edit:

I made it into Rapida's Overwatch Moments. My life is complete.

:O! I love those and today's vid had me laughing out loud - which was yours?

Idk I ended the last season 2100 sr. just went 1-9 in placements and I'm at 1269 sr...

I... uhh.. ahem... yeah dude I don't know what to say, anomaly I guess? I'm sorry for that though, but if you're truly a 2000+ player than you will have no issues getting out in no time (elo hell can feel real but it's more bad luck more than anything)! Most people are mad because they placed way lower than their Season high. "Why am I not AT LEAST diamond when I reached 3500 last season" but it turns out they ended the season at 2800. I played multiple season high masters/GM's yesterday, they all ended the season around 2800, I'm not sure why they dropped down so much..

Cappa

Banned
Finished placements 5-5.

Had a season high of 3409.

Finished 3021.

Placed 3490.
just kidding got placed in 2800s lol

Lemstar

Evidence? My gains and losses stay within 5 points no matter how well or bad I do. I played lights out in my placements and placed lower than I ever have.
I'm not referring specifically to your placement experience (for all we know, Blizzard twiddled with some some other invisible knobs during the offseason, since a lot of people seem to be reporting unexpectedly low placement results), but the gain/loss per match is absolutely tied to personal performance. Look at Anne's and Fugu's posts in just the past couple of pages for examples of weirdness happening.

There's a Bill Simmons quote I've found pertinent about this topic:
The player most responsible for that collective unselfishness (Garnett) placed third in the MVP balloting because of subpar-for-him numbers; meanwhile, the Celtics jumped from the worst record in 2007 to the best record in 2008. Where's the statistic for that? (Shit, I forgot: it's called wins.)

If the only things going into MMR gain/loss are the twelve players' MMRs, dumb shit like this wouldn't happen. I'm not going to say that Dota's MMR system is perfect, but it certainly seems a lot more meaningful when 95% of matches give about the same amount of rating (+/-23-27). If your winrate is positive, you'll climb, and if it's negative, you'll drop.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Congrats. One of the few good placement stories in here. Why are some people placing so damn low tho?

Would be curious to know, too. Like I mentioned earlier, I went 5-5 and placed 1474. Blah.

Salarians

did my placements last night, won 7/10

mostly good matches except for one with a stack of four who decided to throw the second half, even though the other team had a leaver :/

ended up at the low 2400s, disappointing but around the 2500-2600ish I've hovered around during the past few seasons

hesido

Having massive connection problems, very unusual. In my first placement match people were teleporting all over the place and my shots were not registering etc etc and I got fucking dropped, managed to get back in again with a very bad connection, luckily we won. Dunno how that connection drop will affect my placement.

Then checked a quick match, same problem, didn't get dropped but it was so bad.

I'm afraid to get into a match due to this. Anybody else having problems, is it because increase in demand or am I just with a bad connection that happened to be only today.

Nimby

Banned
Since the end of April (possibly farther as well) Junkrat and Symmetra have not been played a single time in eSports. Well, Junkrat got played for 4 seconds out of 60+ hours.

Since the end of April (possibly farther as well) Junkrat and Symmetra have not been played a single time in eSports. Well, Junkrat got played for 4 seconds out of 60+ hours.
That's crazy considering junk got his explosive invincibility buff too

But yeah 9 times out of 10 in comp I'd prefer a different dps, sorry LiK.

What about reaper?

For some reason, the few times I've ever used Reaper, I did really well with him. Usually it's on payload maps where I can flank to my hearts content

About 20 minutes.
lmao

I'm not even sure how they can buff sym to be viable at the pro level without making her a complete headache at lower skill levels though. With Winston and D.Va high in the meta they could look at increasing sentry turret damage.
guys I got a perfect 10

Placed in bronze at 1159SR, about the same as where I started last season I think.
that's dumb, should be higher than where you finished

Top Bottom