• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

i fucked up my sr in s4. and my placement this go around is terrible. and how the fuck do i get no points after a d/c because my internet crapped out but i rejoined the match. i lost 50 sr points even after a win. WTF is this BS

blaming the little fucking kid messing with the router here because he can't play on his tablet.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
That can't be right, SR bonus for 40-50 games? That would be extremely ridiculous.

50 games? No, he's smoking crack.

Principal Designer aka crack smoker.

The alternative theory was because it tends to place you in a slightly lower SR than you ended last season with, the bonus would be to get you back around there or get you to whatever your 'hidden MMR' was.

Still, no way its 50 games. Anything over 15 as average would surprise me.

I haven't played in a while-trying to get back into it but not feeling it today.

Going 1-9 and ending at 2400 doesn't sound too horrible if your SR wasn't too much higher than that whenever you last played.

Look at the last page, Danj won 10 games and is in like Silver or whatever. Placements feel irrelevant.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Also if the option was available to backfill competitive games where someone has left, would you do it if:

a. You received bonus SR if your team won the game, and
b. You lost less SR than you normally would if your team lost?

Moonkid

I'd be up for that within reason. Getting slotted in early game is fine, as long as team morale isn't ass, but if there's two metres until the last checkpoint maybe not.

Done 4 placements so far, no mic because I have the sorest throat.

Yea im never solo queuing this season. Holy shit. I don't know why solo was so good to me in season 2 but it's fucking awful now. Just need my diamond icon and I don't care.

I'll be on for a stack around the same time tomorrow. Go Cavs.

Also if the option was available to backfill competitive games where someone has left, would you do it if:

It should be normal SR gains, no SR lost.

id like to get some sr points for my performance even from a lost

Finished out my placements in solo queue and won them all, ended up placing at 3699. That's about 230 less from where I finished last season. I'll take it, I was worried I would get put in diamond lol

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Finished out my placements in solo queue and won them all, ended up placing at 3699. That's about 230 less from where I finished last season. I'll take it, I was worried I would get put in diamond lol

Placement matches are stupid as hell, damn. Why do they almost need to place you lower? You basically went on a 10 game win streak and lost SR lol.

Man, solo q placements were really nice to me today:

p3hxLWE.jpg

I wonder if you team up and play with people with SR lower then you if it can affect your placement rating? Like I finished at like 3050, I just won my first two with people at like 2500, I wonder if the system will be like, "Oh sure you belong around here"

Placement matches are stupid as hell, damn. Why do they almost need to place you lower? You basically went on a 10 game win streak and lost SR lol.

Lol no I went 6-4 I was 2-4 playing in the GAF 6 stack last night. Still quite a bit lower when you think about it though.

Yeah, I think I'm going Mercy main...

21k heal, 19 res, 31% of damage healed...

This team needed all the Mercy help. We somehow won with a team that kept dying almost every engagement.

Started placements with a crispy 5 loss streak, ended up at 4-6. Placed at 2663, last season finished at 3k. Placement matches were aids.

Heysoos

are you fucking serious

I got suspended and lost sr because I left a match that we won and that was already showing up the play of the game

Ramirez

I'm probably late to the party, but I was playing Lucio(summer games) earlier and he used the Iverson " we talkin' bout practice" line, lol.

Crzy1

Hmm... Got placed in gold. That's the absolute lowest I've ever seen in comp. So far the teams are beyond garbage, but at least the same is true of the other team as well. Has honestly been a lot of fun so far, keep destroying the other team without breaking a sweat. Hope I bottom out here.

I feel like I finally broke that threshold as Tracer. Before I used to have a ton of trouble playing her at Master but I put in a shit ton of practice when I was taking a break from comp and now I'm absolutely crushing with her. Or I'm just having a good day. One or the other.

Top Bottom