• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Six rounds of Numbani only to end in a draw, woof.

I had that last night too. That was one long, meaningless, match.

4 wins, 1 draw, and 5 losses in my placement matches. I got around 2200. I played all 10 matches with 4 friends.

1 got around 2800. One was bronze, one was silver and one was around the same score as me.

The one who got silver was by far our best performer of the night, by far.

But now the gap between our highest and lowest means we'll not be able to play competitively again until the next season.

Why even bother starting a new season when absolutely nothing changes? Pointless.

Also, two things I'd like to see changed with overtime:

1. Don't increase the spawn time for the defending team when a point is being contested. The attacking side has had their go, why should the defenders be held back?

2. When a payload has reached a checkpoint in overtime, don't give the attacking side another 2+ minutes to get to the next checkpoint. Again, they've had their chance.

Is there a reason why sometimes you can charge someone with Reinhardt and they'll only bounce off, even on a clean direct hit? Is this just some bs that happens? I've always wondered lol.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I was in transcendence moving forward and noticed a friendly Junkrat Rip Tire was right beside me with critical health. It didn't heal the tire (can you even heal it anymore with health packs?) but it made me think that would be a pretty funny strategy as a combination of the two ults.

LiK

If you play Lucio, stop trying to be fancy with speed and heal your damn team. Hate idiotic Lucios. No one cares how good you move around.

maomaoIYP

If you play Lucio, stop trying to be fancy with speed and heal your damn team. Hate idiotic Lucios. No one cares how good you move around.
These are the ones that pretend they're dspstanky. Gotta boop everyone, even at the worse times! If your Roadhog teammate hooked the Mercy in, boop her! You're totally helping with that 25 damage while he misses his shot because of your boop!

LiK

QP is still filled with gold weapon tryhards. Why don't they just go Comp and do their damn placements instead.

LiK

Are golden weapons supposed to be a sign of anything 5 seasons in?

Of course. People are still using their mains to slaughter everyone in QP who are just messing with random heroes. Fucking obvious. Had to pull out my mains just so I'm not forcing a fellow Gaffer to endure constant losses playing with me.

We'll always have my smurf

Don't smurfs usually have even better MMR than your mains? Did your placements with it yet?

-MD-

Of course. People are still using their mains to slaughter everyone in QP who are just messing with random heroes. Fucking obvious. Had to pull out my mains just so I'm not forcing a fellow Gaffer to endure constant losses playing with me.

People that have been participating in comp since launch have 1-3 golden weapons at this point, a golden gun doesn't automatically mean someone is "trying hard" on their main.

I have a golden weapon on a hero that I've played 4 hours total.

LiK

People that have been participating in comp since launch have 1-3 golden weapons at this point, a golden gun doesn't automatically mean someone is "trying hard" on their main.

I have a golden weapon on a hero that I've played 4 hours total.

Well, that's just you. If I happen to check their time played, it's their most played 99% of the time.

-MD-

Well, that's just you. If I happen to check their time played, it's their most played 99% of the time.

No, it's not just me.

And why does it matter if someone is playing their main in QP anyways? "Tryhard" is just code for "I got outplayed"

LiK

No, it's not just me.

And why does it matter if someone is playing their main in QP anyways? "Tryhard" is just code for "I got outplayed"

If you can't figure out what I meant by "tryhard" then there's no reason for me to even discuss this with you anymore.

-MD-

If you can't figure out what I meant by "tryhard" then there's no reason for me to even discuss this with you anymore.

I just said it though.

You got rolled by an enemy team because someone was playing their main and you weren't, that's it. Nothing wrong with that, no reason to complain about it.

Okay fair enough. But speed is also an essential part of his kit, if he's not being anything more than a mediocre healer than it's a detriment to the team.

It's equally as frustrating having teammates who don't take advantage of speed boosts to get to better locations or chase down kills.

LiK

Okay fair enough. But speed is also an essential part of his kit, if he's not being anything more than a mediocre healer than it's a detriment to the team.

It's equally as frustrating having teammates who don't take advantage of speed boosts to get to better locations or chase down kills.

This random I played with was literally just sticking with speed boost with no enemies around while I was standing next to him at half health. I had to go for a health pack instead of waiting for him to switch to healing song.

This random I played with was literally just sticking with speed boost with no enemies around while I was standing next to him at half health. I had to go for a health pack instead of waiting for him to switch to healing song.
Yea that's definitely bad. I honestly find it hard to strike the right balance. If a team fight is going on I feel guilty if anyone dies when I'm on speed so I usually just leave it on healing, even though there is a very good chance that the speed would've helped my teammates way more than 20 or so health I hate seeing 20 defensive assists to 2 offensive assists.

I love amping up the speed of an ulting Roadhog or Genji, or getting the team right up close to a friendly grav. And whenever we win a team fight handily and one or two enemies are trying to get away then I'm 100% speeding into them, worst feeling ever is when the team didn't follow (happened way too often last night).

You can't be passive Lucio anymore, his DPS is super important now.

Damn... just got off work and now I feel like playing Lucio. Guessing there is no stack available at this time though.

LiK

Yea that's definitely bad. I honestly find it hard to strike the right balance. If a team fight is going on I feel guilty if anyone dies when I'm on speed so I usually just leave it on healing, even though there is a very good chance that the speed would've helped my teammates way more than 20 or so health I hate seeing 20 defensive assists to 2 offensive assists.

I love amping up the speed of an ulting Roadhog or Genji, or getting the team right up close to a friendly grav. And whenever we win a team fight handily and one or two enemies are trying to get away then I'm 100% speeding into them, worst feeling ever is when the team didn't follow (happened way too often last night).

You can't be passive Lucio anymore, his DPS is super important now.

Damn... just got off work and now I feel like playing Lucio. Guessing there is no stack available at this time though.

Yea, I was mainly bitching about that player cuz he was an awful healer.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Actually got a meme thrower in my 6th placement match, torbjorn on oasis that just suicided into the cars the entire round.

Simply epic. Thankfully placement matches are irrelevant.

Guess my luck ran out, 6 boxes in a row with crappy content (besides sombra dance). There goes the average of a legendary every 5 boxes :\

Got a legendary drop. Yay!

500 coins. You fucking what? What the hell am I supposed to do with 500 measly coins?

That's my quota of legendary drops used up for the next 30 boxes.

LiK

Guess my luck ran out, 6 boxes in a row with crappy content (besides sombra dance). There goes the average of a legendary every 5 boxes :

20 boxes. 1 skin.

Fuck this.

Got a legendary drop. Yay!

500 coins. You fucking what? What the hell am I supposed to do with 500 measly coins?

That's my quota of legendary drops used up for the next 30 boxes.

Welcome to my world. I had 3 lootboxes last night and all blues and whites and ALL dupes.

Mr Git

Played first placement match last night. First round went brilliantly then consistently waffle stomped. Gonna try my second in a min

Welcome to my world. I had 3 lootboxes last night and all blues and whites and ALL dupes.

Same for the most part (just got the 7th and it was 2 blues/whites), even purples were scarce in these last boxes.

I do prefer dupes though if it's not something I want from the event, more currency the better. Don't really want anything in particular from the regular stuff, I think I've bought everything I wanted already.

Think I've finally found some good settings for hanzo, he always felt a bit off but lately I'm having a lot of fun with him in mh.

Now I just need the skin and dance to be a pro.

SAKE

Same for the most part (just got the 7th and it was 2 blues/whites), even purples were scarce in these last boxes.

I do prefer dupes though if it's not something I want from the event, more currency the better. Don't really want anything in particular from the regular stuff, I think I've bought everything I wanted already.

Got two loot boxes last night - both had purples and both were duplicates of dance emotes I already had.

I have 4 dance emotes total.

I hate this randomization.

Top Bottom