• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

There's a guy in my For Honor game called "Worst Junkrat Ever", must have been a pretty big accomplishment hue hue

sorry again LiK

Jmg6Riu.gif

wtf

jviggy43

Isn't it the case that when you see people that high or low below you they are from a different region but are ultimately still within your rank?

Went 3 and 2 in first 5 placements today. 3 wins with 3 teams that would organize and play together. 2 losses with teams that were doing their best impressions of leroy jenkins the entire time.

Jblanks

Six rounds of Numbani only to end in a draw, woof.

2nd worst map in the game next to Hanamura.

Well got Master already, don't really care about grand masters so I'll just play Hanzo only since I got the Cyberninja skin... kidding, but the good thing is I won't get tilted because I don't care as much.

KyleCross

Well, for my sheer love of Overwatch and to celebrate getting a gaming PC I bought Overwatch on PC. I'm most likely still going to play on PS4 mainly as I suck with keyboard and mouse and that's where all my stuff and friends are. But it's nice to have the PC version to pop in and play around with.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
2nd worst map in the game next to Hanamura.

Well got Master already, don't really care about grand masters so I'll just play Hanzo only.... kidding, but the good thing is I won't get tilted because I don't care as much.

Numbani is one of my favourites. I love how open it is, especially near the second cp.

Jblanks

Numbani is one of my favourites. I love how open it is, especially near the second cp.

Yea I'm probably in the minority but I just don't like anything about it from the aesthetics to the colours; maybe it's because no one really knows how to effectively take the first point, it's usually just a mess of fights that sometimes ends up in a cap. Also it's a Sym paradise.

The new Lockout Elimination sucks

That's great if locking out prevents teams from getting stomped but I'm not looking for that shit. Pretty stupid to remove the mode entirely for it. Standard 3v3 elimination was the standard mode for me and my friends......

9x screenshots take 1.5GB each when you're in 3440x1440, and my PC is pushed hard just bringing the files into Photoshop, but I love some of the results. I just want to take advantage of the white background as much as possible before it's gone.

Nimby

Banned
Zen is such an easy kill for Tracer, well you'd think at least. Most of my frags are on Tracers.

"LOL I'LL JUST FLANK AND PULS-" orb volley to the head

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Finally reached level 25 even though I've had this game since launch. So I get to partake in the fun of placement matches too, with only quickmatch to bias my MMR.

Lost the first 5, and then went 4-1. Was given a 1634 SR, which seems probably low given how easily i dominated the next 3 games I played. I think I didn't play my best during placements, overthinking everything and feeling like I have to play totally different now that it's "serious".

Zen is such an easy kill for Tracer, well you'd think at least. Most of my frags are on Tracers.

"LOL I'LL JUST FLANK AND PULS-" orb volley to the head

Sure, if you know they're there ahead of time. Most of the time they get a full clip in me before I get to even react. Same with Sombra.

Ramirez

9x screenshots take 1.5GB each when you're in 3440x1440, and my PC is pushed hard just bringing the files into Photoshop, but I love some of the results. I just want to take advantage of the white background as much as possible before it's gone.

These are awesome, do all of the characters!

Wait, what? I've used that skin since Summer Games and never heard that. The fuck?

Perhaps it was added in recently. I've only head the "Boomshakalaka" from D VA once in my 500+ hours, so maybe it's just super rare, lol.

Yager

Banned
Yesterday was without any doubt the worst day I've ever had. It's just ridiculous the amount of people that don't give a damn. Staying on the payload? Why? Oh you're a Genji and 3/4 of your team is getting out of spawn? Now might be the perfect time to go all in by yourself and die again and again and again. Oh, you're playing Mercy a you got Rez? That might be a good time to get on the frontlines and die instantly in every single push. Oh, the other team's Mercy might have rez, why would I want to kill her? Let her fly free and rez her whole team.

It's not about being good or bad, it's about game awareness. If you keep dying over and over again, maybe try to get closer to your team, or switch characters? 2-stack was pretty good last season, but now it seems like it's almost impossible to accomplish anything. I just can't believe it.

So finished last season on 28** range and game decides I should be placed at 2469. What a load of bullshit, that's with me playing Soldier mostly and getting a ton of kills. What the actual fuck Blizzard, placed in gold, really? That's nearly a 400 SR drop.

So I'm one win away from Platinum and of course we lose because our team can't fucking push the payload to the first point on Gibraltar.

What a shitty day for Overwatch, I'm just completely demoralised now.

That was nuts man, I still can't believe it, but after doing the math, I got placed like almost 400 below my season end (I ended in 327X, placed in 2912). Remember when you said that we had a pretty good winning rate doing 2-stack? I think yesterday we lost it all.

I'm pretty mad about the games and not happy about my placement, but yours was ridiculous, even I got mad and kinda sad. It's not fair. But like I told you, today I think I'll be most of the day playing comp, that's the only way to climb back up, so if you wanna try again I'm all in for it, if you don't, I understand it. But if you join my goal would be for you to reach at least plat, and like I said in the previous season: you're getting to diamond on this one.

Nimby

Banned
Sure, if you know they're there ahead of time. Most of the time they get a full clip in me before I get to even react. Same with Sombra.

Zen is all about positioning/sightlines etc. Make it so Tracers have to make themselves known to deal with you. Know the routes she can approach from and position yourself opposite the way the enemies are approaching. Also audio cues help out lots, so use earphones/headphones. You also have the callouts of other teammates but I can usually figure out who's coming after me where and when just from my own audio.

Yeah, it's still pretty easy for a Tracer 1-clip you. Just remember you two-tap her with headshots (that's even without discord). And if she can't really jump on you, you kinda have the advantage 1v1.

carlos

went 7-3 and dropped from 2589 to 2520...

It was a good day overall as I ended around 2800. I did run into the same goddamn guy throwing, twice in a space of 3 hours. First time with playing with someone doing that on PS4; I guess I should consider myself lucky.

LiK

Phew, finally won one with Buttchin in duo. 5 losses since placements before that so I need to win a lot more to climb back up.

Games weren't bad tonight but sometimes the randoms just get dejected so quickly. Buttchin and I were probably dying the least. At least the randoms on mic were nice guys. No toxic players thankfully. It's the magic of playing with Buttchin.

exYle

Phew, finally won one with Buttchin in duo. 5 losses since placements before that so I need to win a lot more to climb back up.

Games weren't bad tonight but sometimes the randoms just get dejected so quickly. Buttchin and I were probably dying the least. At least the randoms on mic were nice guys. No toxic players thankfully. It's the magic of playing with Buttchin.

Iunno, I feel like I died a lot hahah

Top Bottom