• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

LiK

Whats the drop rate on the event skins?
As in how may loot boxes on average will it take to get one?

The China droprate said legendaries drop after every 13.5 boxes. No one knows if that's the same for all regions. But it's completely random.

Duo with me right nyow.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier but I'm at work right now. I get off early at 12 though so I got a lot of time later.

Of course. People are still using their mains to slaughter everyone in QP who are just messing with random heroes. Fucking obvious. Had to pull out my mains just so I'm not forcing a fellow Gaffer to endure constant losses playing with me.

Don't smurfs usually have even better MMR than your mains? Did your placements with it yet?

I'm not even level 25 on my smurf yet I'll rank it up when the anniversary event is over. I'll probably use that account exclusively for grouping up so I don't think I could really outpace most of the group.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Went 8-2 or 7-3 can't remember, 2756 SR ended last season at 2810. Placement matches confirmed whack.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier but I'm at work right now. I get off early at 12 though so I got a lot of time later.

10 here, going to bed soon!

I got a single event skin thus far, Tracer's. She's the only character I don't know how to use, and already has less playtime than even Orisa. I'm taking this personally, Blizz.

The solution here is that everyone should move to the east coast of the U.S.

/looks at state of U.S. politics

You know what? Never mind.

Maintain 2800+ for 3 seasons, finish placements at 8-2 and place at 2449 Gold...

I was over 2800 for the entirety of season 4 until the last 2 weeks. I went on one losing streak that dropped me below 2600 and then had to go out of town for work for 2 weeks and didn't have time to get the SR back before the season ended. It seems like no matter what it just places you around 100-200 lower than your season ending rank. They should just get rid of placement matches at this point.

I lost two matches directly after that due to disconnects which left me pretty tilted. Going to climb this weekend and not stopping this season until Diamond. Let's gooooooooo!

X-Frame

So what are the most prevalent and standard comps now on Console? For Payload and Capture Point maps? I took S3 and 90% of S4 off so I'm trying to get back into things.

I see that Dive is transitioning more to Console, so I've been thinking of prioritizing D.Va, Winston, Zarya, and Zen.

I assume Winston popularity will drop once the Reaper buffs come through too.

LiK

So what are the most prevalent and standard comps now on Console? For Payload and Capture Point maps? I took S3 and 90% of S4 off so I'm trying to get back into things.

I see that Dive is transitioning more to Console, so I've been thinking of prioritizing D.Va, Winston, Zarya, and Zen.

I assume Winston popularity will drop once the Reaper buffs come through too.

I've seen a lot of Winstons lately and most of the players in Comp are good with him. When he's being pocket healed and protected by D.Va or Zarya, he's a pain in the ass to fight against. I had to resort to switching off to Junk to fuck up his bubble and try and trap him. Our groups had issues killing him.

Mr Git

Second placement match was a 6 round draw, third was another massive twatting :c Do two wins in a row count as a victory for comp? Wondered why one went to 3x3 and the other finished at 2x1

I really miss the time when Mercy wasn't in the game. On both sides.

During my placement matches I think there was only one game where the enemy team didn't have a Mercy. It was ridiculous.

We managed to do fairly well with a Zen/Lucio combo on our side anyway, though. Although occasionally we had to switch to a Mercy/Lucio to keep up.

2-2 so far but have played like crap for 3/4 matches. If I understand how placement matches work, I'd rather dominate and lose than struggle but get carried to wins. Hopefully I'm at least platinum.

Heysoos

I love when there's a Junkrat on the opposite team and I'm on Zarya. Then his team rolls in to a team fight and I'm already at over 90% charge.

Mr YuYu

Hey guys,

Just bought the digital version of overwatch to replace my disc version. Much more convient. Or so I thought...

I buy the digital version but now it will not let me download the game? Wtf?

I also deleted to disc game from the HDD since that version would not run without disc.

I cannot reinstall from my library as well because the game does not show up there...

When I go to the psn store it says: allready bought this content and 10 lootboxes...

Anyon
e got an idea what goes wrong?

Thx in advance!!!

exYle

When I was Zen in a map, a Tracer was just focusing on me until I had to switch out. No protection

This, I think, is by far the reason why dive comps fail. The tanks are weird. You get Winston and D.Va together and all of a sudden your Zen is fish food. He can't run away like Lucio can, and the tanks have both fucked off into enemy territory. Then Zen dies and suddenly your flanker DPS lose their sustain, and everybody loses discord. So while Zen pairs the best with Winston, he still needs a buddy to watch over him. Probably like a Zarya or something.

LiK

This, I think, is by far the reason why dive comps fail. The tanks are weird. You get Winston and D.Va together and all of a sudden your Zen is fish food. He can't run away like Lucio can, and the tanks have both fucked off into enemy territory. Then Zen dies and suddenly your flanker DPS lose their sustain, and everybody loses discord. So while Zen pairs the best with Winston, he still needs a buddy to watch over him. Probably like a Zarya or something.

Yea, haven't had a lot of luck as Zen in our games. I think when either one of us was him, we would just get focused on way too much. We need a full stack to stay alive. Randoms suck at protecting Support.

Anne

Have Zen just move forward with one of the tanks lol

Simple solution to a simple problem.

exYle

I don't think Zen following a Winston and D.va is as easy as you make it seem. And both tanks have the option of bailing when things get hairy, Zen does not.

tw1164

Hey guys,

Just bought the digital version of overwatch to replace my disc version. Much more convient. Or so I thought...

I buy the digital version but now it will not let me download the game? Wtf?

I also deleted to disc game from the HDD since that version would not run without disc.

I cannot reinstall from my library as well because the game does not show up there...

When I go to the psn store it says: allready bought this content and 10 lootboxes...

Anyon
e got an idea what goes wrong?

Thx in advance!!!

I had the same problem, sort your library by purchase date and you should be able to find the game you need to install.

LiK

We did that for the most part especially on the Payload maps. Like I said, they suck at protecting us. I had a Tracer AND a Genji just going ham on us.

Anne

I don't think Zen following a Winston and D.va is as easy as you make it seem. And both tanks have the option of bailing when things get hairy, Zen does not.

I don't think it's very hard. If you run 2/2/2 you can juggle tanks between him. If you have solo tank + trip DPS then you're just agreeing to a damage race and need to kill people before they get to him. That's just how it works.

If you're running 2/2/2 and Zen can't always have a babysitter in Lucio/D.Va/Winston there is a pretty big spacing issue going on.

We did that for the most part especially on the Payload maps. Like I said, they suck at protecting us. I had a Tracer AND a Genji just going ham on us.

I definitely found that playing Zen in a six stack was much more rewarding and led to more wins than when I try to play Zen in solo or smaller groups. People actually heeded my call outs and protected me when I needed it.

When I play by myself, all I get is "I need healing" after I'm already dead from a Tracer/Roadhog and I'm shuffling my slow monk ass back from spawn.

exYle

I don't think it's very hard. If you run 2/2/2 you can juggle tanks between him. If you have solo tank + trip DPS then you're just agreeing to a damage race and need to kill people before they get to him. That's just how it works.

If you're running 2/2/2 and Zen can't always have a babysitter in Lucio/D.Va/Winston there is a pretty big spacing issue going on.

This is just an issue of life in diamond or lower in solo/duo queue. If both tanks are divers, you can bet your ass they're both diving. It's a communication issue rather than a mechanical one.

Zen by nature is supposed to be closer to the backlines like Ana, where leaving a D.va or Winston to protect him reduces the effectiveness of either tank. No way in hell a solo queue tank wants to miss out on the action to protect a healer.

LiK

We were in duo queue and the randoms straight up did jack to stop the flankers from getting to us. It's not that easy. We just didn't have a good team against the assault.

Fugu

They need to do this. Our group was shocked how quickly a Mercy had rez right at the underground part area in Gibraltar. BS
Mercy is a character built around her ult being available often. If they slowed her charge rate by any significant amount, they'd probably have to give her a decent-sized buff to compensate, and I have a hard time imagining that people who are having trouble killing her now are going to like a version of her that has more mechanisms to compensate for less ults.

As it is right now you don't even need to kill her; you just need to harass her so much that she can't help her team and/or is forced to take a suboptimal res.

Complaining about Mercy is like complaining about Junkrat. The game is rife with ways to deal with her.

LiK

Mercy is a character built around her ult being available often. If they slowed her charge rate by any significant amount, they'd probably have to give her a decent-sized buff to compensate, and I have a hard time imagining that people who are having trouble killing her now are going to like a version of her that has more mechanisms to compensate for less ults.

As it is right now you don't even need to kill her; you just need to harass her so much that she can't help her team and/or is forced to take a suboptimal res.

Complaining about Mercy is like complaining about Junkrat. The game is rife with ways to deal with her.

No one said significant amount had to be changed. Just make her Ult 15% slower. It goes up way too fast. Like I said before, it's a gamechanging Ult with the ability to revive an entire team so it shouldn't be charging as quickly as it does right now.

Welcome to my world. I had 3 lootboxes last night and all blues and whites and ALL dupes.

I was wrong about fulfilling my legendary quota. My very next box I got another one.

The Genji event skin. Duplicate. The only event skin I have.

So two legendary drops in a row that amounts to a whopping 700 coins.

This game.

6 of my placement matches done on my main account which is definitely going for gold. 3 draws and 3 losses. Leavers, tricklers, over-extenders, and throwers. Diamond and up isn't a paradise, but at least 75% of the time the players there don't make the most basic of mistakes over and over.

catspit

6 of my placement matches done on my main account which is definitely going for gold. 3 draws and 3 losses. Leavers, tricklers, over-extenders, and throwers. Diamond and up isn't a paradise, but at least 75% of the time the players there don't make the most basic of mistakes over and over.

I am actually kind of dreading placements.. The leavers really mess over everyone else on the team and it happens soooo often solo q

see.. i probably shouldn't have chose to use zen during placement when most of my games in the past season were with lucio. i think i only dude lucio twice so far and they were a lost because team just was too spread out for me to even heal. guess i'll be going for golden balls now too.

Fugu

No one said significant amount had to be changed. Just make her Ult 15% slower. It goes up way too fast. Like I said before, it's a gamechanging Ult with the ability to revive an entire team so it shouldn't be charging as quickly as it does right now.
15 percent is a massive nerf for a character that already isn't especially good.

Res has a huge number of drawbacks and is stapled to a character with 200 health. If you are staying focused on your targets and are exercising some degree of ult economy Mercy shouldn't be a persistent problem.
This is just an issue of life in diamond or lower in solo/duo queue. If both tanks are divers, you can bet your ass they're both diving. It's a communication issue rather than a mechanical one.

Zen by nature is supposed to be closer to the backlines like Ana, where leaving a D.va or Winston to protect him reduces the effectiveness of either tank. No way in hell a solo queue tank wants to miss out on the action to protect a healer.
Dive comp works because the initiative gives you the ability to dictate the terms of the team fight. With that in mind, two things:

1. The healers aren't necessarily going to survive a fight and that's not always bad. It often doesn't make sense for DPS or even tanks to shift focus to try to kill a Tracer to save Zen because in the time it takes to kill a competent Tracer a dive comp can probably wipe out half the team. If you're playing Zen in a dive comp you need to be cogniscant of that; I often see Zens in dives waste time trying to kill a flanker when discord is sorely needed elsewhere.

2. Because your team isn't a pro team you can make some ideological concessions to get better results. It's true that, as Anne says, in a 2/2/2 dive you should get some coverage but you might not in your average comp game. This, coupled by the fact that Zen is by far the most helpless as an individual of the healers means that you are often better served just playing someone else. Lucio, Ana and to a certain extent Mercy all play just fine with dives and are all less vulnerable to being flanked.

I wouldn't mind the actual resurrection Mercy does taking longer to complete. Part the ult's power is that it often throws people into awkward positions.

Kenai

I got a single event skin thus far, Tracer's. She's the only character I don't know how to use, and already has less playtime than even Orisa. I'm taking this personally, Blizz.

True story, once i actually learned how to use Tracer I stopped getting skins for her and the rng moved on to someone else I don't use (or gold, usually gold). Compared to 6 months ago when I got 4 of her f*cking Christmas skin.

You know what you must do! (and honestly she's a lot of fun when she clicks with you, she's a much squishier but much harder to hit/chase version of a diver like Winston or D.Va. She's my favorite choice for harassing an enemy Mercy/Zen/Lucio now, only character I can reliably flank with)

LiK

Zen is great with a good team even in dive comp. But good luck hoping randoms will protect you in Plat range. I'll only resort to playing as him in a stack now.

Fugu

I wouldn't mind the actual resurrection Mercy does taking longer to complete. Part the ult's power is that it often throws people into awkward positions.
There's a case to be made that the main reason that res is currently a very good ult but not a great one is that it takes so long for people to come back in as it is. The team on the other side of the res has ample time to set up.

Nimby

Banned
Delete Mercy and re-buff Ana. Mercy problem solved.

Mercy is still like the 4th best support lol

Ana is a hero that just cannot function properly on a controller as is. She doesn't really need buffs.

EDIT: And Res is like, the only reason you use Mercy. That and as a Pharah/Widow pocket. You nerf res like that without compensation, well goodbye Mercy again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mercy's the 2nd best support right now and the best 'primary' healer

Number 1 is Lucio and its not really for his healing like usual

Top Bottom