• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Nimby

Banned
Kariv and Fate are now on Immortals. Mighty AOD even won that set against KDP, but ultimately got 3rd seat (had to win with a 3-0). Sucks, that match was pretty hype.

Nomi and Aythen are out for the main roster.

Gorillaz

That's possible?

I've only seen him get quiet like that once before and it was when he ran into moon moon's genji account and XQC was getting tilted at moonmoon saying shit like "heal me" or "host me for 1v1" in genji's voice type of stuff lol.

I don't watch alot of these guys all the time let alone twitch but when I do it's always hilarious .

Tomorrow will be a fun day to see many teams compete in Overwatch Contenders. It's probably why servers are unstable now when many teams are practicing.

MartyStu

can still one shot 200hp heroes
complains about nerf

go to bed, harbleu guy

The argument that Roadhog is useless if he cannot one-shot most heroes has value.

I think what Blizzard is doing is probably for the best though. They should definitely follow it up by reverting the hook recharge nerf.

can still one shot 200hp heroes
complains about nerf

go to bed, harbleu guy
Roadhog can't consistently 1-shot 200 HP heroes anymore. That's the problem.

Buff Widow

Kariv was also the Ana/Zen for MAOD
It's a good thing Roadhog can't 1-shot anymore. Kappa.

The argument that Roadhog is useless if he cannot one-shot most heroes has value.

I think what Blizzard is doing is probably for the best though. They should definitely follow it up by reverting the hook recharge nerf.
I don't think his right-click needs to 1-shot (though if it can't, it needs another ability - I've suggested a damage debuff effect so he can play his role to some degree), but the hook combo absolutely needs to kill.

Hog is already much worse than people realize just because you can farm so much ult charge off of him.

The damage nerf is silly, although I'm perfectly fight with the right click not getting random kills anymore.

is this how low level gameplay is. when they can't take out a lucio on point on oasis circling around the hut in the center of point.
we had a useless widow, soldier, and pharah. Widow should have switched to winston. but whatever. 84 hours in comp last season on her. i see why they wouldn't change.

first 3 rounds i ended up with gold elims with lucio. just finishing people off. getting them easy kills. but still. ended with like 10k damage by the end of the game which is good since i didn't get a medal for that.

Nimby

Banned
Hog is already much worse than people realize just because you can farm so much ult charge off of him.

The damage nerf is silly, although I'm perfectly fight with the right click not getting random kills anymore.

I'd rather have one-shot Hog than the Hog on the PTR. I would prefer a full rework of that character above anything else, but not the lazy shit they put on the PTR. That just looks bad.

Yeah keep the right click change. It's in the same shitty pool as scatter and Junkrat.

I’ve been taking my placement matches slow, just one a day. So far I’ve won them all. My last match was pretty good it came down to 2-2 on Ilios, I even got PotG with Lucio lol.

Big Nikus

Played a game today and someone on the opposite team gave a twitch adress. I checked it out, and was horrified to see they were playing at 15-20 fps.
(I checked it at one point and saw they had their ult, it saved my life lol)

Heysoos

I’ve been taking my placement matches slow, just one a day. So far I’ve won them all. My last match was pretty good it came down to 2-2 on Ilios, I even got PotG with Lucio lol.

Eh, I'd just go all in on placement matches. They're basically a warmup before the climb. They seem to be pretty useless.

MartyStu

Roadhog can't consistently 1-shot 200 HP heroes anymore. That's the problem.

It's a good thing Roadhog can't 1-shot anymore. Kappa.

I don't think his right-click needs to 1-shot (though if it can't, it needs another ability - I've suggested a damage debuff effect so he can play his role to some degree), but the hook combo absolutely needs to kill.

If he can just disrupt positioning with enough frequency, THAT may be his ultimate role.

That would require a lot further re-working of his kit though. Something I fully support.

The easiest fix to Roadhog's hook combo would be to simply have the hitboxes of characters adjust when he hooks them so that he can always kill them with the combo.

I think a lot of Roadhog players don't know that there are consequences to how much they get hit and heal because the other team ulting more often isn't a direct consequence. It wasn't until I watched Harbleu play that I realized how sloppy I was, and that I was likely the reason my teams lost - just from feeding damage.

I'm not sure I would classify the right-click kills as "random". It took me about 50 matches with Roadhog as a newbie before I used it at just the right distance and - POP - someone died. At first I thought a teammate smoked the target as I hit at the same time, but then I did research and discovered Roadhog had this ability. Since then, I have worked very hard at trying to put myself at just the right range to maximize the damage on that right-click, and it's doubly a skillshot in that you have to lead the shot AND space yourself to get the 1HKO. Is it a good idea for Roadhog to have it? I don't know. But I do know that when I 1HKO two people in a row and hook a third in for a kill, absolutely none of that is random - it's the result of a lot of training.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
If they're going to nerf Roadhog for one shotting 200hp heroes with ease, they need to find a way to fix/nerf scatter arrow's damage output of one shotting 400-500hp tanks as well.

As much as I heard people complain about Hog, people complaining about scatter arrows felt like number 2 on the list.

Hog is my favourite thing to go up against as Tracer. Bait his hook and then farm him for ult. You can get a Pulse bomb in 30-40 seconds flat and then go use it on a higher value target. Same goes for Sombra.

ISOM

If they're going to nerf Roadhog for one shotting 200hp heroes with ease, they need to find a way to fix/nerf scatter arrow's damage output of one shotting 400-500hp tanks as well.

As much as I heard people complain about Hog, people complaining about scatter arrows felt like number 2 on the list.

Widowmaker should be 2nd on that list, Hanzo third if we're talking about one shotting heroes needing to be nerfed.

does this mean we might have a summer event?

hots skin.

J7FrJcN.png

its close to getting rein and hog in a speedo

LiK

Fun stack. That King's Row was a crazy intense game. Good one to end it on. I'm into the 3100's and climbing.

Lik that was the god Junkrat, god damn.

Thanks, that one game brought me back up to my placement SR. Just erased all my losses in one match. Crazy ass SR system.

AbaFadi

Banned
Thanks, that one game brought me back up to my placement SR. Just erased all my losses in one match. Crazy ass SR system.

If you need another person for your comp group let me know. I can join on an alt account with you guys if needed.

Owzers

I strolled into diamond with those games but I almost gave up on comp after our first game had an attack Torb. Luckily we drew with their bad offense.

Gooood gaaaaames.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
it really highlights how fucking weird and inhuman tracer looks when you see her fleshy legs

pepper ann looking mother fucker

I strolled into diamond with those games but I almost gave up on comp after our first game had an attack Torb. Luckily we drew with their bad offense.

Gooood gaaaaames.

Who are you and what have you done to Owzers account? He would never complain about Torb, even on attack.

Top Bottom