• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

randome

Placed in low gold which i guess isnt the end of the world since I ended in high gold. Hopefully I can get platinum or diamond this season. If any other similarly ranked gaffers wanna play on PSN sometimes that'd be neat.

New season and I already have almost double the time playing as Rein as I do any other hero. How the fuck does this keep happening, I said I wasn't gonna fall into the Rein trap again.

New season and I already have almost double the time playing as Rein as I do any other hero. How the fuck does this keep happening, I said I wasn't gonna fall into the Rein trap again.

This is how mains are born.

Then people check you profile and assume you have to play Rein by default otherwise you are "throwing" by not picking your best character according to them.

It's like when I pick dps or tank and no one goes healer, 30s after I have some teammates punching me because I have a lot of hours with support, like it's my obligation to do it.

Just gonna drop this here in case someone hasn't seen it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv...ect_uses_the_enemy_tracers_pulse_bomb_to_his/

almost frame perfect play

Wow

ZangBa

I have 3 wins and 1 draw so far, but the draw makes no sense. We had more of the point taken than the other team. If it was the other way around and we played defense first, we would have won. We were already at a disadvantage basically being forced to play on the point so wtf Jeff.

chur

I thought you didn't get a timeout for quitting just one game. I thought it was 2 or more. 4 out of my last 5 games have had throwers right off the bat. I should've just stayed in game.

Chance

Play whoever gives you the most success. This ain't QP.

More and more that's becoming Tracer for me >.< feels selfish.

But I had an Ilios match last night, me solo with a five stack, and they went all DPS so I'm like "okay at least I don't have to feel guilty about it," and went Tracer.

Did okay, but I was dying too much - and twice to a Reaper! We took the first round mostly off the back of our Hanzo, in round 2 the reds take the point early and one of the five stack drops.

The fill goes Orisa, I switch to Mercy, I killed that fucking Reaper three times and we won handily.

I love a good Mercy round.

LiK

I thought you didn't get a timeout for quitting just one game. I thought it was 2 or more. 4 out of my last 5 games have had throwers right off the bat. I should've just stayed in game.

Nope, they changed it. Just stay in and just practice your aiming if people leave or throw. You get XP anyways.

Just spent an entire match getting cussed at for my apparently insufficient healing. Every single PS4 Silver/Gold match I get in will only have a healer if I pick one (which I am fine with, it is my favorite class) and no one is ever willing to play a second support. The Hanzo-instalock guy always says they will switch if needed but then never do. It's impossible to climb and torturous to play.

The cards come up at the end and I have over 40 defensive assists (54% participation) and did over 11k healing in a match we win 3-0. But I get to feel like shit because I was getting yelled at the whole time.

And the loot box I got after the match was White White Blue White.

So why do I even play this game?

Rafy

Guys I have a question.

I just started playing competitive when this season began, after reading up and studying for hours. Unfortunately, I did my placement matches right as the season began, and all I got was throwers and trolls. I won only 2 games due to that and the fact that I was dumb enough not to stick to Mercy that I know how to play well. Now I am stuck in low bronze because no one uses mics or communicates, or they just pick heroes for the hell of it.

Now I committed to Mercy and won myself a few games when people are open to suggestions and guidance. My Mercy stats are around Gold I according to Oversumo, but it makes little difference when I am the only healer on the team, and people trickle in or charge into the point individually. The concept of killing yourself to re-spawn with the team does not even exist here...

Do you guys have any tips? I am playing in solo queues, 'cause I don't know anyone else in bronze or low silver. I'm on PC (EU) BTW

LiK

Just spent an entire match getting cussed at for my apparently insufficient healing. Every single PS4 Silver/Gold match I get in will only have a healer if I pick one (which I am fine with, it is my favorite class) and no one is ever willing to play a second support. The Hanzo-instalock guy always says they will switch if needed but then never do. It's impossible to climb and torturous to play.

The cards come up at the end and I have over 40 defensive assists (54% participation) and did over 11k healing in a match we win 3-0. But I get to feel like shit because I was getting yelled at the whole time.

If people start yelling at you, just leave team chat or mute the offenders. There's no reason to take that shit.

Play whoever gives you the most success. This ain't QP.

Sometimes Rein does. Then other times I got dick for healers or DPS and I'm just sitting there with a broken shield raging on how much I hate life.

Consistently I do better as Zarya, Hog, and Roadhog since I can actively contribute to damage or picks.

Either way I had a good winstreak today so I'm 1 win from breaking into the 3700s.

Gorillaz

Guys I have a question.

I just started playing competitive when this season began, after reading up and studying for hours. Unfortunately, I did my placement matches right as the season began, and all I got was throwers and trolls. I won only 2 games due to that and the fact that I was dumb enough not to stick to Mercy that I know how to play well. Now I am stuck in low bronze because no one uses mics or communicates, or they just pick heroes for the hell of it.

Now I committed to Mercy and won myself a few games when people are open to suggestions and guidance. My Mercy stats are around Gold I according to Oversumo, but it makes little difference when I am the only healer on the team, and people trickle in or charge into the point individually. The concept of killing yourself to re-spawn with the team does not even exist here...

Do you guys have any tips? I am playing in solo queues, 'cause I don't know anyone else in bronze or low silver. I'm on PC (EU) BTW
I can't speak for oversumo but I hear that it's not accurate in terms of the actually team fights and match ups.

In terms of climbing back up it wouldn't hurt to find a hero you know for sure your money on especially in terms of attack/tank. Never played in bronze but I wouldn't be suprised if Pharahs just eat people alive.

If people start yelling at you, just leave team chat or mute the offenders. There's no reason to take that shit.
It's not just the yelling (though that certainly didn't feel great), it's that I always get stuck with shitty comps. Absolutely no one else wants to play a healer, and then *I* am the one that gets shit on for doing my best at something no one else will do. I can't heal anyone if my Hanzo, Genji, and Soldier insta-lock teammates let a Reaper continuously slide directly through them to destroy me.

And then the game rubs salt in the wound by giving me shitty 'rewards' for playing.

It's not just the yelling (though that certainly didn't feel great), it's that I always get stuck with shitty comps. Absolutely no one else wants to play a healer, and then *I* am the one that gets shit on for doing my best at something no one else will do. I can't heal anyone if my Hanzo, Genji, and Soldier insta-lock teammates let a Reaper continuously slide directly through them to destroy me.

And then the game rubs salt in the wound by giving me shitty 'rewards' for playing.

Team up with people here. At least, that's what I want to do. :p

I forgot how good a truly coordinated dive comp feels. Was playing as Zarya with Winston and Genji. On Control Center we got a Quintuple kill barely 3 seconds into the first engagement then shut them out the rest of the match.

Geneijin

I don't get it. He just recalled so the pulse bomb wasn't stuck to him anymore and it killed the enemy tracer instead?
Invulnerability frames prevented Effect from taking damage while enemy Pulse Bomb was stuck to him. He blinked into the enemy Tracer when it was about to explode and then instantly Recalled for said effect (pun intended).

MG310

Didn't expect to finish Mafia 3 in 4 play sessions so I guess I'll be doing my placements tomorrow or Monday.

Definitely not putting another 200 hours into Comp this time. Expecting my SR to drop 200 or so like it did after S4 placements.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I forgot how good a truly coordinated dive comp feels. Was playing as Zarya with Winston and Genji. On Control Center we got a Quintuple kill barely 3 seconds into the first engagement then shut them out the rest of the match.

If they push those hog changes this will basically be every game.

Everyone will bow down before the winston menace.

What's your PSN? I'm always looking for more people to group with!

Kenai

When people start bitching about my healing, especially if I am doing well at it, I will just switch to a different role and not touch a healer the rest of the match. I'll still keep playing and not sit in spawn trolling or anything, don't get me wrong, but I literally don't have time for verbal abuse. It's by far the easiest way to tell them to go f*ck themselves without actually saying a word, and they can't report you for switching and playing a different role or anything like that.

Eidt: and muting of course

Rafy

I can't speak for oversumo but I hear that it's not accurate in terms of the actually team fights and match ups.

In terms of climbing back up it wouldn't hurt to find a hero you know for sure your money on especially in terms of attack/tank. Never played in bronze but I wouldn't be suprised if Pharahs just eat people alive.

I main Mercy, which I know almost inside and out by now, and I am pretty good with D.va too. I need to get better at playing DPS.

edit: I befriended 3 other players with comms and we ended up doing pretty well. Not out of bronze yet but if the rest of the games we play go this well, there might be some hope yet. Turns out the lack of communication was the issue.

Nimby

Banned
NRG is seated behind Kelvin and the Chipmunks (Seagull/Ajax) and lost to FNRGFE (Enigma/Clockwork)

Both teams with former NRG members

EDIT: Also "Ajax is the problem"

exYle

Y'know, I think everyone is sleeping on Pharah's new skin a bit. The overall design may not be as cool as some of her other legendaries, but damn her gun looks so cool!

Also when is everyone gonna be playing today, trying to plan the rest of my night

Y'know, I think everyone is sleeping on Pharah's new skin a bit. The overall design may not be as cool as some of her other legendaries, but damn her gun looks so cool!

Also when is everyone gonna be playing today, trying to plan the rest of my night
I'm available now. But only Cappa is on. I don't dare duo on Euro servers.

Moonkid

Pharahs new skin is easily my favorite, that hood is way too cool.

Ill work around when you guys decide to go on, its morning for me on a Sunday so Im pretty flexible :p

Top Bottom