• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Getting lag spikes and then a disconnect JUST before it says "Victory" in comp. Seems too convenient...

And if course I get banned for 10 minutes

Just had a random disconnect.

Luckily was able to log back in a minute later and our team is still ticking. So we held out and won.

First random disconnect ever.

Pollux and I are having decent luck as a duo. Though one game we had to really fight for
I'm glad. I just felt like I was never gelling with the team for pretty much every game. We pulled out a couple wins but this was a day that I should've stopped early.

Hope everyone can get back the SR that I cost them today.

Just had a random disconnect.

Luckily was able to log back in a minute later and our team is still ticking. So we held out and won.

First random disconnect ever.
Hmm maybe. While it was lagging and everyone was teleporting someone on my team was like "whoooaaaaaa" so maybe they got it too

catspit

7 Wins, 1 Draw and 2 Losses. how in the hell do I get placed in Gold @ 2083. when I had multi player of the game etc. :D dang.

Nimby

Banned
Only gained 26 points today. Had a fire Zen game on Nepal, then had a Numbani game where a trio wouldn't join team chat. :)

rulerk1

If you're not winning the Widow 1v1's and even get spawn camped at one point pls switch off. You won't get your revenge. It's not even. Not even close

When you go random hero mode. And eventually your team gets the following comp.

Mercy, Lucio, Pharah, Soldier, Zarya, Orisa.

And everyone has gold guns...the resulting steamroll is brutal.

Owzers

I'm glad. I just felt like I was never gelling with the team for pretty much every game. We pulled out a couple wins but this was a day that I should've stopped early.

Hope everyone can get back the SR that I cost them today.

Those last few games could have turned us into a couple of Neds.

Mystery heroes is not the answer, come back to us Ned.

Blues1990

I was playing tonight and in my first match we were defending Anubis pretty well, when two people bailed, then another two bailed before the penalty timer was up. Just left my friend and I to get stomped in a 2v6. They rolled us before the timer finished. Nothing we could do but take the loss.

After that, all the games that I've played this week have been a montage of "Hey, we're doing great!" to "Uh-oh, we're doomed." and I'm now in mid gold. Not due to how our team or the opposing team are playing, but it's due to fuckers bailing at the most inopportune of times. Doesn't help the people on this forum suck with getting back to my requests of grouping up for comp, and the Discord server is just as bad.

I'm seriously starting to hate this ranking system, as the games do not often feel evenly matched at all.

LiK

Was with Pollux and Buttchin and was in a game against throwers. Something tells me they had an argument in spawn about picks lol.

3-0 with you guys so that was good. Alternating between Soldier and Junk seems to be the winning formula for me this season. Seems if they're really good countering against my Soldier, they have zero experience against a good Junk.

Edit: In the mid 2800s now. Climbing seems pretty breezy with Buttchin. He's a great shot caller and we haven't done any full stacks. Maybe that's the key?

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Managed to make it back to Diamond thankfully, solo-queueing through Platinum is a nightmare. Every game has a Roadhog and no one knows how to avoid his hook, so the DPS routinely just give up on shooting him and try to 1v1 the other Genji or whatever.

LiK

Managed to make it back to Diamond thankfully, solo-queueing through Platinum is a nightmare. Every game has a Roadhog and no one knows how to avoid his hook, so the DPS routinely just give up on shooting him and try to 1v1 the other Genji or whatever.

That sounds so bad. Soldier can tear down Hog as long as you aim at his fat head and try to stay further away from hook range. Not easy but ignoring a Hog is just not doing your job as DPS.

Was with Pollux and Buttchin and was in a game against throwers. Something tells me they had an argument in spawn about picks lol.

3-0 with you guys so that was good. Alternating between Soldier and Junk seems to be the winning formula for me this season. Seems if they're really good countering against my Soldier, they have zero experience against a good Junk.

Edit: In the mid 2800s now. Climbing seems pretty breezy with Buttchin. He's a great shot caller and we haven't done any full stacks. Maybe that's the key?

That last match was weird as hell. I'll take it being on their team and not ours though, although I would have rather had a full victory because I might have gotten that extra 3 SR I needed for Platinum. Ah well - I climbed 200 points in one night with you two so I'm happy.

Also I really wanted the Lucio trophy but they kept killing themselves on the cars which doesn't count since you don't get credit for the killing blow with that. If only the match had been on like Lijiang or something, I could have booped my way to that trophy finally.

In my placement matches, I had a 5 game win streak as a full stack, so a little bit of everything has been working for me. Although it seemed like with 4 and 5 stacks I've had the worst luck so far this season. Maybe either go duo/trio, or full stack, but not in between?

As long as you don't charge away and abandon your team to a D.Va nuke

Listen, man, the buttons are right next to each other.

:(

LiK

That last match was weird as hell. I'll take it being on their team and not ours though, although I would have rather had a full victory because I might have gotten that extra 3 SR I needed for Platinum. Ah well - I climbed 200 points in one night with you two so I'm happy.

In my placements matches, I had a 5 game win streak as a full stack though, so a little bit of everything has been working for me. Although it seemed like with 4 and 5 stacks I've had the worst luck so far this season. Maybe either go duo/trio, or full stack, but not in between?

Listen, man, the buttons are right next to each other.

:(

Seem 4-5 stacks were alright. 6 stacks are usually so sweaty that they are super hard games unless the other team is just sucking bad. But I'll take full stacks over solo q any day. Seems like 3-4 has been working the best for me if we get good randoms. We were lucky to play with good randoms tonight. None of the guys were dicks.

That one solo Mei in our last game was creepy. Guy just stood there most of the time. You'll see in the clip.

Owzers

Gonna render clips and upload my games with Buttchin and Pollux.

I'm kinda surprised you're still awake.

I was debating coming back to overwatch tonight but I settled for watching the rest of Sandler's Sandy Wexler Netflix movie. I should have just tried sleeping.

Y'know, I think everyone is sleeping on Pharah's new skin a bit. The overall design may not be as cool as some of her other legendaries, but damn her gun looks so cool!

Also when is everyone gonna be playing today, trying to plan the rest of my night

The weapon looks amazing and overall it became my favorite skin, no helmet in-game, you can see the fingers (super important I know) and it goes so well with the highlight intro where she takes her helmet off... <3

Golden weapon still looks like shit though, I don't know why I even bought it for her, the only skin where it does looks good (Anubis) has a freaking white spot in the gun when the skin is all black, doesn't make any sense. Can't deal with it.

Those last few games could have turned us into a couple of Neds.

Mystery heroes is not the answer, come back to us Ned.

Was sleeping for like 10h, no mh for me today... yet :p

I don't see anyone complimenting you for reaching masters due to your symmetra play though. I was expecting big things.

MG310

Did my placements:

1. W - King's Row - 1-0 - A: Zenyatta D: Symmetra
2. W - Volskaya - 1-0 - A: Roadhog D: Symmetra
3. L - Route 66 - 0-3 - A:Zenyatta D: Roadhog (Attack was Hanzo/Widow, 1 tank, 1 healer)
4. W - Illios - 3-1 - Roadhog
5. W - Gibraltar - 3-0 - A:Zenyatta D:Symmetra
6. W - Hanamura - 2-1 A:Zenyatta D: Symmetra
7. W - Eichenwald - 1-0 - A:Roadhog D:Symmetra
8. W - Oasis 3-1 - Zenyatta
9. L - Lijiang 0-3 - Roadhog/Zenyatta
10.W - Nepal - 3-2 Roadhog - We had a terrible Symmetra through every round

Placed me at 2433...back in Gold I guess but only dropped half as much after placements as last season.

I have a stupid question:

How do I get stacks to join Team Chat on console?
My friend and I had a match with a 4-stack. We held under the bridge before the second checkpoint on Dorado, playing well, but it would have been so much better if we could hear them/ talk to them.

We decided to try walking up to anyone holding still in spawn and spam hello, then shake our heads no if they said hello back. Didn't work.

We still won handily, but is there any known method of at least suggesting their stack join Chat?

LiK

Did my placements:

1. W - King's Row - 1-0 - A: Zenyatta D: Symmetra
2. W - Volskaya - 1-0 - A: Roadhog D: Symmetra
3. L - Route 66 - 0-3 - A:Zenyatta D: Roadhog (Attack was Hanzo/Widow, 1 tank, 1 healer)
4. W - Illios - 3-1 - Roadhog
5. W - Gibraltar - 3-0 - A:Zenyatta D:Symmetra
6. W - Hanamura - 2-1 A:Zenyatta D: Symmetra
7. W - Eichenwald - 1-0 - A:Roadhog D:Symmetra
8. W - Oasis 3-1 - Zenyatta
9. L - Lijiang 0-3 - Roadhog/Zenyatta
10.W - Nepal - 3-2 Roadhog - We had a terrible Symmetra through every round

Placed me at 2433...back in Gold I guess but only dropped half as much after placements as last season.

You're close to Plat so the climb shouldn't be too bad.

4 golds as Lucio on Volskaya. Loss.

Your team needed that 5th gold medal from you, make sure you play better next time.

I have a stupid question:

How do I get stacks to join Team Chat on console?
My friend and I had a match with a 4-stack. We held under the bridge before the second checkpoint on Dorado, playing well, but it would have been so much better if we could hear them/ talk to them.

We decided to try walking up to anyone holding still in spawn and spam hello, then shake our heads no if they said hello back. Didn't work.

We still won handily, but is there any known method of at least suggesting their stack join Chat?

Pick Torb, don't leave the spawn and spam group up. It's the universal code.

Seriously though, for the most part stacks never join team chat. I guess you can try to pm one of them or something.

It makes no logical sense that I am the best player on my solo queue team EVERY SINGLE TIME. So I must not be, and medals and game sense are just telling the wrong story. I don't want to beleive I'm that unlucky, I just must be missing something. Playing well and the game still feels absolutely impossible to win is the worst fucking feeling in this game.

Wanna do some QP or MH?
Im closer to uninstalling.

Edit: actually, yes. I'm going to be zoned the fuck out though. No mic, blaring music, giving zero shits.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
The Mercys out today are absolutely atrocious. Why do people play this fucking character when they are so awful with her?

Because she's "easy to play" and they get to feel important when they press triangle.

And also she's super fun, to be fair. I almost never pick her anymore because DPS randoms are too unreliable, but if my team can actually put out damage then weaving in and out of the fray and managing to stay alive with her is really rewarding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o80cAOP1JkA

LiK

It makes no logical sense that I am the best player on my solo queue team EVERY SINGLE TIME. So I must not be, and medals and game sense are just telling the wrong story. I don't want to beleive I'm that unlucky, I just must be missing something. Playing well and the game still feels absolutely impossible to win is the worst fucking feeling in this game.

Edit: actually, yes. I'm going to be zoned the fuck out though. No mic, blaring music, giving zero shits.

Ok, I'll be on. Group XP bonus is worth the pain. I'll practice as Sombra if it's QP.

True. It feels very discouraging.

index.gif

This is it, give in to the wonders of mh.

Moonkid

I've been playing with Spotify in the background using daily playlists when grinding for boxes on arcade, makes it marginally more bearable :p

Last four loot boxes:

Box 1: Legendary drop. 500 coins.
Box 2: Legendary drop. Duplicate Genji event skin.
Box 3: Standard white, white, blue, white.
Box 4: Legendary drop. Duplicate Young Hanzo skin.

What the fuck is going on? I've never gotten so many frequent legendary drops, yet they've been absolutely worthless.
Definitely being trolled by Blizzard at this point.

And why is solo only competitive queues not a thing yet?

Top Bottom