• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

catspit

I should just do my placements and get them over with.. All I can picture is "A player on your team has left the match" lol ;/

Heysoos

Anyone want to team up on PC? I'm playing Ana mainly. I'm starting to tilt pretty badly because people keep making weird ass fucking character picks and refuse to switch when it's not working for them. I was at 2339, now on a five game losing streak.

LOL nothing like winning 5 placements in a row and then having your 6th be against a team of all master / GM level smurfs on their level 20 accounts. What a fucking load of horseshit.

Of course Blizzard won't care enough to do anything about it since they're getting extra money with each account and these kids keep stealing their parents' credit cards to buy lootboxes and shit.

Fuck they need to start making multiplayer games with an "I have a job" filter. Such trash.

_Legacy_

I don't know what that Blizzard developer was smoking, the SR boost after placements seemed to run out after 8-10 games for me.

dhlt25

after a terrible placement 3-5-2 I somehow ended up around the same sr as the end of last season and today finally made it to platinum for the first time. Feels good.

Nimby

Banned
Y'know, I think everyone is sleeping on Pharah's new skin a bit. The overall design may not be as cool as some of her other legendaries, but damn her gun looks so cool!

Also when is everyone gonna be playing today, trying to plan the rest of my night

That's one of the best skins. Shocked people don't like it.

Paltheos

Cool. One of those 'huh' moments in-game that made me smile. I'm playing Widow in Oasis Gardens in QP just for the heck of it. I'm returning to the point, our Lucio Sound Barriers so I decide 'fuck it' and just charge into the point. I hear the enemy Junkrat shout his own ult and their Roadhog wholehogs too, pushing me to a corner of the point. I see the Junkrat just sitting there in side hall though, so I scope in for the headshot, shoot, and... huh?

"Achievement Unlocked: Smooth as Silk".

I couldn't tell while i was scoped in but even though I wasn't being focused on by the Roadhog, I'd been just barely lifted off the ground and because of the sound barrier I had plenty of health to take it all. It was at this moment I realized that I could scarcely have deliberately set up so perfect a scenario for unlocking this achievement. Because god knows I was never unlocking it the way it's intended.

Edit: On an unrelated note, I hit level 700 on this game. Neat.

Wanderer5

Eh, Bedouin looks good mostly, but I won't mind much if I don't get it. Mechaqueen and Raindancer are so awesome anyway, through if the leak is correct regarding astronaut skins possibly coming, I would kind of love to see one for Pharah.XD

I glad I got her dance through, which is quite awesome. I wish I could get her golden player icon however.

I just got Pharahs new skin and I love it personally (Partially because its one of the damn few the game seems to want to give me anymore)

MartyStu

There is someone climbing the ranks on PS4 through DDoS: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6f0xng/one_of_the_top_500_players_on_ps4_is_a_well_known/

Don't accept random party invites I guess. He is somehow able to obtain an IP address when you accept the invitation. Then he disconnects you and leaves your team with less members. Pictures linked show he is around plat level, dunno who this player is myself.

Hmm. I am guessing there is a direct peer-to-peer communication when an invite is accepted. Probably just using a sniffer to get the IP and then DoS-ing it.

Damn, playing with someone who has a gold portrait border. He's only a Silver

Edit: They picked Bastion on Hanamura Attack, what could go wrong? We lost, obviously. I was the only one that even managed to make it past the gate, much less the point.

Hmm. I am guessing there is a direct peer-to-peer communication when an invite is accepted. Probably just using a sniffer to get the IP and then DoS-ing it.

I remember someone in the past I played with mentioning this was happening at high ranks but nobody believed him.

I still remember all the rampant DDOSing and Lagswitching that happened on games like Metal Gear Online 2 that never got punished, so I figured it was a matter of time until someone figured it out.

MCD

Any Xbox players in here? Time zone is GMT+3 so playing with US folks is nearly impossible but if anyone wants my GT: Mcdragon Live.

Teamed up with a good German friend lately and he wouldn't mind more players for sure.

_Legacy_

I really wish QP would stop putting me in matches where my team is instantly about to lose, surely Blizzard can change fix that. Happened to me too many times today.

Any Xbox players in here? Time zone is GMT+3 so playing with US folks is nearly impossible but if anyone wants my GT: Mcdragon Live.

Teamed up with a good German friend lately and he wouldn't mind more players for sure.

I'll add you. XB1 players are a minority in here, heck, GAF in general too. I play with another GAFer mostly as well.

Damn, playing with someone who has a gold portrait border. He's only a Silver

Edit: They picked Bastion on Hanamura Attack, what could go wrong? We lost, obviously. I was the only one that even managed to make it past the gate, much less the point.
How can you have that much time in the game and be that clueless lol

Heysoos

Is it only in Gold where people just don't want to counter Pharmercy? Jesus fucking Christ. Our DPS never switched off Genji or Junkrat and we got fucked the whole match by the Phamercy

Is it only in Gold where people just don't want to counter Pharmercy? Jesus fucking Christ. Our DPS never switched off Genji or Junkrat and we got fucked the whole match by the Phamercy

most likely because they can't aim. but let me bet they'll say they got gold elim or dmg to change lol.

Boy, being a console player it sure is hard to get use to aiming with a mouse. I never played shooters on PC, I can't hit shit.

I was in the same position when I started this game in January. Make sure you take the time to calibrate your sensitivity. I recommend watching multiple videos.

Ramirez

If the duo is good, it's hard to combat even if you're running counters.

If I had a dollar for every time Vault makes a snide comment about why our group can't counter the Pharah...😏

She can fly to the fucking moon now, and the damage drop off is real.

komaruR

There is someone climbing the ranks on PS4 through DDoS: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6f0xng/one_of_the_top_500_players_on_ps4_is_a_well_known/

Don't accept random party invites I guess. He is somehow able to obtain an IP address when you accept the invitation. Then he disconnects you and leaves your team with less members. Pictures linked show he is around plat level, dunno who this player is myself.

ppl that snoop so low. back to skype ip sniffing all over again?
good thing i never join random party invites.

Cnoodles

Neo Member
I am thinking about buying another ps4 to play this game again since I sold my old ps4 last year, but before I buy one I would like to know if the ps4 community in overwatch is still healthy. Is it easy to find matches with other players in competitive mode?

Ramirez

I am thinking about buying another ps4 to play this game again since I sold my old ps4 last year, but before I buy one I would like to know if the ps4 community in overwatch is still healthy. Is it easy to find matches with other players in competitive mode?

Yes.

Overwatch is one of the most played games on PSN, so jump in!

BizzyBum

I started playing a bit on PC and I have this weird issue where my game goes all black but the HUD and game keeps working fine, what's up with this?

exYle

If the duo is good, it's hard to combat even if you're running counters.

If I had a dollar for every time Vault makes a snide comment about why our group can't counter the Pharah...😏

She can fly to the fucking moon now, and the damage drop off is real.

Ramirez why haven't you instantly one-shot the Pharah with your McCree god damn it carry harder

Wanderer5

Symmetra.<3 Had some fun QP matches with her. Been working on using the barrier more effectively, particularly blocking certain ults.

Gorillaz

The only other shooter oher then CoD (really black ops 3) to have legs on console is Overwatch right now.

That should speak volumes alone.

Had crazy game today where our team was getting clobbered by a kb/m using Widow, pretty much carried the team on the 2nd round.

Luckily for us, the first round was a huge snowball. We had 5:30 remaining.

Third/Forth round we went Winston/Genji and just sat on her. Good stuff.

Crzy1

Well I now have gotten twice as many non event skins as I have ones from the event. I hate to call bullshit, but this is beyond shady at this point. 3 event skins and 6 regular legendaries as well as 2 legendary boxes of coins.

Getting lag spikes and then a disconnect JUST before it says "Victory" in comp. Seems too convenient...

And if course I get banned for 10 minutes

Top Bottom