• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Maybe it's because I have no grand delusions of making it back and sticking to Masters, but I'm putting myself through hell trying to get my main account to Diamond now. I haven't raged this hard since... S3?

Crzy1

Last four loot boxes:

Box 1: Legendary drop. 500 coins.
Box 2: Legendary drop. Duplicate Genji event skin.
Box 3: Standard white, white, blue, white.
Box 4: Legendary drop. Duplicate Young Hanzo skin.

What the fuck is going on? I've never gotten so many frequent legendary drops, yet they've been absolutely worthless.
Definitely being trolled by Blizzard at this point.

And why is solo only competitive queues not a thing yet?
I got a duplicate McCree legendary, then 3 wwbw with all dupes, a duplicate emote for Reaper, Reaper legendary skin that I didn't have and finally the last box of the night had Pharah's event skin. I'm up to 4 event legendaries and like 5 dance emotes I think. The amount of legendaries I'm getting is quite high, but I want stuff from the event, not skins that I've been skipping for over a year because I don't intend to use them.

Edit: no event skin dupes so far, though.

sephi22

First day playing Sombra. God she's so good. Not a straight up DPS though. More a secondary DPS/Healer/support hybrid.
Hacking Reinhardt's and killing isolated Torb+turrets never gets old

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Was playing with howlin_forever earlier, 2/3 games had throwing torbs, last game was a torb suiciding outside of spawn on lijiang tower, howlin left to save our team the SR loss, he got a 10 minute suspension, I queued alone, first game had a throwing torbjorn

What is this meme garbage. Console overwatch is beyond terrible.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Looks like you're lagging. Then some1 dc. Ddoser in enemy team? Did you accept random psn party invite?

Was obviously joking, komaru pls.

And no, if someone was doing that apparent PSN ddossing it wasn't to me. Didn't get any invites. Just awful lag.

Guys can someone high level comment on my 1 minute long VOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EMpfmoUAHo

Loss here was clearly my fault, just looking for tips on how to improve. Thanks in advance.

I think my brazilian lag might have that video beat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TKkTb_OfjA (warning, its painful to watch)

Lagging in overwatch is absolutely awful to the person that is lagging haha, its actually unplayable. I got stuck in my spawn at one point for 15 seconds because i kept sliding and skating in the ground without touching my analog stick ( ._.) . In my video at least it was quick play not comp.

Edit: was it quick play actually? not sure now :thinking:

X-Frame

I may wait until next weekend to do my placement matches. I assume all these throwers are because many people returned to do their placements, but I did mine towards the end of S4 and had no issues. So I assume that throwers and toxic players reduce as the season goes on.

I may wait until next weekend to do my placement matches. I assume all these throwers are because many people returned to do their placements, but I did mine towards the end of S4 and had no issues. So I assume that throwers and toxic players reduce as the season goes on.

Yeah, the mid point is when its probably best. At the start and end of a season you get people who don't care, use smurfs or whatever that can ruin the experience for lots of people. Had it already once this season with a *shocker* Hanzo main who we politely asked to change after he proved ineffectual and we needed other counters to the enemy team. He called us all rude words and alt+f4'd

Mayhem was alright while it lasted. Now it's nothing but Zarya, Winston, Mei, and Sombra.

Wish there was another hero type game out there for ps4. I'm so bored of overwatch.

catspit

I solo Q'd comp last night and was matched up with a 5 Stack.

at one point in the game they were arguing with each other because none of them knew if they were Attacking or Defending at the start of the game.

at the end of the match.. one guy literally never knew if we had won or lost and was asking if we had won after we clearly did not.. lol...

what a mess ;)

Edit: I should add that these guys were high level and had played in previous seasons.

antitrop

If you're bored of Overwatch, I don't know what Paladins offers to re-ignite your interest.

I mean, maybe a new player base, but I've been playing it over the past few days and people are even more oblivious to how the game should be played than in OW. Probably because it's F2P.

carlos

If you're bored of Overwatch, I don't know what Paladins offers to re-ignite your interest.

I mean, maybe a new player base, but I've been playing it over the past few days and people are even more oblivious to how the game should be played than in OW. Probably because it's F2P.

paladins is lacking the option to change heroes mid match, balance isnt great yet, and voice chat nonexistant (among other things)

LiK

Maybe take a break and play something else. I mean a completely different genre. OW with controller is perfectly fine.

Sane_Man

How much does high FPS affect mid-level play? My monitor is max 60fps and I'm wondering if a better monitor would improve my game at all. Is it really just high level play where it becomes a big deal?

Owzers

I'm glad I didn't play overwatch yesterday, really sounds like some games that could make someone not want to play today.

antitrop

How much does high FPS affect mid-level play? My monitor is max 60fps and I'm wondering if a better monitor would improve my game at all. Is it really just high level play where it becomes a big deal?
It does help a lot, but there are plenty of players in GM and probably even T500 that play on 60Hz.

FFMafia

Is PC the biggest community for this game? I have it on PS4 but I just recently upgraded my PC and I want to try it out on PC and it is on sale...

Wew.

Had terrible placements. 5W/5L.

Today we had 2W 2L.

In the losses we had the sort of Hanzo who gives Hanzo mains a bad name. Ult got 0 kills, it was all zoning and refused to switch when politely (genuinely) asked to go to a hitscan dps for Pharah or just a Junk/SOldier to beat down Rein's shields. Team was a bit disjointed in general.

Second was...can't actually remember the map now, but so close. We were up like 99% twice and lost because even though we had hitscan dps/sniper, no one took care of Pharah. I Mercy v Mercy'd and won etc but our tanks were all over the place.

Penultimate was Ilios and so close because they either had a Pharah or Widow that no one countered, like our Soldier couldn't aim for shit, but we had an Orisa who put in a shift and made it. On Nepal it was a tight 1st round @ Shrine, we won but not close to a stomp...yet 5 of their team ragequit inbetween rounds so a damp squib of an ending. Got 2485ish, down from 3050ish last season.

Bit of a shame but takes pressure off because Master ain't happening :p

hypernima

Banned
thinking about only playing Sombra in comp to abuse the one trick sr gain.

Wont join voice chat either probably lol xD

my otp sym alt gains so much sr. its kinda disgusting. im gonna get her to diamond hopefully this season. if you see me in the queue say hello!

Prelude.

Something I learned today that makes HotS' loot chests even better than OW's: they're generated when you open them, so you can save them up before they add new stuff. It's kinda weird how the f2p game is way more generous than the full priced one.

HMD

My main account is at 4000 something and I'm a support main. And my Tracer smurf is diamond and the lack of teamwork in diamond is getting on my fucking nerves. Tracer depends on teammates distracting the enemy team but I can't do shit when they're trickling in with 4 dps's and a Hanzo. At the same time I don't wanna group up with friends because I wanna work on my solo skills and see how much I can climb as a dps. It's so frustrating.

Defuser

S4 final - 1746
S5 placements - 1246.

I lost 8 placements matches in a row by just playing supports. 8 matches with a 3 man group and still can't win due to bad random teammates or new players to overwatch. FML, how can it drop me by 500 points. This is very discouraging.

HMD

S4 final - 1746
S5 placements - 1246.

I lost 8 placements matches in a row by just playing supports. 8 matches with a 3 man group and still can't win due to bad random teammates or new players to overwatch. FML, how can it drop me by 500 points. This is very discouraging.

Don't play support until you're mid-plat, tanks carry games, especially the current Roadhog. Otherwise you'll have to depend on your teammates to win the games for you.

antitrop

Don't play support until you're mid-plat, tanks carry games, especially the current Roadhog. Otherwise you'll have to depend on your teammates to win the games for you.
I agree. Mid-Plat was the lowest I felt comfortable playing Support.

MartyStu

That is hugely disappointing. I love playing support.

I AM thinking about shelving my Ana for Mercy until I have climbed out of what I assume to be bronze--I have never done placements.

Ana feels bad to play if my team does not have the discipline.

Trickster

I would pay money for a feature that allowed me to punch someone through the face for being complete idiots.

"OH MY GOD SOLDIER SHOOT THE PHARAH!"

Oh, was that was I was supposed to be doing? Why gosh gully me I didn't realize... Wait, I actually did realize, which was why I fucking asked several times for the junkrat/tracer to switch to something usefull and help me deal with her, especially since she HAD A FUCKING MERCY ATTACHED TO HER

Top Bottom