• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

gonna have to scream on mic to keep me (zarya) alive especially when you have high energy.

we played on Oasis. their comp was better because our damage dealer wasn't doing so well against a zarya and roadhog. i couldn't support them because we had a dva and winston.

so after 0-2 we switched it up and i went zarya. Ended up 2-2 and last match was a tough one. while junk did his thing we needed a mccree or something to delete hog and zarya. pretty sure he was feeding most of the time. but we pulled it out and won 100-99. our game was so bad it was pure luck. at the end it was all red cards lol.

Costia

Is it just on my side or the controller's ad on battle net is interlaced for some reason?
SUB0IJ4.jpg

Dartastic

Question about mouse settings and sensitivities. I was watching a top player on Twitch yesterday and I noticed their mouse movement was far different than what mine looks like. I wanna say I was watching Seagull? Anyway, are there preffered settings or tweaks? What about mouse weights? I think I need to make some adjustments to improve a bit. His accuracy and ability to track a target was insane.

I'd love to join a game of 3v3 that isn't already at 2-0.

I can't stand people who leave games half way through. If winning means so much to you why not just play against AI, where winning is an absolute given? Pricks.

Nydius

S4 final - 1746
S5 placements - 1246.

I lost 8 placements matches in a row by just playing supports. 8 matches with a 3 man group and still can't win due to bad random teammates or new players to overwatch. FML, how can it drop me by 500 points. This is very discouraging.

I share your pain. On PS4, I ended S4 just into gold at 2045, got placed at silver 1666 in S5. Seems most people are placing lower - at least if the OW forums are to be believed - and I also got double whammied because this time around I had to mostly play supports as no one else would and within my usual team of three I'm generally considered the best at Lucio/Mercy/Zen so I usually get the support role. Meanwhile, the three randos we kept getting were running around like complete morons.

...like the Zarya player we had who spent an entire match chasing Tracer. Because clearly that's Zarya's job.

I think I'm just going to take this season "off". I never end playing without feeling lousy and as was pointed out, schools are letting out so this season will likely be flooded with more trolls and jerks than usual.

antitrop

Question about mouse settings and sensitivities. I was watching a top player on Twitch yesterday and I noticed their mouse movement was far different than what mine looks like. I wanna say I was watching Seagull? Anyway, are there preffered settings or tweaks? What about mouse weights? I think I need to make some adjustments to improve a bit. His accuracy and ability to track a target was insane.
Seagull uses a Logitech G Pro at 1600dpi with in-game sensitivity at 3.

AbaFadi

Banned
How much does high FPS affect mid-level play? My monitor is max 60fps and I'm wondering if a better monitor would improve my game at all. Is it really just high level play where it becomes a big deal?

I think ShaDowBurn was playing on 60 Hz for a long time and only switched to 144 Hz recently.

Hustler

I'm new to this game, received about 15 loot boxes through levelling up these past few days and not a single event skin. Since I bought the game for $25, figured I might as well try my luck at buying some loot boxes. So I bought the $20 pack for 24 loot boxes.

I got a fair amount of blue and purple skins and emotes. Had 1 duplicate event skin and an epic coin unlock. All in all not too bad, at least I play the characters I have new skins for.

Event Skins
  • Pharrah
  • Genji
  • Soldier
  • Roadhogg

I'd love to join a game of 3v3 that isn't already at 2-0.

I can't stand people who leave games half way through. If winning means so much to you why not just play against AI, where winning is an absolute given? Pricks.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people only play arcade modes to win loot boxes. I know I do.

Currently playing with an unranked Level 35 who had a peak of 4100 last season and finished at 3400 and only had 5 hours of playtime. Wut

Nevermind, he's an obvious troll. Dude is literally the worst Mercy I have ever seen and he's somehow a Platinum in a rank 3700 game......we couldnt even push past the first choke in Dorado

Crzy1

I'm pretty sure a lot of people only play arcade modes to win loot boxes. I know I do.
It's the only reason to play any of the modes, in my eyes. None of them are particularly fun, wish I could get the boxes from qp, rather than the frustrating mess that is arcade.

Currently playing with an unranked Level 35 who had a peak of 4100 last season and finished at 3400 and only had 5 hours of playtime. Wut

Nevermind, he's an obvious troll. Dude is literally the worst Mercy I have ever seen and he's somehow a Platinum in a rank 3700 game......we couldnt even push past the first choke in Dorado
Better than the guy I have on my list with mid 2000 in s2 and s3 and 4 he was 4k lmao. And he mostly plays qp

And you're going to get those loot boxes by leaving the moment you go a round or two down?

3 times out of the 5 games I've entered where my team was 2-0 down today we went on to win. Not because I played spectactularly either. But I've found that a lot of people can only really play one or two characters at a decent level, and when it comes to picking someone other than Widow or Hanzo or Genji or Roadhog they tend to really struggle.

Stick with it and you can win. Leave and you get nothing, not even the XP.

Today seems to be the day of shit Mercy's for me. Just had a Mercy on Illios who could not stay alive long enough to get any sort of ults off, or would always fuck up and get killed as she was dashing in to ult.

Also really sad when we had a 5v2 going on the point, and our 2 DPS can't take out a Pharmercy causing us to lose the entire fight

Dartastic

Seagull uses a Logitech G Pro at 1600dpi with in-game sensitivity at 3.
Thanks. I'll have to try those settings in a quick play match. I'll also have to potentially work with my mouse currently to figure it out a bit. I have a Proteus Core, so I should be able to tweak it how I want.

peakish

Anyone else watching TakeOver 2? Rogue is as good or even better than I expected but Eunited is a damn joy to watch as a team.

One day, people will learn that Tracer and Genji and Sombra do not counter Pharah+Mercy. And on that day, I will ascend into pure bliss.

Geneijin

One day, people will learn that Tracer and Genji and Sombra do not counter Pharah+Mercy. And on that day, I will ascend into pure bliss.
It's funny how they'll think that (not just limited to Genji, Tracer, and Sombra) they can just outright ignore Pharah. I can maybe understand if we somehow miraculously killed everybody else on the enemy team in a flash each and every time where she'd be a non issue, but they don't and you'd think they'd engage with the Pharah then instead of playing Junkrat or Reaper...

It's funny how they'll think that (not just limited to Genji, Tracer, and Sombra) they can just outright ignore Pharah. I can maybe understand if we somehow miraculously killed everybody else on the enemy team in a flash each and every time where she'd be a non issue, but they don't and you'd think they'd engage with the Pharah then instead of playing Junkrat or Reaper...

Had like 3 games straight like that. DPS decided to ignore her instead of countering her, and the healers and tanks constantly got shit on and we lost almost every single engagement because she was constantly getting off free power boosted shots.

Its the most enraging thing in the world.

rulerk1

i feel like the way to play this game is just pick whoever you want and ignore enemy team composition. That seems to be what everyone else does and they seem to be having more fun than me complaining about their horrible character picks/feeding/ just doing nothing in general. I dont see how its fun to switch off Dva to play Junkrat against Pharmercy, Zarya, and Hanzo but he's enjoying himself i guess.

Owzers

i feel like the way to play this game is just pick whoever you want and ignore enemy team composition. That seems to be what everyone else does and they seem to be having more fun than me complaining about their horrible character picks/feeding/ just doing nothing in general. I dont see how its fun to switch off Dva to play Junkrat against Pharmercy, Zarya, and Hanzo but he's enjoying himself i guess.

They're throwing.

I hear it's fun.

Well that ranked match was a wash, but at least I get to see my Symmetra get play of the ga- GODDAMNIT SOMBRA.

Me and my friends had a good laugh. Best highlight intro.

Jblanks

GAF 3-stack with Butt and Pollux

https://youtu.be/0jtRdM8OnqM

Spawn room BJ

I don't mean this in a smug or elitist way at all but it's kind of interesting to see the different choices between SR ranks. Things like the other team on defence pushing basically right to your spawn after the payload unlocked which is a bad idea considering how far away their spawn is and close yours is, and right before the 2nd point no one being up top to get the height advantage. Also I was surprised the other team didn't switch to PharMercy on attack considering you guys had no hit scan, and a Zarya would've been a good pick against Junkrat.

Owzers

i hear about it all of the time. It must be a blast cause everyone's doing it. Guess im a hipster xD I kind of want to try it tho
I often think of soloq symmetra journeys but then they would probably turn into qp-tier trash games with other throwers throwing my fun.

Nimby

Banned
Zen seems to be the clear secondary support now. Probably just because TakeOver has a lot of god Zen players.

And to think Blizzard thought it was an okay idea to let him apply discord through barriers.

EDIT: Also next to no Pharmercy here.

Did my 9 3v3 elimination wins today. I think I won 2/3 of them. I kept getting teammates who would charge into comps like Orisa / Bastion / Mercy and get gunned down. I don't know what to do when you are that stupid, friend. :(

I don't know if I could continue to play this game if the Roadhog nerf goes live. I've tried playing other characters, but the only characters that even come close to his level of fun are Mei and...Mei.

FFMafia

Is PC the biggest community for this game? I have it on PS4 but I just recently upgraded my PC and I want to try it out on PC and it is on sale...

Going to repost this since I kind of want to buy the pc version but don't want to be stuck with no community like as an extreme case, titanfall

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Going to repost this since I kind of want to buy the pc version but don't want to be stuck with no community like as an extreme case, titanfall

Blizzard has always been a PC developper at heart(not to mention one of the most well known & loved), even though they're also developping for consoles lately. So you'll find a lot of Blizzard fans there.

Sane_Man

Did my 9 3v3 elimination wins today. I think I won 2/3 of them. I kept getting teammates who would charge into comps like Orisa / Bastion / Mercy and get gunned down. I don't know what to do when you are that stupid, friend. :(

I don't know if I could continue to play this game if the Roadhog nerf goes live. I've tried playing other characters, but the only characters that even come close to his level of fun are Mei and...Mei.

You should put more time into other characters if you think that. Roadhog is fun for a while until the novelty wears off. All you're doing is hooking, shooting, melee, wait 8 seconds and repeat. The nerf is needed because there's no skill required to get an almost guaranteed kill.

Why is my Genji not on the same level as his when I use the same mouse and settings ;_;

Could be your mouse pad?

Heavily weighting the placements based on where you finished last season makes sense as a way to deter people throwing at the end of the season at least? Maybe there will be less of that at the of this season?

You should put more time into other characters if you think that. Roadhog is fun for a while until the novelty wears off. All you're doing is hooking, shooting, melee, wait 8 seconds and repeat. The nerf is needed because there's no skill required to get an almost guaranteed kill.
All I do is play competitive games, and I have very particular taste. I've played at least 5 hours of most of the other characters (probably not Ana since I can't heal with her worth jack). I was surprised Overwatch had even one character for my tastes. Most games have none. Roadhog is absolutely 100% my character, and it's not the novelty of him - he fits how I think and play games perfectly.

Top Bottom