• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

KyleCross

The only method I found online was using a program with the Sony Nav controller. If there was a more official method, I would play PC more.
I saw that, and I have a Navi too, but apparently a Windows 10 update last month broke this functionality?

Mystery heroes can be so dirty....

3 Dva's, 1 roadhog, 1 torb, 1 mercy on attack numbani.

The number of dva bombs and defense matrix felt so wrong

They don't deserve you.

anyone who mains support really
feels-real-sad-man-5546882.png

MikeyB

I think I am through with this game. I still love it and I am still learning tricks, but after a year of it being in heavy rotation, I am putting it away so I can enjoy some of the titles I have bought but not played.

Zenyatta, Pharah, Junkrat, and Winston. You will be missed.

Time to take on that backlog. Titanfall 2 campaign and Axiom Verge are on deck.

First 2 placement matches were solid. Third had an aimhacker trio that were impossible to fight against.

Record so far:
Win
Win
Aimhackers
Legit Loss (close one)
Win
Leaver Loss

Amazing.

KyleCross

I think I am through with this game. I still love it and I am still learning tricks, but after a year of it being in heavy rotation, I am putting it away so I can enjoy some of the titles I have bought but not played.

Zenyatta, Pharah, Junkrat, and Winston. You will be missed.

Time to take on that backlog. Titanfall 2 campaign and Axiom Verge are on deck.
You're stronger than I...

Here's a thought. You shouldn't be able to swap heroes through suicide in Mystery Heroes. Every time I'm Widow I just end my life. Feel like it kinda defeats the purpose of the mode, honestly.

It won't stop me from killing myself if I'm Widow though. There's no other alternative I'm aware of.

LiK

Welp, 2-2 I think. Not sure what's going wrong here. Last game for me.

Edit: One more and hoping for a win. I think 5 stack isn't working as well as I hoped tonight.

MG310

Tilted asshole complains about our Hanzo/Symmetra/team comp through the whole defense. Plays Reinhardt and spends the whole game on questionable dashes including right at the enemy spawn after the 2nd checkpoint.

Chooses Hanzo on offense.

Phu

Banned
Here's a thought. You shouldn't be able to swap heroes through suicide in Mystery Heroes. Every time I'm Widow I just end my life. Feel like it kinda defeats the purpose of the mode, honestly.

It won't stop me from killing myself if I'm Widow though. There's no other alternative I'm aware of.

I do the same thing. I've never voluntarily picked Widow, only in Mystery Heroes. I simply have zero interest in playing her and I know I'll do better with literally any other character. I wish I could exclude her, specifically, in the random hero selection.

Just saw an annoying ass stalling Lucio somehow manage to get wedged under the wing of the payload and trap himself for an easy kill.

I have never seen that happen before and I'm still laughing about it 5 minutes later, dude was jamming on his jump button but was stuck in the crouch animation

Syf

Banned
Finally able to log in for the first time this event. Zarya legendary out of the free box, was the only one I really wanted. That'll do Blizz.

LiK

Welp, these wins/losses dropped me back down to 2785. Pretty bad last few games.

Good news, finally got the Dva Cruiser skin from a drop.

Edit: Gonna form a new rule. Win 3 comp games a night and then take a break. Seems the matches tend to go wrong after that. Had good luck winning 1-3 games a night over the weekend and left. That kept my streak going.

chur

Hit an all time high of 3708! Don't think I'll hit GM this season, but it'd be nice to get closer.

Got a Ddos-er on my team tonight. We still lost. Our heals were just not doing their job well ;)

MG310

Had a not great Hanzo on Gibraltar attack and didn't get the first checkpoint...don't think he was throwing though. Condescending guy in chat thinks he was.
Condescending gentleman has an epiphany on defense when he chooses Widow to go along with the Hanzo and another player pipes in and asks him "Doesn't this mean that you're the one throwing?"

We probably could have stopped them on defense..I've had plenty of Gibraltar matches where nobody gets the first checkpoint.

5-6 tonight. No 0-3 blowouts at least. A couple of shitty 2 stacks who only wanted to play DPS and the Genji would spam for healing 5 miles away from the point. Also had an asshole spam the need healing button on Hollywood defense before the match started so I switched off Symmetra and he ran back to spawn and switched to her.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Teammate said he was going to disconnect an enemy for a bit. When it happened our Ana started missing shots and I suddenly couldn't stay alive as Mercy. Lol he was mad. His salt was delicious.

Did the person end up rejoining though? Did you guys lose a 6-5??

Oh yea, that Pharmercy combo in the last match combined with a Bastion was pure cancer. I hope we never face a team comp like that again in KOTH. Annoying as fuck. Bad game to end the night with.
We played one more and destroyed on Hanamura. We had a really good random.

chur

Did the person end up rejoining though? Did you guys lose a 6-5??
Yeah the guy managed to rejoin. IDK what the Ddos-er did exactly, but he called out when he was going to disconnect a dude and when the dude would be able to come back on. Our Ana straight up threw the game. I was more subtle about it in case he set his sights on us next. Pretty sure our soldier also decided to throw, but I'm not 100% sure.

LiK

Well, I learned that people can DDOS you by getting your IP from you entering their party chat invite. So if you're smart, don't accept any party chat invites from a stranger. You'll just cause your team a loss.

Hey Butt, you able to play earlier this week? What's the earliest you can log on?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Yeah the guy managed to rejoin. IDK what the Ddos-er did exactly, but he called out when he was going to disconnect a dude and when the dude would be able to come back on. Our Ana straight up threw the game. I was more subtle about it in case he set his sights on us next. Pretty sure our soldier also decided to throw, but I'm not 100% sure.

Oh okay lol. Hopefully that gets fixed soon. Otherwise, DDOS will join "thrower" and "smurf" as "reasons anyone loses any game ever in comp"

Maybe the nonsense I posted yesterday was indeed a ddos to someone on our team!

exYle

Well, I learned that people can DDOS you by getting your IP from you entering their party chat invite. So if you're smart, don't accept any party chat invites from a stranger. You'll just cause your team a loss.

Hey Butt, you able to play earlier this week? What's the earliest you can log on?

This following week will be odd. I'll be visiting my hometown until Friday. I'll play when I can, but don't expect consistency

Been running into so many cancer comps tonight, I have never seen so many people at Master/GM running Torb+Bastion+Sym setups. Also the good ol duo queue Pharmercy's

People still doing the Mei wall at spawn yeah? That's still a thing.

But it's my fault I am where I am in competitive ranking. Absolutely nothing to do with the teams I get put into, it's all my fault for not being able to destroy a team of 6 as Mercy.

Mercy Rez is kinda a bad design for the game both for casual play and for both mid and high level competitive play.

For casual play it's just overpowered, it takes way more coordination to handle a Rez than it takes to pull off a reasonable one, and people aren't very coordinated.

For mid level play, it's not entirely overpowered, but it makes the game revolve too much around it.

For high level play, teams can counter it; but it still feels cheesy and high level mercys are actually quite good at playing hide and seek with Rez, and it just seems kinda dumb and low skill cap of an ability. Yes there are tempo rezzes and so on but there's just not that much play to it.

Did all 10 placement matches today. 4-6.

Win
Win
Aimhack Loss
Legit Loss
Win
Leaver Loss
Loss because 4 DPS 1 healer 1 tank and no one would switch (I'm the tank)
Legit Loss
Legit Loss
Win because opposing team had a leaver

People still doing the Mei wall at spawn yeah? That's still a thing.

But it's my fault I am where I am in competitive ranking. Absolutely nothing to do with the teams I get put into, it's all my fault for not being able to destroy a team of 6 as Mercy.
Where are you?

Mercy Rez is kinda a bad design for the game both for casual play and for both mid and high level competitive play.

For casual play it's just overpowered, it takes way more coordination to handle a Rez than it takes to pull off a reasonable one, and people aren't very coordinated.

For mid level play, it's not entirely overpowered, but it makes the game revolve too much around it.

For high level play, teams can counter it; but it still feels cheesy and high level mercys are actually quite good at playing hide and seek with Rez, and it just seems kinda dumb and low skill cap of an ability. Yes there are tempo rezzes and so on but there's just not that much play to it.
I'm just bothered by how fast she gets it. It feels like every team fight has a resurrect to top it off. If both teams have a Mercy...oi.

Where are you?

Just at work at the moment.

Hahaha.

A little under platinum. About 2/3 wins away, assuming I don't lose. Which I will.

Edit: By the way, I pick Mercy not because I particularly want to be her, not that I have a problem playing as her, but because absolutely no one else picks a healer and Mercy seems like the only viable single healer.

Top Bottom