• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Good games, think we ended 6-4.

My Lucio is getting good.

Still waiting for Ned to show himself.

Your Lucio is already good.

In this week I won't be up at the usual hours when we play, I'll just farm 2-3 lootboxes during the day when I can. Next week is gonna be good though with E3, I'll be up at the usual hours, since the event ends by then it's time for comp
tilt
!

_Legacy_

We had a game last night where our Mercy was getting "out-rezzed" by the other Mercy on a scale of 2:1. I'm pretty sure we got to 40-50% on the point in Oasis and it wasn't up for her yet, how's that even possible? She wasn't even playing that bad but damn, you certainly noticed when she didn't have rez.

We still managed to win that game, I guess with all the extra rezzes, the rest of us were building ults quite quickly but damn, it was harder than it needed to be.

TheContact

We had a game last night where our Mercy was getting "out-rezzed" by the other Mercy on a scale of 2:1. I'm pretty sure we got to 40-50% on the point in Oasis and it wasn't up for her yet, how's that even possible? She wasn't even playing that bad but damn, you certainly noticed when she didn't have rez.

We still managed to win that game, I guess with all the extra rezzes, the rest of us were building ults quite quickly but
damn, it was harder than it needed to be.

Well if your team has Reinhardt or lots of shields or if they have bad dps then there isn't as much to heal so less resses

NeoRaider

I just had a QP match and one guy was writing things like:

- lvl650 nolife

I was Mercy and i was healing him and he wrote:

- Don't heal me please.

And later when he died, he wrote:

- Rez me!! Use your Ulti!

And my Ultimate wasn't even ready...

6 wins, 4 loses --> 2186
next two wins netted me 50 points each. lol

The placement matches are fucked up.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

I get placed at 2396, I lose the next two and go to 2360, I win one and I go to 2409. I lose two more and go back to ~2360. I win one and now I'm 2431.

LiK

Mercy Rez is kinda a bad design for the game both for casual play and for both mid and high level competitive play.

For casual play it's just overpowered, it takes way more coordination to handle a Rez than it takes to pull off a reasonable one, and people aren't very coordinated.

For mid level play, it's not entirely overpowered, but it makes the game revolve too much around it.

For high level play, teams can counter it; but it still feels cheesy and high level mercys are actually quite good at playing hide and seek with Rez, and it just seems kinda dumb and low skill cap of an ability. Yes there are tempo rezzes and so on but there's just not that much play to it.

Our games last night consistented of fighting Mercy Rez after Mercy Rez. We killed so many fucking Mercys and yet here they come with a damn Rez during clutch moments. Some just hide until most of the teams died. It's irritating how quickly they get it. I've mentioned it before, but it needs a slight increase to slow it down. It's become a crutch.

Helped my friend with a few of his placements, climbed up to Plat again, before we got a match with a pair of low level premades...who I guess got the game on free weekend? No communication, troll picks etc. rh08 and some other guy...and they both ended up raging at the team with horrible abuse and random racial slurs.

Community can be depressing at times/why am I writing about diversity in Overwatch being reflected in its community as my thesis....

Held Numbani point A for 5 minutes to force a draw. 4 golds as Dva 64% kill participation.

The early morning solo queue resulted in a 20 minute Volskaya where I only lost 15 SR because we were underdogs and that long ass game. I'm an hour in, Not very productive. Lol

LiK

This following week will be odd. I'll be visiting my hometown until Friday. I'll play when I can, but don't expect consistency

Ah, bummer.

Held Numbani point A for 5 minutes to force a draw. 4 golds as Dva 64% kill participation.

The early morning solo queue resulted in a 20 minute Volskaya where I only lost 15 SR because we were underdogs and that long ass game. I'm an hour in, Not very productive. Lol

I'm happy you wanna keep your SR down to play with me.

did everyone loose about 200SR when doing placements? all my ow friends lost about that much

You've cracked Blizzard's algorithm.

Take last seasons finish - 200 = new SR. I went 9-1 with multiple MVP's, averaging 4 medals (2 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze) and generally contributing pretty well (I'm a high silver/low gold player, so no big shakes) and I still dropped 200. Not sure why they bother with placements if how you play in them doesn't matter at all.

LiK

Yup, I'm quite puzzled too. It's probably because I lost 8 placement matches in row mostly playing support. Because of this I lost all motivation to play OW.

Win/losses shouldn't matter and I think some dudes here only played Support too. Seems really odd. Sorry to hear that. If I lost that much, I don't think I wanna try to climb this season either.

N7.Angel

This season looks to be the worst, throwers, trolls, leavers, my previous season was really good but this one is terrible so far.

edit: My hero performance are well above the previous season but I'm 400 pts lower in SR lmao.

Afro

When people say "I'm the 64th highest ranked Lucio in the world", where exactly is this stat on the various stat sites? Thx.

Fugu

So I've always known that Pharah can buffer her boop while firing a regular rocket and I've taken advantage of that to some degree (mostly by preparing my retreat while firing) but I've never really figured that it could be used offensively until now.

An example: Enemy McCree on high ground that you're about to dive. Normally you'd boost up to him, hit him with a clean rocket, and try to get the followup without getting flashed/headshot. This works a lot of the time, but what's even better is to cook a boop as you're firing the first rocket so you can bounce him too far away to flashbang you or aim properly. Meanwhile, because you know where he's going to go, you can set up a good followup.

This works for diving Ana or even Soldier + Ana as well; hit Ana with the rocket and use the boop to either separate them or block Ana from retreating.

Don't do it to Widow, though, as you're pretty likely to just help her by booping her unless you know she has no hook.

I know the various sites, but I just mean that specific stat. I've heard people say "I'm the 64th best Lucio globally." Where does it even show that?

When you get high enough with a particular hero it stops showing what percentile you're in and says "#23" or whatever.

Top Bottom