• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

LiK

One of the quietest Comp games ever. There's literally only one guy on mic and he's barely saying anything.

One thing I'm trying to work on is my death count and staying alive longer. I have pretty good survivability as a tank (my average this comp season with DVa is 4 deaths per match for example) but when I'm playing offense and support I tend to rack up more deaths than necessary. I usually find myself being one of the first picks in a team fight, so is it just that I'm badly positioning myself most of the time?

I'm especially looking for tips for Lucio and Zen. I know as support class you're more likely to get picked since the enemy team will try to target you first. Should I always be sticking by tanks with both? Zen I have a better bead on because I always stay back with him and try to keep a wide view of the battlefield, but if my team pushes up I often get fucked by flankers. Lucio is hard for me to judge positioning wise too because I like to get in people's faces (especially for boops on KOTH maps) but I guess I should be hanging back since people will prioritize targeting me?

LiK

Haha, the random with mic is starting to get salty.

One thing I'm trying to work on is my death count and staying alive longer. I have pretty good survivability as a tank (my average this comp season with DVa is 4 deaths per match for example) but when I'm playing offense and support I tend to rack up more deaths than necessary. I usually find myself being one of the first picks in a team fight, so is it just that I'm badly positioning myself most of the time?

I'm especially looking for tips for Lucio and Zen. I know as support class you're more likely to get picked since the enemy team will try to target you first. Should I always be sticking by tanks with both? Zen I have a better bead on because I always stay back with him and try to keep a wide view of the battlefield, but if my team pushes up I often get fucked by flankers. Lucio is hard for me to judge positioning wise too because I like to get in people's faces (especially for boops on KOTH maps) but I guess I should be hanging back since people will prioritize targeting me?

With Zen, you usually wanna stay back and snipe while using his orbs. Try to stay with one or two teammates and hope they protect your ass.

With Lucio, you wanna be in their faces when possible cuz he's not got the DPS. Basically stay mobile and his boops are annoying as shit now. I'm not longer into playing Lucio as much anymore cuz his wallriding speedboosts really mess up my momentums, tbh. Just haven't gotten used to it.

antitrop

I know the various sites, but I just mean that specific stat. I've heard people say "I'm the 64th best Lucio globally." Where does it even show that?
It only starts showing numbers once you've reached the 99th percentile.

ch8hZqi.png

Man loot boxes this event have been absolutely garbage. Played 30+ hours this past week+all arcade boxes and i got exactly 1 legendary which was young ana skin and 1 dance which was a McCree duplicate. First week of the event i probably played the same amount and all in all so far i have one event skin which is the Lucio skin (the worst one). GG

LiK

Man loot boxes this event have been absolutely garbage. Played 30+ hours this past week+all arcade boxes and i got exactly 1 legendary which was young ana skin and 1 dance which was a McCree duplicate. First week of the event i probably played the same amount and all in all so far i have one event skin which is the Lucio skin (the worst one). GG

It's pretty horrendous,. I finally got the DVa event one last night after who knows how many boxes. I just need Zarya and Bastion left. At least I have 20k coins to spend if they don't show up during the final week.

edit: LMAO, 2 guys doing placements and a GM dude on the same team. Amazing.

It's pretty horrendous,. I finally got the DVa event one last night after who knows how many boxes. I just need Zarya and Bastion left. At least I have 20k coins to spend if they don't show up during the final week.

Did you stop playing? I just logged in for a couple of games.

I think Blizzard has tweaked the legendary drop rate for earned loot boxes. It sounds conspiratorial, but I bought $20 worth of boxes and got 2 event skins + 2 or 3 other legendaries that were either cash or non-event skins. I've played and gotten around the same amount through EXP and the free arcade loot boxes and only gotten 1 event legendary and no other legendary drops. This is obviously anecdotal, but I definitely feel like the RNG is always more favorable whenever I buy boxes. It could just be because I'm opening them all at the same time though so it feels like the rate is different.

Feels like deja vu to be doing so well in placements. I am getting 10to1 or 6to1 kill death ratios as tracer/Winston when I used to get 4:1 or 3:1 respectively. Might be that I am prioritizing self preservation and no peaking unless supported rule for myself.

Redmoon

Been thinking of dragging myself back to this game since some friends came back to it, among other reasons.

Wonder where I'd get placed seeing how Season 2 was the last season I had a rank lol. I should've probably just done S3/4 placements games to get the comp points.

LiK

Did someone actually suggest switching to Reaper? Also, that Rein needs to go in. Holy shit, dat dawdle.

Complaining about the Genji right off the bat was a bad thing. Genji on Attack is good in Hollywood.

Also, that random whining about picks constantly is what is making people throw. A great example of losing the match before it even started.

LiK

LMAO, Genji player had to shit on that whiner at the end. Good on him.

Edit: ROFL, Batman got put into a GM match. Good luck.

LiK

I am so sick of hearing the enemy Mercy Rez Ult voice line. Every fucking match.

I really wish I had unlimited data on my phone. I could do with watching this at work instead of actually having to do work.

Everyone offers unlimited data options these days. No excuses.

Fugu

It only starts showing numbers once you've reached the 99th percentile.
This isn't strictly true; when there are less than 1000 players in the 99th percentile it'll show you as being top 1000 anyway. I was like #500 Mei last season but that was only 98th percentile since so few people play Mei. Conversely, right now I'm like top 150 on Pharah but that's not 99th percentile.

It is similarly possible to be 99th percentile and not get a number, although this is probably only possible towards the end of the season and on a healer.

Anyway, mine is a silly post, especially considering you can get the ranking anyway by mousing over the percentage.

It is also worth pointing out that the value of this number is dubious. It seems to be mostly a function of SR and win rate, though, so it's probably at least a little helpful.

LiK

LOL, attack Symm is sneaky af

Randoms freaking out over the Symm turrets. Maybe someone should've switched to Winston.

Edit: Batman read my mind.

Edit2: Wow, that enemy Symm has a lot of good turret placements. Totally taking notes.

Also, why does no one play Winston?

NeoRaider

Just had few great Total Mayhem matches with Ana. It's soooo much fun.
First i was like: meh. But now i really like it, tho. it's much, much easier to win when you are defending. I hope it stays after the event.

And also got Mei beekeeper skin from the loot box, yay. It's very cute skin.

_Legacy_

Randoms freaking out over the Symm turrets. Maybe someone should've switched to Winston.

Edit2: Wow, that enemy Symm has a lot of good turret placements. Totally taking notes.

Yeah that was a strange one, a Winston definitely would have helped deal with turrets.

I was really impressed by the ones under the train carts at spawn. The Rein couldn't even hit it with his hammer

LiK

Yeah that was a strange one, a Winston definitely would have helped deal with turrets.

Winston would've made them a non-issue. Jump in, wipe them out, jump away. Instead, all we get is just noise pollution in comms from the randos whining about them through the entire match.

Yea. I meant to switch to Winston, picked Hog on accident, then the spawns changed and I couldn't switch. But Hog seemed to be working out ok. By the time I switched it was too late.

On offense our Pharah assured me that I didn't have to worry about turrets and that we needed a Rein. Fine. Then by the time I was about to just do it I almost had ult. Eh. Didn't feel winnable anyway, my team decided to make the Symm a huge issue when she wasn't.

Top Bottom