• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

exYle

LOL, attack Symm is sneaky af

Randoms freaking out over the Symm turrets. Maybe someone should've switched to Winston.

Edit: Batman read my mind.

Edit2: Wow, that enemy Symm has a lot of good turret placements. Totally taking notes.

Also, why does no one play Winston?

I love playing as Winston. He's great since his buff.

LiK

Yea. I meant to switch to Winston, picked Hog on accident, then the spawns changed and I couldn't switch. But Hog seemed to be working out ok. By the time I switched it was too late.

On offense our Pharah assured me that I didn't have to worry about turrets and that we needed a Rein. Fine. Then by the time I was about to just do it I almost had ult. Eh. Didn't feel winnable anyway, my team decided to make the Symm a huge issue when she wasn't.

Yea, also Winston killing the turrets means less Ult charge for Symm to gain Teleporter too. Man, pretty shocked how noob they were about Symm. That kid was also complaining about her beam so much. He's not gonna go far.

5-0 since I stopped playing with batman lol

EU servers must be easier :p

_Legacy_

Winston would've made them a non-issue. Jump in, wipe them out, jump away. Instead, all we get is just noise pollution in comms from the randos whining about them through the entire match.

I haven't heard that much toxicity in ages! I barely hear anyone even speak on XB1, although I'm in a group chat most of the time to be fair.

LiK

I haven't heard that much toxicity in ages! I barely hear anyone even speak on XB1, although I'm in a group chat most of the time to be fair.

It was actually worse in some earlier games. People were intentionally throwing or criticizing picks. Solo Q with team chat is a mess.

Cappa

Banned
I was 3-0 then it ended bad. May want to quit while you're ahead.

Bad luck for us, we were both playing well in the duo

Yea, also Winston killing the turrets means less Ult charge for Symm to gain Teleporter too. Man, pretty shocked how noob they were about Symm. That kid was also complaining about her beam so much. He's not gonna go far.

EU servers must be easier :p
Lol 6-0 I've been on a zarya Winston binge.

I don't know about easier but I've had some really shit teams that I have no idea how we won. I kinda want to stop but I can't take win streaks solo qing for granted gotta keep going!

LiK

Lol 6-0 I've been on a zarya Winston binge.

I don't know about easier but I've had some really shit teams that I have no idea how we won. I kinda want to stop but I can't take win streaks solo qing for granted gotta keep going!

I guess just keep playing until you lose and then take a break.

Mystery heroes is fun but I don't think it's completely random. I've noticed some trends since I play a lot and usually I get like 3-4 characters very frequently per session (today has been Sym, Torb, Widow and Orisa), shame it can't be always Pharah/Tracer/Genji :(

Also got my 1st Orisa potg ^_^

Still haven't got one with Ana besides 3vs3 though...

I want to lose 7-0 ugh

How much sr are you gaining?

Really awesome being the only person targeting enemy support, ever.

In one of two solo q comp matches I did this weekend, I had one match where I was literally the only person targeting a Mercy. She would literally be floating in the middle of the point and nobody would shoot her. All she had to do was get to a point where I couldn't get to her, wait for me to die, and then come in and Rez her team. Happened every push. It was ridiculous.

Owzers

Mystery heroes is fun but I don't think it's completely random. I've noticed some trends since I play a lot and usually I get like 3-4 characters very frequently per session (today has been Sym, Torb, Widow and Orisa), shame it can't be always Pharah/Tracer/Genji :(

Also got my 1st Orisa potg ^_^

Still haven't got one with Ana besides 3vs3 though...

How much sr are you gaining?
Play mystery heroes so much you start to dig deeper, start conspiracy theories.

Ned, it's not too late for you, come back to comp.

LiK

not much like 30-40... well not much compared to before anyway I think you start to get alot only after winning 10 in a row. Finished 8-1 time for a break lol

I was 3030 when I started winning streak and finished 3194

That's pretty good. Who were you playing?

Cappa

Banned
Zarya pretty much..... I used to play her a ton in Season 2 pre-nerf but until today I barely played her. I feel like shes still one of my best heroes. I think Im done with Soldier for the time being lol

Capture.jpg

LiK

Zarya pretty much..... I used to play her a ton in Season 2 pre-nerf but until today I barely played her. I feel like shes still one of my best heroes. I think Im done with Soldier for the time being lol

Oh good, be our Zarya main. I got Soldier on lockdown now, hehe

Tilted. Playing D.va, killed a winston 1vs1, use my ult to kill two enemies and called my mech back crushing a tracer in the process (it was hilarious). POTG goes to a bastion sitting on the payload killing everyone that was leaving cover like idiots :mad:

At least you're still playing on console.

And not switching anytime soon :)

not much like 30-40... well not much compared to before anyway I think you start to get alot only after winning 10 in a row. Finished 8-1 time for a break lol

I was 3030 when I started winning streak and finished 3194

Yeah before you would easily be winning 60-70 with that streak.

Anne

Why is Mercy invincible during a rez? Where's the opportunity to stop it like other ults? Especially considering how game changing it can be.

Rez is actually not a great ult. There are so many different ways to outplay a large rez that you only really ever do a 1-2 man.

Manage eco and set up a fight for post rez. That's it.

Chance

Yeah Rez has a ton of weaknesses, one of then being that the Mercy almost-always died upon its use before the one-second invincibuff.

X-Frame

Is Sombra seeing more play at higher levels now? It seems like her role as a backline harassing and disruptor is unparalleled, even beyond Tracer or Genji.

Being able to lockdown mega health pack areas, hack enemies to receive their Ult status, Stealth run away, Translocate away or to high ground effortlessly, and a nice anti-Sound Barrier Ult seems wonderful for 2CP maps.

LiK

Is Sombra seeing more play at higher levels now? It seems like her role as a backline harassing and disruptor is unparalleled, even beyond Tracer or Genji.

Being able to lockdown mega health pack areas, hack enemies to receive their Ult status, Stealth run away, Translocate away or to high ground effortlessly, and a nice anti-Sound Barrier Ult seems wonderful for 2CP maps.

Her gun clip is also ridiculous.

rulerk1

oh so thats what that is. Makes sense lol

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I think Orisa may actually be pretty decent now? Having a lot of success with her in Diamond.

Her gun and Halt are fantastic at shutting down the D.Vas and Roadhogs littering every game, and her Ult is great for initiating or for hard countering an enemy Mercy Rez. She's really fun!

Sane_Man

At low skill level Sym is just too op. People aren't good enough to pick her off and she has such a low skill ceiling that anyone can just hold down primary fire and jump around and win. When she's surrounded by tanks and turrets unless you have a good Pharah you're not getting close to her.

Fugu

Why is Mercy invincible during a rez? Where's the opportunity to stop it like other ults? Especially considering how game changing it can be.

Blizzard is really bad about buffing and nerfing the right things.
This has got to be the most persistent complaint related to balance in this thread and it's so off-base every time.

If Mercy is hiding for res, great! It's 6v5. Don't burn too many ults when you kill the enemy team because you're probably going to need to kill some of them again.
If Mercy isn't hiding for res, great! Kill Mercy then work on the rest of the team.

She's invincible because res was terrible when she wasn't. It's a great change that pulled her out of the nether of beyond useless in KotH and increased her general usefulness across the board.

Veelk

Banned
I think Orisa may actually be pretty decent now? Having a lot of success with her in Diamond.

Her gun and Halt are fantastic at shutting down the D.Vas and Roadhogs littering every game, and her Ult is great for initiating or for hard countering an enemy Mercy Rez. She's really fun!

I just faced probably the best Orisa I've ever seen (though they were coupled with a really good Genji and Mei)

But how she placed her barrier and how she moved in and out of them was just silly. I felt I had a decent team and even then we were overwhelmed.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Watching just_stevo's symetra bronze to master stream and it's incredible how often he was told by his bronze, silver, and gold team that he sucks. Even on KotH and defense maps where it isn't as obvious of a bad pick.

Also how often players claim they were the ones to carry the game.

Really eye opening. Shows how "elo hell" mindset goes alot farther than overreacting to losses in games the team really doesn't show up in.

Is this a good place to find a good group to play with? I feel like solo queuing is a coin toss at my level (Platinum), and most of my friends either don't play anymore or are ranked lower, which makes playing with them a bit of a lopsided coin toss depending on how well I can carry.

I play on PC, and made it to Diamond the last two seasons. I'm a D.Va main, but fill when needed.

Sooo, I havent played PC shooters since Halo 1.

I feel like my mouse is imprecise. Just an ordinary laser mouse for work office.

However, I recently got a new pad and I dont know if they change things, but I downloaded Paladins and was kicking ass

Thinking maybe I should jump into PC Overwatch but just waiting on a free weekend.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This has got to be the most persistent complaint related to balance in this thread and it's so off-base every time.

If Mercy is hiding for res, great! It's 6v5. Don't burn too many ults when you kill the enemy team because you're probably going to need to kill some of them again.
If Mercy isn't hiding for res, great! Kill Mercy then work on the rest of the team.

She's invincible because res was terrible when she wasn't. It's a great change that pulled her out of the nether of beyond useless in KotH and increased her general usefulness across the board.

That's cool and all except the parts on point B/near the end of payload maps where she can fly out of spawn and hit 5 man rezzes with no issue and since she gets her ult so fast she can do it constantly on the final defense.

Rez was not the buff Mercy needed

Top Bottom