• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

komaruR

Is it just me or does reaper get destroyed by orisa
that reaper not edgy enough :p
Owzers had a really nice POTG with Orisa last night, it was on Lijiang: Garden. You know how Roadhogs like to stay right outside the CP fishing for hooks (environmental kills). Owzers alt fired right over the moat, dragged 2 people (one of them was a scumbag Roadie). I realised then that Orisa is a great counter for Roadhog on that map in particular. She can bait the hook with fortify and then alt fire his ass into moat.

If I had to rank Day 1 Orisa skills in the PS4 GAF group last night, it would be:

1.)
LiK
2.)
Owzers
3.)
UltimaPooh
4.) Everyone else
none of them have thrown a shield right on top of the enemy for my reaper to play in :(
But blizzards vision with her was to make her a second option for reinhart right? with the "anchor tank" and all that.

What do you guys think she needs for her to be able to act like a reinhart type?
rein is an anchor for a slow push dps team or defensive dps

i think orisa is an anchor for the support hero. to prevent harass from only one tracer or genji and maybe pharah against your supports? but she definitely can't handle the heat if the enemy is going full dive comp tho like, winston, pharah, tracer/genji all going at you.

Is Orisa still immune to Rein's charge or did they fix how that worked?

Charging at Orisa is very risky, if she has fortify on, you will get stunned and die. If that shit is on cooldown, it's a free charge all day.

that reaper not edgy enough :p

none of them have thrown a shield right on top of the enemy for my reaper to play in :(

rein is an anchor for a slow push dps team or defensive dps

i think orisa is an anchor for the support hero. to prevent harass from only one tracer or genji and maybe pharah against your supports? but she definitely can't handle the heat if the enemy is going full dive comp tho like, winston, pharah, tracer/genji all going at you.

Lol, if orisa doesn't have the shield in front of her, she dies pretty much immediately.

The clip of us playing gibraltar, Ultima was weaving in and out of it against the symmetra, and destroyed her easily. Seems like most of everyone can benefit from a personal barrier from Orisa, not just reaper :p

Watching my videos... I think our best comp is a group with a single (strong) healer. Allows everyone to keep pushing as long as we have a strong support character.

Both videos I posted and we won had that comp.

FW7IDnT.png

this will definitely contribute to healthy balance discussions & overall community positivity :lol

everything is sooo hyperbolic now

Veelk

Banned
Still immune with Fortify and it's beautiful.

Immune as in she doesn't even take damage? while Reinhardt takes a 175hp hit?

It just makes no sense whatsoever.

Atleast alter the description to read "Takes 50% less damage, unless you're a charging reinhardt, then lol get rekt"

Why not go further? When Roadhog hooks you while you're Fortified, he takes a 100hp damage, is stunned, and dragged to where Orisa is.

Atleast alter the description to read "Takes 50% less damage, unless you're a charging reinhardt, then lol get rekt"

Why not go further? When Roadhog hooks you while you're Fortified, he takes a 100hp damage, is stunned, and dragged to where Orisa is.

Someone had a bitter experience against an Orisa.

I'm pretty sure it's all status changing attacks, including roadhog's hook (no damage taken), biotic grenades (no damage taken, no anti heal), no pull/damage from graviton surge, etc.

I haven't even played since she was updated into the game lol

I just don't understand why it works the way it does and am exasperated. It genuinely makes NO sense according to the game mechanics.

I would say it's because Rein isn't a projectile and thus can't penetrate her shield.

Wanderer5

Had a pretty good match with Junkrat. Don't think I realized before that you can stop Reinhardt's charge with the steel trap lol. Not getting damaged by his explosions now helps quite a bit.

LiK

Had a pretty good match with Junkrat. Don't think I realized before that you can stop Reinhart's charge with the steel trap lol. Not getting damaged by his explosions now helps quite a bit.

I always set up a trap for the obvious places a Rein would charge. Gets them every time. It's fun.

Wanderer5

I always set up a trap for the obvious places a Rein would charge. Gets them every time. It's fun.

Heh yeah it is. I had some good timing throwing the trap in the path just as he started charging towards a Orisa on my team, in which he got owned quite fast then.XD

Junkrat rocks. Probably the only defense hero that I really enjoy playing nowadays.

Orisa + Zarya tank combo makes Rein practically a useless character. Seriously...it's dumb.

exYle

lmao blozzard PLS DO THIS

kirblar

Orisa + Zarya tank combo makes Rein practically a useless character. Seriously...it's dumb.
Data was showing Rein was massively overrated on attack prior to the Orisa patch. Him going down in pickrate isn't a bad thing (tho Orisa is probably just as bad or worse on attack.)

Data was showing Rein was massively overrated on attack prior to the Orisa patch. Him going down in pickrate isn't a bad thing (tho Orisa is probably just as bad or worse on attack.)

Well, if you're defending with Orisa and Zarya...Rein isn't getting picked at all, in that situation...on defense or offense.

What data are you talking about? Data from mori dataspace showed that teams with Reinhardt on defense had a disadvantage on 4 out of 9 maps at a PRO LEVEL in the OGN Apex S2. We're talking about Reinhardt in the heart of the best dive teams in the world. I can barely get dive to work at 3800 SR. I don't even want to imagine how people in plat would do it.

edit: after reading your post again, I might be confused by what you mean when you say "overrated"

karasu

Look getting rid of the self inflicted damage by bombs is the greatest thing to ever happen to Junkrat. I just got 41 eliminations,okay. That's huge for my terrible self.

LiK

Pure error now like last night. Servers are probably offline again. Maintenance was useless.

I'll check back in 30 min to see if it's working again.

Top Bottom