• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Oh ok.

Why?

New Hero just release, no one is "great" with them
Competitive would get trolled with her, I mean hold off a week, try to learn the damn Hero and bring them into MP play

Consoles are at a disadvantage of not having PTR

Wanderer5

Woot, a couple more arcade wins and got a loot box with Ana Wadjet skin. I still love the Ghoul one very much, but sure why not. *Equips Wadjet*

Also usually don't care for Soldier 76 much, but I feel pretty good with him when it comes to 3v3 mostly, even more than much of the heroes I enjoy more.

antitrop

Almost Top 200 Mercy in QP

wbsenym.png

Also Top 500 Zen

54EMUHs.png

And #684 Mercy in Competitive, but not many games played with her

Wow, I got a 22 minute ban from comparative even though it was the shitty servers kicking me out and I rejoined the match all 3 times I was kicked. That's very fair.

kirblar

What data are you talking about? Data from mori dataspace showed that teams with Reinhardt on defense had a disadvantage on 4 out of 9 maps at a PRO LEVEL in the OGN Apex S2. We're talking about Reinhardt in the heart of the best dive teams in the world. I can barely get dive to work at 3800 SR. I don't even want to imagine how people in plat would do it.

edit: after reading your post again, I might be confused by what you mean when you say "overrated"
Mori's follow-up posts showed Rein we doing fine on defense on most maps, but that on offense picking him was fine at best,self-immolating at worst.

When I say "overrated", I mean that "Rein is a must-pick in every comp because you need to have shield wars" has been a standard thought process for OW players across the skill level spectrum, and we're seeing data come out that shows that's likely not true. (I suspect Reinhardt gets worse as you go down the skill ladder anyway due to people not using his shields effectively.)

Wow, I got a 22 minute ban from comparative even though it was the shitty servers kicking me out and I rejoined the match all 3 times I was kicked. That's very fair.
If you rejoin it still counts the DC and doesn't forget about it, which is bogus.

Was probably a 30 minute ban from other DCs that counted down a bit.

(I suspect Reinhardt gets worse as you go down the skill ladder anyway due to people not using his shields effectively.)

Nah, are players who see a shield and are like "Well, is no way we can beat this" and basically never attempt to push forward or even try bring shields down.

Gonna try get on again in about 15 min.

Same, taking a small break because we were taking a long time to find a game.

5 minutes first, and after we finished that game we started two more that didn't even properly began due to the lack of players.

Hopefully we can have a stack in a bit, otherwise it's time to start hyper light drifter.

Mori's follow-up posts showed Rein we doing fine on defense on most maps, but that on offense picking him was fine at best,self-immolating at worst.

When I say "overrated", I mean that "Rein is a must-pick in every comp because you need to have shield wars" has been a standard thought process for OW players across the skill level spectrum, and we're seeing data come out that shows that's likely not true. (I suspect Reinhardt gets worse as you go down the skill ladder anyway due to people not using his shields effectively.)

I play Rein a lot, and I recently started picking dive on attack almost always. I feel like Rein needs really good healers and an aggressive team that can push with him on attack, and he might work depending on the other team (countering certain heroes).

I play against scrubs who have issues with choke points and bad positioning, so dive works really well on attack.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Seriously what is it with fucking Overwatch channels and those super exaggerated clickbait shit titles? Everyone's doing it.

Getting competitive, maybe views are dropping? No gravy train lasts forever.

I haven't messed around with his charged shot yet. The new accuracy and increased recovery time should make that a solid attack.

I still haven't found a good use case for the alt-fire besides peeking every once in a while. I feel more in control and in the flow just using his primary. And oh, is his primary smooth from long range now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
25k damage on Orisa in a single qp round

Of the new heroes playstylewise, she's my favorite but I also mainly play tanks so that makes sense. Not gonna knock Winston out of my favorite but as a former Heavy main, she's the closest I've found to that playstyle so far

Nice! Team Liquid sweeps LG Evil. Shadder2K going off with Mesr and AZK coming up big. Team could be really solid with more time and Shadder2K moved to NA.

attack dorado. made it all the way to the last point but couldn't get it.

our turn to defend. we actually had good communication well the team talked. i just listened. held the underpass for awhile until reaper ulted and wipe out the whole team. they got the first point. and then got stuck at the first chokepoint.

maybe like 30 seconds left after some ult went off 4 people from the other team ragequitted lol.

Just had a 22-5 match as Sombra on Hanamura defense with gold in eliminations and 11 offensive assists. Pretty sure the only time I can play Sombra effectively is on defense on 2CP maps because that's the only time I have a positive elimination-to-death ratio.

Owzers

Good Gaf games today, I don't think I need to main Orisa but I did enjoy the games I played as her and she's on my list.

My zen doesn't feel that much better after the buff :/

I stop playing for awhile, then I come back to do my placements.

My Rein is still putting in work. Sadly my teams so far weren't able to capitalize. Which is still nothing new....

Anyone wanna add me as friend on PC for comp? I'm low-mid diamond currently, play around 6 pm EST after work for a few hours. Griffith#1494

Done for tonight though.

I've played about 30 games with New-and-Improved Zen;
My damage is up over 1500, my elims are up 5-ish, and my accuracy is up 14%. My deaths are down, too, but I expect to get ganked more frequently in the backline with new strats any second now.
My Healing is down about 500, but I attribute that to actually having a second healer most of the time, unheard of at my lower SR.
My beautiful boy is a wrecking machine now.

As I mentioned in an earlier response: Bastions have no chance against me anymore. The 1v1s against Genjis, Tracers, and Sombras are much better than a coin flip now, and Arisas and 'Hogs just get exploded from range. I could weep with joy.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Oh and I dunno if you guys noticed too (knowing me this is sooooooo old) but there's definitely more shenanigans on YouTube than clickbaity titles...

52uKdtx.png

Meanwhile my crafted ShareFactory thing with custom open and personal gameplay on all clips, 53 views. Le sigh.

BigDug13

I still haven't found a good use case for the alt-fire besides peeking every once in a while. I feel more in control and in the flow just using his primary. And oh, is his primary smooth from long range now.

Peaking is very good when you know where a Bastion or turret is. That's really what it's for though. Or someone is following you around a corner and you charge up to give him a surprise.

rulerk1

I'm tired of dvas using defense matrix for genji ult or riptire. People play her so brain dead. Won't contest high ground, bail leaving you to fight alone, waste dm on nonsense so they can't block soldier ult. Always on my team too

when you pick mercy during comp when you don't know how to play her basically "threw" the first 2 rounds on nepal (i wasn't try too. fucking winston was annoying as fuck and my flying was terrible. like bitch flew AWAY from the person i was targeting wtf). had to politely ask if i can play zen the next round which they were cool with.EASY i mean EASY last 3 rounds. zen is too good. the discord and the the soothing crit sound constantly going off <3

Blues1990

If Lucid Momentum is reading this, I might be a tad late getting home tonight, so feel free to play without me. Stoopid bus ruining my game time. :(

Top Bottom