• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Wanderer5

Lol, ended up getting a PotG with Junkrat in a CTF match for sending off a tire right around the corner into a Winston as I was covering a flag holder, and then while backing off, lighting up a Tracer just as she got on a steel trap.

Had some nice matches with Junkrat today. which was great after having a few crappy ones.<3

Three stacks that play Orisa-Bastion-Mercy. Is that actually fun for them?

I was right, no one wants to be Orisa now lol

I really like Orisa. Unfortunately I think like Sombra she's going to require team coordination to be good and in solo queue she's not gonna be as effective.

LiK

GG guys. Some good matches today and some clutch wins. Junk is pretty dang awesome now for taking out annoying aggressive teams.

The mystery of why Owzers Rip Tire not killing people in the Gravitron is in the video!

He explodes on the backside of D.Vas mech and the payload.

( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

EssentialCalculatingGander.gif

LiK

Not gonna lie, but Orisa novelty wore off fast. I think we were in a few games where even the randoms didn't pick Orisa when she was available.

Had some decent matches tonight. Pissed off a three stack as McCree to the point where their Pharah switched to McCree and all three of them always focused me down first. Then pissed off another team as Winston so they switched to Winston counters (we still won). Also had a couple great matches as Orisa. I've done better with her on Attack than on Defense though.

All the changes I think are positive. Definitely was having way less fun during the dark Bastion time period. Winston and Junkrat feel way better, I like Orisa, and I'm doing marginally better as Zen although I think my skills with him have deteriorated. Sombra is still hit or miss but unlike before I feel like I've found my niche with her, so as long as I never play her outside of 2CP defense I should be okay.

Hopefully tomorrow night I'll get to play with the GAF group - did you guys ever set up the PS4 Discord?

Not gonna lie, but Orisa novelty wore off fast. I think we were in a few games where even the randoms didn't pick Orisa when she was available.

I want to still play her some more when we do QP.

Was rocking a few rounds as the new Sombra... She's pretty rad.

Gotta still sink my teeth into some new Zen.

Hopefully tomorrow night I'll get to play with the GAF group - did you guys ever set up the PS4 Discord?

There is one... but it's rather small. I can add tomorrow if more people sign up. For some reason the link I send always says it's expired.

LiK

I want to still play her some more when we do QP.

Was rocking a few rounds as the new Sombra... She's pretty rad.

Gotta still sink my teeth into some new Zen.

There is one... but it's rather small. I can add tomorrow if more people sign up. For some reason the link I send always says it's expired.

I wanted to play Sombra. But we ended up with tryhard 5-stack that were using gold weapons which was why I switched to Junk. I see a gold weapon in QP and it triggers me. Lol

Gotcha. I just downloaded Discord tonight - never used it before so no idea how it works. I'm Incendiary#4585 on there if that matters.

I wanted to play Sombra. But we ended up with tryhard 5-stack that were using gold weapons which was why I switched to Junk. I see a gold weapon in QP and it triggers me. Lol

Haha me too if it's at least three... I'm just like you want to get serious huh?

Get outta here with that nonsense!

FlashyCooperativeAyeaye-size_restricted.gif

Owzers

Haha. I wasn't trying to be my snarky self... genuinely thought you should know for uhhhh training purposes!
You were doing pretty well as Mercy, it's interesting to watch a game from another point of view, like of my corpse on the ground and you not rezing me. All I needed was a chance at redemption.

You were doing pretty well as Mercy, it's interesting to watch a game from another point of view, like of my corpse on the ground and you not rezing me. All I needed was a chance at redemption.

Haha...

Well I did rez right before that bringing Pinku back to do the gravitron...

You let all of us down... but most importantly you let down the rez.

KuroNeeko

Thanks y'all for recommending QP last night for practice!
I got to play a LOT of matches with Orisa and Sombra with little wait time or guilt.

Orisa feels...easy to play. Feels like her "Hold It!" ability is going to be what separates great players from average ones. I enjoyed her, and it was fun hanging out with Reinhart up on the front lines, but I think I'm still a D.Va man at heart (L O L).

Sombra, on the other hand, feels sooooo good. I can't really compare her to her past iterations as I've just come back recently, but she's a lot of fun. I feel like a really good player should just dominate the battlefield with her. Unfortunately, her EMP is really hard to use in solo queue where not even in-game autochat is met with any sort of reply. I think I'll spend most of my time on her, Mei, and Zenyatta (the latter two are my best characters according to overbuff).

edit: Actually, maybe I'll try to sneak in some Symmetra too. lol

MGrant

Things I'm seeing as of the latest patch in private matches with some friends (Platinum and up), trying to keep Theorywatch to a minimum:

- Orisa needs teams with a strong front line.
- I was seeing a lot of flankers in response to this. And more McCree in response to the flankers.
- More Pharah showing up, which means more Widow and Hanzo in response.
- But Winston's buff and 23409384534 barriers seems like they will make Hanzo and Widow's life very difficult. So McCree and Soldier are my most versatile Pharah counters now (even though they're pretty soft counters).

There seems to be more chaos now, but it ends up also feeling more balanced. Only given it a handful of hours, though. Would love to see how this develops.

Is Reaper legitimately good against anyone right now? Even when I'm using him, I always get the feeling that some other hero would be doing a better job.

MGrant

Nice. Junkrat is so much more annoying to play against for me now. Total area denial, long and short range. I should pick him up (I think my resistance is due to years of loathing TF2 Demoman...).

Sande

Okay, weekday morning 3v3 is peak idiocy in Overwatch apparently. I cannot fathom how some of these guys manage to turn on the Playstation.

Also, really weird how the enemy team is a well oiled machine with carefully considered team comp. Meanwhile everyone I get teamed up with seems to pick based on how little synergy the hero offers and insists on running in completely different directions all the time.

Okay, weekday morning 3v3 is peak idiocy in Overwatch apparently. I cannot fathom how some of these guys manage to turn on the Playstation.

People are always insanely stupid when it comes to matching up with randoms, but somehow the randoms on the enemy team always work together and play their roles properly.

Every time I play Orisa the whole enemy team focuses my shields immediately and their down instantly, every time I play against an Orisa my whole team runs away and ignores her shields making them effectively invisible and we lose every time thanks to it.

joanot

Its been three months since I bought Overwatch for the Xbox and I'm still having huge problems getting used to the controller, my issue is with the sitcks, they are too sensible !

I have no problems on PS4, but on Xbox the sticks acceleration is all over the place...I can´t aim ! Its also affecting my movement through the maps, getting stuck constantly on the geometry, it's so frustrating... I get dizzy too.

I have tested different sensibilities, even dropped it to zero, with no luck, I use the dual zone setting.

I'm considering buying an adapter to use the dualshock or just dropping the game.

Anybody else having this problem ?

Anne

Is Reaper legitimately good against anyone right now? Even when I'm using him, I always get the feeling that some other hero would be doing a better job.

Kind of sorta not really. He's good in specific types of situations, but a lot of the time Tracer or Genji are just flat better due to a lot of reasons. I know that might sound kinda counter-intuitive, but when a lot of the map is being locked down the mobility and safety matters more. They also deal pretty comparable damage to tanks anyways.

Sande

People are always insanely stupid when it comes to matching up with randoms, but somehow the randoms on the enemy team always work together and play their roles properly.

Every time I play Orisa the whole enemy team focuses my shields immediately and their down instantly, every time I play against an Orisa my whole team runs away and ignores her shields making them effectively invisible and we lose every time thanks to it.
Statistically, the enemy team should have just as many idiots. I honestly feel like I have some insanely high hidden MMR in 3v3 that the game is compensating for with these teammates.

These kinds of observations are usually mostly due to confirmation bias or a stroke of bad luck but I really don't think those adequately explain what has been going on this morning. The difference between my teammates and enemies has been that absurd. I wish the game showed its justification for the teams in all modes, not just competitive.

Statistically, the enemy team should have just as many idiots. I honestly feel like I have some insanely high hidden MMR in 3v3 that the game is compensating for with these teammates.

These kinds of observations are usually mostly due to confirmation bias or a stroke of bad luck but I really don't think those adequately explain what has been going on this morning. The difference between my teammates and enemies has been that absurd. I wish the game showed its justification for the teams in all modes, not just competitive.

I always try to keep that in mind when it happens over and over cause you're right, statistically it should be equal but it very clearly is not at all. I honestly think there may be some degree of intentionally matching up teammates that are bad alongside people that are good in an attempt to balance the matches out, but that just means that since I play so well I practically always have terrible teammates :(

I know OW isn't the type of game that you measure in K/D ratios but mine is between 3.0-5.0 for every single character since I don't have a main I just play everyone really well, and yet I still lose 85% of matches because of a lack of team coordination despite doing everything I can to communicate and play roles properly. (I know the first assumption about a K/D ratio that high is that I'm playing Reaper or something and ignoring objectives but that's not the case, I always pick last to fill in the necessary roles and my teammates always ignore their roles)

Here's how my most recent match went, and yep still lost despite carrying the hell out of our team and setting the stage for them all to get on fire with assists on my kills -

aTUWTin.jpg

Anne

Orisa is a Reaper counter though. At close range she gets 300 dps with headshots. The "tank killer" still dominates Winston but struggles against a few other tanks.

None of those statements are really all that true right now. Orisa's gun is kinda crap even at close range, it's just good for barrier and tank damage.

Reaper beating Winston is also only kinda marginally true. Most Winston teams out there right now are extremely mobile which Reaper isn't great into. You can build Reaper into certain teams that run things like that which are less mobile or on limited maps, but it's still meh.

I tried to increase my game "awareness".....by using multiple monitors LOL. The game doesn't support the setup though (didn't bother fixing it).

Also, about the servers shitting themselves yesterday, yeah they did on PC. I got insane lane and 300+ ping in practice range. There were issues before with disconnecting and getting insane lag spikes before in competitive too.

Skii

I really struggle to think of any situation where your team should switch into Reaper over another hero. Roadhog just does Reaper's job as a counter to Winston as well as being this constant looming threat in his hook radius.

The only reason you should switch into Reaper is if the Roadhog on your team is absolutely terrible and the opposing Winston is just hard carrying. Other than that, just play another DPS.

Things I'm seeing as of the latest patch in private matches with some friends (Platinum and up), trying to keep Theorywatch to a minimum:

- Orisa needs teams with a strong front line.
- I was seeing a lot of flankers in response to this. And more McCree in response to the flankers.
- More Pharah showing up, which means more Widow and Hanzo in response.
- But Winston's buff and 23409384534 barriers seems like they will make Hanzo and Widow's life very difficult. So McCree and Soldier are my most versatile Pharah counters now (even though they're pretty soft counters).

There seems to be more chaos now, but it ends up also feeling more balanced. Only given it a handful of hours, though. Would love to see how this develops.

Yeah after playing Orisa a bit last night, she gets absolutely destroyed by flankers if they know what they're doing. I played against a Tracer/Sombra combo defending Anubis point B and I could not get anywhere as Orisa because I could never get past the choke. Genji is also a problem due to her gun's projectile's travel time making it hard to track him when he's at his most flippy.

I'm sure the meta will stabilize in a few weeks but right now it seems like a lot of team comps are going to be viable.

If Orisa gets flanked by anything thin she needs to either have god aim, lots of luck with weapon spray or lots of luck and have the flanker run into her projectiles lmao

Her gun is really rough close range vs small hit boxes

Jellie

SUwAVl6.png

Sombra on Temple of Anubis too strong.
Was QP though :(
We had no healers against triple stack of masters running dive tho :S

Top Bottom