• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

So post patch I'm not enjoying Ana as much as I did. Not that she's been overnerfed but I miss being on Pharah duty or having a bigger impact on offense.

With Roadhog ,I seem to be incapable on landing the combo after the hook. I don't know if it's latency on my end but there's a clear delay between the hook and firing the shot which is terribly annoying and render me useless. .

So... trying to learn how to play Zarya now.

Any pointers/tips ?

I seem to be awful at using ult unless I coordinate with Hanzo/Pharah/Hog/Genji.

So post patch I'm not enjoying Ana as much as I did. Not that she's been overnerfed but I miss being on Pharah duty or having a bigger impact on offense.

With Roadhog ,I seem to be incapable on landing the combo after the hook. I don't know if it's latency on my end but there's a clear delay between the hook and firing the shot which is terribly annoying and render me useless. .

So... trying to learn how to play Zarya now.

Any pointers/tips ?

I seem to be awful at using ult unless I coordinate with Hanzo/Pharah/Hog/Genji.
Hold left-click after the hook.

Rocketz

I think I ran into my first noticeable KBM on Xbox yesterday. Of course he was playing Widow. He seemed a little too accurate but he only time he killed me he gave it away by doing a quick half circle down to reset his cross hair.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With Winston being picked alot right now Reaper seems to be a good counter against him.

I'd rather deal with Reaper than Buffed 76

at least with Reaper I know the fights I can pick and know to avoid the skull man. With 76 its like 'oh you cant run from me and you cant kill me either'

Sande

I think I ran into my first noticeable KBM on Xbox yesterday. Of course he was playing Widow. He seemed a little too accurate but he only time he killed me he gave it away by doing a quick half circle down to reset his cross hair.
I've noticed the amount of people landing a headshot with like 80% accuracy within half a second of me entering their LOS skyrocketing recently on PS4. Feels like everyone is using KB&M these days or have become unreasonably good with a controller.

Meanwhile I still can't hit anything as Widowmaker or Hanzo.

Hold left-click after the hook.

Oh but I do. That's the troubling part :/

There's a definite delay, maybe as long as half a sec. Can't figure out where it comes from. I usually play on US servers with around 120ms latency but I'd never experienced such "input lag" before.

Anne

Roadhog just does Reaper's job as a counter to Winston as well as being this constant looming threat in his hook radius.

Roadhog doesn't really counter Winston well for other various reasons though. If you want to get down to nitty gritty Reaper is a lot better at fighting Winston on a 1v1 basis, but Roadhog is better against Winston type team comps while he doesn't fight the monkey too well on his own.

People better learn real quick how these highly mobile team comps work. The name of the game this patch is looking like you don't wanna be stuck somewhere whenever it becomes time to fight.

jviggy43

Roadhog doesn't really counter Winston well for other various reasons though. If you want to get down to nitty gritty Reaper is a lot better at fighting Winston on a 1v1 basis, but Roadhog is better against Winston type team comps while he doesn't fight the monkey too well on his own.

People better learn real quick how these highly mobile team comps work. The name of the game this patch is looking like you don't wanna be stuck somewhere whenever it becomes time to fight.

Any roadhog who can't 1 on 1 winston should not be playing roadhog lol.

Anne

Any roadhog who can't 1 on 1 winston should not be playing roadhog lol.

It's not that he can't win the 1v1, it's more that realistically he can't set up well for that 1v1 in the first place. Idk, it's all kinda weird to explain unless you wanna start getting into how 1v1s happen in the first place.

maomaoIYP

Oh but I do. That's the troubling part :/

There's a definite delay, maybe as long as half a sec. Can't figure out where it comes from. I usually play on US servers with around 120ms latency but I'd never experienced such "input lag" before.

Do a spray to estimate your latency. Hog cannot hook shot combo properly in high latency games.

Winston seems REALLY viable now in QP, especially after the buff. There will always be some shitty double snipers on the other team, or some troublesome Genji that the random scrubs can't deal with. So I pick Winston, jump on their shitty healers, snipers or whoever is causing us issues and take them out. They just can't do shit when you shut them down.

Winston is the man...or ape. This is going to be good for competitive--even better if I get really good healers and dive comps in competitive.

Zarya isn't working anymore in QP. She has no escape tools when your five teammates overextend and die instantly. I improved my barrier timing and management, but I doubt I will be able to apply it unless I am with at least semi-competent teammates. So I will only pick Zarya when I have good teammates in QP or when I am in a stack. I am worried about picking her in competitive though; I had some really good results with her back when I used to find good people in QP (when my QP MMR was high).

I am remembering something from discussions about MMR. I recall people saying that matchmaking will

Also, Orisa is shit. She isn't easy to be effective with. Just another hero that requires really good teamwork and proper comp to work effectively. Orisa needs a jet pack or some mobility tool, or give her more HP and make her self-heal with fortify.

Reporting system getting an overhaul...... Hopefully they implement something on PS4...

Co-signed. Implement something.

Luckily for me, throwers have been rare. But I've gotten the same guy/gal back-to-back before. Spams "I need Healing" and doesn't actually need it. Runs up to the enemies spamming "Hello." That kind of thing.

It would be nice to at least drop a report, even if nothing comes of it.

As is, you have 3 options:
1) Take it -- nothing changes
2) Get on mic and rage -- nothing changes
3) Get on mic and ask politely for the person to get serious -- nothing changes and you get LULed at

Reporting system getting an overhaul...... Hopefully they implement something on PS4...

link or details on what they plan to do?

also they need a way to say when someone leave before the match starts rather than making us leave why not just throw in someone else who is searching and restart? it was bad enough you had to wait 3+ minutes to get a game going only to leave because of a leaver.

How can Orisa be bad when Reinhardt is good? Most of the criticisms I see applied to her apply to him as well. I think of Orisa as a more versatile but less sturdy Reinhardt.

I had a team that used Winston, Genji, and Pharah. I really don't know how to handle that kind of setup running around with Roadhog. :-/

I wanted to play Sombra. But we ended up with tryhard 5-stack that were using gold weapons which was why I switched to Junk. I see a gold weapon in QP and it triggers me. Lol

i actually think thats lame. a gold weapon on qp shouldnt trigger anyone. people can play their fav characters for fun

Anne

I had a team that used Winston, Genji, and Pharah. I really don't know how to handle that kind of setup running around with Roadhog. :-/

It's not great to deal with as Roadhog tbh, I was just saying it's a hell of a lot better than Reaper. Your best bet is to play back and focus on peeling or making engages more difficult. He's kind of in a similar boat to where he was in S1. Idk who all remembers what "high level" was back then, but Roadhog was generally disregarded because he couldn't deal with the "cancer comp" very well (as well as 50% discord being hilarious). Despite discord being nerfed, he's also been nerfed 3 times over and has similar problems.

Like, it's not the end of the world but it's rough. You got M2 into Winston bubble and a hook to call out anybody looking to dive into unprotected space. Just focus on that against the more mobile set ups, and go back to M2 spamming Rein deathball stuff.

If you do want to run something like Roadhog/Soldier/Rein/Dva against stuff like that it gets easier btw. Soldier + Roadhog synergize against this stuff pretty well, and both those tanks are good at buying you time.

The eerie silence on PS4 makes PotG currently come across as humorously un-heroic.
Wonder when they'll actually fix this.

Not sure I gel well with Orisa, has the Rein issue where if your team aren't banding with you you kinda feel like a waste and as an aside I swear people just focus me down more as her than most other characters, I'm guessing the whole big target angle being why.
Still enjoy playing as her though.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I feel Junkrat has become more valuable now after Orisa has been added, and with the abundance of shields. Yesterday I went all gold leading with 43 kills. Probably because you can play him aggressive now since he doesnt take damage from his own bombs.

Why is osira locked in ranked?

give people a week to pubically test her out in QP. would you really want people to go straight into Comp without knowing her?

I feel Junkrat has become more valuable now after Orisa has been added, and with the abundance of shields. Yesterday I went all gold leading with 43 kills. Probably because you can play him aggressive now since he doesnt take damage from his own bombs.

i keep forgetting no selfharm so i would always back away from the crap i throw still. lol.

Jellie

Think I saw Seagull running Junkrat in one of their scrims. Was on Hollywood I think. Wonder if they were just trying him out or actually gonna use him there.

Cappa

Banned
Why is osira locked in ranked?
Don't you think it's silly to have a new hero who 90% of the community hasn't played yet available?

Ranked shouldn't be a place where you practice new heroes. She'll unlock in a week. One of the best decisions they've made. When sombra released it was a complete disaster in ranked

Don't you think it's silly to have a new hero who 90% of the community hasn't played yet available?

Ranked shouldn't be a place where you practice new heroes. She'll unlock in a week. One of the best decisions they've made. When sombra released it was a complete disaster in ranked

Pretty clever addition

Skii

Think I saw Seagull running Junkrat in one of their scrims. Was on Hollywood I think. Wonder if they were just trying him out or actually gonna use him there.

Seagull does use Junkrat on Holywood defence on his streams so it's probably something they're testing out.

Seagull does use Junkrat on Holywood defence on his streams so it's probably something they're testing out.

He used Junkrat in Anubis too.

How can Orisa be bad when Reinhardt is good? Most of the criticisms I see applied to her apply to him as well. I think of Orisa as a more versatile but less sturdy Reinhardt.

Rein's shield is better, his ult is better and can end fights/take points, and he has more health, as well as a charge attack that can interrupt some characters who have their ults up, or even block some ults (D.Va, protecting teammates during Graviton, visor, and barrage). An aggressive Rein with proper healing is really dangerous. It is easy to maneuver around Orisa's shield and take her out quickly, and Rein can kill Genji with his hammer. There is also nanoboosted Rein (yeah you can walk away from him but not when you are earth shattered).

Take what I just said with a grain of salt though; I am not a pro nor did I play Orisa that much. It is just my observation, and talking from my experience as someone who played Rein a lot. I just had a game with Orisa, and I feel like Rein has more of an impact than her overall; he works with a lot of comps.

LiK

i actually think thats lame. a gold weapon on qp shouldnt trigger anyone. people can play their fav characters for fun

If you don't get triggered by constantly dying trying to practice a hero you're not good at then good for you. Which is why I go gold hero as well and we obliterate them. Getting steamrolled ain't fun for anyone in our group. Fave hero or not, they were playing serious cuz it was a stack. This ain't random solo q in QP where everyone is messing around.

Jellie

There was an undocumented change to the way support assists work in the last patch and now people are speculating it's causing the system to calculate SR gains and losses for support players improperly.

Some say it's affecting only Mercy, some say it's affecting all supports, Blizz says they're looking into it.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753686646?page=1
You'd be a GM mercy main by now then.
If it did affect all supports would make sense. Lost 30 then gained 15 when we stomped when I was on support.
Same. I'm thinking of doing solo queue only tracer on my alt account just to get used to picking her on not-koth
I want an alt for Tracer and Sombra practice.

antitrop

You'd be a GM mercy main by now then.
If it did affect all supports would make sense. Lost 30 then gained 15 when we stomped when I was on support.

I want an alt for Tracer and Sombra practice.

I lost my one Comp game yesterday and lost 30SR after being on a huge win streak, I was expecting to only lose like 10-15. I played Mercy on defense and Lucio on attack.

So finding out about this wasn't really surprising to me.

Jellie

I lost my one Comp game yesterday and lost 30SR after being on a huge win streak, I was expecting to only lose like 10-15. I played Mercy on defense and Lucio on attack.

So finding out about this wasn't really surprising to me.

I was on a 4 win streak when I lost 30. Dunno if 4 is even a streak. At least I got back to Masters.

Which is so sad, because the supports bring me the most Joy.

If Blizzard would move Sym to a more reasonable category, I could say that I am pretty good with all of them.

I would rather see Symmetra get a rework so that she can "heal" in some sense, even if it's just giving energy to everyone.

Jellie

S4mains_1.png

Top 10 Mains at each Rank.

Support is number 1.

1 in 10 GMs are Ana mains... Dunno how they calculated that but thats what they said :S

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
hey guys

2 healers on defense is almost always going to beat 1 healer on attack. can we please have someone other than just lucio or do we just not give a fuck because mah frags

If you don't get triggered by constantly dying trying to practice a hero you're not good at then good for you. Which is why I go gold hero as well and we obliterate them. Getting steamrolled ain't fun for anyone in our group. Fave hero or not, they were playing serious cuz it was a stack. This ain't random solo q in QP where everyone is messing around.

but how do you know they were playing serious just cause they were stacked? that's an assumption more than anything. just cause they maybe steamrolling doesnt mean they are playing serious. they could just be playing well even when they arent try harding.

qp isn't just for practicing a hero you arent good at. its literally for anything. and honestly, if someone did want to try hard in qp, nothing wrong with that either.

There was an undocumented change to the way support assists work in the last patch and now people are speculating it's causing the system to calculate SR gains and losses for support players improperly.

Some say it's affecting only Mercy, some say it's affecting all supports, Blizz says they're looking into it.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753686646?page=1

its effecting all supports because I experienced it yesterday.

won with mercy got 15 sr
won with mercy again got 16 sr
played lucio, sym and ana in a match and lost 29 sr (normally my first loss after win is 18-20 sr lost)

then played a match on Rein and won and got 31 sr

LiK

but how do you know they were playing serious just cause they were stacked? that's an assumption more than anything. just cause they maybe steamrolling doesnt mean they are playing serious. they could just be playing well even when they arent try harding.

qp isn't just for practicing a hero you arent good at. its literally for anything. and honestly, if someone did want to try hard in qp, nothing wrong with that either.

They can do whatever they want. I will play how I want. I'm done talking with you about it.

Top Bottom