• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I hate trolls. I don't know what twists and turns life must have given you so that you're ideal way of having fun is to get on the internet and be an ass.

Played with a Hanzo/Mei duo who hid by the enemy spawn the whole game. Next game I had to play against them and they threw again. I wish we could have just drawn the game.

only had 10 hours on d.va and that was just learning to play her in qp. then i just took her into comp lmao.

also had some guy named "widowmaker" throw the game. he was on my team. then i matched with him on the other team.

Oxn

Um, may I know what the hell do you do to stay relaxed? I just had a match doing 360s and flying everywhere healing the idiots and buffing anyone who has a decent positioning, AND avoiding an angry try-hard Genji who was probably quoting some anime character while trying to get rid of me.

When you dont have to aim, its relaxing.

Thats why i main Mercy. Ive been climbing pretty well ever since i did. Now i jinxed myself.

Gorillaz

been playing a bit more lucio this season and while it's not the same as anti has mentioned it's definitely a bit more calm to play as the healer more often. It gets tiring being tank most if not all the time
I really didn't understand how fun it was to dodge EVERYTHING as lucio no wonder stanky loves it

Man, I made it to my career high of 2950 yesterday. Diamond was so close I could almost taste it... but now I just finished off a solid losing streak that left me at 2794. I WILL GET TO DIAMOND >.>

LiK

Yea, playing Mercy is pretty chill as long as you have a decent team. Blizzard def found the right sound for healing cuz it's super relaxing. Lol I guess I'll play her more if I just wanna relax in QP.

komaruR

Yea, playing Mercy is pretty chill as long as you have a decent team. Blizzard def found the right sound for healing cuz it's super relaxing. Lol I guess I'll play her more if I just wanna relax in QP.

im not getting enough heals :p

MG310

Just had the most bizarre Symmetra on King's Row offense and defense. Kept putting teleporters/shield generators out in the open but was killing enough that she constantly got new ones.

Mine01

Im stuck on platinum... most teamates are so stupid i swear.

Die- > Respawn -> die -> Respawn -> die... "wait for group", lol no -> die.

Pharmercy on the other team?? let me go phara and do shit and then blame the mcree (me) for not being able to kill 2 guys at the same time.

Somebody plx kill me

ohkay

Im stuck on platinum... most teamates are so stupid i swear.

Die- > Respawn -> die -> Respawn -> die... "wait for group", lol no -> die.

Pharmercy on the other team?? let me go phara and do shit and then blame the mcree (me) for not being able to kill 2 guys at the same time.

Somebody plx kill me
Sounds exactly like the game I just played, except I played Ana, not McCree

MG310

Just had a troll Mei on Numbani defense blocking our own team off the point. First time blocked me off with the opposing Bastion and then ran back to spawn to block me there.

Whatabutthurt on PSN

LiK

I feel like Mei walls should magically not block teammates like barriers. Tired of bad Mei walls. Got me killed a few times tonight.

I had a Winston vs Winston showdown/dick measuring contest and I won with 120ms ping. I baited him into attacking me first while I back up a bit into a health pack, but I got him by jumping around him where he didn't track me properly and missed some damage and most of his ammo clip.

I also had 6 primal rage kills in two rounds of KoTH. I am getting better at timing the ult to finish off multiple low health players and knock them out of position so that my teammates can shoot them, or isolate their healers and finish them off.

Edit: Overbuff is full of shit. I won that KoTH game 2-0 once with Pharah and once with Mercy. It says I am 0-1 with Pharah. It also says I died four times with Mercy even though I was 12-0 that whole KoTH game.

I feel like Mei walls should magically not block teammates like barriers. Tired of bad Mei walls. Got me killed a few times tonight.

A new player ended up in my team yesterday and picked Mei on defense. He/she placed the ice wall BEHIND me instead of isolating the discorded player that I was trying to finish. I lost count of how many random Mei walls were placed in front of me while I was trying to finish someone off or when I am ulting. They just spam the wall repulsively in the direction of the enemy team without paying attention to their HP or the possibility that someone might ult or try to push through hard.

So I legit played a bunch of games with a pro smurf today.

me and a friend were queued, and we get this level 31 Mcree....

as we play, this guy is ballin. Not super dominating, but doing VERY well. I invite him to the group and we start playing. He continues to ball out on Mcree. I ask him if he is a smurf and what is his Main account name. He says this is his main. I keep egging him but he doubles down on it. Next match, some guy picks Mcree instantly, and so this guy goes ana. As we play, I'm getting healed by ana like never before, and this guy is constantly yelling "xxxx hero is slept right here!"

Next match ends up being a tough match as we are going up against an amazing Genji, as the match wains on, he is doing Pro callouts. Calling out cooldowns and what not.

Last match, during casual conversation about the game, he starts to let slip his knowledge of the game.....things that a level 31 would NEVER know.

Just wish I knew what his main account was.

LiK

So I legit played a bunch of games with a pro smurf today.

me and a friend were queued, and we get this level 31 Mcree....

as we play, this guy is ballin. Not super dominating, but doing VERY well. I invite him to the group and we start playing. He continues to ball out on Mcree. I ask him if he is a smurf and what is his Main account name. He says this is his main. I keep egging him but he doubles down on it. Next match, some guy picks Mcree instantly, and so this guy goes ana. As we play, I'm getting healed by ana like never before, and this guy is constantly yelling "xxxx hero is slept right here!"

Next match ends up being a tough match as we are going up against an amazing Genji, as the match wains on, he is doing Pro callouts. Calling out cooldowns and what not.

Last match, during casual conversation about the game, he starts to let slip his knowledge of the game.....things that a level 31 would NEVER know.

Just wish I knew what his main account was.

If you still have his PSN maybe msg him or add him if he's that good.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Playing Mercy is so relaxing.

When you don't need to worry about skill. Mercy is great. All about positioning.

Won a game earlier, not quite sure how. But I know their Rein was really disliking me as Ana. There is nothing more beautiful than sleeping a Rein as he's about to hit a teammate into the wall. Got him at least 4 times on their offensive.

MG310

There is nothing more beautiful than sleeping a Rein as he's about to hit a teammate into the wall. Got him at least 4 times on their offensive.

Same but with Zen and discording/killing him to free a teammate.

8-11-5 tonight...a fair number with quitters or trolls. More Hanamura than I would have liked but I do have a lot of fun defending the 2nd point with Symmetra and harassing anyone who goes on the upper balconies.

Blizzard

Banned
I hate trolls. I don't know what twists and turns life must have given you so that you're ideal way of having fun is to get on the internet and be an ass.

Played with a Hanzo/Mei duo who hid by the enemy spawn the whole game. Next game I had to play against them and they threw again. I wish we could have just drawn the game.
Unlike some games (CSGO, LoL) I've never seen a message in Overwatch indicating any sort of punishment is given to griefers.

In competitive silver you constantly see people who play nothing but Sombra/Genji/Hanzo/Widow no matter what map type, no matter how bad they are doing, and no matter what state the match is in. I don't know why they don't do quick play, and I guess those character archetypes attract a certain sort of personality?

Tonight was a new one though. Someone raged when they were asked to switch characters, went Sombra, and for the rest of the competitive match they endlessly teleported themselves to their death off a cliff or stood in one place and spammed an emote.

Is there any way to block emotes? Squelch chat only blocks the text, but you still hear the Sombra emote voice spawm all match long.

Sayad

"Oh! Mercy just ulted, who care about that bitch now, will leave her hopeless ass for last"... Killing a nanoblade Genji with Mercy is quite possibly the most satisfactory thing you could do in this game.

Cappa

Banned
I played last night with a two stack that went Symmetra and junk rat all the time attack or defense. I got matched up with them 3 times lost all 3. I wish I could have an option to avoid

Also I must add we tried to work around them but it was impossible

My luck is amazing today. Loss after loss brought me down to 2854, and a server error while queuing brings down to 2804, thanks blizzard.

At the very least, I feel like my aim is improving. I really do better if I pay close attention to my crosshair placement.

Cappa

Banned
I want to upload my Mei game play videos but keep forgetting. Lots of people complaining about bad mei teammates so I would love for people to critique me too. I like when people tell me I'm doing something wrong or not well makes me want to get better

Skii

I played last night with a two stack that went Symmetra and junk rat all the time attack or defense. I got matched up with them 3 times lost all 3. I wish I could have an option to avoid

Also I must add we tried to work around them but it was impossible

People that main defence heroes are so frustrating. Basically useless on either attack/defence depending on the hero.

Top Bottom