• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Kiro

I'll be back for some PS4 Overwatch this weekend! Been a long time and I'm gonna be learning Orisa for the most part. And half trying to get her impossible achievements while also learning her. Will play other roles as necessary of course.

Anyone want to play with me? Mainly Saturday. PSN ID: Kiro21-

LiK

Gonna be practice night. I'm gonna just use lesser heroes or try out heroes like Tracer with different settings. Don't care about win lose. But I won't be throwing games cuz that's just shitty to do.

Skii

I've had Orisa on my team in at least half of my 10 comp games today. My favourite one was an Orisa on my team complaining about our Genji not having a lot of time on him this season.

AngryMoth

My experience with Orisa so far in comp is that if there's one on my team and not the enemies then we lose. People need more practise with her

I've had Orisa on my team in at least half of my 10 comp games today. My favourite one was an Orisa on my team complaining about our Genji not having a lot of time on him this season.

The only comp game I played the enemy team had an Orisa, while nobody on my team picked Orisa and we all spammed "Thank You" on the way to the point.

We won.

aeolist

Banned
woo just made master! screencap didn't work :(

i've been sleeping on winston since the buff, he's a monster now and i need to play him more

karasu

I just started playing Comp again and I can't get a winning team to save my life. I'm not that good but Jesus I want to win one!

Blu(e)

Hit Diamond again. What a rough ride. Started off the season at around 2700 and ended up dropping down to around 2300 and just had the absolute worst games. I was really struggling climbing back up and was wondering if I belonged in Platinum. Persevered and was able to climb back up. I usually just give up on comp after hitting Diamond but I might try and go even further and see how far I can get.

ohkay

People need to not pick Orisa in comp, unless they actually know how to use her. Some dude played her with 5 mins play time on her. I don't think I need to say how that game went

Gorillaz

Orisa's kit works in a way where you can have dumb luck with her and still get away with a win. Sombra isn't built like that so when she came out people rejected it quick.

I can see the "I am now a Orisa main" attitude not getting called out for awhile or as bad as sombra did at launch.

Satch

Banned
People need to not pick Orisa in comp, unless they actually know how to use her. Some dude played her with 5 mins play time on her. I don't think I need to say how that game went
Theyre never going to know how to use her if they dont pick her in comp

People complained about it and they disabled her for one week. Surprise surprise it doesnt fix anythig because they dont know how to play the hero in a competitive environment

Theyre never going to know how to use her if they dont pick her in comp

People complained about it and they disabled her for one week. Surprise surprise it doesnt fix anythig because they dont know how to play the hero in a competitive environment
Yup.

I am starting to dig Orisa, still she needs like a better fire rate while holding her machine gun since she lost mobility while shooting, give her extra armor and is she is around her barrier add her 4+ shields while is standing

so how bad is ps4 comp right now?

99% of Orisa being pick of an actual tank

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why are people so fucking scared of Hanamura door chokepoint

I've seen Defend over extend, we pick 2-3 of them, Attack backs away, like WTF!, push!

It's 6 vs 3 or 4, push
If they even here a buzzing sound (Symm) or "Ice wall" all of them get shook
Like I'm not dying!
Why would I as a Tank sacrifice myself! or take damage

Reinhardt stayed at the door for like 15+ seconds letting Defense get back to full strength and then do his bum rush and get us team wiped
Like seriously

I've seen Defend over extend, we pick 2-3 of them, Attack backs away, like WTF!, push!

It's 6 vs 3 or 4, push
Like I'm not dying!

Reinhardt stayed at the door for like 15+ seconds letting Defense get back to full strength and then do his bum rush and get us team wiped
Like seriously

Yeah this is something always happens, and annoys me to no end, Hanamura and Eichenwalde are the best maps for this to happen.

MartyStu

Yeah this is something always happens, and annoys me to no end, Hanamura and Eichenwalde are the best maps for this to happen.

This is why the advice I often see here where people suggest NEVER charging with Rein drives me crazy.

At those chokes, that is exactly what attack should be doing.

ISOM

I tend to pick flankers like Tracer or Genji when I'm playing heavy chokepoint maps. It relieves some of the pressure off the front gate because I know for the most part my team will be too scared to consistently mount an aggressive push.

ohkay

It's 6 vs 3 or 4, push
Like I'm not dying!

Like seriously
This is one of the benefits of playing Rein. You get to decide yourself to hold W and push in

Owzers

I think you and I are going to have to have an Orisa-off to determine who gets to main her on PS4.
My qp record says I'm 5-9 with Orisa, I'm surprised my team let me down so many times.

I had a really fun Sombra game on el dorado, but I need to work on remembering to teleport around.

ISOM

Blizzard needs to be thinking about making mobile heroes not heroes that get slower. I think that is the one problem of why Orisa hasn't totally won me over even though I enjoy playing her sometimes.

I just had the worst comp experience I've ever had today.

Anubis, I play Zarya and we take the two points pretty easily, suddenly the genji and Ana on our team start arguing both saying they're doing nothing. Ana says he's going to throw and picks McCree. Round two starts and they take the points faster than we did. The team falls apart while arguing about how they're carrying the game. Meanwhile I have 4 golds.

By the beginning of the third round, I felt done with them. I actually just left the match halfway, I could not take the dick-waving anymore. We were going to lose badly anyways. I was the only one putting in any effort at that point.

I've never seen or heard anything like that.

Fell 300 points this week. Every team is just the most incredible mish-mash of dumbfucks I have ever met and I can't do anything about it. I am so unhappy with this bullshit matchmaking system.

Roadhog can't carry nearly as well, either. :(

Top Bottom