• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I think there's basically no point in playing Lucio below Diamond, if you put it on speed for a second, people will instantly tell you they need healing. It's dumb af

On KotH that speed will help get your people
to leave the point instead of capturing it
faster.

It's almost as if people don't understand that Lucio doesn't always have to be healing.

But yeah, below Diamond it seems Ana + Mercy or Ana + Zen is the thing, despite how amazing Lucio is.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I just played a competitive match as Mercy....and we won. And I only died twice and never had to resurrect anyone because I kept everyone healed so well.

...is this what becoming a Mercy main feels like?
Partly. It's also nice to see people using the Thanks! emote on you non-ironically because they know you're consistently saving their bacon.

The dark side of that is chasing after everyone being suicidal (Reinhardts thinking that charge needs to be used off cooldown) and feeling like a babysitter more than anything.

Guys what's your career best healing with Mercy i QP?
Looks like it's 13,113. I could've sworn it was higher than that.

So I've always wanted to post a gameplay video of my Mei since people have complained about getting really bad mei teammates.

I realized I didn't have many saved but this was the most recent. I don't think I even did that well although I did get play of the match lol. It's about 11 minutes long and it's on koth. I normally don't play Mei on koth either but decided to here. The video starts out with two French dudes complaining about the hanzo on our team lol.

Warning to the pc master race this is on console so it may seem to slow for your tastes. Would appreciate criticism from anyone willing to watch good or bad :)
https://youtu.be/Z_lFtfRd0Mo

Not bad, the only thing I noticed was you had some issues with killing that Soldier. Usually a frozen Soldier = dead soldier. If they're healing I'll usually try headshot + bodyshot + quick melee (I tend to miss multiple head shots on smaller targets), they should be dead unless they're getting healed by Ana/Mercy.

This tilts me like a motherfucker. Bitch, I've given you 100 Harmony Orbs and you can't even left click me once?

i think i switched off zen at that time. i was standing next to her on one of the oasis map...didn't budge to even turn right to heal me. its like some of the players have tunnel vision (or set their FOV to the lowest setting) or don't hear.
same with lucio. i don't mind some of the players who don't play him understand there's an AOE to his heal. but go ahead and keep spreading and then try to blame me for not healing. but then again lets just let me die. but i don't blame them. i'm sure it's their first time playing OW and they'll learn the hard way. i noticed sometimes if i'm the only healer (lucio) there's always that one person who picks zarya who actually gives a shit and protect me lol.

i think one game it was just me and mercy that tried to run the point but by the time we got there the whole team was wiped and we had to back off. and just started picking people for funsies lol

MG310

I'm ready for comp tonight, I expect to see everyone playing and not avoiding me for the characters I choose to main.

I've been in the middle of the Everybody Hates Zenyatta show for like 4 days now. They don't want Zen but nobody else will go healer and I can't play Mercy or Ana.

I think I'm at the point where I'll stay in team chat in case someone actually makes a reasonable request to the team but I'm definitely not going to use my mic.

Owzers

I've been in the middle of the Everybody Hates Zenyatta show for like 4 days now. They don't want Zen but nobody else will go healer and I can't play Mercy or Ana.
We live in a world of big heals. Your orb won't save my Orisa, and I'm vital to the teams success.

Played a game where we stopped them between the last 2 checkpoints on Kings Row. Our Lucio had to go afk because he said his dog was sick once we were on attack. He eventually got kicked from the game. Everyone was tilted, switching to Widowmaker, Hanzo, Torb and accepting defeat, saying gg and all that. He came back on with 40 seconds left and everyone switched back to their normal heroes for one last push. We cap the 1st point in Overtime and moved rolled the entire team the rest of the way. 5 of our players were on fire.

I think the enemy team lost all their focus and could not get it back in time to prevent from getting steamrolled.

Played a game where we stopped them between the last 2 checkpoints on Kings Row. Our Lucio had to go afk because he said his dog was sick once we were on attack. He eventually got kicked from the game. Everyone was tilted, switching to Widowmaker, Hanzo, Torb and accepting defeat, saying gg and all that. He came back on with 40 seconds left and everyone switched back to their normal heroes for one last push. We cap the 1st point in Overtime and moved rolled the entire team the rest of the way. 5 of our players were on fire.

I think the enemy team lost all their focus and could not get it back in time to prevent from getting steamrolled.

so what youre saying is lucio carried the team

What a relief. I just had a decent game with Reinhardt even though we had Junkrat and Widow on the team. I had really good earth shatters, multikills and complete shutdown of the other team's pushes. I ended up with 24-3 which is like really good for solo queue QP Rein with no Ana on the team. I also got PoTG but it wasn't a fat six man earth shatter.

I thought I was turning into a shitty Rein player but I still got it. I just have to get a bit better with Pharah by improving my aim and mobility/flanking; I know when to not pick her and I am working on a strategy to punish those shitty hitscan counters with Winston and other dive heroes whenever they try to counter my Pharah.

so what youre saying is lucio carried the team

His presumably dead dog gave him motivation. You know like those movie/video game scenes where someone dies and you go yeaaagh am gonna kill all of you motherfuckers.

Orisa without Mercy or Ana is shit. That's what I learned from playing as Orisa.

She is pretty much shit in a lot of situations. I don't trust any Orisa player who picks her in QP solo queue without talking to the team first and taking a look at the other team too. I get what you are saying about her dying fast though. She is like a tank version of pre-buff Bastion.

NeoRaider

I just watched that trailer for new Widowmaker statue and now i want it so bad. It looks soooo cool. Best one they made imo.

Oh sweet, PS4 put itself in rest mode while I was searching for a comp game and now I am suspended and lost rank points. The system only does this with Overwatch...

Korosenai

I'm 3-6 right now, but every game I'm usually the best player on my team even when we lose and I have an overall 2.4 kd right now.... am I gonna place low because of the losses? Or do they also factor in other things as well?

LiK

She is pretty much shit in a lot of situations. I don't trust any Orisa player who picks her in QP solo queue without talking to the team first and taking a look at the other team too. I get what you are saying about her dying fast though. She is like a tank version of pre-buff Bastion.

I did the best with her in Payload and 2CP maps. But yea, she needs a good team to support her cuz shes made of paper and can die so quick. She dies faster than D.va which is saying something. They either need to give her more armor or give a sprint ability to escape.

I just watched that trailer for new Widowmaker statue and now i want it so bad. It looks soooo cool. Best one they made imo.

Thanks for the heads up, preordered. Man, I guess we'll never get a Tracer restock. I really hope they offer her again. Still bothers me that I missed out on it.

If arisa fails to put her shield on her she is pretty done for. No sustain

what's the CD on it. i usually play DVA and try to absorb most of the damage while it's in CD. but then again doesn't it go into CD once you use it?

just played QP (first game of the game) and oh god. having to defend point B on anubis was frustrating because i was d.va and i think we had an Orisa... but i don't think she even ulted once. but she did throw down her shield most of the time though. but still. I thought we were going to lose the match because the other team came rushing and i was still dead. but ho shit. i managed to get back on point. duck into a corner and kill the other team that clutch ult forced them off after i killed off their mercy. she was flying around. and im there trying to shoot her amidst the other team idk who they were shooting but they weren't really shooting me lol.

LiK

what's the CD on it. i usually play DVA and try to absorb most of the damage while it's in CD. but then again doesn't it go into CD once you use it?

12 seconds and CD goes down once you use it. Problem is it's quickly destroyed especially with heroes like Junk and Soldier focus firing on it.

shira

widowmaker_statue_hero.jpg

ooo shiny

ohkay

Thanks for the heads up, preordered. Man, I guess we'll never get a Tracer restock. I really hope they offer her again. Still bothers me that I missed out on it.
They were selling Tracer statues a few weeks back at Pax east so I think they'll restock her eventually

Keasar

God I fucking hate Competitive in this game...

Every time I wanna play with my friends, I can't play with them because of "minimum 3000 rank" bullshit. So then I have to play placement matches in order to play with them. And every time I do, I have to play with random people I hate playing with instead of friends. So after 6-7 matches, I start getting bored and stop playing. Then when I try to play with them again, "SURPRISE NEW FUCKING SEASON YOUR PLACEMENT MATCHES HAS RESET LOLOLOLOLOLOL!" and they have already played 10 by then.

Fuck this shit...

LiK

God I fucking hate Competitive in this game...

Every time I wanna play with my friends, I can't play with them because of "minimum 3000 rank" bullshit. So then I have to play placement matches in order to play with them. And every time I do, I have to play with random people I hate playing with instead of friends. So after 6-7 matches, I start getting bored and stop playing. Then when I try to play with them again, "SURPRISE NEW FUCKING SEASON YOUR PLACEMENT MATCHES HAS RESET LOLOLOLOLOLOL!"

Fuck this shit...

Doesn't matter if you win or lose in Placements, it's more like personal performance. Just get through it and you're good to go.

They should lower the amount tho. 10 is a lot. 5 is a better amount.

Keasar

Doesn't matter if you win or lose in Placements, it's more like personal performance. Just get through it and you're good to go.

They should lower the amount tho. 10 is a lot. 5 is a better amount.

But that's the thing. I don't care about the rank. I just wanna get through those matches, but I can't because I hate playing alone so I just stop after a while.

Also, I have to be the only person of all Overwatch players who got the game on release and STILL havent gotten past rank 100 once.

LiK

But that's the thing. I don't care about the rank. I just wanna get through those matches, but I can't because I hate playing alone so I just stop after a while.

Also, I have to be the only person of all Overwatch players who got the game on release and STILL havent gotten past rank 100 once.

I get you. Just try to get through them asap and hope you have a good team.

Top Bottom