• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

MG310

2150 now :/ Maybe I should take a break for a bit and play that Dark Souls DLC or some more Watch Dogs 2.

Just getting savagely murdered by Tracer and Mei all night. I think one of them might have wiped our entire team 5 times over on 1 round of Illios.

KyleCross

I'm quite pissed. I bought the Widowmaker statue, but it said the order was "declined." My bank account was charged. Blizzard support didn't help at all. They said I cancelled the order and they never charged me anything. I now have to go to my bank tomorrow and sort this out while still hoping she doesn't sell out and I can order her.

ohkay

I'm quite pissed. I bought the Widowmaker statue, but it said the order was "declined." My bank account was charged. Blizzard support didn't help at all. They said I cancelled the order and they never charged me anything. I now have to go to my bank tomorrow and sort this out while still hoping she doesn't sell out and I can order her.
Reaper statue has been up for a few months, so you should be fine

Why can't this game be all KotH on Lijiang Tower?

MartyStu

So I have never really bothered to finish my placements in any of the seasons.

Other than my placements matches this season, what else would blizzard take into account when placing me? My QP MMR?

PeterGAF

Banned
I love how whenever I pick Zen the person who was on the other healer switches off. Are you really expecting me to solo heal as Zen?

Apathy

you can really tell in mystery heroes who never plays a tank. They are way too scared to move forward through chokes even with multiple healers

LiK

You should be fine. Might miss out on Wave 1 at most. There will probably be a Wave 2 like with Reaper.

Fell 300 points this week. Every team is just the most incredible mish-mash of dumbfucks I have ever met and I can't do anything about it. I am so unhappy with this bullshit matchmaking system.

Roadhog can't carry nearly as well, either. :(

eh I'd argue Roadhog, Ana, and Soldier are the top 3 "Carry" characters. You gotta be really good with them to carry, of course but still.

but yea, I know the feels. I fell 400 points yesterday. And climbed 360 of those points today, then fell another 60 lol. fell the 60 due to bad Orisas, all 3 games.

Apathy

People will dump Orisa in a week or two because they won't want to put in the time to learn and play her right, then they'll go and complain she's underpowered. Blizzard will do a round of buffs, people will still complain, do a second round of buffs that break her, people will have had enough time to learn her and be OK but with the broken buffs they'll be unkillable monsters. Blizzard will see it, nerf her and people well go bitch she's unplayable even though she's fine.

Basically the dva treatment.

New Pharah/Sniper heavy meta is anti-fun. Think I'll take a couple weeks off again.

People will dump Orisa in a week or two because they won't want to put in the time to learn and play her right, then they'll go and complain she's underpowered. Blizzard will do a round of buffs, people will still complain, do a second round of buffs that break her, people will have had enough time to learn her and be OK but with the broken buffs they'll be unkillable monsters. Blizzard will see it, nerf her and people well go bitch she's unplayable even though she's fine.

Her headshot area is bigger than Dvas. But she has 200 less health. Curious if she is genuinely under-preforming, I like playing her but she feels weak.

I would love Pharah and Soldier nerfs.

eh I'd argue Roadhog, Ana, and Soldier are the top 3 "Carry" characters. You gotta be really good with them to carry, of course but still.

but yea, I know the feels. I fell 400 points yesterday. And climbed 360 of those points today, then fell another 60 lol. fell the 60 due to bad Orisas, all 3 games.
Yeah, but I fell to 1400. If you have never been that low, you don't know the misery of playing with people at that rank. :(

I am cranking gold elims and damage consistently with Roadhog but the rest of my team just does the dumbest shit every game. It feels like I'm playing alone. I'll survive multiple team fights while the rest of them die in a steady stream and I'm still hooking things in 1 at a time semi-evening the match out, but that's the best I can do.

Roadhog's gun really needs more ammo. With the 8 second hook cooldown I am spending SO much time reloading. :-(

ISOM

I don't think there's been enough time to know whether she's fine or not. I mean Ana needed buffs after her reveal and so did Sombra so who knows.

Hi guys I would like to ask something about competitive because I'm a beginner, I got placed in gold with 2021 but today I lost a match with some friends and lost 40 points
If I lose more matches I'm going to lose my rank? :(

ISOM

Hi guys I would like to ask something about competitive because I'm a beginner, I got placed in gold with 2021 but today I lost a match with some friends and lost 40 points
If I lose more matches I'm going to lose my rank? :(

No. You can only lose your rank if you're master or grandmaster. Everything below keeps their rank even if they go below the highest rank they attained.

I would love Pharah and Soldier nerfs.

Yeah, but I fell to 1400. If you have never been that low, you don't know the misery of playing with people at that rank. :(

I am cranking gold elims and damage consistently with Roadhog but the rest of my team just does the dumbest shit every game. It feels like I'm playing alone. I'll survive multiple team fights while the rest of them die in a steady stream and I'm still hooking things in 1 at a time semi-evening the match out, but that's the best I can do.

Roadhog's gun really needs more ammo. With the 8 second hook cooldown I am spending SO much time reloading. :-(

I placed 1447 this season....and climbed to Plat, as Reinhardt.

I climbed to 1700, and I lost 15 matches in a row tonight. I consistently win if I pick Reinhardt, but he's just so fucking boring I might as well not play at all.

it wasn't easy climbing with Rein. He isn't a carry. Rein has to rely on Dps killing stuff, and healers healing. But Rein is my favorite character so that's why I play him mostly.

it was an elevator, but I did it. How I climbed, was not only relying on my play, but also my social skills. Communication, attitude, and making friends have been a huge help in me climbing.

it wasn't easy climbing with Rein. He isn't a carry. Rein has to rely on Dps killing stuff, and healers healing. But Rein is my favorite character so that's why I play him mostly.

it was an elevator, but I did it. How I climbed, was not only relying on my play, but also my social skills. Communication, attitude, and making friends have been a huge help in me climbing.
That's great - I'm not a social person, though, and I'm not someone who can play and talk frequently at the same time.

We got rolled on Eichenwald Defense with over 7:30 left. Started with a 2-2-2 (me on Zen). My entire team (minus me) was within sight of their spawn doors at the start. 10 seconds later I'm still in the choke, looking at 5 skulls.

Now, I am a man of action, so you can bet I looked my enemy in the face, spat a gob of robo-tobacco on the ground... and hovered the hell out of there posthaste, meeting my respawners at the bridge.

We then got rolled even worse than before. 0 kills, 1 death. 250 healing, 2 defensive assists, 1 offensive assist. I did my best, but they went from the castle gates where I finally died to "the payload is approaching its destination" by the time I respawned. I'm going to hear that shit in my sleep tonight.

Don't. Fucking. Spawn-camp.

Fuck.

13randO

then unless you are mechanically good as a GM (maybe masters) or above player, you won't climb.

There's a lot of truth in this. Comms is key to success. You don't have to have a conversation with your teammates (most of the time it just clogs up chat), but call outs are always helpful. At the minimum, using the chat wheel to tell people your ult charge and letting people know that you are listening can be good enough.

_Legacy_

then unless you are mechanically good as a GM (maybe masters) or above player, you won't climb.

Have to agree here, I play a lot solo but seem to be the only one with a mic. I do frequently get messages after a win from a teammate saying "gg, nice calls" or "gg, good leader". Makes a huge difference calling out flanks or saying when you're going to ult.

Unless English isn't your first language or there is a condition why you can't speak as much, it will help to communicate more. I got placed in gold and initially dropped to silver tier, most of the time games were lost to lack of awareness, calling things out negates that a lot. Mostly solo q'd to plat but now play with a team but it was my solo wins that got me there with mic.

Cappa

Banned
Yup, but so far what I've heard from the pros on down is that Orisa is not fine as is right now. She is very reliant on teammates while not having a gamechanging ability like Sombra.
Sombra wasn't game changing when she first came out either

Also alot of heroes people find boring I love to play like rein Lucio etc

Acidote

I want the new Widowmaker statue but Blizzard is going crazy with shipping costs. With that and customs it goes from $150 to pretty much 300€. It's way too much.

Trickster

Is Oasis not part of the maps in competitive? I''ve gotten it once in the last several days, and I can't remember if that was a quick play or not.

NeoRaider

widowmaker_full.jpg

Slay! It's sooooo good. Her hair, pose, little details... everything.
I usually never care about these statues but i really want this one... too bad it's so expensive.

Soooooooo.....do Blizz charge when order is processed for dispatch ala Amazon or if I was to pre-order the Widowmaker would I be charged/cleaned out today?

My qp record says I'm 5-9 with Orisa, I'm surprised my team let me down so many times.

Currently 5-4 in QP as her. I'll have to play with her a little more as a stack though - most of those were solo testing.

On the other hand, I'm 12-37 in QP as Mercy, so I don't think I'll be challenging you on that front any time soon.

Currently 5-4 in QP as her. I'll have to play with her a little more as a stack though - most of those were solo testing.

On the other hand, I'm 12-37 in QP as Mercy, so I don't think I'll be challenging you on that front any time soon.

23-15-5 in Comp for me as Mercy.

53% win rate for me.

Need to bump those numbers up! But between being stuck with gold players who don't know how to do a team comp and people who throw the game all the time looks like I got my work cut out for me.

My QP with Mercy is atrocious....
I
Also in comp it says my most healing is like 16,000

And average 6 rezzes per game.

23-15-5 in Comp for me as Mercy.

53% win rate for me.

Need to bump those numbers up! But between being stuck with gold players who don't know how to do a team comp and people who throw the game all the time looks like I got my work cut out for me.

My QP with Mercy is atrocious....
I
Also in comp it says my most healing is like 16,000

And average 6 rezzes per game.

Playing Mercy in QP for me is basically "how many grey hairs do you want to get today?" I do slightly better as her in comp but in the end I usually don't like to play as her unless I'm in a stack.

Top Bottom