• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Blu(e)

I get mad Mercys that just never res. It's honestly really obnoxious. Like I already have a low expectations for random Mercy players (and just Mercy in general) but when they never res, like why even play her.

I like Mercy players who don't fly towards their team when I try to take them out. They back off and die LOL. I hate it when pussies pick Mercy in my team and try to hide and fish for multiman rezz. I do remember one Mercy player standing still near the choke in Eichenwalde just healing one or two people. Some of them lock on someone, go behind cover and wait for a five man rezz. I lost count of how many times I saw our Mercy just watch backline flankers dive on her and she doesn't GA to someone to heal herself and get the team's attention.

Notice the pattern and creativity of shitty players even with healers. DPS Ana, PoTG Mercy, Boop/wallride Lucio and DPS Zen. Just fuck off to some shitty team deathmatch shooter.

I get mad Mercys that just never res. It's honestly really obnoxious. Like I already have a low expectations for random Mercy players (and just Mercy in general) but when they never res, like why even play her.

Yeah Rezz should be used often but on specific targets and during team fights, not at the end of them when you are losing and have something like 3-5 after rez. Mercy doesn't work with random teams though; she is good in certain maps with certain comps. And I don't understand the hate for Pharmercy; they are on your fucking team FFS (you don't have to pocket the Pharah all the time)

I don't get it. I'm Gold. I get paired with 4 Diamonds and another Gold vs an entire squad of 6 Plats. My squad has no cohesion whatsoever, continually runs staggered up to the Volskaya choke point and dies piecemeal for four minutes in a row, while I as Zenyatta and briefly Tracer end up with 4 gold medals after the first round (with a whopping 3 eliminations and a whole 10 seconds of objective time so I'm not bragging).

Then on defense for some reason my team is completely perplexed by a Bastion of all things and the Bastion gets a team kill all by himself (with a Mercy boost) that seals the victory for the other team.

How did these people get to Diamond rank? What genie of the lamp did they get three wishes from? How am I, a lowly Gold just trying to make it to Platinum, the only person with any game sense? Fuck me. I thought maybe because I kept getting paired with Diamonds every match that my internal MMR was adjusting but no, I guess the MMR thinks I'm an idiot. Argh!

BigDug13

If we lose 1 or even 2 and it seems like the enemies have lost more and will have to regroup, I won't burn the rez because they will be able to run back before the next push. If it seems like it's a close matchup and that dead player, especially if an essential class, could turn the tide back to our favor to win especially during a push when we have spawn disadvantage, I might burn it on one. If it seems like we are going to not hold or we might wipe, it's hide time for a big rez. But If I'm not able to bring everyone back because they're too spread out or death timers are expiring on some or the enemies wiped us without using ults, I'll probably just die with the team. No sense in rezzing into a bunch of saved Ults or staggering my death.

caesar

Banned
I don't get it. I'm Gold. I get paired with 4 Diamonds and another Gold vs an entire squad of 6 Plats. My squad has no cohesion whatsoever, continually runs staggered up to the Volskaya choke point and dies piecemeal for four minutes in a row, while I as Zenyatta and briefly Tracer end up with 4 gold medals after the first round (with a whopping 3 eliminations and a whole 10 seconds of objective time so I'm not bragging).

Then on defense for some reason my team is completely perplexed by a Bastion of all things and the Bastion gets a team kill all by himself (with a Mercy boost) that seals the victory for the other team.

How did these people get to Diamond rank? What genie of the lamp did they get three wishes from? How am I, a lowly Gold just trying to make it to Platinum, the only person with any game sense? Fuck me. I thought maybe because I kept getting paired with Diamonds every match that my internal MMR was adjusting but no, I guess the MMR thinks I'm an idiot. Argh!

Were they actually diamond or just peak diamond?

I get scared that people will yell at me for rezzing only one or two heroes :(

It's very rare that I solo-rez, if it is it's for a damn good reason. Usually to keep the momentum going and it's a tank that's holding the team together.

I'll easily rez 2 people if say like my team just got two picks and i know they don't have a enemy rez available. There are times when someone calls me out and I just tell them to chill, I'll build it up quick. I make it a point to explicitly say the words "I got my Ult, AGAIN", every time I get it back, they won't say another word to me throughout the entire match questioning my judgement (unless they die, all of a sudden they want a solo rez).

I threw a game on Volskaya once on Point A. I was playing Mercy for like half an hour? We were in OT and I rezzed a millimeter away from the point because I was afraid of dying fast due to my high ping, so I panicked and mistimed it.

It's very rare that I solo-rez, if it is it's for a damn good reason. Usually to keep the momentum going and it's a tank that's holding the team together.

I'll easily rez 2 people if say like my team just got two picks and i know they don't have a enemy rez available. There are times when someone calls me out and I just tell them to chill, I'll build it up quick. I make it a point to explicitly say the words "I got my Ult, AGAIN", every time I get it back, they won't say another word to me throughout the entire match questioning my judgement (unless they die, all of a sudden they want a solo rez).

I had good Mercy players who have good awareness and notice that I am doing work or holding the other team. The best Rez I had was once with Rein where I got rezzed and immediately earth shattered their team during OT and proceeded to smash them obviously.

Were they actually diamond or just peak diamond?

I didn't check, but I'm guessing peak diamond due to how they were playing. Average SR was 2630 or something like that. It boggles my mind how any of them could have gotten to Diamond in the first place, though.

I'm guessing you avoided solo queue to accomplish that, right?

Every time I play Rein in solo queue my teammates scatter all over the map and don't bother using my shield. Then I just end up switching to DVA.

started in solo queue, and as I said before, had to use communication, social skills, and making friends.

So, as I came across other players who were shining in the elo I was in, I'd friend them and queue some up with them. I'd always end up back in the solo queue cause either, they hit a wall, or they weren't on. So I'd come across new players. and so on and so on.

now when I log onto overwatch, there can be at times, like 40 people playing on my friend's list.

I guess you could say I built up a network. But lately I've been mostly playing with one or two people who I have found real synergy with.

Understand, this wasn't a walk in the park. I climbed, fell, climbed, fell, it was a literaly elevator. I still got all the throwers, leavers, people who ignored and trolled, etc....All the problems you get, I got too...But I was able to overcome probably 30% of them which helped me climb.

but numbers wise, I probably solo queued about 40%-50% of it.

Sullichin

Lol think its time to make an alt account. Went 5-5 placements and i'm back in shit bronze

Really doesn't make sense to me that I placed in gold first season when i was objectively so much worse at the game. I had no idea what i'm doing. I'll be able to climb to silver but climbing from bronze-> gold is just impossible in solo queue.

komaruR

i think some1 back in the other OT mention something related to using res.
im not mercy player but just base on what i read and observe.

saving for big res:
- knowing the ult economy of the enemy team.
if you see enemy have zarya, rein, or some other big mass killing ult haven't been use yet and seems like they might be coming soon, you will hold res for that and hide.

using ult for 1-2,3man res:
- you want to use it to save key players in the battle. it could be use for just one tank that is crucial to put pressure on the enemy or choke or a dps that has a ult that can help sway the outcome of the battle or ressing a support that has a defense ult like lucio or zen to prevent a wipe from enemy's on coming attack.
- res 2man to tip the advantage of being man up on the battle

like said, im no mercy player. correct me if im wrong mercy mains!

DevilDog

Lol think its time to make an alt account. Went 5-5 placements and i'm back in shit bronze

Really doesn't make sense to me that I placed in gold first season when i was objectively so much worse at the game. I had no idea what i'm doing. I'll be able to climb to silver but climbing from bronze-> gold is just impossible in solo queue.

Just play gengu and dragonblade all the things.

What did you finish last season?

basically what placements did was have you play for where you finished last season....meaning if you won most of your games, you will just be a little over what you finished last season. (for instace I had a friend who finished 897 last season, went 8-2 in placements, and was placed 960ish)

if you did average or bad in placements this season, it would drop you 100-200sr lower than where you finished last season.

Sullichin

What did you finish last season?

basically what placements did was have you play for where you finished last season....meaning if you won most of your games, you will just be a little over what you finished last season. (for instace I had a friend who finished 897 last season, went 8-2 in placements, and was placed 960ish)

if you did average or bad in placements this season, it would drop you 100-200sr lower than where you finished last season.

Yeah I know. It's making it impossible for me to escape bronze/silver.

i think some1 back in the other OT mention something related to using res.
im not mercy player but just base on what i read and observe.

saving for big res:
- knowing the ult economy of the enemy team.
if you see enemy have zarya, rein, or some other big mass killing ult haven't been use yet and seems like they might be coming soon, you will hold res for that and hide.

using ult for 1-2,3man res:
- you want to use it to save key players in the battle. it could be use for just one tank that is crucial to put pressure on the enemy or choke or a dps that has a ult that can help sway the outcome of the battle or ressing a support that has a defense ult like lucio or zen to prevent a wipe from enemy's on coming attack.
- res 2man to tip the advantage of being man up on the battle

like said, im no mercy player. correct me if im wrong mercy mains!

Strategy I want my team to do on attack is try take it without using ults... See if we can bait their team into using theirs... Once that's done I do full Rez and we unleash our ults.

It's worked all the times that I have got my team to do it.

ohkay

Season 1/2 placed pretty much everyone in gold/plat (or 40-60 in s1), so there were lots of people placed way too high or way too low

antitrop

wierd, its backwards for me.

QP always pops in less than a minute for me....where Comp queue times can be 2-5 minutes.

But I'm on PC.
My Comp queues usually pop in 1-2 minutes, PC as well.

The times are going to be different for people with different MMRs, though, and depending on what time of day you usually play.

komaruR

either fallen (tilting) diamonds or carried diamonds

Strategy I want my team to do on attack is try take it without using ults... See if we can bait their team into using theirs... Once that's done I do full Rez and we unleash our ults.

It's worked all the times that I have got my team to do it.
next time tell us that. some people didnt know your intention and will use it.

as for me, you dont have to worry about me. since i usually play either hanzo, mccree, winston or pharah.
hanzo i get ult so fast that i use my ult like cooldown. only time i will save if zarya wanna combo but that rarely happens. + ppl run away from the dragon anyway if i ult right in front of them.
mccree, i only use ult to zone since its pretty shitty for actually picking people off.
winston, i need to ult to save my life and to keep the distraction going.
pharah, i try to use it on emergency since it leaves me wide open. still need to find the good timing (work in progress).

I guess the "dont use ult" applies more to like rein earthshatter, zarya grav, soldier aimbot, genji sword?

Are players at all levels aggressive toward constructive feedback?

A Mei walls off a 1v6 fight (our favor), and I say not to do that in the future, and the entire team tells me to stop being an "asshole" for criticizing the play.

A D.va never shields, and I let the player know that the shield can protect everyone - I'm an asshole.

Junkrat complains about Pharah - I ask to switch, etc.

Are these people just unable to handle any kind of criticism of their fragile egos?

antitrop

A Mei walls off a 1v6 fight (our favor), and I say not to do that in the future, and the entire team tells me to stop being an "asshole" for criticizing the play.

A D.va never shields, and I let the player know that the shield can protect everyone - I'm an asshole.

Are these people just unable to handle any kind of criticism of their fragile egos?
You have to sugar-coat the shit out of it, you can't just be blunt.

Like, compliment them on something they did well before you point out what they did wrong.

hypernima

Banned

Yes.

Yeah I get people who complain when I offer suggestions on how to change playstyles too.

I've literally had godlike callouts go ignored until two people are dead and then they complain about dying.

I've had to YELL REPEATEDLY for a fight to start that we could win because people won't play the objective.

You have to be kind of polite, but at times you have to be as blunt as a 2 by 4 to make sure shit happens.

Also y'all should vote me in for Overwatch team USA. I'll be the best plat player there.

i was thinking about what S.Koreas team might be and all i could think of was Lunatic hais entire team with mayb a dps switched out from another team they seem super popular in S.Korea i dont know if theyll vote like that tho.

Owzers

You have to sugar-coat the shit out of it, you can't just be blunt.

Like, compliment them on something they did well before you point out what they did wrong.
Whoever wants me to change off Orisa in comp is going to have to convince me I'm the greatest player in overwatch as is but I could be even better if I switch.

Anne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxksj3jI4Ok Sayaplayer AMA put on by OGN. IT's cute.

i was thinking about what S.Koreas team might be and all i could think of was Lunatic hais entire team with mayb a dps switched out from another team they seem super popular in S.Korea i dont know if theyll vote like that tho.

Sayaplayer, Flow3r, Kaiser, Hoon, Ryujehong, Kris

I like that line up. Miro, Tobi, Who.R.U., Haksal, Evermore, Panker, and some others I forget off the top of my head would all be great too. I just tried to make a line up with good coverage and all star players.

caesar

Banned
i was just goin back and forward last few days then dropped down almost to 36XX
i was forced onto heals throughout that while bad tanks and dps tilted off the earth.
i mean i play almost anything the team needs but after 6+ losses it gets tiring seeing the same mistakes

tho right now stealing SR from you brought me some good luck im almost back to season high XP

Yep, had 5 losses in a row due to this pandemic yesterday. Today I clawed back 3 with soldier but then lost another 2 ( one being thay volskaya game). Funny i won all the games were i was allowed to dps. Its just annoying do people not check profiles anymore? Everyone thinks they are Tviq or something.

Oh well, I dont really tilt very much myself so I should be get back up without much problem. 3750 atm.

Yeah I know. It's making it impossible for me to escape bronze/silver.

Pick up genji and climb 1000 sr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxksj3jI4Ok Sayaplayer AMA put on by OGN. IT's cute.

Sayaplayer, Flow3r, Kaiser, Hoon, Ryujehong, Kris

I like that line up. Miro, Tobi, Who.R.U., Haksal, Evermore, Panker, and some others I forget off the top of my head would all be great too. I just tried to make a line up with good coverage and all star players.

Not a good lineup cuz no Saebyeolbe( ≧Д≦)

Also Sayaplayers such a weeb

Anne

Not a good lineup cuz no Saebyeolbe( ≧Д≦)

Also Sayaplayers such a weeb

Saya > Saeby. If Sayaplayer keeps improving at the pace he's going he has potential to be the best DPS player in Korea flatout. Hell all he has to do at this point is pick up Genji.

Saebyolbe is real good though. I'd put him in my top 5 for DPS players out of KR more than likely. Kind of a hard list to make though cause I need to see what else Who.R.U. and Haksal are willing to pull out.

Top Bottom