• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

AngryMoth

Viewers vote for their nation's representatives, who will select the strongest team from that nation.
So the people voted for aren't necessarily players, they just pick the team? Would be good if it means that each nation actually has their best players playing this time. That being the case I could see France, Sweden, Finland and USA all having a chance but SK will probably still walk it lol

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Guys what if widowmakers sniper charged while it was unscoped as long as you didn't fire the smg mode?

Would that be too strong? Too mobile? Too much emphasis on quick shots and repositioning rather than setting up at a sniper position? Too much power against people who surprise her?

Or would it change nothing?

Azoor

Guys what if widowmakers sniper charged while it was unscoped as long as you didn't fire the smg mode?

Would that be too strong? Too mobile? Too much emphasis on quick shots and repositioning rather than setting up at a sniper position? Too much power against people who surprise her?

Or would it change nothing?

That would still make her too powerful, it'll take away one decision the player has to make. The player has to decide when to scope and then commit to it, if the gun was to charge while not scoping then it'll make it too easy for them to run away from a target and then scope and shoot them.

ohkay

i was thinking about what S.Koreas team might be and all i could think of was Lunatic hais entire team with mayb a dps switched out from another team they seem super popular in S.Korea i dont know if theyll vote like that tho.
Wasn't this essentially what it was? (Even if Zunba was added to LH after the tournament)

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah I guess it would be a little ridiculous lmao, I guess in my mind I keep thinking about how widowmaker would feel more satisfying if she had a bolt action rifle.

AngryMoth

Keep getting sucked into playing Solider in comp instead of heroes I actually like cos he's the only one I seem to climb with consistently :(

Saya > Saeby. If Sayaplayer keeps improving at the pace he's going he has potential to be the best DPS player in Korea flatout. Hell all he has to do at this point is pick up Genji.

Saebyolbe is real good though. I'd put him in my top 5 for DPS players out of KR more than likely. Kind of a hard list to make though cause I need to see what else Who.R.U. and Haksal are willing to pull out.

But look at him!
C7bettaVsAAtoHt.jpg
He needs to be on the team!

Wasn't this essentially what it was? (Even if Zunba was added to LH after the tournament)

They had Tairong who is a coach i think?
And Arhan

I would like to know why I always get grouped up with level 18 players who only pick DPS/Widow against level 500 players who have stacks too. Seriously. I just had a shitty QP game where we almost won actually with four fucking DPS in my team, one Lucio who NEVER gave me a single sound barrier the whole match, and me as Winston (sole tank and I am worried about the lack of DPS if I picked Zarya or Rein).

Four DPS, one tank, one "healer". Two low level players who feed ults and never switch. Why does matchmaking hate me? And oh, the opposite team had a player who reached GM and is in high masters now. I just checked their stats and most of them were diamond and above. My 12+ winstreak with Winston in QP is now ruined :^(

Why Blizzard? Why me? Also, I had some dirty post fight chat with the other team's Mercy because I was chasing her all the damn match LOL. She was like "easy monkey", and then it kinda escalated.

Blu(e)

ok that was a bad rez but why did like half of the team try to kill Ana. and why Rein ult. So many weird decisions.

Mei was the only one trying to kill Ana.

Reinhardt charged to get to the point faster and ulted to counter Roadhog that was ulting him and his team away from the point.

Are players at all levels aggressive toward constructive feedback?

A Mei walls off a 1v6 fight (our favor), and I say not to do that in the future, and the entire team tells me to stop being an "asshole" for criticizing the play.

A D.va never shields, and I let the player know that the shield can protect everyone - I'm an asshole.

Junkrat complains about Pharah - I ask to switch, etc.

Are these people just unable to handle any kind of criticism of their fragile egos?

Honestly, you probably need to stop with character specific criticisms. No one is gonna listen to you and your tone might get people off their game. Like in your Mei example, it might of been a simple mistake (every Mei has done a bad wall), but what if she puts up an awesome wall that actually helped your team, did you thank her for that? There's too many people that are quick to point out mistakes, but very rare that people actually say "hey that was a good ____". All your examples show constructive feedback on what they need to work on, it's not really constructive if you're not giving out good feedback for what they do right. I guarantee you that Mei probably has had 15 other people tell her how much her walls suck and to get off the character because she sucks. **Maybe** had one occasion where someone told her that she put up a nice wall.

You have to low key tell people how to play via teamwork, you can't just tell people essentially to play their character better or switch off to a different character. Example: f the D.Va never users her DM, let's say I'm Rein.. I would say "Hey D.Va can you use your DM for a bit my shield is getting hit hard, I need to regenerate it". Chances are higher that they start using the DM more often because they feel more involved in the teamwork/strategy. Did I directly tell them how to play? Indirectly yes, but they don't know that, they think they're contributing to the team (which they are).

Wow. I just had an insane game with Tracer. It escalated so badly near their spawn in King's Row last checkpoint. I even got PoTG and ran through everyone on point.

I should practice Tracer more in custom games against six Lucios with 500% speed. I tried that once with MCree and I couldn't hit shit lol. No seriously, I feel like I understand what I should do with Tracer and I am mechanically decent with her, but I need more practice. I feel like sometimes I do bad decisions and don't adjust well--I did adjust in this game after some bad fuck up on point (couldn't finish Symm and someone else who were SUPER low on health).

I should practice Tracer more in custom games against six Lucios with 500% speed. I tried that once with MCree and I couldn't hit shit lol. No seriously, I feel like I understand what I should do with Tracer and I am mechanically decent with her, but I need more practice. I feel like sometimes I do bad decisions and don't adjust well--I did adjust in this game after some bad fuck up on point (couldn't finish Symm and someone else who were SUPER low on health).

lol, it's like you're arguing with yourself. no one is disagreeing with you man. Go all in on that tracer

If you ever feelbad just know some1 in my team today put shieldgen down point a Eichenwalde after half our team was dead and 1 guy said periodically teleporter ready? Lol

They should've kept Orisa banned from Comp for the whole season tbh. I lost several matches because people refuse to switch off her when things aren't working and continue to play her like Reinhardt. An Orisa/Bastion duo cost me a match on King's Row even.

I can not seem to break out of 2700 and it's killing me after touching Diamond last season.

Satch

Banned
U know, i think the second worst hero main after mercy mains are roadhog mains. u might need a completely different offtank and they aren't versatile enough to play it at all. Or they think it excuses them from playing rein cuz theyre already a tank

AngryMoth

I don't believe it...

Climbed from 2700 to 2900 today until I just had the game hard crash during team select. Happened for everyone on the team because voice comms were only thing still working, rest of the application was totally unresponsive. Lost 50 SR and 7 game win streak bonus.

The overwatch gods truly do not want me to get to diamond.

Apathy

U know, i think the second worst hero main after mercy mains are roadhog mains. u might need a completely different offtank and they aren't versatile enough to play it at all. Or they think it excuses them from playing rein cuz theyre already a tank

I'd rather switch to zarya from hog if I have to for the team than to rein. Hell even D.va

ohkay

While aim is important for Tracer, I think using her in actual matches is more helpful because, unlike McCree who lives and dies by his aim, tracers need to know how to properly manage their blinks and recalls to avoid damage or bait stuff and how to use them for mobility purposes

Owzers

I don't believe it...

Climbed from 2700 to 2900 today until I just had the game hard crash during team select. Happened for everyone on the team because voice comms were only thing still working, rest of the application was totally unresponsive. Lost 50 SR and 7 game win streak bonus.

Take me with you or stay in plat forever, those are blizzards demands.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Anyone who hard-mains a hero and can't/won't swap is awful and constantly gimping their team. I wouldn't even say mercy or roadhog mains put a blip on the radar compared to Sym and Torb mains who actively fuck up your offenses constantly, or a Widow one trick who can be totally ineffective against different team comps but still sticks to it.

I noticed with tanks in general there usually is two groups, people who only/mainly play Rein and people who can jump around but can't play Rein. I can play Roadhog/Zarya/Winston/Dva fine but I am terrible on Rein and would never want to swap to him. But I think most people want to be excused from playing Rectangle because he's boring as hell.

I don't believe it...

That sucks. Same thing (minus that good of a win streak) happened to me last week. Losing 50 SR because of that really blows.

If you're winning and you randomly switch off your role to another one without mentioning it, that's an issue. Since people don't seem to understand that.

Are players at all levels aggressive toward constructive feedback?

A Mei walls off a 1v6 fight (our favor), and I say not to do that in the future, and the entire team tells me to stop being an "asshole" for criticizing the play.

A D.va never shields, and I let the player know that the shield can protect everyone - I'm an asshole.

Junkrat complains about Pharah - I ask to switch, etc.

Are these people just unable to handle any kind of criticism of their fragile egos?

Usually people either say nothing and just continue what they're doing.

I tried explaining how a comp works when we had a Widow and a Tracer and then Rein as our tank.

Ugh.

Okay. PC headsets.

I see the Tutele Elite Pro for $360, and I need a new headset. Are these a good brand?

Jesus no. Get this setup if you really want to spend money, then get the V-Moda BOOM mic or the Antlion Modmic. Don't spend audiophile money on a gaming headset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpRCK6CVdis

Hell I got a pair of Mad Dogs with an Aune T1 and Antlion ModMic for $400 and it's the best audio setup I've ever had.

Is a headset really worth that much? I've got the Hyper Cloud II and they've been great value at £50 IIRC.

Hyper X Cloud II are the GOAT for size and performance.

If you spend more than that, just get a Blue Snowball or a Mod Mic and a great audio focused pair of headphones.

Apathy

It simply shouldn't choose any heroes that are currently active. When it becomes 4 Meis or 4 Dvas, it becomes a stomp.

Seconded. Along side with you can't get the same character after you die and keep your ult meter (or at least keep 50% of your ult meter) when you die it would help MH feel better. Even if they limit dupes to 2, even that would be better.

Okay. PC headsets.

I see the Tutele Elite Pro for $360, and I need a new headset. Are these a good brand?

The only headset at that price range that I would ever recommend is the Sennheiser game one or game zero ($250 and $275 respectively, probably less if you look around). The Hyper X Cloud II is the next best headset and it's only around $100 dollars. Those are the only headsets - from the pretty massive amount of headphones and headsets that have passed through my collection - that can compare with the quality of actual headphones and an add-on microphone.

Owzers

I'd beware the hyperx cloudx console one, the inline volume controls don't work and take away sound from one ear when fiddled with.

Kevyt

Overwatch world cup again later this year!!

USA is in top 5, at third spot and South Korea not surprisingly at number 1

https://worldcup.playoverwatch.com/en-us/

I am honestly not that excited about USA's top players since most of them are streamers... I am however more excited about players from countries like the UK, Poland, and Singapore. I also hope this time there aren't any professional players in the world cup.

There needs to be the equivalent of fighting games' online warriors in overwatch world cup! (Players that only play online and not in tournaments).

Owzers

you got a defective one!
I dunno, there were quite a lot of reviews that mentioned the inline controls are bad on the hyperx xbox ones, I bought anyways and the reviews were accurate. It has a two year warranty but I doubt another one would be better. The problem is I compulsively fiddle with the volume roller because it's there and is problematic, otherwise it's fine.

komaruR

Hey Komaru what equipment do you use to stream/capture?

XCapture-1
Blue Yeti
obs
The only bad part is my isp plan is only 5mbps so can't stream better than the 2700kbps or else i face mega lag.
I don't feel like paying 15$ more just to increase my speed since I don't need anymore d/l speed but upload only. So I'll live with it since I'm just paying 35$ for 25D/5U. not a bad deal.

nice, didnt notice until now that the past clips that were clipped from my vod is on the clip section of the channel. pretty neat to look back at the old clips lol

Blues1990

Is a headset really worth that much? I've got the Hyper Cloud II and they've been great value at £50 IIRC.

Jesus no. Get this setup if you really want to spend money, then get the V-Moda BOOM mic or the Antlion Modmic. Don't spend audiophile money on a gaming headset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpRCK6CVdis

Hell I got a pair of Mad Dogs with an Aune T1 and Antlion ModMic for $400 and it's the best audio setup I've ever had.

Hyper X Cloud II are the GOAT for size and performance.

If you spend more than that, just get a Blue Snowball or a Mod Mic and a great audio focused pair of headphones.

The only headset at that price range that I would ever recommend is the Sennheiser game one or game zero ($250 and $275 respectively, probably less if you look around). The Hyper X Cloud II is the next best headset and it's only around $100 dollars. Those are the only headsets - from the pretty massive amount of headphones and headsets that have passed through my collection - that can compare with the quality of actual headphones and an add-on microphone.

Okay, I'll try and order another set of Hyper Cloud II's, but I haven't had much luck with the last pair that were shipped to me (only because someone had stolen them when they were being shipped to me by snail mail).

I did consider getting the Revolver variant, but I'll probably get the KHX-HSCP-RD.

komaruR

Okay, I'll try and order another set of Hyper Cloud II's, but I haven't had much luck with the last pair that were shipped to me (only because someone had stolen them when they were being shipped to me by snail mail).

I did consider getting the Revolver variant, but I'll probably get the KHX-HSCP-RD.

if its for pc, dont dobly atmos does the virtual surround emulation for any stereo headset?
then you don't need a expensive one.

breadtruck

My team = 4 mercy and 2 ana.

Enemy team = mercy, zen, rein, Zarya, McCree, pharah.

I get this way too much that I stopped playing Mystery Heroes.

Pretty much every time I played it I got this kind of BS. It would be a good start to fixing the mode by limiting how many of one character can spawn on the team. I dont play it anymore now either. Sad!

Top Bottom